Catch Bar & Grill - Marriott - Biscayne Bay - Miami
1633 north bayshore drive
Miami, FL 33132Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Catch Bar & Grill - Marriott - Biscayne Bay - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://catchonthebaymiami.com/
- Phone: (305) 536-6414
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joe Natoli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catch Grill and Bar has 2 private dining rooms that each seat 20 people and feature a sixty inch flat screen television. Both rooms provide flexible table configurations and a intimate dining experience
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday night starting at 7pm featuring the best of Miami's local music scene on the Catch terrace. The fun is moved inside and continues if it rains Enjoy $5 small plates and selected cocktails as well as $5 house wine till 10pm. Free valet parking with the purchase of an entree.
A word from Catch Bar & Grill - Marriott - Biscayne Bay - Miami
Catch Grill and Bar is a unique dining experience in the heart of downtown Miami.Located Lobby level in the newly renovated Miami Marriott Biscayne Catch boasts a relaxing marina side dining experience. Chef Joe Natoli actively participates in the "Clean Fish" program insuring the product we serve is hormone free and is responsibly fished,not upsetting the Eco system. The all day dining menu encourages the guest to share and individualize their entrees.Our "Hooks and Lures" and a great way to start off the experience with Ceviche, Ahi Tuna Lettuce Wraps, or Spicy Chicken Tacos. Weather its our " Fresh Catch" or an Angus Burger, you can choose from 3 cooking techniques, 2 sauces, sides and toppings. All of the speciality cocktails are crafted from fresh squeezed ingredients that are prepared daily. Catch's wine list has a Latin American influence with selections from Chile, Argentina and Spain featuring 20 wines by the glass. We invite you to 'Hook up" and experience Everything Miami.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Catch Bar & Grill - Marriott - Biscayne Bay - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- WonderfuldeniseMelbourneDined on 10/23/2014It was such a wonderful experience, breakfast, lunch or late night New Chief, Must try ............Special Features:
- Warning do not waste your $ hereFoodie4lifeDined on 9/8/2014The service stinks. The food was salty. My order was incorrect and by the time the food came out I was not hungry anymore. Desserts terrible. Food is overall salty.Special Features:
- 4th of July disapoitmentIvetaVIPDined on 7/4/2014I book Catch for 4th of July evening with group of friends despite of prior bad experience. What a mistake! Even though the this great location specially for 4th of July service is below unacceptable. On hot July night we waited over 45 min for drink order and server only came back after I went to see the hostess twice. Another 30 min till server ( Sara) took a pity on us and proclaimed she will take care of us even though its not her table, but she feels bad. Yeah, you doing us a HUGE favor. After meal the table got never cleared, and another round of drink was never offered, till yet again we went to look for server. The top of the evening was the bill, which took the server and Manager on duty over 35 min to figure out.Special Features:
- HorribleHumanNatureVIPDined on 7/4/2014We were seated promptly and given menus. We waited nearly 20 minutes and no one came by to take our drink or food order. We moved to the bar and were ignored by the bartender this time .... 10 minutes went by so we left. I could understand if they were very busy, but they were only about 1/4 full.
- Miami42Dined on 6/1/2014We were warmly greeted by our hosts who made us relax and we enjoyed the ambience and candle-light tables.We had lovely food!Great value for money and the deserts were tremendous.After the meal we had a nice conversation with a waitress who showed genuine interest in us,triggered by our English accents.There was service for us from severalstaff both male&female all did a wonderful job!It was a pleasure to have dined here and it made our evening so much more memorable after our visit to see Evita at the nearby Adrienne Artsh Center(walking time 15 mins or so).All staff were pleasant and the Hotel and surrounds were stunning,recommended.Special Features:
- Blah...DJ123Dined on 5/21/2014I was very disappointed with the entire experience. The waiter asked us for our drinks and we ordered wine. He came back 20 minutes later and asked if we would like to order any drinks... We told him we did 20 minutes ago, he said oh... That's right and then placed our order... I ordered the scallops, then 15 minutes later the waiter came back and said that he thinks they might be out of scallops..... The food was average and the place was empty for a reason. I would not recommend this place at allSpecial Features:
- Honey moon romantic nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I were staying at miami beach for our honey moon and I wanted to surprise her with dinner. The server was very friendly, the food was amazing. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- Caught by the CatchJohnVIPDined on 3/31/2014In town for one night we decided to eat in the hotel. Advertises itseslf as seafood. We sat outside - good choice - except servers did not spend any more time outside than necessary. Very good once they got there. Swordfish and mahi-wmahi were our choices - both done very well - presentation a bit different than expected. This is an example of a hotel which could do more with its restaurant.Special Features:
- Very goodMattyDined on 3/15/2014Fantastic service all around! Food was pretty good but on the pricey side. The outdoor dining has a good view. I'd come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated, very inattentive serviceRamboDined on 2/21/2014Food quality is above average in a nice outdoor setting near Biscayne Bay, but the lack of attentive service is a major problem. I had to wait 15 minutes or more after receiving my check to get the waiter's attention to let me pay the bill. Rarely refilled drinks, etc. Doubt that I would come again unless I wanted to spend a couple hours near the water, with little service provided.Special Features:
- It was goodAmeliaEnglishVIPDined on 2/7/2014There was nothing wrong with Catch. It was what I expected in every way, but it didn't exceed my expectations. The crab mac and cheese was yummy, and the cocktails were good, if not a shade overpriced (even for Miami). You will not be disappointed if you go to Catch, but you won't be wowed either.Special Features:
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014We stayed prior to our Shiprocked Cruise and had groupons to use - drinks were phenomenal, food was local and delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hotel restaurantBelahVIPDined on 1/19/2014Nice menu, kids.menu too. Stayed at biscayne bay marriott and this restaurant was convenient and goodSpecial Features:
- LunchBelahVIPDined on 1/16/2014Stopped by our hotel for lunch. Nice menu. Accommodating staff.Special Features:
- Dinner upon arrivalBelahVIPDined on 1/14/2014Menu offers children's selections. Nice entrees but I chose the tuna. Four tiny pieces. Glad I ordered a side vegetable.Special Features:
- Excellent place and service.lovetodineoutDined on 12/21/2013Excellent place and service. Went for my wedding anniversary and amazed by the server's attentionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a typical hotel restaurantRussellVIPDined on 11/23/2013Attached to the Marriott (you have to walk through the lobby to get there), the restaurant looks out on Biscayne Bay and the marina, with plenty of outdoor dining, but also a large comfortable indoor dining room too. Not a casual dining restaurant, but not formal either. Mainly a seafood menu -- salads not their specialty, but adequate -- and priced fairly. Locals dine here, alongside tourists and hotel guests. Service was really first rate -- we had to get in and out in a bit over an hour to walk to the opera (four blocks to the Arsht Center), and the waiter made sure we were served quickly and got out on time.Special Features:
- Food FabLuvFoodDined on 8/25/2013Overall dining experience was fabulous! Would recommend this restaurant to everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013Staff very friendly; enjoyed both dinner and breakfast there; highly recommended;Special Features:
- Small AppetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/23/2013Great food, but $12 for three croquetas is a bit extreme. Be prepared to not have large portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day LunchREE1Dined on 5/12/2013We were the only ones in the inside dining area for most of our stay, and despite this, the service was under par. You can tell this once was a good spot but it did not live to the expectations. They forgot to check us in at our reservations with Open Table and we had to reply to the no show email inquiry to clarify it. Although we had a good time and our son was entertained, we will not come back here on a specialty day/date occasion this is more for a casual lunch if you are a hotel guest or are in the neighborhood with nowhere else to go.Special Features:
- Revamped menu is a disappointmentFitFoodieVIPDined on 4/10/2013If you have any sort of dietary restrictions - vegetarian, low sodium, etc.- don't waste your time here. They used to have a phenomenal menu about 6 months - 1 year ago, and since it has been revamped, the variety is much more limited, and in my opinion, they have lost the distinction of being able to offer anything more than typical hotel restaurant/bar fare. I will drive somewhere else in Miami rather than eat in this hotel restaurant- even when I'm staying here for work and convenience is key.
- This was our second time atBradyfoofyVIPDined on 4/2/2013This was our second time at Catch and we will be back....great view and service.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2013Extremely over priced for mediocre food. Mahi mahi was over cooked. Cocktail mix strength was inconsistent.Special Features:
- Dessert was awful. Crème brûléeFtlfoodieDined on 3/2/2013Dessert was awful. Crème brûlée tasted like it was made 6 days prior. Waiter was unfriendly.Special Features:
- Food was decent, terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Food was decent, terrible service however ruined the dinner. Had friends in from out of town and by the end of the meal had began to call over other table's servers in order to get service and our last few rounds of drinks. The atmosphere was nice but the bad service (worse than most slow Miami restaurants) made the evening hard to enjoy.Special Features:
- We chose this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013We chose this restaurant for a pre-concert dinner as it was close to the Arsht Center. The reception and service were outstanding. The menu small but interesting. The decor is cold, not very conducive to entertainment or romance .
- Average, at bestJodiVIPDined on 1/19/2013Average average average.... And in Miami, it's not a good thing to be average.Special Features:
- Disappointing At bestBelahVIPDined on 1/16/2013In order to dine outside and enjoy the beautiful bay you must put up with the smokers My salad which was the appetizer was served with my entree Waiter apologized but did not hold entree Too pricey for what it was.
- Good food at reasonable prices,WestonerVIPDined on 11/29/2012Good food at reasonable prices, free valet. I recommended this place and I will be back myself.Special Features:
- Birthday day outingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Although there is a good wine list the prices were up there. Miami Spice menu helped snd choices wee very good. Eating outside is nice provided there's a breeze otherwise indoors by the windows . There were no fans outside but since we went late September it was tolerable.Special Features:
- Service was a little slow,Secret671Dined on 9/27/2012Service was a little slow, but everything we ate was extremely delicious.Special Features:
- Service was great. Didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012Service was great. Didn't like the ceviche.. but everything this else was good.Special Features:
- Had a cheese sandwich, a crabOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2012Had a cheese sandwich, a crab salad, and 3 shrimps for lunch, all for over $70. Not sure how dinner is, but I don't recommend this place for lunch unless you feel like throwing your money away.
- It is a nice place to sitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2012It is a nice place to sit at tables or couches, in or outside, with a nice marina view. It isn't spectacular outside though the inside feels cozier. The service was very good. The waiters were usually available and with excellent disposition. Our biggest complain was the food. It was well presented but taste-wise, it lacked the exitement, the flavor strength and finess one gets at other Miami Spice participants. Apetizers: The fried oisters were bland and iceberg was outright mediocre. My Manchego and chorizo fondue was excellent but I expected to find chorizo bits. Entrees: My wife's fish & seafood stew was uneventfull and many pieces were tasteless. My 3 sea scallops were small with low scallop taste & unapleasing sause. Dessert ok.Special Features:
- Great restaurant,great food,and2frequentdinersVIPDined on 9/6/2012Great restaurant,great food,and gret service! Life music also makes a great difference. The music was great. We will go back again soon!Special Features:
- It was great experience, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2012It was great experience, service was wonderful, food was delicious my date had the sea bass which was perfect, I had the salmon, very good. Dessert was a wonderful cheese cake.Special Features:
- Beautiful view awful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012The food needed seasoning and the service was horrible. I will never visit this place again and I'm definitely not recommending this establishment to anyone.
- Table had not been clean beforeBrnsugartVIPDined on 9/2/2012Table had not been clean before being seated which knocked this down a few points. Wait staff was friendly and polite. Beautiful view of the bay.Special Features:
- The outdoor space in the backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2012The outdoor space in the back is great. Very relaxing and we also enjoyed the band.Special Features: