Catch 35 - Naperville
35 S. Washington St
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Catch 35 - Naperville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.catch35.com/
- Phone: 6307173500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eddie Sweeney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Catch 35 can accommodate semi-private parties. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6307173500
A word from Catch 35 - Naperville
Catch 35's menu, written daily, lists around three dozen market fresh seafood choices. Upon completion of an unforgettable meal, dessert choices can be made from a vast array of unique, tantalizing pastries prepared fresh daily in their pastry kitchen. A perfect setting for an after work get together or a romantic rendezvous with that special someone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Catch 35 - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)romantic (104)fit for foodies (101)neighborhood gem (81)notable wine list (73)good for groups (68)great for lunch (48)great for outdoor dining (29)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (16)great for brunch (15)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (4)Show More
- Busy BarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Food here was wonderful, but ordered drinks then studied the menu and place order. Drinks did not arrive till after we finished appetizers almost 45 minutes late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?WillyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Catch35 is one of my favorite restaurants, but on Saturday night we drew a rookie server and it was a mess. Waited 30 minutes after we sat down to get a bottle of wine we ordered, and it went further downhill from there. Not normal for this place.Special Features:
- MrJLODined on 8/25/2014Seafood are fresh and tasted very well, but disappointing on the portion, for the price paid. i.e. Lobster and crab ($50), they served only the tail, (No head and claws), and one Alaskan crab leg. Oysters at $30/dozen although they tasted very well, they were not the "meaty" variety. The oysters' meat was small. My party of two spent $150 on food only but still felt hungry after dinner (Both our portions controlled but not the Price)Special Features:
- Good Seafood RestaurantRobGDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is a good seafood restaurant in Naperville. Easy to find. Good location. Parking is close at hand. My only issue on the night was that we were seated at a table right next to the door to the kitchen. It was a very busy location and distracted from the overall experience.Special Features:
- Catch 35 Naperville simply the bestJohnVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were there for a birthday dinner, the food, service, and ambience couldn't be better. We took a dish of the day recommended by our waiter and it was simply the best halibut I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- Awesome foodDebbieVVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a great experience with pleasant servers and amazing food.Special Features:
- an excellent mealSnapDocDined on 8/22/2014The room is quietly elegant, with comfortable, solid chairs; the lighting is soft, but not dim and one can see the colors of the food and appreciate the appearance of the darker wines; a carpeted floor and well designed walls and ceiling, as well as table cloths and padded chairs, minimize resonance. The service is attentive and our server (Craig) responded to our special inquiries without hesitation. The food was delicious and well presented. All in our party of six were served simultaneously. Fine sauces did not overwhelm the principle ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time HereEscape4usDined on 8/21/2014It was more than great tasting food but the whole dining experience. From the ambience of the table to the presentation of the main plate all which contributed to a stellar evening. Wine was pretty pricey but Thursday night has 1/2 price bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Everything was great!!! I had the swordfish blackened and absolutely loved it! And to finish up, we had the pecan pie that is to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotten Too ExpensivesummerfunDined on 8/18/2014Have loved Catch 35 for years downtown. Now in Naperville used to love to come for special dinners. Went for my husband's Bday with two teenagers. It has just gotten too expensive. Two glasses of wine with dinner & only two ordering salads check over $250 just not worth it. Maybe I would take clients or just my husband and I but as a family we need to go elsewhere.
- ImpressedMarkoVIPDined on 8/15/2014It had been a year since our last visit but we will be returning more frequently given our positive dining experience last week. Service was very strong and food was impressive. Started with the beet salad which was outstanding. The sockeye salmon was very good and my wife loved her sea bass. Key lime pie that we shared was a nice ending for the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchraviVIPDined on 8/15/2014Had a wider selection of lunch items and everything tasted fresh and well made. Not quite as good as the Chicago location but still excellent for the area.
- Stick with the seafood..CincyDined on 8/14/2014Like this restaurant, although not the place to eat anything but seafood...steak wasn't good (per my wife). I found the chowder ok, the sashimi decent and the lobster good (albeit expensive)...waitress was good enough, although she seemed a bit overworked trying to multitask (holding another tables bottle of wine as she took our order)...a bit put off by the $1 "upcharge" to get crumbled blue cheese on a steak as a replacement for what was offered on the menu - you would think a place taking you for $100 might consider looking the other way on a spoonful of cheese..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The restaurant was very accommodating from the very start. We had made a dinner reservation for a party of 2 several days prior to our visit. We were able to change to a larger party the day before. When our 6:30 reservation time ended up being quite early for our planned arrival, they were able to accommodate us almost an hour early. The menu offered many excellent choices, and the prix fixe selections were certainly a great value. No complaints about the cocktails and wine we ordered. Wait staff was extremely attentive. Overall ambiance was very relaxing and conducive to easy conversation at the table. Would definitely return to Catch 35.Special Features:
- Special OccasionDonWDined on 8/10/2014When I made the reservation I noted that this was our anniversary. Our server greeted us with a full knowledge of our special day. It was immediately obvious that she had taken the time to familiarize herself with our reservation before we arrived. The food was excellent and the service was attentive throughout the meal. I was impressed with the quiet atmosphere that allowed my wife and I to have a nice conversation at dinner without having to "yell" over the noise of the restaurant. A very pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalAndrewG009Dined on 8/9/2014Took my wife to Catch 35 for her birthday and it was beyond enjoyable. Service was perfect, the food was insanely great and she had an overall amazing time. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Everything excellent except lobsterDmoneyDined on 8/8/2014Everything we ordered was exceptional except for the lobster. And at $59 that was surprising. The asparagus tempura and the szechwan scallops were both out of this world. My wife really enjoyed the medallions as well. Overall a little pricey but you get what you pay for (except in the lobster department). My daughter doesn't like fish, seafood or steak so there were very limited options. I would go back, but not with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Planing to go back with friendsDiamondDaveVIPDined on 8/8/2014The resturant has a very nice decore and comfortable feel when you walk in. We had the sea bass and the halilbut special and both were very good and we finished with the key lime pie. Thumbs up for our first visit, we will make plans to come back with friendsSpecial Features:
- Waiter Very Helpful, Food a ValueEater1961Dined on 8/8/2014We haven't eaten here in a number of years and the waiter was very helpful in us making our selections. The appetizer selection was good. The waiter noted that we would be able to order oysters at half price based upon our arrival time. We did and enjoyed them. We also had the Sashimi appetizer that we enjoyed. The salad was only average item we had. Our meals were excellent. Prior visits the entire menu was ala carte and we found the overall price to be excessive. That was one reason we haven't been there in years. A gift certificate was the motivator for us to come back. Now each entrée includes some vegetable and some starch. We appreciate that. There are plenty of restaurants in Naperville and this was necessary to compete.Special Features:
- Awesome TimeTeamPinkDined on 8/5/2014I had a great experience at Catch 35. The service was great and the atmosphere was awesome. My wife and I enjoyed the scenery, very romantic and also seem like a nice place to bring the family. The drinks were perfect and the food was outstanding. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FantasticMhahnDined on 8/3/2014I went a couple weeks ago for the first time and I am hooked. The service was amazing, we had Brent, the atmosphere was absolutely charming, I had a wonderful wine, the food was devine and I have already been back with more people and planning on another get together there. Very glad I went here and will for sure be coming back again and again.Special Features:
- Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Dinner was very good but not outstanding. Waiter accommodated our request to change the sides with our dinner. We both had the sockeye salmon which will be gone soon until next year. It was a good choice for our Saturday night dinnerSpecial Features:
- anewyourker1Dined on 8/2/2014what a pleasant surprise of discovering this restaurant. It was sheer delight - the food, service, atmosphere, etc. We will be back. BTW - the chocolate decadent desert was heavenly - and loaded with calories but worth it...Special Features:
- Not up to it's usual standardGavinssidekickDined on 8/2/2014Service was so slow, the waiter would leave with "some" of the drink orders and didn't take all of them. He seemed somewhat disorganized , the food, for the most part, everyone seemed to enjoy it, my only issue was with two plates of the same food, the sauce was spicy and not eatable along with the fingerling potatoes they were undercooked.
- Overall goodJHLBWBDined on 8/1/2014The food was great with nice flavors. The service we received was awesome--very helpful with wine choices, etc. My only complaint was the somewhat loud techno/dance music with a driving beat. It insidiously seemed to get louder as the night wore on. It was actually somewhat exhausting by the end of the night to tune the music out so I could concentrate on what my table mates were discussing. It just seemed out of place--definitely not conducive to a leisurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good Food and AmbianceoneandonlyDined on 7/31/2014Food is always good here. We both had the stuffed lobster tail specials. Started with the crab bisque and the seafood chowder and finished with key lime pie. Bread is also outstanding. Only a couple of small service hiccups. Waitperson handed us a dessert menu when the key lime pie was included in the special. Also, the initial bill had the wine at full price when we chose a half price special. Both were rectified, but for this type of restaurant, mistakes like that should not be made.Special Features:
- BirthdayLuv2dineDined on 7/30/2014I brought my husband to your restaurant for his birthday. First time either of us dined there. The food was marvelous, service was wonderful, and the prices weren't as bad as I expected. We will definitely return to a Catch 35 in Naperville.Special Features:
- Catch 35EdK8VIPDined on 7/28/2014The menu is extensive with many fresh seafood options as well as steaks. The shrimp and crab bisque is great. The dessert menu changes but everything has been very good. The three course meal option is a great value with many selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodVirginiaguyDined on 7/26/2014Everything was great except that we had to wait too long to be seated-45 minutesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elaborant place- less foodBrunchedVIPDined on 7/26/2014Very nice looking place in Naperville; the decorations and the parking were great. The appetizers were great, but the meals portions for the price did not match. The Fish and Chips, had way more chips to cover up for the 2 small pieces of fish for$21. Not impressed. The Sangria was not Sangria, rather was red wine with 7 up. We have not tried the Catch-35 in Chicago yet, hope it is better than this one in Naperville.Special Features:
- Samsam25Dined on 7/25/2014The food was just ok. The pairings and seasonings seemed off. Additionally it was really cold in the restutaunt.
- LOVE Catch 35!blueelfDined on 7/25/2014This is my favorite Naperville restaurant. The food is always great, servers are the best. It's summertime, so sitting outside is so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A traditionKiddBrownDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I enjoyed our Anniversary dinner on Friday. The service was wonderful as usual and my husbands meal of Sea Bass was fabulous. I had the King Crab legs as I normally do and was very disappointed. The portion was much smaller than usual and the quality was just OK. There was one piece that was nice, firm and sweet, but the rest was pulpy and fishy tasting. Definitely not worth the $59 price tag. I've had better at an all you can eat seafood buffet. So, that was very disappointing. The manager was very concerned and ending up paying for my wine. We will go back, but I don't think I would order crab legs again. The entire Crab/Lobster/Surf N Turf menu is overpriced. The rest of the menu is quite reasonable for what it is.Special Features:
- Great food and servicekmr140616Dined on 7/23/2014We had an excellent meal with fresh, quality ingredients and attentive service. The mussels with Thai lemongrass were the best we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finefineDined on 7/22/2014It was fine. Nothing special. The shrimp was a little overdone. The drinks are overpriced. The lobster bisque was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerTmonatorDined on 7/20/2014Overall a nice experience. Our server was good, but not very personable. Food was very good, portions are on the small side, and wait time was quite long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food experienceKingDined on 7/19/2014Everything was very good, including the waitstaff, except the food. Salads dressed so poorly we had to verify if dressing was even on the salads. Risotto over cooked. Pad Thai not as good as the carry out place that costs less than half. Wondered if the cooks were all new. Will not return.Special Features:
- Good foodbsorno23Dined on 7/19/2014The chilean sea bass dish my wife ordered was amazing. Everything else was good, but that stole the show.Special Features:
- Exhaustive seafood menuTharaDined on 7/19/2014Great food! The Chilean Seabass was outstanding. Portion sizes were just right. Exhaustive menu. A martini to remember. I would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- 70 out of 70DinnerAt70Dined on 7/19/2014Celebrated my wife's 70th birthday with dinner for two. It was an outstanding experience. We will go back many times.Special Features: