Catch 35 - Naperville
35 S. Washington St
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Catch 35 - Naperville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.catch35.com/
- Phone: 6307173500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eddie Sweeney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Catch 35 can accommodate semi-private parties. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6307173500
A word from Catch 35 - Naperville
Catch 35's menu, written daily, lists around three dozen market fresh seafood choices. Upon completion of an unforgettable meal, dessert choices can be made from a vast array of unique, tantalizing pastries prepared fresh daily in their pastry kitchen. A perfect setting for an after work get together or a romantic rendezvous with that special someone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Catch 35 - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Catch 35 - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)romantic (113)fit for foodies (108)neighborhood gem (83)notable wine list (73)good for groups (67)great for lunch (44)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (18)great for brunch (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (5)Show More
- Good food as usualKatefoley4295Dined on 9/29/2014This is my favorite seafood restaurant and all was good.Special Features:
- Just a lovely place.albar11Dined on 9/27/2014Catch-35 is our go-to place for a nice, comfortable dinner. We'll go on special occasions or with guests. Very good food, service and ambiance, not inexpensive but not outrageous. The prix fixe options are a very good value.Special Features:
- It was very good and enjoyableIwillbebackDined on 9/27/2014The waiter was very knowledgeable and he made our evening special. The food was so delicious and came hot and quicker then most restaurants.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTCarlesDined on 9/27/2014As usual at Catch 35, superb food and better service!Special Features:
- Really Good ServiceTallvolVIPDined on 9/26/2014Catch 35 has always had good food and a wine list that complements any meal. I had mentioned in an earlier review that the service had gotten less attentive. Well, I am happy the that changed Friday night. Our waiter, Ricky was excellent. Attentive and helpful, he made the halibut and salmon even more enjoyable. I look forward to our next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch 35OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Great restaurant and has consistently maintained their standardsSpecial Features:
- Good for business lunchHenryDined on 9/22/2014Good atmosphere, good, and service. Only issue was noise nearby when waiter was talking to the other tables. Difficult to hear conversation at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...RelaxedDined on 9/21/2014We are regulars here, usually eating dinner after a show at the Paramount in Aurora. We have had great meals here many times, but this time, it wasn't up to usual high standards. Appetizer (sashimi) was great, and the beet salad was good. We ordered whitefish (very good) and salmon. We asked the server how they do the salmon, and he said rare. We told him that we didn't want rare but preferred medium. The fish came out more than rare, so we had to send it back. Desserts were very good, but the service was a bit off. By the end of the meal, we had several empty wine glasses, plates from previous courses, etc. sitting on our table. They should have been removed after each course.
- Jackson5Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great time celebrating my friends birthday at Catch 35 this weekend. The food and service were great!Special Features:
- ConsistentDavidDined on 9/20/2014The food and service is always consistent. My wife and I have yet to have a poor experience.Special Features:
- SaltuncleTomDined on 9/20/2014Both entrees were so salty we couldn't finish them.
- Great Night OutGrubsupDined on 9/20/2014Decided to go here for anniversary. Decision did not disappoint. Great food and drink, low noise. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!tealoverDined on 9/20/2014The fish was as fresh as advertised. We started with appetizer scallops and the scallops were perfefctly cooked but the sauce was fabulous. The halibut with lobster was a delicous plateful of food. When we were finished, we were full and very content. Our server Rick did a great job of explaining the menu and the specials and making recommendations and his service was very attentive. Great dining experience and would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!!!TerryDined on 9/20/2014Our waiter, Zak, was very attentive, not too intrusive. He to our food allergies and answered our many questions about the menu. Although this is a seafood centric place, I had the best filet Oscar ever... This doesn't happen very often, as we are picky about everything from seating location to air ducts blowing on us. Background music is just enough so you don't hear other table conversations. They've got it all figured out! Great experience :-)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Great meal. John was a great host and provided us great service. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B123B123Dined on 9/19/2014Very good food,very good service Nice place I will be backSpecial Features:
- Superior Seafood in NapervilleNiceWVIPDined on 9/18/2014First of all the sourdough bread is scrumptious! Hard not to fill up on it. Lovely soft butter served in scallop shell. Heirloom tomato salad perfect with shaved fennel and radishes. Mussels in garlic/butter/wine--succulent and perfect. Halibut and lobster main dish with pesto potatoes excellent. Sept. is lobster month so good time to get your lobster fix. Good key lime pie, more of a lime cheesecake. Only problem: the 8 panels of "art" on the upper walls; they look like coloring book pictures. There are so many good artists out there; even lovely photos of sea creatures would be welcome. Silvery blues, ocean creatures like tropical fish or seahorses done semi-abstractly would fit better. Otherwise the decor is lovely.Special Features:
- Class Act DiningcriticalfooDDined on 9/18/2014Catch 35 is a delight if you love food that is prepared impeccably using the freshest ingredients creatively. The menu and wine list has something to please any palate from its extensive fish and seafood selections to entrées that will make any carnivore drool. The décor is fresh and classy, table size ample (I hate crowded eating surfaces), pristine white tablecloths and the most comfortable leather chairs I have ever experienced in a dining establishment. Our server was extremely attentive without hovering and very knowledgeable of the menu and wine offerings. Consider finishing your meal with the flourless chocolate cake with hazelnuts, crème anglaise and raspberry coulis. It is divine, as was out our meal. Highly recommend Catch 35!Special Features:
- WOW!SocialOneDined on 9/18/2014Four of us went to Catch 35 for lunch to celebrate my birthday. September also happened to be Lobster month at Catch 35. How lucky is that! I had the Maine lobster roll which was outstanding! The lobster bisque was better than any we had tasted. It had chunks of lobster floating about. The crab cakes and the salmon were superb. There is nothing left to say, except there are few September days left to take advantage of the Lobster Bash!Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014This was the first time we had eaten at Catch 35 in quite a while, and for the price of the meal it was pretty disappointing - especially the service. We used to go there for special occasions (including this time), but I'm sorry to say that we will not be returning to Catch 35.
- Great/Fresh Seafood Menulmj14Dined on 9/16/2014My only dilemma is knowing what to order, so many amazing things I always want. I have never been disappointed with any dish, especially anything from the specials menu (highly recommend ordering off that menu if something catches you eye and pallet)! I also LOVE the Oyster Happy Hour, GREAT deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for left-overs!BakaMemeDined on 9/14/2014As group of 4 on Sunday night we disappointed that they ran out of their signature Sea Bass and Halibut. We dug slightly deeper into the menu to find the road less traveled. What we found was worth the trip. The bisque was made with lobster today. Very tasty, although I got a bowl...should have gotten a cup. The yellowfin sashimi was amazing. The white wine broth with the mussels was too salty for our taste. The wine list was adequate, but not much more.Special Features:
- SkipnSanDined on 9/13/2014Had not been to Catch 35 in several years but it didn't take us long to realize that the quality has not changed. I thought our waiter, Ricky, was a chef because of the way he described the evening specials. He did so in intricate detail and also made recommendations. Ambiance is very pleasing as well. There were four of us and before we left the restaurant, one person in our party said, 'I want to come here for my birthday' ...which happens to be in just one week. So we will be back to enjoy Catch 35 again, soon.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointingDatenightVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food for one of use was superb unfortunately the other had an issue with the preparation. The wine was average considering the price but was still enjoyable. The service was lacking and as we all know that has a tendency to stay with us regardless of the food. It will be awhile before I go back.
- LeehDined on 9/13/2014Our oysters were a tad "fishy". The lobster on the halibut, and the corn side were both cold. Our waiter left us for a while, had to ask for his return. The swordfish was wonderful, and the halibut fresh and I got a side of bernaise sauce :) Would still go back.Special Features:
- Amazing foodBizzleDined on 9/12/2014I had the filet with lobster and asparagus. It was simply delicious and I cant stop thinking about it. Way to go chef and cooking staff!!Special Features:
- always great foodMikeiLikeDined on 9/12/2014I think what distinguishes great restaurants from good ones is the first impressions. That being said, the hostess and hosts are very chipper and that starts the evening right. Following that, our waiter was very professional. Knew his stuff and was able to handle suggestions for my wife's allergy to onions. Although it was busy, he didn't forget our table and was always very attentive. We didn't feel rushed. The menu was fantastic. They had specials galore this week that I haven't experienced in the past. Many things included lobster bites, including the mashed potatoes - yum! However, if you want romance, sit away from the section of booths bordering the bar - a little too noisy, but not overwhelming so.I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmo12Dined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed a great dinner during Lobster Bash. The Mac N Cheese with Lobster and the Lobster Bisque were outstanding. Our waiter was helpful and took good care of our group of 6. Catch 35 is one of my favorite restaurants in Naperville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch-35 always a great mealDrHitchDined on 9/6/2014We had 11 of us for my wife's birthday party last weekend at Catch-35 in Naperville. On other occasions, the two of us have sat in the bar area. Always a great meal and the service/staff were great. For the birthday party, several people had specials and some had ala carte. The waiter very nicely split-up the bill by couples.Special Features:
- fantastic ExperienceperrysDined on 9/6/2014I made a reservation for our anniversary and it was one of the best restaurant experiences I ever had. The restaurant itself has a great décor and can fit for casual to romantic occasions...The food was fantastic but I was more impressed by the waiter and manager. The waiter was great, funny, friendly and attentive..the manager actually came by the table and welcomed us as first time customers..I travel and eat at restaurants all over the US, Europe, Canada and can honestly say have never had a manager come over and welcome me. I thought the overall expeience was tremendous, and was very impressed by the food and more so people...Special Features:
- slow service tonightsoozVIPDined on 9/5/2014our services was pretty bad - food took forever. When it came it was delicious and the manager apologized and gave us free dessertsSpecial Features:
- Great food, almost worth the price.MicromaxDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have been here a few times for special occasions. Each time, the service has been exceptional. The menu has plenty of options for even the pickiest. This most recent visit, I had the Sea Bass, and I honestly have never had a piece of fish that good at any price. Was a real treat that was accompanied by a poached egg that complimented the bacon crust on the fish perfectly. My wife's crab legs were plentiful, but she didn't think they were worth the 60 dollar price they charged. The only other thing that we felt could have been improved was our seating. We had tables sandwiched in front and back of us that had us feeling a little pinned to our table. Another foot of room to spread out a little would have been welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food undercooked - will not returnJRlove2eatVIPDined on 9/4/2014Our fished was undercooked. We were offered no appology and management never came to the table. We then order crab cakes, which we were charged for, these were greasy. When we got the bill, we were charged full price for a 1/2 price bottle of wine, again, no appology. No excuse for this terrible service at such a high end restaurant.
- Busy BarHoosierDined on 8/30/2014Food here was wonderful, but ordered drinks then studied the menu and place order. Drinks did not arrive till after we finished appetizers almost 45 minutes late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?WillyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Catch35 is one of my favorite restaurants, but on Saturday night we drew a rookie server and it was a mess. Waited 30 minutes after we sat down to get a bottle of wine we ordered, and it went further downhill from there. Not normal for this place.Special Features:
- MrJLODined on 8/25/2014Seafood are fresh and tasted very well, but disappointing on the portion, for the price paid. i.e. Lobster and crab ($50), they served only the tail, (No head and claws), and one Alaskan crab leg. Oysters at $30/dozen although they tasted very well, they were not the "meaty" variety. The oysters' meat was small. My party of two spent $150 on food only but still felt hungry after dinner (Both our portions controlled but not the Price)Special Features:
- Good Seafood RestaurantRobGDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is a good seafood restaurant in Naperville. Easy to find. Good location. Parking is close at hand. My only issue on the night was that we were seated at a table right next to the door to the kitchen. It was a very busy location and distracted from the overall experience.Special Features:
- Catch 35 Naperville simply the bestJohnVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were there for a birthday dinner, the food, service, and ambience couldn't be better. We took a dish of the day recommended by our waiter and it was simply the best halibut I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- Awesome foodDebbieVVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a great experience with pleasant servers and amazing food.Special Features:
- an excellent mealSnapDocDined on 8/22/2014The room is quietly elegant, with comfortable, solid chairs; the lighting is soft, but not dim and one can see the colors of the food and appreciate the appearance of the darker wines; a carpeted floor and well designed walls and ceiling, as well as table cloths and padded chairs, minimize resonance. The service is attentive and our server (Craig) responded to our special inquiries without hesitation. The food was delicious and well presented. All in our party of six were served simultaneously. Fine sauces did not overwhelm the principle ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.