Catch 35 - Naperville
35 S. Washington St
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Catch 35 - Naperville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.catch35.com/
- Phone: 6307173500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eddie Sweeney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Catch 35 can accommodate semi-private parties. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6307173500
A word from Catch 35 - Naperville
Catch 35's menu, written daily, lists around three dozen market fresh seafood choices. Upon completion of an unforgettable meal, dessert choices can be made from a vast array of unique, tantalizing pastries prepared fresh daily in their pastry kitchen. A perfect setting for an after work get together or a romantic rendezvous with that special someone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Catch 35 - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Catch 35 - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)romantic (102)fit for foodies (98)neighborhood gem (81)notable wine list (67)good for groups (58)great for lunch (40)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014Our dinner was very good but our server, Zach, was FABULOUS. We were out with friends and this was the first time any of us visited the restaurant. Zach made sure we had a great experience. We will come back for Zach and hope that the food is as good as it was on this visit. The scallops and potsticker were amazing.
- Superb, even on a slow night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014There weren't many people on a Monday night, but all of the staff treated us lovely. I had the Coho Salmon and my girlfriend had the Szechwan Scallops. Both were super amazing!! That polenta...just wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Bartender Needs a little helpIrishwonDined on 10/13/2014Food and service, as always excellent. The after dinner drink of choice is Sambuca - which we have had here a few times. For some reason the 5 cocktails were serviced chilled, almost frozen. When we asked why this traditionally warm drink was served in that manner we were told the bartender was new and thought it should be that way. That was a lot of money spent on our part for her lack of bar knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my alltime favoritesBillaDined on 10/11/2014Couldn't believe how absolutely packed this place was at 6:30 PM but since we of course had reservations were still seated immediately. Have been to Catch 35 many times and always love it. The food is outstanding, the service efficient and charming, the ambiance very appealing and pleasant. The two of us shared the Baked Oysters as an appetizer - loved them! As main meals we had the Chilean Sea Bass and the Tuna Sashimi, both to die for. Wine by the glass is reasonably priced and the dessert menu looked tempting but....... What I especially appreciated was how well the staff compliments each other. Since our waiter was very busy one of the Managers (Brent) stepped in to help out. How good is that. We so love Catch 35 and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerSeafoodfanDined on 10/8/2014Loved our night at Catch 35. The wait staff was so friendly and attentive. They also were very knowledgeable about menu items and also gave us great recommendations for the main course. The food was delicious. It was a great place to go to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- pacoVIPDined on 10/7/2014Wonderful evening with ambience, delicious food with artistic presentation, impeccable service provided by Andrew and fellow wait staff! We were celebrating a birthday and were more than satisfied!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantRaymundoDined on 10/4/2014Catch 35 is a great restaurant for unbelievable great tasting sea food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatratherbecookingDined on 10/4/2014I ordered the Saffron Charred Salmon. The flavors were great, but there was a little extra char on one side which left a slightly bittery taste. It was paired with a mascarpone polenta which was delicious, but my plate needed a little brightness, like maybe some greens or citrus. My husband ordered the Filet Medallions and none of the three were cooked the same, so basically just some inconsistencies with the cooking. We were there Saturday night at 7, so I'm sure it was just busy kitchen issues. Overall I enjoyed our meal and the ambiance and we definitely plan on returning.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent ExperienceRogerDined on 10/4/2014Always a wonderful/romantic dinner out experience. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjflkwoodDined on 10/4/2014Service was excellent. Bisque was delicious;lobster roll was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood DelightDiningdivaVIPDined on 10/1/2014First time at Catch 35 in Naperville has made us devotees. Fabulous decor, top flight service, and the seafood that is amazing. We loved the new Chilean Bass preparation that meshed perfectly with the sweet pea risotto and the arugula. The mussels were hearty and in an oh-so-good broth. The pecan pie was the best we ever had. Our waitress said you sell it at the holidays. We look forward to a return trip soon.Special Features:
- Second timeRossnmeDined on 9/29/2014We dined here about a year ago and was disappointed. While on vacation we met a couple from Naperville who told us it was their favorite restaurant, so we decided to give it a second chance, and we are glad we did. The beet salad eas outstanding, we had the whole lobster, which, while not as good as a fresh maile lobster that we had in Maine, it almost tied for first place. One of our guests had the Chilean sea bass, with its seared crust was wonderful. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Good food as usualKatefoley4295Dined on 9/29/2014This is my favorite seafood restaurant and all was good.Special Features:
- Just a lovely place.albar11Dined on 9/27/2014Catch-35 is our go-to place for a nice, comfortable dinner. We'll go on special occasions or with guests. Very good food, service and ambiance, not inexpensive but not outrageous. The prix fixe options are a very good value.Special Features:
- It was very good and enjoyableIwillbebackDined on 9/27/2014The waiter was very knowledgeable and he made our evening special. The food was so delicious and came hot and quicker then most restaurants.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTCarlesDined on 9/27/2014As usual at Catch 35, superb food and better service!Special Features:
- Really Good ServiceTallvolVIPDined on 9/26/2014Catch 35 has always had good food and a wine list that complements any meal. I had mentioned in an earlier review that the service had gotten less attentive. Well, I am happy the that changed Friday night. Our waiter, Ricky was excellent. Attentive and helpful, he made the halibut and salmon even more enjoyable. I look forward to our next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch 35OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Great restaurant and has consistently maintained their standardsSpecial Features:
- Good for business lunchHenryDined on 9/22/2014Good atmosphere, good, and service. Only issue was noise nearby when waiter was talking to the other tables. Difficult to hear conversation at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...RelaxedDined on 9/21/2014We are regulars here, usually eating dinner after a show at the Paramount in Aurora. We have had great meals here many times, but this time, it wasn't up to usual high standards. Appetizer (sashimi) was great, and the beet salad was good. We ordered whitefish (very good) and salmon. We asked the server how they do the salmon, and he said rare. We told him that we didn't want rare but preferred medium. The fish came out more than rare, so we had to send it back. Desserts were very good, but the service was a bit off. By the end of the meal, we had several empty wine glasses, plates from previous courses, etc. sitting on our table. They should have been removed after each course.
- Jackson5Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great time celebrating my friends birthday at Catch 35 this weekend. The food and service were great!Special Features:
- ConsistentDavidDined on 9/20/2014The food and service is always consistent. My wife and I have yet to have a poor experience.Special Features:
- SaltuncleTomDined on 9/20/2014Both entrees were so salty we couldn't finish them.
- Great Night OutGrubsupDined on 9/20/2014Decided to go here for anniversary. Decision did not disappoint. Great food and drink, low noise. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!tealoverDined on 9/20/2014The fish was as fresh as advertised. We started with appetizer scallops and the scallops were perfefctly cooked but the sauce was fabulous. The halibut with lobster was a delicous plateful of food. When we were finished, we were full and very content. Our server Rick did a great job of explaining the menu and the specials and making recommendations and his service was very attentive. Great dining experience and would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!!!TerryDined on 9/20/2014Our waiter, Zak, was very attentive, not too intrusive. He to our food allergies and answered our many questions about the menu. Although this is a seafood centric place, I had the best filet Oscar ever... This doesn't happen very often, as we are picky about everything from seating location to air ducts blowing on us. Background music is just enough so you don't hear other table conversations. They've got it all figured out! Great experience :-)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Great meal. John was a great host and provided us great service. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B123B123Dined on 9/19/2014Very good food,very good service Nice place I will be backSpecial Features:
- Superior Seafood in NapervilleNiceWVIPDined on 9/18/2014First of all the sourdough bread is scrumptious! Hard not to fill up on it. Lovely soft butter served in scallop shell. Heirloom tomato salad perfect with shaved fennel and radishes. Mussels in garlic/butter/wine--succulent and perfect. Halibut and lobster main dish with pesto potatoes excellent. Sept. is lobster month so good time to get your lobster fix. Good key lime pie, more of a lime cheesecake. Only problem: the 8 panels of "art" on the upper walls; they look like coloring book pictures. There are so many good artists out there; even lovely photos of sea creatures would be welcome. Silvery blues, ocean creatures like tropical fish or seahorses done semi-abstractly would fit better. Otherwise the decor is lovely.Special Features:
- Class Act DiningcriticalfooDDined on 9/18/2014Catch 35 is a delight if you love food that is prepared impeccably using the freshest ingredients creatively. The menu and wine list has something to please any palate from its extensive fish and seafood selections to entrées that will make any carnivore drool. The décor is fresh and classy, table size ample (I hate crowded eating surfaces), pristine white tablecloths and the most comfortable leather chairs I have ever experienced in a dining establishment. Our server was extremely attentive without hovering and very knowledgeable of the menu and wine offerings. Consider finishing your meal with the flourless chocolate cake with hazelnuts, crème anglaise and raspberry coulis. It is divine, as was out our meal. Highly recommend Catch 35!Special Features:
- WOW!SocialOneDined on 9/18/2014Four of us went to Catch 35 for lunch to celebrate my birthday. September also happened to be Lobster month at Catch 35. How lucky is that! I had the Maine lobster roll which was outstanding! The lobster bisque was better than any we had tasted. It had chunks of lobster floating about. The crab cakes and the salmon were superb. There is nothing left to say, except there are few September days left to take advantage of the Lobster Bash!Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014This was the first time we had eaten at Catch 35 in quite a while, and for the price of the meal it was pretty disappointing - especially the service. We used to go there for special occasions (including this time), but I'm sorry to say that we will not be returning to Catch 35.
- Great/Fresh Seafood Menulmj14Dined on 9/16/2014My only dilemma is knowing what to order, so many amazing things I always want. I have never been disappointed with any dish, especially anything from the specials menu (highly recommend ordering off that menu if something catches you eye and pallet)! I also LOVE the Oyster Happy Hour, GREAT deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for left-overs!BakaMemeDined on 9/14/2014As group of 4 on Sunday night we disappointed that they ran out of their signature Sea Bass and Halibut. We dug slightly deeper into the menu to find the road less traveled. What we found was worth the trip. The bisque was made with lobster today. Very tasty, although I got a bowl...should have gotten a cup. The yellowfin sashimi was amazing. The white wine broth with the mussels was too salty for our taste. The wine list was adequate, but not much more.Special Features:
- SkipnSanDined on 9/13/2014Had not been to Catch 35 in several years but it didn't take us long to realize that the quality has not changed. I thought our waiter, Ricky, was a chef because of the way he described the evening specials. He did so in intricate detail and also made recommendations. Ambiance is very pleasing as well. There were four of us and before we left the restaurant, one person in our party said, 'I want to come here for my birthday' ...which happens to be in just one week. So we will be back to enjoy Catch 35 again, soon.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointingDatenightVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food for one of use was superb unfortunately the other had an issue with the preparation. The wine was average considering the price but was still enjoyable. The service was lacking and as we all know that has a tendency to stay with us regardless of the food. It will be awhile before I go back.
- LeehDined on 9/13/2014Our oysters were a tad "fishy". The lobster on the halibut, and the corn side were both cold. Our waiter left us for a while, had to ask for his return. The swordfish was wonderful, and the halibut fresh and I got a side of bernaise sauce :) Would still go back.Special Features:
- Amazing foodBizzleDined on 9/12/2014I had the filet with lobster and asparagus. It was simply delicious and I cant stop thinking about it. Way to go chef and cooking staff!!Special Features:
- always great foodMikeiLikeDined on 9/12/2014I think what distinguishes great restaurants from good ones is the first impressions. That being said, the hostess and hosts are very chipper and that starts the evening right. Following that, our waiter was very professional. Knew his stuff and was able to handle suggestions for my wife's allergy to onions. Although it was busy, he didn't forget our table and was always very attentive. We didn't feel rushed. The menu was fantastic. They had specials galore this week that I haven't experienced in the past. Many things included lobster bites, including the mashed potatoes - yum! However, if you want romance, sit away from the section of booths bordering the bar - a little too noisy, but not overwhelming so.I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmo12Dined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed a great dinner during Lobster Bash. The Mac N Cheese with Lobster and the Lobster Bisque were outstanding. Our waiter was helpful and took good care of our group of 6. Catch 35 is one of my favorite restaurants in Naperville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.