Catch 35 - Naperville
35 S. Washington St
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Catch 35 - Naperville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.catch35.com/
- Phone: (630) 717-3500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eddie Sweeney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Catch 35 can accommodate semi-private parties. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6307173500
A word from Catch 35 - Naperville
Catch 35's menu, written daily, lists around three dozen market fresh seafood choices. Upon completion of an unforgettable meal, dessert choices can be made from a vast array of unique, tantalizing pastries prepared fresh daily in their pastry kitchen. A perfect setting for an after work get together or a romantic rendezvous with that special someone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Catch 35 - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Catch 35 - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (177)romantic (102)fit for foodies (101)neighborhood gem (84)notable wine list (72)good for groups (59)great for lunch (39)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Disappointed again - avoid the weekendsJohnVIPDined on 11/22/2014I have been to the Catch 35 in Naperville many times over the past several years. My most recent dinner at the Catch 35 in Naperville has been the third time in a row where I was very disappointed. It started with making a reservation for 8 but not being seated until about 35 minutes later. It was explained to me "we are just very busy tonight". Isn't this what reservation systems and managers are for - managing dining demand? Next we were asked to go to the bar area which was over capacity and no seating was available. We attempted to order drinks but had to wait. When we tried to purchase a bottle of wine the bartenders could not answer our basic questions about the win list. after being seated we were again required to wait for our wait-person; our diner was acceptable not great. The wait-person never returned to inquire if our dinner was prepared to our satisfaction until it was time for deserts...
- Always delicious203TeachDined on 11/22/2014Great dinner and service. Our waiter was perfect- handle bar mustaches man was gracious, knew the food, timing was great, and very respectful of our occasion. Food was cooked perfectly. Window seat requested and fulfilled. Extremely overbooked. Totally disappointed as we waited for 25 minutes after the reservation to be seated however. I use this site for the point of getting pretty close to the time. This was simply addressed with a "we are sorry, but we overbooked this evening." It's tough, I get it, but that's where a manager coming to our table would have gone a long way. Will I still come back- absolutely. The food is terrific and the wait staff is great. Host staff just blew it. Catch 35 is always a treat, just a quick fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jan50nowDined on 11/22/2014Everything was perfect. Celebrating 50th birthday and server was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillyVIPDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I split several starters for dinner along with a bottle of wine. They were all great, but the king crab legs were outstanding. The service was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEddieDined on 11/14/2014Food was excellent, service was excellent. Great place to celebrate a major event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodDineMeVIPDined on 11/12/2014Catch 35 has a reputation for fresh seafood & has never disappointed. My work friends all like fish & we can each get a different dish due to the extensive off wringing. This location is convenient for a work related dinner. The service is excellent. The wine list has good wines for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food excellent service!GourmetloverDined on 11/8/2014Going out with a group of six for the first time here was a great surprise! Downtown Naperville is always hopping but after reading reviews from open table we decided to try it. Service was excellent. Large fish variety with great appetizers. Try the soups and the calamari was so light and flavorful. Although fish is a specialty our nonfish eater loved his steak! The manager came over and we received a free appetizer due to being our first time here. We retired to bar after and had great White Russians and Moscow mules! There is another one downtown by the river!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eatshockeygrandmaDined on 11/8/2014i took a friend here after dining at Catch 35 downtown Chicago earlier this year. I thoroughly enjoyed both places. It was easy to make a reservation (which I would recommend) on your site. They accommodated a special need we had. Enjoyed the evening very much. It was a bit noisy and tables quite close together.Special Features:
- Service was slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Catch 35 Service was slow - food was good but not great. Tables were to close togetherSpecial Features:
- Third time not a charm.BarbDined on 11/8/2014I have been to this Resturant 3 times. Each time I go the service, noise level, and food quality seem to go down. It was very loud on this occasion as I had trouble hearing our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The food is incredible and the services was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booth 1SjustSDined on 11/7/2014Nice view of dining floor but backs up to the back of the bar so at times it can be noisy when bottles are being rattled around.Special Features:
- Excellent food and unpretentiousMaryDined on 11/6/2014Great food ,great service and a very nice atmosphere. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AFVetDined on 11/1/2014Very nice decor, but the food quality for the entrees did not add to the experience. The location is excellent and if the kitchen can prepare meals without drying out the seafood, this should be a good place to visit. Wine list was nice. Service was good but not quite as attentive as expected.Special Features:
- Great New FindSharDined on 11/1/2014It was our first time dining at Catch 35. Everyone was very nice and the food was excellent. I hope to return to try different entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiger25Dined on 11/1/2014We had a very enjoyable eating experience, the foof was quite food. We would like to acknowledge the server, Laurae, (name possibly misspelled) who was very pleasant, aware of menu items and able to give us pointers on our wine selections. She also was quite attentive to our customer desires. We had a 3:45pm reservation on 11/01/14 and are pleased with everything about the resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!mrsfDined on 10/31/2014Seafood recommendations by server were on point. Great, though pricey, seafood restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- & SweetWorldFoodDined on 10/29/2014Quite difficult to find a subject tittle to describe my two great findings in this place: 1) The king crab legs, flavorful, fresh, juicy and sweet ... In short, what a sea delicacy; 2) the best cream brûlée in USA so far, perfect cream texture, and the crust what an interesting journey through the lands of sweet and amargo (tart).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- napergril1Dined on 10/26/2014Service was so slow and inconsistent. Bus boy spilled water all over and it took our server over 20 minutes to come just take our drink orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Naperville SpotDixonGuyDined on 10/25/2014In a city with surprisingly varied choices Catch 35 stands out as a gem. Great food and wonderful service made for a nice evening. The grilled halibut was outstanding.Special Features:
- Yum!retiredteachDined on 10/25/2014My party of 6 visited the restaurant for lunch. The service was friendly, unobtrusive, and prompt. I had a dish a few weeks ago that was not on the menu at this time. However, the chef prepared it anyway! What a treat! There is a certain elegant ambiance about this place. An event was taking place in a sectioned off place in the same room. The half walls were decorated nicely, and we didn't hear anyone from that side.
- Well Done Catch!RQGQDined on 10/19/2014Been in the industry for a long time, this place did not disappoint. Even after everything I have heard, it lived up to the expectations. Steak was dry aged and fantastic, better than some of the steak houses in Naperville. Ambiance was great, booth in the corner, felt like a mobster with my wife! Great place and even better service. Keep doing what you're doing, it works.Special Features:
- Our Night OutBobean57Dined on 10/19/2014The food and drinks were excellent. Everyone in our party who attended this dinner was completely pleased and satisfied with their meals and drinks.Special Features:
- Pleasant diningFeedmeplzDined on 10/18/2014I visited Catch 35 w/ a friend for late Friday night dinner. We liked our entrees very much (I had the yellowfin tuna poke) & the atmosphere. 2 drawbacks: there was an unlit candle on our table that remained unlit. We didn't complain since we were unsure if it was just for romantic ambiance & it wasn't necessary for us, but it might have been nice anyway. Also, in the time we were there, we noted 2 customers made separate complaints; one for not being seated quickly enough & the other for food that was too salty. Both seemed unnecessarily rude, so we were willing to write them off as coincidental, but it did seem that the staff was a little overstressed at the time. Overall, a lovely experience, though. Pumpkin cheesecake was to die for!Special Features:
- Great experiencegr8d8Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I do not get many opportunities to have some adult time for dinner. Catch 35 nailed our "date night". The waiter was great, friendly and knowledgeable. He was very understanding of use having some time to ourselves and encouraged us to take advantage of it which was nice. The food was fantastic. We had seafood, steak, apps and dessert. Very very timely and well presented. I have no complaints and would recommend to friends and family and return for another dinner ourselves. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningSaharDined on 10/18/2014Romantic, yet great for families as well. You can always count on the food & service to be excellent. Weekend dining makes reservations a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014While very expensive, we are always pleased with the food and service.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014Our dinner was very good but our server, Zach, was FABULOUS. We were out with friends and this was the first time any of us visited the restaurant. Zach made sure we had a great experience. We will come back for Zach and hope that the food is as good as it was on this visit. The scallops and potsticker were amazing.
- Excellent ServiceNaperBDined on 10/17/2014It was my first time there. The atmosphere was great. Seated quickly since we had reservations. The waiter was excellent. He was very informative and provided thoughtful recommendations. I had the swordfish. I had not had it before so don't know if my reaction was one of swordfish in general or of this particular dining experience. I thought it was average. My wife had the Haddock and it was great. It was a good experience but not sure I would frequent it based on the price/value.Special Features:
- Superb, even on a slow night!Willwork4foodDined on 10/13/2014There weren't many people on a Monday night, but all of the staff treated us lovely. I had the Coho Salmon and my girlfriend had the Szechwan Scallops. Both were super amazing!! That polenta...just wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Bartender Needs a little helpIrishwonDined on 10/13/2014Food and service, as always excellent. The after dinner drink of choice is Sambuca - which we have had here a few times. For some reason the 5 cocktails were serviced chilled, almost frozen. When we asked why this traditionally warm drink was served in that manner we were told the bartender was new and thought it should be that way. That was a lot of money spent on our part for her lack of bar knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my alltime favoritesBillaDined on 10/11/2014Couldn't believe how absolutely packed this place was at 6:30 PM but since we of course had reservations were still seated immediately. Have been to Catch 35 many times and always love it. The food is outstanding, the service efficient and charming, the ambiance very appealing and pleasant. The two of us shared the Baked Oysters as an appetizer - loved them! As main meals we had the Chilean Sea Bass and the Tuna Sashimi, both to die for. Wine by the glass is reasonably priced and the dessert menu looked tempting but....... What I especially appreciated was how well the staff compliments each other. Since our waiter was very busy one of the Managers (Brent) stepped in to help out. How good is that. We so love Catch 35 and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerSeafoodfanDined on 10/8/2014Loved our night at Catch 35. The wait staff was so friendly and attentive. They also were very knowledgeable about menu items and also gave us great recommendations for the main course. The food was delicious. It was a great place to go to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- pacoVIPDined on 10/7/2014Wonderful evening with ambience, delicious food with artistic presentation, impeccable service provided by Andrew and fellow wait staff! We were celebrating a birthday and were more than satisfied!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantRaymundoDined on 10/4/2014Catch 35 is a great restaurant for unbelievable great tasting sea food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatratherbecookingDined on 10/4/2014I ordered the Saffron Charred Salmon. The flavors were great, but there was a little extra char on one side which left a slightly bittery taste. It was paired with a mascarpone polenta which was delicious, but my plate needed a little brightness, like maybe some greens or citrus. My husband ordered the Filet Medallions and none of the three were cooked the same, so basically just some inconsistencies with the cooking. We were there Saturday night at 7, so I'm sure it was just busy kitchen issues. Overall I enjoyed our meal and the ambiance and we definitely plan on returning.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent ExperienceRogerDined on 10/4/2014Always a wonderful/romantic dinner out experience. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjflkwoodDined on 10/4/2014Service was excellent. Bisque was delicious;lobster roll was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood DelightDiningdivaVIPDined on 10/1/2014First time at Catch 35 in Naperville has made us devotees. Fabulous decor, top flight service, and the seafood that is amazing. We loved the new Chilean Bass preparation that meshed perfectly with the sweet pea risotto and the arugula. The mussels were hearty and in an oh-so-good broth. The pecan pie was the best we ever had. Our waitress said you sell it at the holidays. We look forward to a return trip soon.Special Features:
- Second timeRossnmeVIPDined on 9/29/2014We dined here about a year ago and was disappointed. While on vacation we met a couple from Naperville who told us it was their favorite restaurant, so we decided to give it a second chance, and we are glad we did. The beet salad eas outstanding, we had the whole lobster, which, while not as good as a fresh maile lobster that we had in Maine, it almost tied for first place. One of our guests had the Chilean sea bass, with its seared crust was wonderful. We will definitely visit again.Special Features: