Catalina Barbeque Co. & Sports Bar
3645 W. Starr Pass Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85745Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Catalina Barbeque Co. & Sports Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.catalinabbqco.com/
- Phone: 5206700444x
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily for Lunch and Dinner from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Danny Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For private parties, our Palmer Room has seating for up to 40 and features a private fireplace and outdoor patio.
- Special Events: Enjoy Happy Hour daily from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
A word from Catalina Barbeque Co. & Sports Bar
Catalina Barbeque Co. & Sports Bar is located at Starr Pass Country Club. The difference at Catalina BBQ Co. is that we use fresh, never frozen meats with no artificial additives, just pure wood smoke. You don’t have to be a judge at a barbeque competition to get competition quality barbeque, just come visit us at Catalina BBQ Co. for lunch or dinner any day of the week. Enjoy Happy Hour from 4:00 pm To 6:00 pm daily. Catch all of the days action in sports on one of 14 HDTVs located throughout the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Catalina Barbeque Co. & Sports Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Excellent BBQmhkolmanVIPDined on 8/9/2014We sat outside on a lovely evening, overlooking the 9th hold on the Coyote golf course, and had a lovely dinner. My ribs were meaty and tasty - with a ample portion. My wife really enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich - as good as any she has had. James, our server, was wonderful, accommodating and professional. Very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQfoodieDined on 6/26/2014Restaurant is nice with a great view of the golf course. The barbecue is really delicious. Would highly recommend the wait staff write the orders down as it's easy to forget a thing or two or mix stuff up which happened, of course. Overall good quality though;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very good!agoodeaterVIPDined on 6/5/2014Since the brisket can be hit or miss (when it's good, it's the best anywhere!) the chef gave me a sample (which was a bit dry), so I ordered the fish and chips - always made with salmon, and always a moist, tender winner.Special Features:
- The following 123 reviews are from the Catalina Barbeque Co. & Sports Bar reviews archive.
- Brisket was flavorfulagoodeaterVIPDined on 5/27/2014The brisket can be hit-and-miss: sometimes moist, sometimes dry. This time, it was a bit dry, but very flavorful. The chef was nice enough to send a sample out before I ordered - classy! The pulled pork was really good, too. Too bad we're always too full for dessert. Love the gratis cornbread and biscuits.Special Features:
- To-die-for pulled pork!gazebo3e4Dined on 5/12/2014Best pulled pork ever. Nice amount of smoke. Tasty sauce. But, more uniquely, a very nice crispy outside to many pieces. Yum! Yum!! We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/9/2014The food is outstanding! The mac and cheese is the best in town! The wings are also amazing!Special Features:
- Outstanding!CruisingcoupleDined on 5/7/2014Couldn't ask for better service and food! As well as a nice scenic view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't beat their soup, picklesagoodeaterVIPDined on 4/10/2014The chicken tortilla soup and the pickles that come with the burgers and sandwiches cannot be beat anywhere! And while their sweet potato fries are always good, they were extra crispy this time, and totally delicious.Special Features:
- A delightful find2BsinSoAZDined on 2/14/2014How could you not have a good dining experience in a Marriott owned and operated restaurant? This upscale (without being snooty) restaurant has an exemplary barbecue menu. The portions are very generous (we took enough home to have two additional meals(which justifies the cost). The staff are accommodating and unhurried in making recommendations and describing the fare accurately. The Assistant Supervisor, Richard, was attentive but not overbearing. The view of the golf course in the fading sunset as it reflected on the landscape was peaceful. Diners outside and in seemed to enjoy the ambiance and this was finished off by the warm and inviting fireplace near our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Tucson dinner hereBdowgialloVIPDined on 1/10/2014I had the ribs. They were outstanding! I am from Chicago and have had my share of ribs but these were the best I have ever eaten. Cannot wait to bring our out of town guests here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Award winning bbqChefontheriseDined on 9/14/2013This place has ranked in the top three in the Kansas City BBQ contest and it shows!!! Excellent food !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding baby back ribsGourmetGhettoGoerVIPDined on 7/24/2013Outstanding baby back ribs with three tasty sauces and home-made potato chips. Our go-to place in Tucson for ribs. Incredible setting on the ninth whole of the Marriott's golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic outdoor patioTucsonWesDined on 5/27/2013We enjoy sitting on the outdoor patio and watching the golfers as they come by. Very relaxing and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rib Room with a ViewGourmetGhettoGoerVIPDined on 4/25/2013The Catalina Barbeque Co. is our go-to place in Tucson for ribs. The ribs are meaty and tender and come with three sauces--we prefer the spiciest. The patio dining area has a spectacular view of the golf course and desert hills. It would be a particularly nice place to take out of town guests. Our server was friendly and efficient. Not the least expensive rib place in town but surely the best location!Special Features:
- I didn't give this restaurantBAppleb1Dined on 4/13/2013I didn't give this restaurant 5 stars because the decor and food don't go well together; however, both were great! Obviously, this is a BBQ restaurant, so you'd expect a casual atmosphere; in actuality, it was a pretty, dark, and upscale. The food and service were outstanding; our server was very knowledgeable, friendly, and outgoing. We've lived in Tucson for almost 44 years and this is the BEST BBQ we've had in town. If you like Burnt Ends, they don't get much better than this, and their ribs are delicious! It's pricey, but we will definitely return.Special Features:
- The muffins and biscuits wereagoodeaterVIPDined on 4/8/2013The muffins and biscuits were warm this time, and the pulled pork sandwich was really good. Hamburgers were very good, as usual. The French fries really tasted like potatoes (most do not) and the sweet potato fries were also excellent. Someday I'll have to make room to try out the desserts.Special Features:
- top flight restaurantTravelingGalDined on 4/7/2013We will definitely be back..this is a classy eating establishment, from the food quality to the service. I recommend sitting outside if it's nice, since there are great views of the golf course. We were able to talk, too; it was quiet.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013Great service, great view, great food. What else is there to say.Special Features:
- Side dishes we had-LoadedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/31/2013Side dishes we had-Loaded potatoe salad,Mac and cheese were somewhat bland. BBQ was good but Prime Rib cut on "special" was toughSpecial Features:
- Great breakfast burritos,agoodeaterVIPDined on 3/5/2013Great breakfast burritos, and a very good brisket sandwich (brisket everywhere is hit-and-miss, but this time it was really good).Special Features:
- The brisket and ribs are hit-and-miagoodeaterVIPDined on 2/2/2013The brisket and ribs are hit-and-miss, but the salads, cornbread, biscuits, pickles, burger, and soup are always terrific.Special Features:
- This a very nice place tononeVIPDined on 1/10/2013This a very nice place to stop for a reasonably priced meal. The decor is very plain but it is comfortable. The barbecue items were all very good. One comment on the meatloaf entre was that it was the best they ever had. The baby back ribs were fall off the bone tender and very tasty. We would definitely return if we are in this area again.Special Features:
- Excellent barbecue and friendlyMezvVIPDined on 1/9/2013Excellent barbecue and friendly service. Brisket sandwich excellent.Special Features:
- Not many restaurants thatnkdgolfDined on 12/30/2012Not many restaurants that are located in golf course clubhouses can compare with this place. Great food, drinks, and service. Technically a "sports" bar but food is way above the quality of other sports bars. If you are in the area this is a sure don't miss.Special Features:
- Great Ribs and WingsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012This was my second time coming and both times I received great service and even better food! I will definitely come back again and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- This place is hit-or-miss:agoodeaterVIPDined on 11/21/2012This place is hit-or-miss: sometimes it's really, really good, and sometimes it's just okay. Hamburgers are more consistent than the brisket and ribs, which sometimes are dry but sometimes are great. The spicy pickles are always outstanding, and along with the cornbread and biscuits, are worth the meal.Special Features:
- Best BBQ ribs & pulled porkLashVIPDined on 10/27/2012Best BBQ ribs & pulled pork in Az.! Sides are excellent also. Nice views of mtns. & golf course too. Just a great place to relax and enjoy the best BBQ in Az...Special Features:
- My wife and I ate here withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012My wife and I ate here with some friends on a Saturday evening and were pleasantly surprised by the outdoor seating and view it had to offer. Food was great and had a variety of great choices. We all oredered somthing different and were all pleased with our food. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Food was awesome, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2012Food was awesome, but the place seemed terribly short-staffed. Evident they were just waiting to increase staff until the snow-birds arrived from up north.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We enjoyed the food, service and ambiance, however it would have been nice to have a vegetable or salad choice that came with the meal. The meat was tender and delicious and the mac and cheese was yummy.Special Features:
- The BBQ pulled pork is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012The BBQ pulled pork is amazing - the best we've had! Enjoyed the creamed corn as well.Special Features:
- We've never been disapointedStregaDined on 8/8/2012We've never been disapointed in Catalina Bargeque Co. & Sports Bar. The barbequed items and sauces are exceptional. A great find!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Great atmosphere and excellent food, the best BBQ I've had in the city - It equals any BBQ I've eaten in my wife's home town of San Antonio, TX. It is also the most expensive BBQ I've ever eaten, $63 total for dinner and a drink each for two people, about double what I would expect from past experiences here and in San Antonio. I assume this is due to the restaurant's location in a swanky golf resort. I'll definitely go back for more, but, due to the price, it won't be a weekly visitSpecial Features:
- Best BBQ in Tucson! WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2012Best BBQ in Tucson! Wonderful service and wonderful food! Pulled Pork Tacos, yummy!Special Features:
- ONE OF FEW OUTSTANDING IN TUCSONSueTDined on 7/10/2012The only time we get the service and quality of food as we did last night, is when we go on cruises. Everything is always outstanding at your restaurant.Special Features:
- Imagine this. We drive 40OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012Imagine this. We drive 40 minutes to a Tucson resort just to eat barbeque. But it is outstanding. These guys do competitive barbecueing. The one mistake I made this time was to show up at 6:30PM on Fathers Day and they were out of brisket. So we made do with excellent pulled pork and smoked links. And they pay attention to the sides. They have a few good microbrews on tap including one that Thunder Canyon brews just for them. I prefer ales but my wife likes it. Its a great outside location and the staff is very accomodating. They go out of their way to show their appreciation for locals taking the time to drive up there in the off season.Special Features:
- Brit & Malissa earned ourpapajoeDined on 6/15/2012Brit & Malissa earned our praise! They made us feel right at home. Malissa had the right recommendations and the best humor. Food was outstanding! We'll be back for sure. Joe RiggsSpecial Features:
- Nice casual restaurant withAZRetireeVIPDined on 6/1/2012Nice casual restaurant with good service and view. Wish there had been more on the menu that was not so spicy. Some people can't eat spicy food.Special Features:
- Setting was great, food wasGaryDined on 5/26/2012Setting was great, food was good, but 2 hours to eat was a bit extreme, we waited 15 minutes for our beverages and 30 minutes for our check.Special Features:
- BBQ Ribs, pulled pork & BurntLashVIPDined on 5/1/2012BBQ Ribs, pulled pork & Burnt Ends all outstanding. Best BBQ in Arizona!! Sides are equally good! Great service, plus view of golf course and mountains..Doesn't get any better than this!Special Features: