Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar
1580 Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92803Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/catal
- Phone: 7147744442x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Every Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steven Mary
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From our Rotunda room with a view to our semi-private outdoor terraces, Catal accommodates groups from 10 guests up to 330 seated or 500 reception style. Contact our special events and catering team at 714 776 4000 for more information and menus.
A word from Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar
Catal Restaurant is located in Downtown Disney, Anaheim. Catal, from the town of Catalonia in Spain, offers a complete menu of flavors inspired from the Mediterranean Rim. The menu features seafood, meats, pastas and salads with influence from France, Spain, Greece and Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (56)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (39)scenic view (39)romantic (26)kid-friendly (25)good for groups (22)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Good meal!DiningduoVIPDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed our meal and evening at Catal. Love sitting outside and looking over downtown Disney. Feels like we are on vacation. Tried the muscles, the stuffed peppers, and shared the barramundi special. All very good. Splurged on the strawberry rhubarb cobbler for dessert. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicescrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 9/13/2014Peter was our waiter, and did an excellent job. We appreciated his recommendations. Our only disappointment was having to pay a large parking fee for having "lingered" over our wine. Downtown Disney is not generous on their parking validation! In spite of having shopped and dined, they still nail you on extra parking fees, we both felt it was greedy of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fireworks!Table42Dined on 9/12/2014Great place to sit and enjoy good food and people watch! The only problem is getting into Downtown Disney and parking, especially if you have handicapped folks with you!Special Features:
- Excellent choiceTJtooDined on 9/1/2014A great meal, excellent service and tasty wine options. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Perfect pre-race dinnerRunnerMaryDined on 8/29/2014A group of 5 of us had dinner the night before the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. We were all doing the 10k the next morning, and were very appreciative that we could reserve a table and be seated on time. The food was tasty and high quality, and the presentation was excellent. There were also very healthy and clean options. The only downside was, since we were running early the next morning, we couldn't enjoy the bar menu, too! Next time!Special Features:
- Downtown Disney's BestragetsVIPDined on 8/24/2014What a wonderful experience we had. Nice Atmosphere. The food (Prime Rib and Rack of Lamb) was excellent. Great Wine Choices. But I must say, one of the best servers I've encountered in a long time. Tyler C. was our server. We'll ask for him every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated and excellent!PerpetuallyHungeryDined on 8/24/2014Reserved on line and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and service and high level of customer attention. A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will definitely come again!luvbugDined on 8/23/2014Fabulous setting and food, especially for a Disney establishment. Disney has really upped it's game, offering 4 star food in a classy and fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is always great.Josie1Dined on 8/18/2014We have been there many times. Fine dining at Disneyland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014First time here, the service and food was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014We had dinner here one night while at Disneyland. As with everything else at Disneyland, prices are not cheap - but that's not as much of an issue when the food is good and the service is better. We ate on the second floor terrace overlooking Downtown Disney and it was a busy summer night - so not exactly quiet and relaxing but the goes for every part of Disneyland when it's busy. Will definitely consider eating here again when next we make it to Disney.Special Features:
- A bit saltyFood4everDined on 8/15/2014While we were happy with our selections, we felt the food was very salt heavy. Even with out dietary restrictions in this regard, it would have been too salty. They were great in chomping our desert due to this. No problem with service or ambianceSpecial Features:
- A Happy AnniversaryMaxpappyDined on 8/3/2014What always impresses me time and time again are Catal's attention to detail. I didn't make any indication in my Open Table reservation that it was our anniversary, but when we arrived, Manager Valerie greeted us with open arms and best wishes for the celebration. However they knew, the fact that they opened with a glass of celebratory champagne was much appreciated. I had the New York Strip steak, my wife had the Paella. Both were delicious. We opened the meal with the generous Charcuterie plate, and the selections were fresh and delicious. It was amazing. We didn't order dessert, but it came anyway, in three different styles. As we waddled out, we knew we'd be back again soon. Thank you Valerie, and attentive server Taylor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at CatalOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014Catal is a great alternative to the food inside Disney. It feels both posh and kid-friendly, with a great view of downtown Disney. Nice cocktails and flavorful food that is not mass-produced. It is a real gem and always a joy to visit. (the cucumber-apple sorbet was a special delight this time - the flavors change daily).Special Features:
- catalog restaurant great staff2crazykidsDined on 7/26/2014Tyler our server was awesome great with the kids. My oldest even got too spend a few minutes talking with Exc. Chef Steven that made his day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot for food and fireworks!RammerDined on 7/19/2014Catal is probably the best quality food in Downtown Disney and has a great patio for getting the outdoor seating feel, along with a decent view of the nightly fireworks.Special Features:
- Wish I lived closer!lumpyaffectDined on 7/19/2014If I lived closer, I'd show up once a week or so...the food is excellent, the staff is great, and the Downtown Disney location is lots of fun...with a fireworks show every night at 9:25! Yippee!! Easily one of the best dining experiences my wife and I have had in a long time! I know I probably sound exuberant and cheerful and constantly complimentary, and possibly incapable of dishing out criticism when it is warranted..... not so. I would try to do descriptive justice to the meal we were served, but you really need to experience this for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice balcony seatinginconnueVIPDined on 7/17/2014Dining on the second story balcony makes for great people watching especially during dinner time. The goat cheese stuffed pepper appetizer was yummy. I had the pasta with lamb Bolognese which was quite good. My husband had the chicken paella which was quite disappointing. The chicken wasn't cooked with the paella, instead a piece of fried chicken was placed on top of a cast iron pan of spicy rice with sausage bits. The chicken risotto with asparagus was quite tasteless. The chicken was not cooked with the risotto and looked boiled with grill marks. I had a french white wine that was tasty. For how pricy the menu items were, we had expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place for CelebrationssbdormanDined on 7/12/2014Celebrated my daughter's birthday at Catal. We had a perfect view for the firework show. Our server Tyler C. never disappoints, he was very attentive to all of our needs and is beyond exceptional. His recommendations were perfect and the executive chef Steve is amazing, he out did himself with all of our dishes, from the appetizers (bacon wrapped dates, stuffed chorizo filled squid, Spanish tortilla frites) to the entrees (lobster paella, spaghettini pasta, lamb shank, macaroni with truffles and BBQ ribs) not to mention the special desserts which was a sampling of everything. So incredibly tasty my family felt very special and my daughter enjoyed her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detail was amazinglynnVIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband has a shellfish allergy (as indicated on the res) and not only did the hostess acknowledge it the chef came out to assure us he was aware! Great food also!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulas for special occasion!PurejoyDined on 7/12/2014Catal Restaurant is an excellent restaurant to take someone out for a romantic dinner. It's great for any special occasion with it's scenic view, and great for outdoor dining for groups too! Especially in the evening with Disneyland beautiful fireworks and the music in Down Town Disney! Food is delicious! The beef melts in your mouth and the bread pudding to die for. I give it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant in Downtown DisneyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2014We had dinner at Catal and were generally pleased. The menu has some really great things, but the appetizer list is pretty exotic which can make it hard for less adventurous eaters to find an appetizer. We tried the manchego salad and the corn soup. The soup was a daily special and was quite good. The manchego salad was fine. For entrees we tried the baby back ribs and the prime rib. The baby back ribs were excellent. They were basted with a tasty peanut sauce. The prime rib was tasty but VERY fatty. More than one-third of the prime rib was fat -- both on the outside as you would expect, but also in the middle of the piece of meat. Other than that, the meal was good. The view of Downtown Disney from the restaurant is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Firework viewmysteryfoodieVIPDined on 7/7/2014It was a romantic evening with my boyfriend. Made reservations in the morning for 8pm. We were seated immediately and had a nice spot on the balcony. The service was nice but the real beauty was in the food and ambience. It's just romantic being on top of Downtown Disney. We ordered the stuffed calamari which was delicious with the chimichurri sauce. Almost dipped our bread in this sauce. We also ordered the lamb Bolognese and chicken paella. The lamb Bolognese was delicious and melted in your mouth. The chicken was cooked to perfection. All in all. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spendy - but tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Had a super yummy sea bass, good bottle of wine and tasty stuffed paquillo peppers. Kids menu also had healthy and tasty options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot to watch fireworksZephyrsHumanVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was good, service was OK. Best part was sitting on balcony watching the fireworks.Special Features:
- Perfect Celebration Dinner!EngagementGroupDined on 6/27/2014My three friends and I had dinner at Catal to celebrate a birthday and an engagement at Disneyland just that morning!! First of all, our waiter was beyond amazing! We were seated inside, but requested a table outside & reseated just minutes later when a table was clear. The Mountain Door Malbec was delicious, and everyone agreed the Lamb Bolognese is life changing!! They view and atmosphere were better than we could have imagined. We had the best view of Disneyland's fireworks and completely enjoyed ourselves. Best dining experience ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was "okay"markVIPDined on 6/27/2014First of all, the service was above expectations. Tyler C made the experience great. The drinks were very good, the appetizers were very good (bacon wrapped dates and papas bravas) - although the potatoes lacked salt. The salads were very good (wedge and Caesar). The entrees, well, they was only okay. The lobster paella was dry, the lobster was overcooked, and the rice was slightly undercooked. The seasoning was too lite. The hangar steak was "okay" - to much fat, and undercooked - we chose not to send it back. Everything needed salt. We had a great evening, but for the price, not the greatest value. Will we be back? That's a definite maybe.Special Features:
- first visitscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 6/26/2014First visit, was a little confused as to which menu went to which restaurant, but we were pleased with the fine dining experience.We were seated on the upstairs patio/balcony and it was nice to be above the bustle of the Downtown Disney clientele. I had "market fish" which was halibut, and it was prepared well. Our party include a "'tween" who thought his hamburger was "the best ever" (hardly a connoisseur, but definitely a happy customer!). Our waiter, Peter, was exceptional. We shall try it again.Special Features:
- Gluten-free Menu!bookgroupVIPDined on 6/24/2014We had a great dinner here tonight. They also provided a gluten free menu for my daughter which made her feel very special. My son has a nut allergy and the manager personally brought his meal to the table to make sure that it was delivered properly.
- Tiger2VIPDined on 6/20/2014As is our usual practice, we started our trip to Disneyland with dinner on the evening of our arrival at Catal. The food was excellent and the service was courteous and prompt.Special Features:
- special occasionslotsofunDined on 6/19/2014We come to Catal for many special occasions. They are very accommodating, as my daughter is vegan and they make dishes that are not only fitting, they are beautiful and delicious. We always ask for Leah and she is friendly, professional, and takes great care of us.Special Features:
- Just okNinerGirlVIPDined on 6/17/2014Waitress was very nice and helpful. Loved the potato sticks on steroids. The rest of the food was ok nothing really great. I will probably choose somewhere else to eat.Special Features:
- Great place, food and co-workers.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Love this place. Great view of Disney fireworks. Food and drinks are wonderful. Co-workers know how to make you feel welcomed.Special Features:
- Nice place in downtown DisneyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014We sat outside, in the balcony, overlooking the crowds of downtown Disney. Food was excellent. Not that many tapas choices. For main I had the salmon which was quite good (with bean and broccoli rabe under). My husband had the chicken and the fideaux. He's the raving about the tenderness of the chicken. Service was quite good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saved my DisneylandBrandOfAmberVIPDined on 6/1/2014Let's face it, Disneyland doesn't have food for foodies. This place hit the spot and my girlfriend was very pleased. The only complaint I had was that service was on the slow side. It took us about 15 minutes to get seated and we had a reservation. When you are at Disneyland (and all restaurants in Downtown Disney should feel that they ARE in Disneyland) a restaurant should give high priority to it's patrons time. Time is limited, and those park tickets are expensive. That being said though, the food was perfect. The service was perfectly accurate and pleasant, and the atmosphere was nice. Try the Risotto!Special Features:
- Great get away in Downtown DisneyEscomomDined on 5/30/2014Saw reviews of this online and decided to try it. Made a reservation for prime time Friday night - got a balcony table- overlooking the sights and sounds of DD, but being up and away from it all was excellent. Varied menu, excellent service, good wine. Good night. Not cheap, but I have also seen worse.Special Features:
- food was greatglmnVIPDined on 5/25/2014Service was erratic. At times attentive at other times had to get up to track him down for other requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very. DisappointGuccaVIPDined on 5/24/2014The menu is poor if you sit in the Resturant outside the bar in downtown Disney is a diffrent menu and you cN find a lot but not inside the Resturant same kitchen totally diffrent items, very expensive and too small dishes. The waitress think you a tourist so they don't really care and even with reservation you end up waiting. We were still ungy with a large bill.
- The following 560 reviews are from the Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar reviews archive.
- Great foodJodiVIPDined on 5/20/2014Great way to end a busy day at Disneyland! Good food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- DeliciousBrunchLoverVIPDined on 5/17/2014What a wonderful find! Everything we had was so yummy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.