Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar
1580 Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92803Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/catal
- Phone: (714) 774-4442
- Hours of Operation:
Open Every Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steven Mary
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From our Rotunda room with a view to our semi-private outdoor terraces, Catal accommodates groups from 10 guests up to 330 seated or 500 reception style. Contact our special events and catering team at 714 776 4000 for more information and menus.
A word from Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar
Catal Restaurant is located in Downtown Disney, Anaheim. Catal, from the town of Catalonia in Spain, offers a complete menu of flavors inspired from the Mediterranean Rim. The menu features seafood, meats, pastas and salads with influence from France, Spain, Greece and Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (37)scenic view (33)good for groups (31)romantic (25)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (2)Show More
- When Visiting MickeyAldoDined on 11/24/2014When visiting Mickey and his posse, be sure to make a stop at Catal for a nice meal. Whether it be lunch or dinner, this restaurant has the perfect ambiance and delicious food to let you complete the Disney experience. Be sure to request a table outdoors as it overlooks the Uva Bar and part of Downtown Disney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after DisneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great atmosphere, great appetisers, great wine, great service, steak wasn't great unfortunately, but otherwise we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality in an area used to serving en massOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014We had reservations at 5 PM and arrive before they open. They were hospitable and allowed me to sit in the waiting area prior to being seated at our table. The food was quality in an area that is used to serving hordes of people. They offer a pasta option for people participating in the race the next daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Always enjoy my experiences at Disney's finest restaurant. Although the restaurant opened late (we were seated until 5:15) and kept waiting, everything after that was flawless. Service flowed nicely with Megan as our waitperson and each dish was nicely prepared. Overall, a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerNanaeatsDined on 11/8/2014We took my husband here for his 60th birthday. Everyone went out of their way to make his evening special. The manager treated us like friends, the waiter catered to us, the chef came out to greet us and the wine specialist helped us with our wines. The food was delicious and the atmosphere perfect. It was a birthday he will remember.Special Features:
- Good balconylverDined on 11/3/2014Overlooking at the courtyard in downtown Disney. Food was surprisingly good and service was excellent. Price was reasonable.Special Features:
- Good dinnerDoublePorkchopVIPDined on 10/31/2014I really like the menu at the Catal. Michael out waiter is great. We always ask for him. He is very knowledgeable about the menu and always gives the best tips on the specials.Special Features:
- Sedona Girl Loves CatalsedonagirllovesthisspotDined on 10/24/2014We were a group of 6 and sat on patio on a perfect balmy evening. 3 if us chose the barramundi which was cooked to perfection and others entres great too. We choose a Cuvasion Chardonnay that pared perfectly. Our patio view of the Catal Uva bar and lights of Downtown Disney enhanced the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a go-to when at DisneyHchazDined on 10/12/2014Whenever we stay at Disney, this is a must eat as the food is typically very good, you get a great view of downtown disney below and there aren't many somewhat "healthy" options at Disney. Service is always decent to good, food always good to great, good drink selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When near DisneylandOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014Salmon and scallops were wonderful. Great atmosphere, especially if you sit outside, which overlooks the busy Uva bar area of Downtown DisneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Josie TaylorJosie1Dined on 10/7/2014Always a favorite. Service and food is always good. Love to sit on balcony on these summer nightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014My daughter (23) and I enjoyed a great meal on Oct 2/14 at Catal. We sat upstairs on the deck, our server was fantastic. Everything she recommended was perfect. I had the prime rib, my daughter had the soup and a side of macaroni and cheese. I enjoyed the white berry Cosmo and we had some great sparkling wine, at the recommendation of our server. The view was great for people watching!Special Features:
- DeliciousdiscerningfoodieDined on 10/2/2014I'm a foodie and am VERY critical when it comes to food. This place was top notch. Absolutely delicious. AND, the very best thing I've ever seen, a GLUTEN-FREE menu. A version of their menu that included all the gluten free options. How cool is that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in Downtown DisneymauijanVIPDined on 10/2/2014We were very surprised to enjoy such a wonderful dinner in the tourist area of Downtown Disney. We had a lovely table overlooking the street and experienced very attentive and friendly service from our server, Leah. Our water glasses were kept full and Leah was very helpful at explaining the menu selections and specials of the evening. The prime rib was very tasty and prepared exactly to our preference and my husband enjoyed his risotto with chicken. We entertained an out-of-town family member and she loved both the food and the ambience. I'd recommend it for a nice dinner out or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Atep Up at Downtown DisneyBroadwayDined on 9/28/2014We've been to Catal several times and have never been disappointed. It lives up to expectations as part of the Patina Group. The food is both creative and excellently prepared. The presentation is very good. The service is attentive without being overdone. It's definitely a step up from the usual fare at Downtown Disney.Special Features:
- Great for a Relaxing DinneremcyDined on 9/27/2014This place is great when you are at disneyland and need to sit and relax. The food is great and the wine list is amazing. We eat here every time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal!DiningduoVIPDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed our meal and evening at Catal. Love sitting outside and looking over downtown Disney. Feels like we are on vacation. Tried the muscles, the stuffed peppers, and shared the barramundi special. All very good. Splurged on the strawberry rhubarb cobbler for dessert. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicescrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 9/13/2014Peter was our waiter, and did an excellent job. We appreciated his recommendations. Our only disappointment was having to pay a large parking fee for having "lingered" over our wine. Downtown Disney is not generous on their parking validation! In spite of having shopped and dined, they still nail you on extra parking fees, we both felt it was greedy of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fireworks!Table42Dined on 9/12/2014Great place to sit and enjoy good food and people watch! The only problem is getting into Downtown Disney and parking, especially if you have handicapped folks with you!Special Features:
- Nice evening meal at DisneylandEatieVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food was delicious the portions were small. I went here with my five adult kids and they were still hungry. Order one appetizer per person. The food was delicious but not enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceTJtooDined on 9/1/2014A great meal, excellent service and tasty wine options. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Perfect pre-race dinnerRunnerMaryDined on 8/29/2014A group of 5 of us had dinner the night before the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. We were all doing the 10k the next morning, and were very appreciative that we could reserve a table and be seated on time. The food was tasty and high quality, and the presentation was excellent. There were also very healthy and clean options. The only downside was, since we were running early the next morning, we couldn't enjoy the bar menu, too! Next time!Special Features:
- Downtown Disney's BestragetsVIPDined on 8/24/2014What a wonderful experience we had. Nice Atmosphere. The food (Prime Rib and Rack of Lamb) was excellent. Great Wine Choices. But I must say, one of the best servers I've encountered in a long time. Tyler C. was our server. We'll ask for him every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated and excellent!PerpetuallyHungeryDined on 8/24/2014Reserved on line and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and service and high level of customer attention. A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will definitely come again!luvbugDined on 8/23/2014Fabulous setting and food, especially for a Disney establishment. Disney has really upped it's game, offering 4 star food in a classy and fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is always great.Josie1Dined on 8/18/2014We have been there many times. Fine dining at Disneyland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014First time here, the service and food was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014We had dinner here one night while at Disneyland. As with everything else at Disneyland, prices are not cheap - but that's not as much of an issue when the food is good and the service is better. We ate on the second floor terrace overlooking Downtown Disney and it was a busy summer night - so not exactly quiet and relaxing but the goes for every part of Disneyland when it's busy. Will definitely consider eating here again when next we make it to Disney.Special Features:
- A bit saltyFood4everDined on 8/15/2014While we were happy with our selections, we felt the food was very salt heavy. Even with out dietary restrictions in this regard, it would have been too salty. They were great in chomping our desert due to this. No problem with service or ambianceSpecial Features:
- A Happy AnniversaryMaxpappyDined on 8/3/2014What always impresses me time and time again are Catal's attention to detail. I didn't make any indication in my Open Table reservation that it was our anniversary, but when we arrived, Manager Valerie greeted us with open arms and best wishes for the celebration. However they knew, the fact that they opened with a glass of celebratory champagne was much appreciated. I had the New York Strip steak, my wife had the Paella. Both were delicious. We opened the meal with the generous Charcuterie plate, and the selections were fresh and delicious. It was amazing. We didn't order dessert, but it came anyway, in three different styles. As we waddled out, we knew we'd be back again soon. Thank you Valerie, and attentive server Taylor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 586 reviews are from the Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar reviews archive.
- Another great meal at CatalDrFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Catal is a great alternative to the food inside Disney. It feels both posh and kid-friendly, with a great view of downtown Disney. Nice cocktails and flavorful food that is not mass-produced. It is a real gem and always a joy to visit. (the cucumber-apple sorbet was a special delight this time - the flavors change daily).Special Features:
- catalog restaurant great staff2crazykidsDined on 7/26/2014Tyler our server was awesome great with the kids. My oldest even got too spend a few minutes talking with Exc. Chef Steven that made his day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot for food and fireworks!RammerDined on 7/19/2014Catal is probably the best quality food in Downtown Disney and has a great patio for getting the outdoor seating feel, along with a decent view of the nightly fireworks.Special Features:
- Wish I lived closer!lumpyaffectDined on 7/19/2014If I lived closer, I'd show up once a week or so...the food is excellent, the staff is great, and the Downtown Disney location is lots of fun...with a fireworks show every night at 9:25! Yippee!! Easily one of the best dining experiences my wife and I have had in a long time! I know I probably sound exuberant and cheerful and constantly complimentary, and possibly incapable of dishing out criticism when it is warranted..... not so. I would try to do descriptive justice to the meal we were served, but you really need to experience this for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice balcony seatinginconnueVIPDined on 7/17/2014Dining on the second story balcony makes for great people watching especially during dinner time. The goat cheese stuffed pepper appetizer was yummy. I had the pasta with lamb Bolognese which was quite good. My husband had the chicken paella which was quite disappointing. The chicken wasn't cooked with the paella, instead a piece of fried chicken was placed on top of a cast iron pan of spicy rice with sausage bits. The chicken risotto with asparagus was quite tasteless. The chicken was not cooked with the risotto and looked boiled with grill marks. I had a french white wine that was tasty. For how pricy the menu items were, we had expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place for CelebrationssbdormanDined on 7/12/2014Celebrated my daughter's birthday at Catal. We had a perfect view for the firework show. Our server Tyler C. never disappoints, he was very attentive to all of our needs and is beyond exceptional. His recommendations were perfect and the executive chef Steve is amazing, he out did himself with all of our dishes, from the appetizers (bacon wrapped dates, stuffed chorizo filled squid, Spanish tortilla frites) to the entrees (lobster paella, spaghettini pasta, lamb shank, macaroni with truffles and BBQ ribs) not to mention the special desserts which was a sampling of everything. So incredibly tasty my family felt very special and my daughter enjoyed her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detail was amazinglynnVIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband has a shellfish allergy (as indicated on the res) and not only did the hostess acknowledge it the chef came out to assure us he was aware! Great food also!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulas for special occasion!PurejoyDined on 7/12/2014Catal Restaurant is an excellent restaurant to take someone out for a romantic dinner. It's great for any special occasion with it's scenic view, and great for outdoor dining for groups too! Especially in the evening with Disneyland beautiful fireworks and the music in Down Town Disney! Food is delicious! The beef melts in your mouth and the bread pudding to die for. I give it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant in Downtown DisneyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2014We had dinner at Catal and were generally pleased. The menu has some really great things, but the appetizer list is pretty exotic which can make it hard for less adventurous eaters to find an appetizer. We tried the manchego salad and the corn soup. The soup was a daily special and was quite good. The manchego salad was fine. For entrees we tried the baby back ribs and the prime rib. The baby back ribs were excellent. They were basted with a tasty peanut sauce. The prime rib was tasty but VERY fatty. More than one-third of the prime rib was fat -- both on the outside as you would expect, but also in the middle of the piece of meat. Other than that, the meal was good. The view of Downtown Disney from the restaurant is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Firework viewmysteryfoodieVIPDined on 7/7/2014It was a romantic evening with my boyfriend. Made reservations in the morning for 8pm. We were seated immediately and had a nice spot on the balcony. The service was nice but the real beauty was in the food and ambience. It's just romantic being on top of Downtown Disney. We ordered the stuffed calamari which was delicious with the chimichurri sauce. Almost dipped our bread in this sauce. We also ordered the lamb Bolognese and chicken paella. The lamb Bolognese was delicious and melted in your mouth. The chicken was cooked to perfection. All in all. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.