Castle Ranch Steakhouse
3300 S. Vista Ave
Boise, ID 83705Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Castle Ranch Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theboisehotel.com/
- Phone: 2089143952x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 11:00 am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30 am - 11:30 am
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dean Fuller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Castle Ranch Steakhouse
At our tasty restaurant in Boise, the Castle Ranch Steakhouse offers the best steaks in town. Located in the hotel’s lobby, Castle Ranch will tantalize your palate with Idaho's famous Double R Ranch beef. Come experience the best kept secret in Boise restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Castle Ranch Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- steaks were good....very noisykalakiDined on 10/25/2013steaks were good....very noisy w/ BSU game going on...Special Features:
- ExpensiveICStarsDined on 9/20/2013There was only 1 other guest when we arrived. Should have been our que. The food was very expensive but decent. This was not what we expected and were disappointed. Since we made a reserv. we stayed. There was a football game going on in the bar area which the crowd was loud and made the experience worse. We were not impressed and would not recommend this to anyone we know. Not worth the money we had to pay.
- Not what I expectedSLH621Dined on 6/14/2013I didn't see that the restaurant was inside a local hotel in the write up, so it was not really what I was hoping for in a restaurant. I am sure I didn't get my Open Table points, as it didn't appear the hostess knew what I was talking about. The food was ok, but I won't go back.
- JT's experienceJohnTDined on 5/23/2013I had been to Castle Ranch before, and wanted to see if it was still the great experience I had last time. It was my anniversary, and it was EVERYTHING I had remembered. World class steak, GREAT server, and a very reasonable price. I will DEFINATELY return. Thanks for making my anniversary a very memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!excamomDined on 5/11/2013The food was great, the service was great, and the prices were great. The only thing we found no so hot was the actual interior of the restaurant. We sat in a 1/2 booth (booth on one side, chairs on the other). The booth seats were very low while our guests in the chairs towered over us. We watched everyone that sat in the booth side made the same initial sound of "shock" when they sat down and it was so low. Because of the type of chairs at the "chair tables" and the low booth seat, it felt like we were in a hotel or golf coarse restaurant instead of a nice, stand alone place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hidden gem...FoodieDined on 5/11/2013Went here for Mothers day, and the food and service was excellent! I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCindyDined on 5/8/2013The service was great, but that is where great left off. Food was lukewarm And for our 360.00 ticket it is not worth the return. The salads were out of a bagged lettuce and only used iceberg and nothing else on top. Rolls were cold and sub par. Sorry to be so negative, but if I am going to spend the kind of money you are asking everything from service to food should be outstanding.
- Not as Good as it Used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2013Our first visit here was about a year ago and we loved it. However, this time it seems the quality of the food has taken a dive. We had a sirloin steak and a chicken fried steak. The sirloin was a bit tough and not very tasty. The chicken fried steak was like a schnitzel. This would have been great if I had ordered a schnitzel but I ordered a chicken fried steak. The salads that came with the entrees were very small and not like before. In my opinion this restaurant has gone down. Perhaps it is because where they are located and not enough business. I probably won't go back.
- Superb Easter BuffetsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Impressive and nicely presented Easter Buffet featuring local Idaho products. Great and attentive service made for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- This was a buffet. Food seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013This was a buffet. Food seemed to have been sitting there for a long time. Ham was dry and very very salty. Food was not very hot or even warm. Very disapointing. Not worth the price.
- Easter Brunch was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Easter Brunch was outstanding. Previous visit very good.Special Features:
- The Easter bruch was fantastic!!TNRSDined on 3/31/2013The Easter bruch was fantastic!! Friends from out of town loved it as well. Would definintely recommend.Special Features:
- It was awful. I had a 10:30OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013It was awful. I had a 10:30 reservation, at 10:50 we were still not seated and the place wasn't even full. The food was cold and the beverage service was spotty. I have attempted to contact the restaurant and they have not even replied. For the cost of this Easter brunch, I was quite disappointed.
- Seems to be on the decline.Shaka7Dined on 3/30/2013Seems to be on the decline. Menu has changed, not for the better. Have yet to see more than 1 or 2 other tables of diners. The place is always very empty.
- The food was surprisinglyAprils2centsDined on 7/7/2012The food was surprisingly very good. Our server did provide good service. The atmosphere was more like a coffee shop then that of an expensive steakhouse. For special occasions you want a little more pizazz in the design and furnishings. There was no music only silence.
- We enjoyed our dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2012We enjoyed our dining experience and especially recommend the strawberry shortcake. It was excellent!Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012We mistakenly made a reservation for a special wine-tasting dinner, but the staff graciously allowed us to leave and move next door to their sports bar. The kitchen and chef were the same and we each had a truly excellent filet mignon. The side dishes were very fine, as well. The staff continued their outstanding service throughout the meal.Special Features:
- My friends enjoyed the RibeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2012My friends enjoyed the Ribeye and the Filet Mingon. We tried there wine of the month with dinner and it was very good. For three people eating apps, salad, entree,dessert and wine it was a great value.Special Features:
- No complaints on the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012No complaints on the food - it was very good. What we didn't like was that it was a Friday evening (6:30 reservation) and we were the only couple in the entire restaurant - I mean the ONLY couple. The greater asked if we had reservations (we did but what did it matter) and then somewhat chastised us for being early (5 minutes). The food was great - if this restaurant was in a better location it would be a hit!
- pass on this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The ambiance is very strange--it's at the old Holiday Inn on Vista--they haven't changed the decor much, and there were children running by in their wet bathing suits. The music was very quiet, and coming from the bar next door-so not exactly the fine dining type. There was apparently one waitress for 15 tables, our water glasses were empty almost the entire meal. There was very little flavor to the bison burger I ordered, and no sauce on the burger-just cheese, lettuce and tomato. The homemade fries were fair, but too little salt. In general, I would not recommend this restaruant unless you are 80+ with very poor eyesight and diminished taste buds.
- Great Steaks; mediocre other stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2012The NY steak was absolutely amazing! It was cooked to perfection. Servers were great--attentive, friendly, and nice. I gave the food 3 stars because the accompaniments were mediocre, at best. The fries were soggy, the vegetables over-cooked, and the plates rather cool--it seemed like the fries and the vegetables had been sitting on the plate for awhile until the steak was done. The cocktails from the bar were overwhelmed by maraschino cherries and not very cold. The ambiance was odd, too. There was no background music and so we felt compelled to talk quietly since voices echoed in this rather larger and seemingly cavernous restaurant.In all, the steaks were perfect and tasted amazing. Other food/ restaurant areas need attention.
- Continuation of review...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2012I was at a trade show in Boise and had a booth next to a the The Boise Hotel. I noticed a sign they had for the Castle Ranch Steakhouse. Being a huge steak lover, especially a good ribeye or new york steak I asked the guy in the booth (Troy) how good the steaks were. I mentioned that I have had the best steaks at Chandlers, Barbacoas, and The Brick Yard, which are high end 5-star (pricey) restaurants. Troy immediately stated that they had THE BEST bone in ribeye I would ever have. I mentioned the other three restaurants here and without hesitation he stated the bone in ribeye at Castle Ranch was way better and he proceeded to explain why their meat was all natural, grain fed, from a local ranch See Private Note for remainder of review...