230 Pisgah Pike
Lexington, KY 40383Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecastlepost.com/
- Phone: (859) 879-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Chris Tinker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Full Bar, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The CastlePost is available as an upscale Event Venue with complimentary parking and an event coordinator to assist with your wedding or special event.
Indoor events may be held in the Castle’s elegant grand ballroom or exquisite formal dining room while our landscaped gardens offer the perfect place for outdoor events.
Just a few of the events that maybe booked at the Castle include…
Private Fund Raisers
Political Fund Raisers
and much more
- Private Party Contact: Chris Howley 8598791000
A word from Castle Post
Nestled in the spectacular landscape of the beautiful surrounding horse farms, CastlePost would like to welcome you to a luxury experience worthy of royalty. Whether you come for dinner, a private dinner party or a family wedding, your stay at the Castle will surely be one to remember.Continued
The CastlePost is now offering a grand dining experience nightly from our own executive chef.
The CastlePost is now offering a grand dining experience nightly from our own executive chef.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Castle Post reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
notable wine list (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great dining experienceKG1114Dined on 11/14/2014Great service & experience! Staff were very accomadating to my dietary needs. Food was great as well. The creme brulee dessert was the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely Memorable1connoisseurDined on 7/11/2014The Castle Post offers a romantic and enriching dining experience. It should be on all Kentuckians to do list. Take a camera, it is beautifully decorated. From the minute you arrive the staff treats you as their special quest; highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the Line DiningColBJDined on 6/27/2014This was our first visit to Castle Post located in a real medieval castle. We arrived a few minutes early and, although our table was ready, were asked if we would enjoy touring the house and grounds. I'm glad we took advantage of this as both the house itself and grounds were spectacular. The menu afforded limited choices but all looked excellent. The food was very tasty and the server fully attentive to our needs. We were not rushed and the background music added to the atmosphere of quiet opulence. I will recommend the Castle Post to all my friends for fine dining, special occasions, and group events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some badLlovesfoodDined on 6/27/2014Of course everyone wants to see inside the castle walls! I would say that is the biggest draw to dining there. The hostess at the front door was very friendly and offered to let us walk around and she took pictures for us. We enjoyed getting a drink and the bar and walking around to see all the various rooms. They brought us a small mushroom tart with goat cheese which was wonderful. I got the pork egg rolls which where a little chewy and had some globs of fat. My Halibut was raw inside and I had to send it back. The manager was very apologetic and I appreciated that. My fellow diners got the beef cheeks and loved them. They also got the cous cous salad with greens, blue cheese and a balsamic dressing which they enjoyed.Special Features:
- very dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014We had really looked forward to this dinner and could not be more disappointed. First we could not get the time we wanted and there were only 5 table occupied the whole time. Next the food was average for some of my party and bad for the rest, me included. No real Chef would send out the plate I had. If the restaurant was worth the price they could be booked solid with special occasions. It is pricey but would be worth it if the food was equal. Glad I got to go once but until someone else takes over the restaurant I will not go back or recommend it to anyone.
- Restaurant good- OPEN TABLE poorAlbaDined on 5/30/2014When I tried 3 different seating times on Open Table, it showed "nothing available for 2.5 hours around my request but the restaurant was completely open. This happened to me in San Clemente Ca. 3 months ago the only other time I tried to book with Open Table. I will try maybe once more to use Open Table but calling the restaurant seems much smarter.Special Features:
- Delightful eveningTrinaDined on 5/9/2014My husband has a fascination with castles so this was the perfect venue for celebrating a special occasion. The atmosphere is what you would expect in an oppulant setting. We were allowed to look around the different rooms & terraces before being seated which was fun. The food was very good overall, portion sizes quite generous. The menu (limited selections) is posted on the website. I was caught by surprise because they changed the menu the night before we came & I had the impression it was the menu for the month but we were very satisfied with our choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014My wife loved the yellow snapper. She said it was the best fish she has ever had and forced herself to finish it. I tried the elk because i am a hunter had have never tasted any. I could not taste the flavor of the meat because it was seasoned to much for my taste. Everything else was just fantastic.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's dinnerkychic0681Dined on 2/14/2014Went the evening of Valentine's Day. Although a little pricey, it was well worth it! The food was great and you can't beat unlimited champagne! Best dishes that day were the Quail Salad & Swordfish. They had a special menu, but it changes monthly anyway - so check online before making reservations. We walked around after dinner and took pictures (yes, we were those people). Neat experience all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor valentines day advertisingVALENTINESflopDined on 2/14/2014If displayed on the website, the price for the valentines day five course menu was not easy to find. I was expecting to pay the normal $65 dollars per person for the five course meal. Upon arrival we saw only one amount on the menu. We were told by our server the only option for valentines day was the five course meal at $100 per person. Even opting for the three course meal had been taken. Another couple also complained about the same thing. Because it would have been difficult to find another nice place to go at that point. Pretty disappointed with he food for that price. The decor was nice to look at, but service was also mediocre. Even the table candles were fake LED tlights that put off a cold, blue ambiance. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- The entire staff was veryDerbyDined on 10/11/2013The entire staff was very friendly and informative...........we enjoyed strolling around the area......dinner was wonderful.......it would be nice if you could just stop in there for a drink and not have to have a reservation for dinner....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EngagementCastlePostFanDined on 9/27/2013I surprised, my now fiance, with dinner here and she LOVED it. Well, we both did. CastlePost allows the customer to engage in a very intimate dinning experience. The customer service is excellent and allows for an overall great experience. Furthermore, CastlePost has this certain ambiance and serenity to it. In conclusion, there could not have been a better place to have asked my future wife to marry me.Special Features:
- AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 9/27/2013This was a gift to my wife for our anniversary. She wanted to see the Castle and she loves this type of environment. The Castle is beautiful and a wonderful spot for a special occasion. The food was very good and the quantity was almost perfect. There were not very many people in the ball room while we were dinning, but the service was a little slow. The pace of the food was fine, but water glasses and my wife’s soft drink glass were not kept filled. We had to request they be refilled. I knew the evening was going to be expensive and for a special occasion I am okay with spending extra money. However, I do believe price is a little higher than necessary. On a positive note the drink prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Wedding Anniversaryeat4funDined on 9/27/2013Castle Post is the perfect place for a memorable celebration such as a 50th wedding anniversary because it is so unique! Our experience was perfect in every way and I'd recommend it to anyone with something wonderful to celebrate!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere can't be beat!TOMKATVIPDined on 8/30/2013Atmosphere can't be beat! Most of the food was only average, was hoping for a better dining experience. Menu is very limited. Chocolate truffle tartelete was amazing though!
- Dining Like a ToffPaulinKYDined on 8/30/2013Enjoyed fine dining at Castle Post restaurant. Really plush interior and elegant dining experience. Great place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKentuckyEileenDined on 8/1/2013Our visit could not have been better. We had the rare opportunity to talk with Mr. Tom Post. What a gentleman. What an incredible host. Evening could not be beat.Special Features:
- Save Your Money!EmilioDined on 8/1/2013What a disappointment! Food was average in taste and small in proportion. Avocado and crab soup was tasteless. The two roasted lamb chops were lonely sitting atop a mash of too salty greens. When cheese sprinkled flatbread was served, we were told that we should not ask for more because they were running out of it. The crème brulee was runny and without flavor. We had to ask for coffee and when it came we had to ask for cream and sugar. Like the rest of the meal, it too was lukewarm. This birthday celebration dinner was nothing to recommend to our friends. No wonder there were only 6 people in the dining room during the first hour we were seated. They must have done better research than we did and avoided it altogether.Special Features:
- Had funcastlechipDined on 7/25/2013Had a great time although the time between couses was a bit long and I was slightly disappointed in the bland flavor of the rib eye buy the cantaloupe bisque and bread pudding were awesome !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was nicely preparedGailDined on 7/19/2013The food was nicely prepared & very good. Service was also prompt & courteous. No signs to direct a person where to park or even that there is a restaurant on the premises. Weeds everywhere & the place sort of seemed in disrepair. There are several patios which would be nice for outdoor dining except, of course, the view wouldn't be too great. An empty pool out back with the lining hanging loose. Not what you expect to see at a place where they demand premium prices.
- Well DonechtohaVIPDined on 6/15/2013Very nice evening. More like a private club experience. Go earl and enjoy the library, billiard room, bar, etc. just give your last name and any charges will be applied to your check. Very nice 5 course (7 total servings) dinner. Unique experience that makes for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.