Castle Peak Grille
0101 Fawcett Rd.
Avon, CO 81620Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Castle Peak Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.castlepeakgrille.com/
- Phone: (970) 748-4848
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Paula Turner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are happy to discuss any and all possibilities of catering your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room with a beautiful view for up to 40 people available
- Private Party Contact: Rob Sinclair 9707484848
A word from Castle Peak Grille
Castle Peak Grille is an American Bistro featuring elevated comfort foods, an attractively priced wine list, innovative cocktails and the coldest beer in the Vail Valley in a warm, relaxed and inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Castle Peak Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great group accommodations.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Service for a group of 10 was excellent! The waiter had personality and provided a great atmosphere. Every dish we ordered was top of the line delicious. The special was a lamb shank that was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2014Food not good. Service to match.Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the Castle Peak Grille reviews archive.
- Great Avon light comfort diningReedelVIPDined on 3/25/2014We went for lunch and almost turned around when we saw the location is a shopping center opposite Walmart, but we are so glad we stayed. The food was innovative, delicious and high on the comfort scale. The devilled eggs were great, the fried brie sticks w. blueberry compote were a succulent new twist on the traditional cheese sticks and the pork/shrimp wontons were fantastic with the soy honeydipping sauce. The highlight was the Buffalo Tempura Shrimp Po-Boy. The view of Vail valley was a nice surprise in spite of the Walmart. There seemed to be only one server on duty and she was spread too thin, but did her best and was very helpful. We cannot wait to return when the weather is warm enough to eat on their large view-patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.EventerDined on 3/11/2014Had no trouble obtaining a reservation the night before for 6 people at 7 PM the week of Spring Break... should have been my first clue. Restaurant was 3/4 empty upon arrival. Ordered Tuna Poke for appetizer which was fairly good. My daughter ordered a Ceasar Salad and she received a plate of chopped up romaine lettuce with what appeared to be Kraft powdered Parmesan all over it. No dressing. No croutons. When we inquired about dressing and croutons they informed us they were "out" of both. Steaks ordered were pathetic excuses for steak... overdone, thin and dry. Really disappointed with this place because it has the potential and location to be great. Will not return.
- Lived up to its great reviews!skithebeav14Dined on 1/18/2014I choose the Grill because it has outstanding reviews, for a family/friend dinner. Happy to say it totally lived up to reviews! We had a $35 bottle of wine that was outstanding (red blend), excellent Ahi Tuna meals, and a great special sirloin that came with a nice caesar salad for a very reasonable price. The fried brie appetizer also was outstanding. A group of seven people and everyone came away with great things to say. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food at a good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2013We were tired of paying Vail prices for dinner, so we took the 15 minute drive to Avon based on an ad in the paper for a $20 prime rib special on Fridays. Glad we did! Good food ar fair prices. Small restaurant, so i recommend a reservation. Not sure that helped. We still had long wait. Worth it.Special Features:
- Slow service and mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/27/2013Hilarious that there were few options for reservations -- restaurant not even closed to full. Service was very slow and the food not worth the wait.
- Where's the customercoolageVIPDined on 12/24/2013Our party of 6 had an 8PM rez. We arrived and were seated at a 'high' table (designed to seat 4). We asked about another table and were told none available…the empty ones we were looking at were 'reserved'. At the end of the meal, the host asked how things were. We discussed the table issue again and were told that these tables were reserved. How long do you hold a reservation for without a show up?
- locals Placelindag1Dined on 9/21/2013we recently moved to the area and have been working on our house a lot. At the end of the day we are too tired to cook so we head over to the Castle Peak. Its comfortable for all types of people. You can see guys coming in for a beer after work or couples on a date. The restaurant is large so you can be in the thick or in a corner for more privacy. The outdoor deck seems nice although we have been unable to use due to the rain but someday..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was surprising good.PlanetRVIPDined on 3/28/2013Food was surprising good. Temperature was uncomfortably cold, server turned said it was 60 degrees and turned it up. I think the place is all windows adds to the chilliness. Service was very good. Prices reasonable.
- They tried, but the wine wasChgofoodieVIPDined on 3/24/2013They tried, but the wine was overpriced, the food was just so so, and the place was COLD if you sat next to the window with outside breeze coming through.Special Features:
- Yum! Delicious lasagna specialNancyVIPDined on 3/14/2013Yum! Delicious lasagna special that was huge portions. The salads were fresh. The Gluten-Free pizza was a treat. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We had the tuna appetizerBarbaliciousDined on 2/26/2013We had the tuna appetizer which was a bit overpriced at $12, although it was tasty. We then shared a wedge salad which was huge. I didn't realize that it had cucumbers in it and the dressing seemed to be lacking a bit in the blue cheese. The shrimp pasta dish sounded delicious but was disappointing in any flavor other than garlic, although the shrimp were delicious and cooked perfectly. I had to put salt, pepper and parmesan on the rest of it to make it more appealing. The atmosphere was nice and the service was very good.Special Features:
- Loved the atmosphere but foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/26/2013Loved the atmosphere but food was okay. The fish tacos had a very spicy sauce my fiancé couldn't eat. The sandwiches were good but they put sweet potato fires with nuts and maple syrup on the same plate so bread was soaked. They are not clear on all the sauces on the food and they should be. Overall would try again but food not as good as atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good beers, great waitstaff,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Good beers, great waitstaff, great live music. Kitchen was slow a nd good was average.Special Features:
- If you don't try anythingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/9/2012If you don't try anything else, be sure to order the lobster and rocket pizza. It's fantastic!Special Features:
- Wow, how the mighty have fallenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/19/2012Frequented under prior ownership. Will never go again. Had 4 pizzas thweft ad one thing in common: all awful. Toppings tasteless, crust a poor substitute for cardboard. Hot appetizers came out cold after a long wait. Even Caesar salad a fail. Stay away.
- We've been looking for somewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/8/2012We've been looking for somewhere in our new hometown to replace Garrison's Broiler & Tap- Vinings in Atlanta. I think we just might have found it. The food is really good and not too complicated. We look forward to working our way through the menu!Special Features: