2 Padanaram Rd.
Danbury, CT 06811Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.castellorestaurantct.com/
- Phone: 2037433828x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Denny
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a room available for your special occasion, that can fit up to 150 people. Come in and check out one of our many private Tuscany style dinning rooms. We also offer set menus that work for almost any budget!
- Private Party Contact: Arbnor/Denny 2037433828x
A word from Castello
We at Castello look forward to giving our customers a taste of true Italian dining experience-without the expensive price. We like to do things a little differently than most restaurants in our area. That is why we offer table side services like our fresh made Cesar salad, our branzino deboned table side, and mouthwatering desserts like zabaglione or flambé. There’s no rush when you’re here, so come in, take a break from the hustle and bustle of Danbury, and enjoy a night out. Everything we offer is homemade & delicious, from our pastas, meats, seafood and desserts; it doesn’t get any fresher than at Castello. Nori and his staff are awaiting your visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Castello - Best Restaurants in Danbury ›
Castello reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice jobhard2pleaseDined on 8/23/2014Fresh food nicely prepared. Not rushed and excellent service. Made for a very enjoyable evening. Even the background music was a good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Owned Delicious ItalianBarry09VIPDined on 8/8/2014Very good service with excellent food . Wife had Branzino deboned table side I had chicken Costello Both excellent . Only problem was the night was very warm + so was temperature inside restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful findeaterouterVIPDined on 7/30/2014We recently found out about Castello when we dined at a sister restaurant in Mamaraneck, NY...Il Castello. Danbury is closer to home so we tried the restaurant and were very pleased. Service was wonderful, and the ambiance was very nice. Food was very good - the fresh oyster appetizer was delicious - fresh and very ample. The main courses were also delicious. We are looking forward to a return visit very soon. One suggestion - it would be helpful if customers were informed that there is a way into the restaurant without climbing stairs. I was not aware of this until we left, and wondered how handicapped people enter the restaurant. Otherwise, a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, lovely rooms.LICDinerDined on 7/13/2014Found ourselves in Danbury on a Sunday evening. Castello made a perfect end to a lovely weekend of visiting regional art museums and friends. The food was very good, the building itself was quite special but it was the owner's family that put it over the top. Attentive and engaging because they love what they do and what they have to offer. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Family Run ResturantLUV2EATOUTDined on 6/28/2014When you climb the stairs you enter a very nice restaurant run by a family that is very interested in providing a complete dining experience from beginning to end. The couple we were dining with was seated at the bar. A server picked up their drinks and escorted us to our table which was representative of the great service we received all evening. The food was excellent, timed very well and at no time did we feel rushed or did we feel like we waited too long for a course. In my experience this is the sign of good coordination between the wait staff and the kitchen. The portions were moderate, yet filling and as we eat often at Italian Restaurants, we can simply say that the food served here was top notch in flavor !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/20/2014The positive reviews posted on open table were all on the mark. Excellent food. The Branzino was the best I have had - it was like Dover Sole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food and serviceBillDined on 6/14/2014This is our 4th time here and every time the service is great and the food, especially the table side branzino, is super.Special Features:
- Pleasent surpriseFoodlover40VIPDined on 6/11/2014Went to a golf school in Carmel NY so we stayed in Danbury Ct. Had no idea where to eat so I went on Opentable. This restaurant looked interesting plus they were giving 1000 pts for dine on Wed night! It was GREAT. Most wonderful service. Food was great. I tried two specials, a arugula ,avacado and hearts of Palm salad and for main course , a Bronzino deboned in front of me! Mmmmm. My husband had a linguini with white clam sauce. The sauce was delicious and the pasta was perfectly cooked , al dente. While we were having our coffees, the owner graciously offered us an after-dinner drink on the house. I don't live close enough to frequent this place often..but I wish I did!Special Features:
- MaPaVIPDined on 6/7/2014Very pleasant---food was good, but not excellent---nice staff. Not many people there---but that made for a quiet, attentive dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Very enjoyable night out with my husband! Our waiter, Nori recommended we try the branzino, and we were pleased...delicious!!!! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JByrdiefromNantucket1Dined on 5/20/2014Great food, great for parties. Prices are good, not too expensive..... Staff was very attentive to us & we had a group of 6 ladies. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!!dentaldanVIPDined on 5/17/2014Delicious italian at a fair price. The marinara sauce that came with the fried calamari was the best I had outside of Brooklyn. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A findDavekDined on 5/16/2014Had not been to this restaurant for a few years. Turns out I should have been going far more often. Food was very good, service was excellent, and the tableside service (salad and deboning of fish) was a real treat.Special Features:
- The following 105 reviews are from the Castello reviews archive.
- Castellotkc5Dined on 4/11/2014In the area for a wedding. Gave it a shot based on OT Reviews. Wow! Food was top shelf down to the veggies. Caesar prepared at table side was one of the best we have ever had. Entrees were perfectly prepared. Service was friendly and largely family-owner dominated. Try it. You'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our overall experience hereJlmnDined on 3/28/2014Our overall experience here was great. The attention of the staff was outstanding. Although it was a young staff there attention to detail, knowledge, and service was outstanding. The food was pretty good as well, not great but very edible. The deserts were outstanding. The charm and decor of the restaurant made it very comfortable and warm. We would definitely suggest this place to family and friends and will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectluannVIPDined on 3/22/2014We were looking for a mid-point rendezvous with friends who live about two hours away. I looked on Open Table for restaurants in Danbury and Castello looked good. We were so happy, that we've decided to come back and make it our meeting and dinner point regularly! It was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like family!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2014Our expierence at Castello was fantastic! From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we felt like we were apart of the family. You can't the personable service that you get here, anywhere else in the area. Besides the service being phenomenal the food was delicious! Fillet stuffed with crab meat was my favorite!! Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in the area. Great food, great service & reasonably priced for the quality you get here!Special Features:
- Very enjoyableDinner42Dined on 2/21/2014The special menu of the evening was incredible. However, it would have been better to have it printed out as there were so many selections. And the check came as a bit of a surprise since, with tip, we crossed the $200 line. But in all fairness, we enjoyed apps, salad, entrees, dessert and cocktails for this special birthday. Very nice evening. Staff and service superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Castello is outstandingBarryDined on 1/14/2014The food at Castello is outstanding. I don't think I have had better pasta anywhere. It was simply perfect. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- I was unfamiliar with DanburyPeteDined on 1/8/2014I was unfamiliar with Danbury and chose this spot based on other OpenTable reviews. It exceeded my expectations with excellent service, fantastic Branzina, and an unrushed pace for the meal. Awesome cannolis as well....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal like in ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014From the appetizers to the dessert, everything was phenomenal. Very pleased with our choice! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday DinnerWinemakerVIPDined on 12/29/2013I had a nice dinner with my family and kids. The staff were very nice and attentive. The food is always tasty and everyone at the table enjoyed themselves. The oso bucco and the sole were good. It was raining hard, so the overhead parking was helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo CastelloOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013My party of 3 enjoyed our experience at this Danbury gem. We all had the Cesar salad made table side and we agreed that it was one of the best things we've ever eaten. Very satisfied with our choices of main course, veal chop special, branzino and wild mushroom ravioli. Servers were very polite and mindful. Can't wait for our next experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit Like HomeIbervilleDined on 11/17/2013Having grown up in New Orleans I'm used to eating at some of the world’s best restaurants. At Castello, the atmosphere is like a quaint villa in a small but well heeled town. The service is very pleasant and friendly and makes one feel right at home. The Menu has a great selection without reading like a book. The food is prepared with passion and just the right amount of flavor. Everything is made fresh. Order the Caesar salad for two if you want a treat. All in all, one of the best dining experiences to be found anywhere in Danbury. Warning: There are Italian restaurants that claim to be the best in the Tri-State area. You might want to test that claim by visiting Castello. I’m positive you’ll find a new Gem of Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was truly our pleasure!stephanieTDined on 10/26/2013Great place, with fabulous food & fantastic service that matches it all. We adore this place! We loved it our first time, and we love it just as much this time around. Hands down the best cesar salad I've ever had. If you're looking for real Italian food & experience-this is the place.Special Features:
- It was so cold we had a hardDonerite1Dined on 10/26/2013It was so cold we had a hard time getting through the meal. Waiter could not get the r.ight bottle of wine , did not pay much attention. Pasta was very good but not so much for the rest.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentStivVIPDined on 10/19/2013The experience dining at castello is always a pleasure with the tremendous service and accommodation .. The branzini fish is outstanding alone with ceaser salad . We always lock forward to next visit .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful eveningstephanieTDined on 10/19/2013Castello is always one of the few places that we look forward to dining at. Whether it be a special occasion, or just a date night. The clams with linguine are a true delight, as is the chicken Castello. The espresso martini—a sip of heaven, great way to end a long week of work. We always leave here feeling impressed with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itJohnDDined on 10/19/2013the attention to detail is superb. We love this place because they take their time with each of their guests. while making our table side cesar salad, our waiter was a comedian, kept us laughing as he was making the salad, which was delicious all 5 plates were wiped clean. Our main courses were just as good, maybe even better. its rare that you find a restaurant that offers services like Castello in the Danbury area so make this place a must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okTriciaDDined on 10/5/2013This region has many Italian restaurant s so the competition is a bit stiff. The entrees were just average and given that the menu was ala carte whereas most of the Italian restaurants include a salad with the meal, this one is higher priced than most. The staff attended to our table well, but in the end I'd give it an "average" kind of rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little piece of ItalyPhillyeatsDined on 10/1/2013We walked in the music from the Godfather and the Italian experience continued from ther with great food! Limited wine but I went for the food. I was not disappointed. We went on a Tuesday night so there were few people but everyone there was sitting back and enjoying the individual attention. If we are ever in Danbury area again we would make this a stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We didn't have high hopestablehopperVIPDined on 9/21/2013We didn't have high hopes on finding anything great in the area when we were visiting from NY, but were pleasantly surprised with Castello. We had a wonderful Caesar salad prepared table-side which we hadn't seen in a while, a nice veal chop and pasta special. Ambience is not the greatest but the service was attentive and very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EleganceSalisburyDined on 8/30/2013Excellent food. Excellent service. Quiet with lovely Italian decor. Wonderful crusty bread served with olives, cheese, and a buttery herb butter. My husband and I both had the Portabello Mushroom appetizer , which was so very flavorful, and Linguini with white clam sauce. Lots of tasty little neck clams and delicious and flavorful white clam sa uce. Going back to Costello's for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place in DanburyAiredaleVIPDined on 8/15/2013I was looking for a slightly upscale restaurant for a quiet weeknight date and found Castello. I initially hesitated making the reservation because I feel that sometimes the "1,000 point" nights for restaurants are thrown out there as incentives to make up for questionable food and/or inflated prices. Despite this, I made a reservation and hoped for the best (I had never been so much as by the place). We loved it. The building looks straight out of the 60's-70's. It's very well maintained, but old school. At one point, I think I heard the Godfather soundtrack. The service was great and the food was outstanding. There wasn't a thing I would change and it has become without question my favorite restaurant in the Danbury area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2013Catching up with old friends, we searched for a restaurant in the Danbury area which would be central for all of us to meet for dinner. Castello was recommended as an easy off highway location as well as being a neighborhood gem for years. The restaurant did not disappoint; atmosphere, food, and service were great. Waiters and staff were attentive; food was served at a very relaxing pace giving us time to relax and enjoy a pleasant evening. The four of us all ordered different main courses; shrimp scampi, linguine with clam sauce (attractively served with fresh steamed clams in the shell), filet of sole Florentine, and the house chicken dish called Chicken Castello; all prepared to perfection. We would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2013We were passing through Danbury and gave this place a try. Probably one of the best meals we have ever had (and we dine all over the world) The gnocchi was so light and tender. The veal chop done to perfection. A real Caesar salad maybe a little overdressed but what a dressing! it was delicious. All deserts made on premises. Mom bakes dad cooks -Sons in the front attending to customers. Great family feeling of pride and excellence in their business. The decor is a bit dated but with food and service this good.....who cares?Special Features:
- The decor made me feel asgschreibDined on 7/16/2013The decor made me feel as if I were in Italy. The service was very good. It did take a while to get our check. The cheese, Kalamata olives and breadsticks on the table were VERY good. My one son had penne vodka, which was a nice size porion and he said the sauce was the best he ever had. My husband had Calamari fra diablo, which he said was very good and a nice size portion. My other son ordered ravioli, the portion size was so small that I felt bad and gave him half of my dinner. I had the Veal saltimbocca, The portion size was very small. There were two small medallions of veal that were so thin they could only be dry,Special Features:
- Good food, s l o w serviceSliverDined on 6/22/2013The food (halibut, veal) was quite good, but we were disappointed with the service; while the servers were friendly and knowledgeable, the were not around very much and we had to flag them down. It seemed as if they were understaffed that night and it was not even busy when we got there. The food took a very long time to come out. Make sure to ask the prices of the specials! They were half again the cost of the entrees and therefore a bit pricey. Lesson learned. We'd heard good things about the place, but I don't think we'll go back any time soon.Special Features:
- A real caesar saladMahatskyDined on 6/8/2013tableside is the name of the game at this lovely italian find in connecticut. the caesar salad is as it should be, the deboning of fish is elegant and the flaming desserts are just fun. the food is well prepared--perfectly cooked fish and veggies. wines by the glass are limited. they could not have been any nicer, and the service was impeccable.
- Bon AppetitostephanieTDined on 5/23/2013I recommend this terrific restaurant to anyone who is looking to enjoy a delicious dinner, with loved ones at a warm, cozy place on any night of the week. I've been here many times before, because not only is the food superb, the service is just as great. They go out of there way to make your experience a memorable one, regardless of how many times you've been there. When you go to Castello, make a point of ordering their crab cakes if they offer them as a special of the evening, you wont be disappointed! If they don't have them then get the Cesar- as fresh as it gets. You cant go wrong with whatever you order there. Just like myself, you'll leave Castello feeling satisfied with both your meal and your experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.