Castello Ristorante - Fairmont Banff Springs
405 Spray Avenue
Banff, AB T1L1J4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Castello Ristorante - Fairmont Banff Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/banff-springs/dining/
- Phone: 4037626860x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday - Tuesday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: j.W. Foster
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate in style at Castello Ristorante in the Fairmont Banff Springs. Let the divine flavors of Italy whisk you away, while you and your guests enjoy exceptional service to make your special event one to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Pearce 8886415709
- Public Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff.
Fare is $2.00 per person.
The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: The hotel"s parking is located beside the Convention Center. It is a three-level roofed parkade with 415 parking spaces:
Self-parking: $25 CAD/night, with unlimited access
Valet service: $35 CAD/night, with unlimited access
Electric Vehicles - complimentary
The Fairmont Banff Springs along with Sun Country Highway Ltd, a manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations has installed Banff's first electric vehicle charging station, in the hotel's parkade.
A word from Castello Ristorante - Fairmont Banff Springs
Submerge yourself into the divine flavours of Italy at Castello Ristorante. Combine exquisite cuisine with an authentic atmosphere and you will see why so many guests favor this Italian Courtyard. Finish the evening off right with one of our delectable desserts and a sip of Limoncello.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Castello Ristorante - Fairmont Banff Springs - Best Restaurants in Banff ›
Castello Ristorante - Fairmont Banff Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)fit for foodies (12)romantic (8)notable wine list (8)scenic view (7)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Top locationEugene123Dined on 8/25/2014First time in Canada, and please, make no mistake to compare it with the USA! Very good food, quality service and great ambiance. To be honest: European style. Beautiful porpotions, quality instead of quantity, and that's a great compliment!Special Features:
- Best Italian by a long shotDine1Dined on 8/22/2014Not often can you combine great food and great service. Castello nailed it!Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodSpecialtreatDined on 8/21/2014We both had the Veal and it was amazing. Each mouthful was a delicious experience. I was impressed also by the beautiful presentation as well as how the flavours enhanced one another. Cooked to perfection. We also ordered special coffees which were the best I've ever had. Such attention to detail: the rim of the glass was dusted with cinnamon and brown sugar. The drink was presented on a saucer with a chocolate dipped biscotti and a cinnamon stick in the coffee for another added extra. It was a wonderful dinner experience that I won't soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I know I shouldn't expect anything from a hotel restaurant but at the Banff Springs there is little choice in such a small town. Food was really poor; waitress didn't even know how to pronouce italian food names! Really??
- OutstandingEnglishDined on 8/19/2014We were on vacation in Banff with another couple. We wanted that special memory of our stay in Banff. I suggested your Castello's Restaurant because I have eaten there in April this year. I am pleased to report that we had a marvelous experience. The Menu, wine, and service was outstanding. We would highly recommend this restaurant for that special and memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseDannyDined on 7/21/2014If you are looking for lots of variety this is not the restaurant for you. If you are looking for outstanding food cooked simply and to perfection this is the restaurant for you. The pasta is obviously home made. They do not make it swim in sauces or gravy. The wine list is also not large but all Italian and some real gems to choose from as perfect pairings. The garlic clove spread for the butter is superb. The Lemon Semifredo for dessert is a must!Special Features:
- Expected betterLJoanneDined on 7/14/2014We have eaten here before and enjoyed it so decided to try again. The service was great, friendly and efficient. The ambiance is elegant and fairly quiet. The wine list has a good selection. The menu is very limited but varied. We chose calamari to start. It was ok, not the best ever and the portion was small for the price. We both opted for the steak dinner. The sauce was tasty but a bit salty. The steak was tough and overcooked from the medium we asked for. I think steak is best left to a steak house! The best part of the meal was the bread, served with roasted garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. We expected better at the Banff Springs.Special Features:
- Great new menuTaniaDined on 7/2/2014Finally had a chance to try the new menu and ordered the Chicken Marsala and the Grilled Alberta Striploin. Amazing! Marsala sauce was wonderful with the exotic mushrooms and gnocchi. Striploin was really well done, moist too. And thanks for bringing back the GARLIC!!!Special Features:
- Nice dining...DiningProVIPDined on 6/20/2014Our reservations were honored on time although Castello Ristorante was very busy. The service was very good and attentive even with the wait staff constantly busy from pouring water, to discussing the menu, to taking orders, to pouring wine, etc. Paul was our waiter and seemed to be everywhere! The menu choices were varied and offered selections of Italian cuisine. The wine list was limited to Italian wines but still offered great choices. The food was very good however it was more salty than we felt necessary. The dining experience was good and we are glad we tried the Castello Ristorante, but we recommend you request no to low salt for your entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014The food was great but a touch pricy. This place is for a special occasion. Service was good, nice restaurant but again, pricy for a pasta dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miiss this onepinonranch1Dined on 6/6/2014The food was unacceptable. Ribeye steak instead of Florentine, as ordered. Did not have the wine we wanted. Meat was over cooked on one end and medium rare on the other. Ordered rare. Very pretentious and made no attempt to apologize.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2014If you are looking for a nice restaurant in Banff, I would suggest going elsewhere. I booked this online before arriving at Banff Springs Hotel, thinking that it would have a nice view and good food. However, the view was out onto a traffic circle. The ambiance felt like a cafeteria. The food was nothing special, especially considering the price.
- Real Italian2onholsDined on 6/2/2014Excellent food with great service. The restaurant is very pleasant to just sit in with plenty of space between the tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Castello Ristorante - excellent!CelebratingAnniversaryDined on 5/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Castello Ristorante at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. The service was outstanding!! Everyone from the front greeters who sat us, to the servers, and coffee servers, they were friendly, professional, happy to be there and glad we came to their restaurant . They made us feel welcome. The food was first class, from the appetizers, main dish and dessert. Our table was ready when we arrived and we were not rushed out for the next seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!CarolDined on 5/23/2014Never knew Spaghetti and Meatballs can blow me away like Castello's did. Everyone enjoyed their steaks, chicken, and especially those risotto balls, MUST TRY. You will not regret it.Special Features:
- Bring your appetite!BanffDinerDined on 5/18/2014Wonderfully personable service of an absolutely amazing meal. From appetizers to dessert (thankfully with enough space in between to truly welcome the next course), everything was a treat to the taste buds! My husband is still raving about his coffee at the end of the meal, something I've never heard him do before! The risotto balls were a creamy melt in your mouth delight and the halibut so firm and fresh. Make sure to leave room for dessert! We had the panna cotta and the bread pudding - both delightful. I can't say enough about the excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Castello Ristorante - Fairmont Banff Springs reviews archive.
- Elegant venue with amazing viewActionExpresDined on 5/3/2014An excellent choice for very special occasions. The view of the surrounding hotel and mountains is awesome, and the service is great. I took my wife there for our anniversary and they brought us a plate with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. The only downside are the high prices for the rather small portions of food. As I mentioned before, I would only recommend it for special occasions unless you're rich.Special Features:
- Good food but way over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014Food was good but not worth 40 for a steak. Gnocchi decent lamb was good still all way over priced for what you get. Meat was tender and sides were nothing special or what you normally get at a high end high priced restaurant. Service was good but lacked personality. Tables are very close to each other as well. Was good and a good experience but would not return to that restaurant when we return to Banff.Special Features:
- Little hideawayArleneDined on 4/26/2014Started with breaded risotto balls. Very crispy, light and tasty. Then tomato and buffalo cheese which was to salty with olive tampanade. Tomatoes were not quite ripe. Hubby had a Ceaser salad which was crisp but rather bland. Spaghetti and veal meatballs was tasty but not over the moon. Hubby had Osso bucco which was rich, very nice. Our server was pleasant. Scenery from the dining area was spectacular from wherever you sat.
- Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014Waiter was great ! Went out of his way to accommodate all our requests. Food was good! Meal was not rushed. Good timing for all courses. Portions were not oversize - just right so you could eat it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service5BlueDined on 3/22/2014The meal was good. The halibut was tasty and the seafood pasta was excellent. The service was outstanding. We dined with a young toddler who was unfortunately tired. The staff were accommodating, kind and supportive of our efforts to keep her entertained and calm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great service.DavidDined on 3/9/2014The Castello is very small and has a very warm atmosphere. My wife and I both enjoyed the experience overall, and our waiter was especially very helpful and attending to our needs without being overbearing. The salads we had were both very good as was the bread they served first. Our entrees were both very well made and our desserts were delicious. I have no complaints at all, but as this is one of the pricier options at the Fairmont Banff Springs, expect to walk away with a much lighter wallet than you were anticipating. We didn't even order wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enchanting eveningexquisiteDined on 2/22/2014Paul the waiter was very good at looking after us and explaining the menu, his recommendations were spot on. Food was very good, wine was good as well. As a spot in Banff this was right near the top. It is not quite as elegant as some of the finer Calgary spots. Very well worth the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in BanffFoodieCalgaryVIPDined on 1/25/2014This is one of our very favorite restaurants in Banff. The food is tasty, lots of well balanced flavours and the service is quite personalized. We'll be back.
- Banff Springs OutingStuBDined on 1/24/2014We have a small group that eats at Castello Restorante every year on our way to a skiing holiday. We have found the food, wine and ambience at the restaurant to be a of a consistently high quality. We enjoy the atmosphere of the Banff Spring and it is a pity that the other restaurants run as a buffet, rather than a la carte. We found the service this year to be exceptionally good and we had a delightful meal set off with some fine Italian wine. We will be back next year again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to amaze!TaniaDined on 1/3/2014Once again, Castello provided us with impeccable service and mouth watering food! I had the Vegetable Risotto and my husband had the Rib Eye Steak Fiorentine. The Vegetable Risotto had lots of vegetables (perfect for a vegetarian or vegan!) and was extremely flavourful. The Rib Eye steak was perfectly cooked and was complimented by the black truffle barolo sauce. We dined with our 2 kids, ages 9 and 4, and the menu is very kid friendly - with many more options than the standard chicken fingers and fries! Penne with bolognese sauce and fontina pizza for our kids and they loved it. To cap off the night, we had dark chocolate gelati as a special treat for our son's birthday. Nom nom nom, so rich and creamy. Can't wait for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years dinerJacquesDined on 12/31/2013service prefect timing nice presentation and friendly mountain serviceSpecial Features:
- Special OccasionNearAndFarDined on 12/28/2013We went Castello Ristorante to celebrate our anniversary as part of a weekend away. The food was very good but the pace was a little quick - we felt a little rushed. Lovely ambience and good price range.Special Features:
- Finer Dining located in BanffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2013Italian cuisine, above average price for smallish portion size ... we sat down at 6:00 p.m. and there were lots of screaming/crying kids ... service not as near attentive as we have had in the past ... just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would love to be able to sampleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Would love to be able to sample more choices. Maybe smaller sample size dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed everything at CastelloCBranderDined on 12/23/2013We enjoyed everything at Castello but the lights were too bright making the ambience a little lacking. It has a very open floor plan which makes the room feel less private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuisine, Service at It's BestWlmcdonaldDined on 12/14/2013Great menu, superior service. If you are dining here during the winter, you can access the Castello from inside the Banff Springs Hotel. However, ladies, bring a sweater or a shawl since it is cool inside because of 360 degree windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food , well presentedDiner1Dined on 12/8/2013Great Food , well presented , on time , we had a 3 year old who was little talkative , people around us seem to not like that at all we got the stares , at the end of our meal the restaurant was empty , my 3 year old touched the other table cutlery which was set -up - the waitress seem to be overly concerned with this... the manager was a pleasent man- touched our table.. Again great place to eat - but not with children..Special Features:
- Always outstanding!!!AussiechicDined on 12/6/2013Never disappoints..... Amazing food and superior service worth every cent! They catered to my gluten free husband for every course. Even a special touch to our dessert wishing us a Happy Anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good dining experience withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013A good dining experience with pleasant service, relatively intimate setting and small but interesting menu. Price is a bit on high side for the level of food but probably what one can expect at a resort restaurant. The wine selection is good but definitely is aimed at those with deep pockets. That said our waiter steered us to a modest priced option that worked well with the meal. Serving portions seemed oddly variable with one appetizer more than one could possible eat and another (mussels) on no the stingy side. Mains were the best of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service excellent.ZeekDined on 11/8/2013it was a very enjoyable dinning experience the food was wonderful. took a little long to get drinks though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive service - thisfoodluverVIPDined on 10/14/2013Very attentive service - this on its own, made the night feel special. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely going backFoodventuristVIPDined on 9/28/2013Food, ambiance and staff were all great at Castello. Don't have a single complaint, and the food was served and cooked to perfection. The Roasted garlic they bring to the table is also accompanied by a recipe card if you ask! Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Banff Springs CastelloOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2013This is a very small restaurant so must make res. very early! Wonderfully most intimate place I've been to with a full view of the mountains while you diine. Wait staff are terrific! Don't miss while in Banff.Special Features:
- Amazing Food! Beautiful andMGoodeyDined on 9/13/2013Amazing Food! Beautiful and delicious! Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.