73098 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.castellis.cc/
- Phone: 7607733365x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Altman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater wedding receptions, private parties, or any occasion.
- Entertainment: Nightly live piano/vocals with Patrick Tuzzolino or Joe Jaggi 6PM.
A word from Castelli's
Named by Zagat Survey America’s 1,000 top Italian restaurants.Enter the doors of Castelli’s and you’ll believe you have just stepped into a small bistro in romantic Tuscany.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Castelli's - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Castelli's reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (28)romantic (26)good for groups (18)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/27/2014Always great food and great service. Never disappointed when dining at Castelli`s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodGuinnDined on 9/26/2014We come out to Palm Desert about twice a year. First time we tried Castelli's due to prices for Italian. Husband enjoyed his seafood linguini with no criticism. My veal was o.k., better after a squeeze of lemon as the piccata sauce was not as lemony, piquant as I prefer. Dessert was best as I am not able to eat strawberries and our wonderful server, Tommy, was fast to tell us that making the Castelli's After Dark desert omitting the berries was no issue for the kitchen. Delicious in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials? Wine list?PK4REDined on 9/20/2014Never heard the specials. Overheard as I was paying bill...my favorite dish was one of them. Had to ask for wine list 3times.Special Features:
- Old style 60's ItalianMacbudDined on 9/18/2014Upscale with food that keeps the customers coming back. Definitely not the red check table cloth type Italian food. Moderate to pricey. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- DJluv2dineDJluv2dineDined on 9/17/2014As always we love Castelli's. Food was delicious. Service was Great! They made our Anniversary memorable.Special Features:
- carolynDined on 9/17/2014We were very impressed with our dinning experience. The service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Personal ReviewjvesDined on 9/14/2014My 3rd time at Castelli's. Food/service has been excellant every time! During Desert high season, noise level is high(for me),so I prefer front seating and Castelli's has always accommodated me(us). The only negative comment I have is Castelli's did not have Pellegrino water last time. I think the Pelligrino bottle appears a bit more Italian on the table....after all, presentation is part of the experience. Just a minor point. Keep up the great food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rat Pack ReduxGauntessVIPDined on 9/13/2014This place is old school at it's very best! When you do it really well you stand the test of time and Castelli's clearly does that. Service was impeccable, food was very ample and deliciously presented. We celebrated a 40th Birthday and ordered communally: Appetizer platter for two was enormous and delightful. Calamari was crisply delicious, but our favorite was the grilled baby artichokes. The Godfather platter was the best of all worlds; Scampi, Veal Picatta, and Tenderloin along side of vegetable medley and pasta. It was beautifully split to allow us to also order the Tortellini which was fabulous and consumed to the last morsel. Birthday Girl received her own Spumoni Cake and we all vowed we would be back next trip to the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellent serviceRegularDinerDined on 9/9/2014We had our anniversary dinner here and were very happy with our choice. We sat in the "outdoor" area, which is an enclosed area in the front. It was quiet enough so we could talk without shouting. The wait staff was very pleasant. We both had different veal dishes from the regular menu and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Castelli's is always a treat for my wife and I when visiting Palm Desert. The garlic bread is superb, so good you have to remember to not get too full before the arrival of the entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to DescribeMaroisronVIPDined on 9/6/2014There are few eating establishments that can stand the comparison to Castelli's. We had a flash flood situation this most recent visit and there was the challenge of power surges. Mike was having a ball chatting up the customers. Ron was pulling his hair getting the servers up and running. I mention this as it wads the perfect case of how a professional team handles adversity. The food was as usual outstanding and the service was impeccable. Don't miss this gem.Special Features:
- We love Castelli's!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Service and Food is always outstanding. We have been coming here for years and are never disappointed. Our favorites include the Shrimp Dijon and Pork Chop. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great DinnerVolunteer4GolfVIPDined on 8/31/2014A friend told us about Castelli's and the famous garlic rolls, so we had to try it out. Great recommendation, great garlic rolls, great food (pasta) and service. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Old School Italianmbkid88Dined on 8/31/2014Has as old school ambience but not over the top or "nasty", they also had a person signing and playing the piano... price is kind of on the higher side but worth a visit at least once. The serving staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Since the serving size was quite large, he suggested a split order for our two boys, which was perfect for them. Top marks for service and food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!gus1216VIPDined on 8/30/2014John and Michael continue to do a great job. The best veal chop ever and the pork chops are suberb. Service is realxed and friendly. A good locals place!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2014We come to this area once a year for golf and Castelli's is a must. Great food. Great service. Great drinks. I recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodCarolynDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I stopped in on a warm Wednesday evening and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Castelli's. I couldn't decide between 2 dishes so the waiter recommended having half of each. Both were wonderful. The bread was warm and tasty and I know next time I am in Palm Springs I will go there again.Special Features:
- Tired but trueNaranjaVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food is good, service is good, but it's tired. You can only stand on your laurels for so long before they just get old.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodSandPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent from garlic bread to lobster ravioli to caramel cheesecake with berries dessert. Service was spot on, helpful and cheerfully friendly. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOjaiorangeDined on 6/25/2014We had read such wonderful things about the food at this restaurant. We were pleased with the service, being greeted at the door and the waiter was efficient, friendly and explained the menu items well. The food however did not live up to the descriptions. The veal was tough and leathery, the sauces all tasted the same. My partner had the cannelloni, which was smothered in a heavy red sauce, could not even taste what should be a delicate pasta with a nice light filling. No on really asked during dinner if everything was ok, the owner asked as we were walking out the door. Did not get into the bar, we were seated on the covered patio in the front, but did hear some very nice piano music being played during dinner from the bar area.Special Features:
- CASTELLIdegostallionVIPDined on 6/21/2014Old school desert restaurant. If you close your eye's I am sure you could imagine the brat pack in the bar there. The food and service was very good....If you like Italian you will like Castelli'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexisAlexisDined on 6/18/2014When new to the valley we happened to walk in to Casterri's and it was love at first bite. Thank you for your continued excellence in fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exceptional dining expierence!FriendsfromWyomingDined on 6/15/2014I would highley recomend Cestelli's to family and friends. The food, wine, service, and ambience were exceptional. Everyone from the Host, to Waiter, Servers, and Staff treated my wife and I like royalty! Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time not the last timegrouchoarnVIPDined on 6/14/2014Last Saturday we enjoyed a completely enjoyable experience at Castelli's. The food was some of the best we have enjoyed in the Desert area or all of Southern California. We were seated on time and with a friendly greeting. The menu is old school Italian...a good thing. The cheese bread was the best. The Godfather selection was incredible. The service was top-notch. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Way too noisy/food averageChrisrmVIPDined on 6/14/2014None of our party of 7 thought their food was anything but ordinary. We arrived at 7:30 and they were out of the special, Osso Buco, and also the ribeye steak with gorgonzola from the menu. How can they be out of the special and steak at 7:30 on Saturday night in the summer season? Very disappointing.
- BobJBobJVIPDined on 6/14/2014The pasta was good… my complaint is I requested the addition of the Italian sausage and if I got a half of sausage it was a lot! It was cut up in such small pieces I could not tell it was part of the dish… The worst part is I was charged an additional $7.50! An exorbitant price for such a small amount! My wife ordered the chicken that was not very good... Dry and tasteless... The resturant was very crowded even in the off-season but you couldn't tell by the prices… One of the most expensive Italian restaurants that I've gone to in the area!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLove2dineVIPDined on 6/13/2014Loved it food is great, service was great, and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Springs Restaurant WeekBubbieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Went to Castelli's for Restaurant Week on Sat. Night. And it was a great choice. The food was excellent and plentiful! The waiter who has been working there for 11 years was also excellent and made our dining a perfect experience. We had the veal piccata for main course and my husband and I split a Ceasar Salad and Canoloni for a first course. The Canoloni was really wonderful and the Cesar Salad was a good salad but nothing special. The veal was great and such a big portion we could have split one dinner! The Desert, Spumoni ice cream pie was as they say "to die for" if you like Spumoni! We sat in the back room which was very quiet. The main dining room was noisy and there was a Bar Scene. The front enclosed patio would be my last choiceSpecial Features:
- Food not up to parboblVIPDined on 6/7/2014Ordered their thick veal chop (which I believe was $48) but it had a large piece of grizzle in the center, They did offer to take it back and provide another one but we were running late for the theater. They comped us with a sliver of ice cream pie and the side order of spinach when they should have taken the veal chop off of the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals FavoriteFoodFanDined on 6/6/2014I've been coming here for more than 10 years as a local and the food is absolutely fantastic. The place is very welcoming and we love eating here. Love the chicken dish they offer and the pork chops are one of many guests favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Great ServiceBGinPSDined on 6/6/2014The food is good - we had the pork chops and veal picatta. The service is excellent. A little pricey.Special Features:
- Over the top?GaryDined on 6/4/2014Yes. No doubt about it, however it never fails to satisfy and surprise. The satisfaction comes from the quality of the food and the surprise is that all of the staff are real with no pretense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Castelli's reviews archive.