73098 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.castellis.cc/
- Phone: (760) 773-3365
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Altman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater wedding receptions, private parties, or any occasion.
- Entertainment: Nightly live piano/vocals with Patrick Tuzzolino or Joe Jaggi 6PM.
A word from Castelli's
Named by Zagat Survey America’s 1,000 top Italian restaurants.Enter the doors of Castelli’s and you’ll believe you have just stepped into a small bistro in romantic Tuscany.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Castelli's - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Castelli's reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)special occasion (59)fit for foodies (50)romantic (39)notable wine list (33)good for groups (30)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good, butFussydinerVIPDined on 11/26/2014Overall everything was good. My Italian guest said the pasta side was 'mushy' however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- house specialty !!Striper9Dined on 11/22/2014I have to say if you like pork chops order them here. they are fantastic and most people will take some home. great service,great food !!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotmjjglDined on 11/21/2014the hostess did not reserve the table we requested but the owner came over and gave us the table we had asked for in our reservation, we had a fun evening with great food, splendid garlic toast! excellent service and a fine italian restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DiningPatsyDined on 11/21/2014The atmosphere is great, treated like family, and the food is beyond amazing. They are extemely accommodating. If you have a hard time choosing between pastas and risotto, they just bring you a serving of both as your main meal. Garlic bread is out of this world, don't miss the bruschetta, and definitely never miss the tiramisu .... it's outstadning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food matched by the servicebrayne14Dined on 11/20/2014We visit Palm Desert once a year. Castelli's will now be on our list of "Must Repeat." All food was amazing and the service provided by Miguel was memorable. Simply cannot go wrong. I have been disappointed by the tiramisu at many high end Italian restaurants, but not at Castelli's; it was superb. I would recommend to anyone in the Palm Desert area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, menu, overall servicejmzcDined on 11/17/2014Great food and menu. Very attentive wait staff. The bar/main area has a boisterous atmosphere, and there were a lot of groups at Castelli's on the Monday night we were there in our own group, but we had no trouble hearing each other where we sat in the back room. We go to Castelli's at least once every year when we're in the area and have brought our friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014Furst time we have been disappointed ,we had 2 different pasta dishes,had very little pasta and smothered in tomatoes,and not much favor Scollops tasted like they sautéed in burnt butter. Salmon was good,as the garlic breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2014This is probably is one of the best restaurants in Palm Springs area. It is certainly the best Italian restaurant. The food was fantastic and the wait staff excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place in the DesertShariVIPDined on 11/15/2014Castelli's has great food and service! Tommy was professional, attentive and FUN! We love sitting in the bar area - lots of great people watching! We've never had a bad meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Went with a friend for dinner and dined at the bar on a weekend. Great service from the two bartenders, good mixed crowd of mostly couples, a few singles. Nice vibe, reminded me of some of the Italian restaurants in North Beach, San Francisco. We'll definitely go back, had a great time. The pasta is amazing, osso bucco very good, hearty servings. I might tweak the lighting in the dining area a bit, but really no complaints about this restaurant and I recommend trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italianronniem1971VIPDined on 11/14/2014We are both veal lovers and Castelli's is a must for that. We shared escargot appetizer (delicious) and we each had a veal dinner.. Piccata for John & Marsala for me. We indulged in two desserts, Spumoni ice cream pie for John and tiramisu for me. Our waiter (Roberto, charming and very accommodating) told us that the pastry chef at Castelli's has been making their tiramisu there 20+ years and that it was excellent. He wasn't kidding. The chef makes it w/Kahlua (not rum). It was quite honestly one of THE very best tiramisu desserts I have ever had, and I've had a few! There's live entertainment in the bar/lounge (we sat outside in the enclosed front patio area) and enjoyed the piano player immensely. The only reason I didn't add "romantic" in descriptions above was that this outside area is not particularly "romantic" .. next time we are going to request being seated in restaurant proper because from the looks of it, it does indeed look quite romantically retro. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eby3VIPDined on 11/14/2014We were seated as requested and after a beautiful wine, we enjoyed the Salmon, which was done to perfection!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/12/2014Our first visit was in 1989 and we keep coming back. This restaurant is a throwback to another time. Food is always good with excellent service. The restaurant is under the guidance of Michael and his brother John and run the good old Italian way. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014food disappointing, veal tough, pasta not hot felt rushed through the whole dining process
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014This restaurant is my favourite in the desert, the food and service is the best
- Still Great!tonyDined on 11/9/2014WE go to Castelli's every time we are in Palm Desert area. It always delivers a wonderful evening dinner. The service is superb, the food is authentic and delicious and it comes from the kitchen hot and quite fast for such a busy restaurant. Their garlic bread is second to none and listening to the piano man play the old standards make the ambiance just right. Do yourself a favor, make this place one of your night's out.Special Features:
- Delicious!!DineforfunDined on 11/9/2014We ate here tonight because of the great reviews we read. This restaurant is excellent! Everything from the garlic bread to the desserts was excellent. The quality of the food was superb and the service was top notch. I had the lobster ravioli and each delicious pillow was stuffed with succulent shredded lobster. My husband had veal piccata and it was tender and bursting with flavor. The cocktails are handmade and they poor a generous shot. If you love Italian food you must try this restaurant, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Go for the experience...Sewit12Dined on 11/9/2014Castelli's is a long time restaurant.....26 years in business. In that time, I doubt they have changed much. The decor looks 26, the menu appears to be 26. However, these are not negatives...this is a fun restaurant if you want a bit of a blast from the past. The food is very good, with a very extensive menu. I had the special swordfish, cooked perfectly. Others had chicken and veal and all said they were very tasty. Tiramisu was a lovely ending. The restaurant was very busy the evenng we were there, so service was a little slow, and not as attentive as our first experience there. Good food, great martinis, to die for garlic bread, good service. Just go.
- great foodwolfmanDined on 11/8/2014food was fantastic and plentiful definitely one you'd want tp return to.Special Features:
- Ode to FrankRedbullDined on 11/7/2014Great place, frank Sinatra still walks around, heard him sing!! Food is wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014my wife & i hadn't been to this restaurant for about 8 years. the service was excellent. our waiter was tommy. he and the bus staff gave us wonderful, very attentive service. the food was wonderful. we hope to be back soon.Special Features:
- Gem in the desertBregaDined on 11/5/2014We have never been disappointed at Castelli's...food, wine, service, ambience is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow down!GrrrrrrrrlfVIPDined on 11/4/2014This is a very nice restaurant to dine in for Italian food, but the service was very rushed. The second I sat down, the server wanted to know what I wanted to drink, and I indicated that I need to think about it, and to please come back. He did not return until it was rime to order dinner. They started clearing plates before our friend finished his meal, and I stopped them from doing that. The entire pacing felt rushed for what should have been a relaxing evening with friends. The cuisine was fine...no complaints there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobbiDined on 11/1/2014They seated us promptly --kept the table we requested open since we have a service dog-no waiting even though we were early. Accomodated us with a dish that was not on the menu but used to be. Service excellent/ wine was cold as should be/ and the food was hot. Followed up with evaluations on if we needed anything and except for the fact that was not free, we had an excellent time and would go back. The piano in the background made for a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodcamapperDined on 11/1/2014The bar is populated with locals and visitors. The food was very good and the piano bar music made for a great evening out.Special Features:
- Classic. Authentic. Memorable.Cantwait2returnVIPDined on 11/1/2014We travel to the Palm Springs area a couple times a year. This trip we decided to check out Castelli's, & it was most definitely somewhere we'll be returning. We had our kids (ages 8, 10, 11) with us, & the service was exceptional. The staff was kind enough to do half orders for the kids, & provided our entire party of 7 with exceptional service. We loved The Trio appetizer & my parents commented the calamari was the best they'd ever had. Dinner brought orders of Lamb Chops (okay), Signature Pork Chops (AMAZING! & huge!), Cannelloni (my 'eats like a bird' mom devoured it!), & Veal Parmesan (WONDERFUL!). For dessert we tried the Castelli's After Dark (my favorite!), Tiramisu, & Creme Brulee. All were fantastic! We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Never dissapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014One of the best restaurants in the coachella valley. We have been visiting the desert for the last 25 years and have seen a lot of restaurants come and go. This restaurant has been around this long for a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & Great ServiceTemeculaDined on 10/31/2014Took my husband to his "Favorite" restaurant for his birthday. Mark was our waiter, (whom we have had 4 or 5 times) and he is the best! He took great care of us. We have always loved this restaurant with a large group or intimate with my husband & I. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pasta!rccalgaryDined on 10/31/2014Absolutely love the cannelloni here as well as the tortellini. Can never decide which one to pick! Always try to eat at Castelli's at least once or twice when we are here for a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of food and serviceSmalleaterDined on 10/30/2014The food was excellent, but I had enough to feed 6 people. We took it home and had a full meal the next day, but if we were travelling, it would have been a waste. The wait staff was very attentive and fun. Prices a little high, but considering the quantity and quality the price was justified. Some smaller plates at a little lower cost may be popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinining experienceThorneycroft61Dined on 10/29/2014Castelli's is our favorite Restaurant in the Palm Springs area. We love the ambiance, and the experienced staff. Live music from the bar plays Frank Sinatra tunes. The food is delicious and reminds me of my Grandmothers home cooking. We always have a great time and a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian RestfooddivaDined on 10/25/2014This is one of the best places if you want to be sure you will get a great meal every time you go..I always take out of town visitors here and they are always impressed by the quality of the food, and you will never leave hungry. My favorite is a dish I have NEVER seen on any other menu, a full chicken breast smothered in fruit..I know, sounds strange but simply fabulous.. and their legendary pork chops are out of this world. The best Tiramisu you will ever eat and the Coffee Romano is just heavenly, a must have at the end of your meal..This is a place where locals go, I have been going here for 14 yrs and and have never had a bad meal or service...very friendly waiter staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014You will not find a better Italian restaurant than this one! The food is fabulous, the wait staff outstanding - attentive, friendly and experienced. We have eaten here 4 times, taken friends twice and have never been disappointed! make a reservation as it books up quickly!Special Features:
- Stepping into ItalyoutoftownerVIPDined on 10/17/2014We went to Castelli's during a recent vacation and could not have been more delighted that we did! The evening was complete with very authentic, delicious Italian food and wine (comparable to what we have had IN Italy), attentive and personal service, and romantic, nostalgic live music that brought Frank Sinatra to mind. We have traveled quite a bit and thoroughly enjoy eating out at new restaurants. But for all the reasons I mention, we would put Castelli's among the top memorable restaurants we have come across in the U.S. It earns its Zagat's rating.Special Features:
- Great restaurant !!SirEatzalotDined on 10/15/2014Absolutely fantastic dinner for all 6 of us !! Steaks done to perfection ! Osso Bucco, melt in your mouth ! Fantastic wine list and wonderful table service by all members of staff !!Special Features:
- amazing foodeshepVIPDined on 10/11/2014Walking in, they had a great piano singer that sounds very similar to Sinatra. That set the mood. The staff was super attentive, not just one waiter per table. And they're so accommodating! We had the escargot, so good, and half an order of the bruschetta, so so good! Great flavors & fresh, perfect way to start. And they came out so quickly! Dinner was wonderful also. We had the veal parmesan and a half order of both the cannelloni and linguine bolognese with a meatball. Wow, I wish I could have this everyday! The meatball was the best, better we thought than our italian grandmother's homemade meatballs. The sauce on the bolognese was amazing, loved every bite. We aren't from Palm Desert but we'll come back here when we visit!Special Features:
- Great Italian Food in the DesertHomecook100VIPDined on 10/10/2014This place is an local institution. We try to come here at least once during any visit to the Palm Desert Area. Everything on the menu is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebebration !Lilmissie1Dined on 10/10/2014With our Open Table Reservation, we were seated immediately. No need to verbally tell them why we were celebration, it was already noted on the reservation comments when I made the reservations. Enjoyed a bottle of champagne, excellent dinner and wonderful service. Complimentry Birthday cake made it a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Eatery in the ValleyORdinnerVIPDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I have been vacationing in Indian Wells for the past six years and Castelli's is a must at least once. We were not disappointed this year as the food was great. I had the veal parm which was tender and cooked just right , a side of penne ( oil & garlic ) My wife had the shrimpcampi ( half order which was also done to perfection. We had the Caesar salad which was crisp and delicious. We decided to eat at the bar and was served by Greg who treated us like regulars. Dinner was so good that we returned there for our final dinner before heading back to NYC. You have to have the garlic bread. WE'LL BE BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No WordsMikendesiDined on 10/7/2014They were recommended by our hotel. We were blown away. It doesn't look like much from outside, but don't let that fool you. Classic Italian at its finest. My only regret is that I live so far away.Special Features: