Castano's Italian Steakhouse
4926 Highway 17 South
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582Neighborhood:
North Myrtle Beach
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Castano's Italian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.castanosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (843) 361-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Edward Shuttleworth
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant offers private dining rooms where you can hold your party. With a full private bar servicing your party, start off with a pre-reception on our patio, followed by a sit down dinner in your own function room equipped with its own sound and video system. Call our staff so that we can plan all the details for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Darleen Brown 8433612000x
- Entertainment: Come experience the best in Dinnertainment. Where we bring a new level of excitement to dining. From the moment you enter the restaurant, you will be drawn into the lounge by not only the sounds of Frank Sinatra and friends but also the sights. The lounge is equipped with multi high definition screens and plasmas showcasing the concerts of the legends. The atmosphere will take you back to a time where music, food and drink was the ultimate experience. From time to time the lounge will feature live entertainers adding to the excitement. So gather up your friends and sit back and enjoy...
- Special Events: November 26th we will be hosting Barefoot Landing Ladies Night. The event will help raise funds for a great charity called Teen Angel. They help homeless children with everyday needs so that they can graduate and lead productive lives.
We will have various vendors from Barefoot Landing displaying their products for sale. There will be drink and food specials. Hope to see you there!!!
A word from Castano's Italian Steakhouse
Castano"s is an Italian Steakhouse serving the finest in Prime Seafood, Steak and Italian Homemade Pastas Dishes. Come to where the old world taste is fused with refined American cuisine. Each dish is prepared to order by our award winning chef and his team and will be served by our extraordinary staff. A casual fine dining restaurant where distinguished taste meets refined food and service. Once you arrive, you will first be drawn into the lounge where not only the sounds of Frank Sinatra and his friends come alive, but also the sights. The lounge is equipped with large HD projection screens and plasmas throughout. Here you will find bartenders who are trained in the latest cocktails and our old time favorites. An atmosphere to socialize and make new friends. Happy hours specials will be offered daily 4pm to 7pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Castano's Italian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in North Myrtle Beach ›
Castano's Italian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (33)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (27)good for groups (25)scenic view (25)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Liked It So Much Last Night, We Came Back TonightBpelicanDined on 11/24/2014This restaurant is definitely first class. Their menu has a great variety of dishes, something for everyone. The service is impeccable (Michael Q. the first night, Keira the second). The meal is presented artfully and tastes as good as it looks. The servers provided the right level of attention and responded quickly to our needs. Desserts were prepared in house and were out of this World. The owner personally visited our table and bid us adieu upon our departure. All in all a great experience both nights. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MotoDined on 11/20/2014First time at the Resturant. Sushi was excellent - waiter recommended the Mahi special so I ordered it - it was terrible, excessively dry and salty. Ate 2 bites and gave up on this $29.00 entree. The only thing we would come back for is the sushi
- comfortable, romantic, cozyJamesandBernadetteDined on 11/15/2014this place was elegant and right on cue without food, comfortable And has a romantic atmosphere. the view was fantastic. My husband will return to the restaurant again the next time we're in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a place to visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This is a must when in Myrtle Beach, the food is outstanding, all homemade ane unique. It is the place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spot!PorkAndScenesDined on 11/7/2014It was a little confusing getting there, but once we arrived it was great from the moment we arrived. The service was wonderful, the food was outstanding except for the stacked salad (we both had filets; perfectly cooked), and I loved the music. There was live music in the bar but in the restaurant it was piped music from the 50's-60's era. The only negative was the aforementioned stacked salad which was highly recommended. The tomatoes were terribly mushy (tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinaigrette). Still, by far one of the best places we've dined at in the area and I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York atmosphereWildbillDined on 10/30/2014The food was well presented, fresh and imaginative. The salmon was perfectly cooked. Nice selection of entree choices. The diver scallops were only offered as an appetizer after being highly recommended. Would like to see them available as an entree. Caesar salad was a disappointment. Waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. Nice touch to have the manager stop by to see if everything was alright. Background music was a little too loud to be considered background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed evening dining experiencePrissyDined on 10/28/2014We ended up eating in the bar area because the music was so fabulous and the big screen TV shows brought back great memories. Food was great and service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPeter56Dined on 10/25/2014I made a reservation for a romantic dinner with my wife,and when we arrive they took as to a noisy dinner room at the very end of the restaurant. The table was not set and ready for as. The parties were talking and LOL. The table was a small round coffee table at the side end of the room in a lower level next to the passway. We asked for an other table And they gave as an other table for four in the same noisy roomSpecial Features:
- Never DisappointedLivingthedreamDined on 10/20/2014Castano's always makes our group feel welcome and they could not have been more gracious. Very nice staff, excellent food; another wonderful experience including the homemade pasta! We will return again and again.Special Features:
- Huge, Huge DisappointmentfoodconnoisseursVIPDined on 10/16/2014This restaraunt came highly recommended, and what a disappointment it turned out to be. Ordered filet medium rare with angelhair pasta. When dinner was served, steak was medium well (not even close to medium rare) and lukewarm pasta that was spaghetti not angelhair ..... Come on guys! And you call yourself an Italian Steakhouse?? Your chef's don't know the difference between medium rare and medium well? Your chefs don't know the difference between spaghetti and angelhair pasta? Maybe you should rename your steakhouse Golden Corral. Your prices are Ruth's Chris and your quality was barely Golden Corral! When they brought out another steak it was medium rare and gave me the same lukewarm spaghetti that was now cold! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We took our adult son who flew In For a few days. Bar was great with video music and then live music on a Monday night. then I to dining room for an incredible dinner..steak cooked to perfection! This is our NEW place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in Every WayTravelerDined on 10/10/2014WOW! What a find in Myrtle Beach! This restaurant delivers what you would expect in Charleston, Atlanta, D.C. or NYC! Prompt, efficient, professional service from the moment one walks in the door. Outstanding wait staff - ours and our observations of those serving other tables. Ask how a dish is prepared and you think your server is also the chef - (s)he is that knowledgable about the product. From the "Ms" Crab soup, mussels and breads through the entrees (Lobster ravioli, Maryland crab cakes, filet), everything was robust, flavorful and generous in portions. All was delivered at the appropriate time, properly cooked and presented. Can't speak highly enough about our new favorite and must-stop restaurant in Myrtle!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danny CDannyVIPDined on 10/5/2014We ate late so it is hard to judge. The service was great. They had two musics going at the same time, could be better. Food was OKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb sevice and foodDRJMMDined on 9/29/2014It just gets better and better. Waiter Marc, extremely personable and knowlegeable, made our experience special. Food came out on a timely basis, with excellent presentation and taste. Weather was poor, so we couldn't enjoy the out side area. This, on a nice night, is a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Food a disappointmentKathyKDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I were looking forward to a nice meal while on our vacation at Myrtle Beach. The service at Castano's was excellent; the Italian music a little too loud, but otherwise it had very nice ambiance. We both decided to try the Veal Soprano since we both are big fans of risotto and it came with the dish. It was a big disppointment; the dish was almost too salty to eat and the risotto was not cooked properly. The meal cost over $100 and was not worth it.Special Features:
- Good Food - Stop BraggingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014The food and service was very good. We got tired of hearing the wait staff bragging about the restaurant's awards to every table. The best award they can have is for their customers to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outslowtimeDined on 9/14/2014We were following a recommendation to try this restaurant, and were not disappointed, the food was terrific. nice slow pace and we were not rushed and made dinner into a two and a half hour event. Will definitely be back when we return to Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find, Great steaksPGHdinerDined on 9/13/2014Found Castano's on line as a good Italian steakhouse. Made our reservation through Open Table, they claimed not to get it. Showed on my phone. The clams casino appetizer should not be on the menu. Not very good! My wife ordered Mahi Mahi special. It took at least 10 minutes to find out it was was sold out at 8 pm! She got the lobster ravioli. It was pretty good! I ordered the rib eye, It was one of the better steaks I have ever had. Everything is ala carte so it can be pricy. The server was just okay. He was new and was not very attentive. Never came back to ask if I wanted another glass of wine. By the time he did we were done!Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience Ever!MrandMrsMeansDined on 9/13/2014I took my wife here for our six year anniversary and hands-down was the best dining experience we have ever had! Everyone was extremely courteous, the food was amazing and the desserts are to die for! And the owner greets you at the door and asks how you're dining experience was when you leave. I've never had any other dining experience were everyone was so friendly everything was so perfect, the food was this good, and NO other restaurant will have the owner meet you at the door and ask you how your experience was when you leave. This is by far the best restaurant in Myrtle Beach you will not be sorry. And these people truly care about your dining experience, and are truly committed to making each dining experience better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the worst and not the best.MBMD89Dined on 9/12/2014We had a difficult time finding this restaurant as it is in the back of Barefoot Landing. We were seated immediately. The server was friendly, but nothing special. The wedge salad was good, but the pasta dishes were fair at best. My wife and I both said the same. She had lasagna and I had Sinatras Trio. They were both OK. There are better places in North Myrtle Beach.
- Great atmosphereLoveagreatrestaurantDined on 9/4/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Castano's and had a wonderful experience. The wait staff was attentive and the music was very entertaining. The only part of the night that was not perfect was that I ordered my steak rare and it was medium rare. They did ask if they could take it back and serve me another but I did not want to wait for a second plate when my husband already had his dinner. Other than that, the steaks were very good as was the balance of the meal including the coffee and dessert. They did give us one of our desserts for our anniversary which I thought was very nice. Overall I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic??RobertDined on 8/31/2014Made a reservation for 2 a week in advance. We were seated in the middle of a big room completely surrounded by tables of 8-10 half of which were small children. Between the background soundtrack and being surrounded, it was much closer to eating in a cafeteria environment than a romatic resturant as it is advertised. The noise level made it hard to even have a simple conversation. The waitress even had trouble hearing our order. The food was very good and the service was good, even though the waitress was overwhelmened.
- RepeatersDateNightDined on 8/31/2014Visited last summer and obviously was impressed or would not have returned this year. The food was okay. Last visit had live performance on a Sunday - this time none. The place was understaffed and service reflected this - bartender not making frozen drinks in order to keep up. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Very surprised and impressednshapir1Dined on 8/29/2014I stumbled across Castano's while looking for somewhere I could get a reservation for 16 on OpenTable. When I saw the names of the dishes on the menu, I thought it might be a little gimmicky, but decided to give it a shot. My entire party ended up very impressed. The waitstaff was very attentive and hospitable, even making the children with is feel very welcome and bringing their food out very quickly while the rest of us were deciding. As for the food, it was very good. The menu offers a lot of options, but isn't like reading a 30-page Cheesecake Factory monstrosity. The seafood tasted fresh and was prepared very well, the lamb was apparently excellent (I did not try it myself), and my steak was cooked perfectly. Check it out!Special Features:
- A Classier Place, You Will Not FindKnRsDadDined on 8/29/2014Fantastic food, amazing service, an absolute jewel in North Myrtle Beach. Was our last dinner in NMB [08/29/2014] and I doubt we could have found a better place to eat. Friday's are prime rib night and they did not disappoint. Just out of the oven at 5:30, and a perfect medium rare paired with their brussel sprouts, made me a happy camper. The other steaks ordered - filet mignon and ny strips - came out perfectly cooked as ordered. Order the molten lava cake for a truly fantastic ending to a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good not greatgenesVIPDined on 8/28/2014food was good my red sauce lacked flavor my friends steak also lacked flavor was asked to cut the steak to see if it was cooked ok chef should know if cooked ok first time ever asked if steak was cooked correctly... olive oil bottle on table had no herbs in top was broken server comes over to try and shake oil flies all over the placeSpecial Features:
- DivemasterDODined on 8/26/2014Frequent this place when we are in town. Good Italian Food.Special Features:
- We take everyone hereRebeccaVIPDined on 8/26/2014We love taking our out of town guests to Castano's. We have tried just about everything on the menu. It's all good. We really love the Sea Steak - it's a must every visit and the She Crab soup is a close second. The steaks are the best in the area and the desserts to die for. Remember to save room. You won't be disappointed.
- Worth the priceILMSTMFDined on 8/25/2014Started with salads, caesar was excellent. Dinner, had the delmonico special, cooked and seasoned perfectly. Wife had the petite filet, she enjoyed it as well. Had a very reasonably priced bottle of red and enjoyed the Snickers pie for dessert. Kourtney, our server, was both knowledgable and quirky (in a good way). Stereotypical Italian music set the stage and I didn't mind it at all. On our way out, another server checked to make sure we enjoyed our meal, shook my hand, bid us good night. Classy. Prices were high but what would you expect for the tourist oasis that is Barefoot Landing? Worth it. You could pay ~20-30% less at a subpar restaurant in the vicinity and get far less quality. Vacation? Special occasion? Just splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Food and ServiceRebeccaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Castano's is our go-to dinner spot for all of our out-of-town guests. The food is always fresh, well prepared and tastes great! Their steaks are great and perfectly cooked. The Sea Steak is a must for an appetizer and the She Crab Soup is a close second. The lamb chops were great and the Sinatra Trio was to die for. We also enjoy the Happy Hour there with great food, drinks and live music. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- LaciDined on 8/21/2014We were celebrating an occasion (friends moving to another state) and we decided to bring our friends to this restaurant. Three of us ordered the veal with the prociutto (just did not make the grade.). I ordered the veal picatta and that was very good. Soups were good, service was excellent. Young waiter going back to school at CCU. He was a delight. Don't know if we would return to your restaurant again, as the price was high and the food was just so so.Special Features:
- vibrantjennymet19Dined on 8/18/2014On vacation from jersey phila area... Always finding a new place to eat as weve been coming down for 20 some years. we had reservations to outdoor dine, however, it was pouring. We went early to take advantage of the 4-7 happy hour. Bar scene and decor were really nice. Good service. We decided to enjoy the live musical performance and dine inside .. Food was wonderful, the meatballs are as close to mama's homemade italian meatballs while dining out. Ask for some warm rolls with butter ... They are to die for! overall experience was great 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JTstratsDined on 8/18/2014This was our second visit to Castano's which has become my favorite Italian restaurant in the Myrtle Beach area. I highly recommend going there for any occasion.Special Features:
- Nice SettingwheresthebeefDined on 8/15/2014Went with some friends for birthday celebration. The person refilling water was on the ball. Food was good. We are all confused as to why an Italian steakhouse serves sushi. What we saw looked good coming by- but when in an Italian restaurant- get the pasta-right? Would not recommend the sangria- that recipe does need some tweaking. It's more of a spritzer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014What a great dining experience! My wife and I enjoyed our food, service and after dinner enjoyed listened to the live entertainment in the bar. All around a pleasant evening. The she-crab soup was excellent. Our prime rib (only on Fridays) was seasoned and cooked perfectly. I highly recommend if you still have room the Snickers Pie. Our server was top notch and knew the menu very well and explained everything perfectly. Kudos!!!Special Features:
- HoaxBP73Dined on 8/12/2014Pictures of the RAT pack and Sinatra playing in the background fails to qualify as an Italian. Also simply raising your prices for beef fails to qualify as a steak house. The food was no different then your average franchise and the prices were outrageous. My steak was over cooked, my wife's entree ceaser was nothing more than a side salad, and the kids Mac and cheese was nothing more than a generic box from the super market. My advice, they need to decide what they want to be - Italian, Steak House, or a Sushi bar (yes, they offer sushi as well).
- Loved it!FredBDined on 8/4/2014Wonderful food and spotless service. We shall definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- coachdDined on 8/2/2014incomparable food and service make Castano's one of our favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach. Definitely a must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experience!NickiDined on 8/2/2014Even the entrees at the bar are great! The staff at the bar know everything about the drinks and cocktails! GreatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service!bizdinerDined on 7/31/2014Never disappointed when we dine here. The calamari Steak and the Tomahawk Ribeye make for a great meal! Great service too! A must stop when out for dinner!Special Features: