Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road
6325 River Road
Prospect, KY 40059Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.castironsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5023847466
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Curtis Rader
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We can accommodate virtually any size parties, and will tailor to your party's needs!!
- Special Events: We have hosted many wedding rehearsal dinners as well as private dinner parties.
A word from Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road
Cast Iron Steakhouse opened on April 27th, 2011. This locally owned restaurant offers top-quality food at an affordable price. Menu includes a variety of steaks, aged from 21-28 days and hand-cut in house, as well as fresh seafood! At Cast Iron Steakhouse, we pride ourselves on delivering you the best food alongside the best service in town; No antler chandeliers, no peanuts on the floor, no country music, Just a comfortable atmosphere for you and your family! Cast Iron Steakhouse is conveniently located on River Road in Prospect, KY, so drop on in or make a reservation to see what everyone's been talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (26)romantic (17)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- VanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was prepared to perfection, the service was on point & our experience overall will bring us back many times to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningNoelswDined on 10/11/2014My relative and I enjoyed the meal and evening. Very good food and service. We each left with goodie boxes as we were not very hungry, but the good was excellant. I would recommend this restaurant. Easy to find, good parking.Special Features:
- John P.JohnPDined on 10/11/2014Always a great place to eat with reasonable prices. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting of Africian AmericanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014visit cast iron several times notice all African Americian Custer sit in the back corner reason why I address this because it's happen to my group 3 times same exact area same exact table while dining next Africian American customer same location sad in 2014 this goes onSpecial Features:
- Cast Iron Steak House on River RoadMizDeeVIPDined on 10/10/2014We ordered strip steak, Delmonico steak, 1 dessert and a bottle of Malbec. Both steaks included a salad and a side. For my salad I chose the Caesar salad; my friend, the house salad. The Romaine lettuce and croutons were lightly dressed with a mixture of oil, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper so that both the lettuce and croutons remained crisp. My medium rare Delmonico was right on; my friend's medium rare strip steak, likewise. He chose the potato cake - crisp on the outside, tender potato goodness on the inside. I chose the sauted spinach that was tender, neither raw nor soggy and not oily or buttery either. My companion opted for dessert - an over the top version of brownie ala mode. Total cost - $80.53 + tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious mealKD49erDined on 10/5/2014Our third visit to Cast Iron Steakhouse and this time we took 5 other adults and a 3 week old baby. We gave our server a workout but he met all of our needs...Bravo! The food was fantastic as usual. We had salads, steaks, salmon, chicken, burgers, all delicious and the asparagus was outstanding for this time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service.BristolbristolDined on 10/5/2014The homemade Thousand Island dressing was the best I've had in years. I can hardly wait to go back for a "big salad". We both had the ribeye steak and it was okay, but we would try something different the next time. We do not prefer the peeling in our mashed potatoes so we would likely get the baked potato the next time. The serving of green beans was family size and they were actually tender and enjoyable!Also the Bloody Mary was delicious as was the bread and the garlic butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cast Iron Steakhouse - A FindkarlapDined on 10/5/2014Great place for conversation and enjoying great food. The steaks melt in your mouth and the side options are great (including the mac and cheese). Desserts are also a treat. It's a beautiful location for fall - quaint and comfortable. Will return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Food slow from kitchen. Waitress harried and seemed rushed. She was slightly abrupt with us. Peach cobbler was incredible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cast of Charactersbagel109Dined on 9/27/2014Our first visit to Cast Iron Steakhouse was very pleasant. Our waitress was attentive and made us feel very comfortable. The portions were hefty; to go boxes were plentiful. Mahi maui was delicious; steaks were a little tough but tasted good. It was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Nice FindMcFoodieDined on 9/25/2014We traveled to Louisville for a few days away and tried Cast Iron Steakhouse for dinner. We ordered the Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms appetizer which was very nice. My wife ordered the Blackened Salmon with asparagus and was very impressed. I tried it and it was moist and very tasty. I ordered the special of the day which was a New York Strip with Tiger Shrimp. It was prepared perfectly and was seasoned just right. We also had salads. The salads were not much to talk about, with mostly iceberg lettuce, but the Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette was very good. Overall, a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- MWC1Dined on 9/21/2014The food was excellent. Steaks are tender and juicey. Severvice was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWelike2eatDined on 9/14/2014We began our meal with seafood stuffed mushrooms. Terrific. I had the dinner special - half a fried chicken with two sides. I chose cole slaw (not great)and mashed potatoes that were great. They were loaded with bacon bits, seemed like a loaded baked potato, and the portion was huge. All for $13.99. My friend had the spicy tilapia and my husband had a patty melt both of which were generous and tasty. We ate on the front porch. It was nice to be outside, but the traffic was noisier than I expected. Our waitress was friendly, helpful and prompt. We enjoyed ourselves and will be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cast Away Your Hunger Painsmaryruth1217Dined on 9/13/2014Cast Iron Steakhouse is a fantastic restaurant. Being a local Louisvillian my entire life, this restaurant had the capability of making me feel like I was on vacation especially with the great seafood options and the lovely interior decor. The food was exquisite, and I loved the unique maple balsamic dressing. The service was wonderful, as well. My husband had 5 refills of sweet tea, and he never had to request for more. We intend to become regulars at this restaurant.Special Features:
- always goodMomboJDined on 9/12/2014Best food for the money in the city of Louisville - service is always outstanding - great place to take kids - very friendly place!!
- Good neighborhood steak HouseProspectrealtorDined on 9/7/2014The food and service are consistently good. Very good value pricing. My steak was overcooked and it was immediately taken back and I was presented with a perfectly cooked replacement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice recoveryHappyDined on 8/31/2014Both of us orders steaks med rare. they came out a little over cooked. the server immediately removed them and we had fresh steaks cooked perfectly within a short time. Things like this can happen however it is how that issue is dealt with that is important and they had it all in hand. Later during our meal the Manager came over and express her regrets over the steaks and hoped we were enjoying our meal. Really nice follow up. A nice evening - their Maple Vinaigrette dressing ROCKS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JPJohnPDined on 8/30/2014Chicken Encrusted Parmesan dish is excellent and filling.Special Features:
- luvloufoodDined on 8/30/2014This is our go to steak place for the price and consistently great food.Special Features:
- Large servingsDAG52VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great servings to enjoy for dinner and lunch next day. We really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- ReasonableFZappaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Entres come with salad and a side. Steaks are reasonably priced, good value.
- First visit was a hit!KD49erDined on 8/27/2014Great decision on our part to try Cast Iron Steakhouse. Knowlegeable staff, extensive beer and wine lists and fantastic food made it a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll Definitely Be BackConnie40023Dined on 8/21/2014This place came very highly recommended and we loved it. I had dinner here with a group of 10 friends. The salmon in chili sauce feature was excellent. My only complaint is that my drink and my water glass were both empty before I finished. The waitress was busy and I didn't ask for more water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BMBSmittyDined on 8/19/2014Food was good. Fish and steak were done nicely. My pork tenderloin was too dry. Good deal on Wednesday night...1/2 price wine. Our server was great.Special Features:
- Food and Service was excellent.RateRaider4NowDined on 8/16/2014The food was fantastic. My family will be back again to try some different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, stellar service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant; both times I was in a group. My waiter was very knowledgeable about the wines, menu offerings, and provided excellent recommendations. He was friendly and a conscientious server. We weren't sure what kind of wine we wanted and the bartender offered an impromptu wine tasting to help us decide. She poured 4-5 different wines to allow us to try and explained the differences between them. The food was fantastic...the steaks were perfectly cooked, shrimp was fresh & fantastic, everybody in our party exclaimed "We need to come back here!" Couldn't have had a better experience.Special Features:
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Our meal was excellent, we had a fillet split between two and a NY Strip. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted fantastic. I will definitely come back to this great river road neighborhood spot!Special Features:
- SeniorbridgeDined on 8/9/2014I made reservations for a group of 8 for Sat. night. All agreed the food was excellent, prices very reasonable. We loved the Hot Brown. Noise level was such that we could actually talk with each other across the table. Very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak was to die forkf04Dined on 8/8/2014The food was delicious and not to mention the steak... it was amazing. Service was fabulous too. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemrossfpVIPDined on 8/7/2014When I am traveling I try to find places off the beaten path so clients can experience something other than "the usual". I was very pleased with my choice from I food quality, atmosphere and value standpoint. And my clients loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedDined on 8/5/2014I took my boyfriend here and saw great reviews. It wasnt crowded at all and we were able to sit right down. The appetizer [queso] was great, but the steaks dissapointed us. The filet was OK, and the Ribeye was so salty that my boyfriend could barely eat it. He gave me a try and I felt the same way. We mentioned something to the waiter but he didnt seem to care. Probably won't return because when I spend $75 including tip on a meal I want it to be nearly perfect.
- TiggerTiggerDined on 8/3/2014This is a great place to go. Great food, extremely friendly staff. We have been Goin here for a year now. The staff knows us and we come back weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super-duperDrAlexDined on 8/3/2014We had a family get-together - 7 of us and it turned out to be perfect. The food was super-duper - steak was out of this world. Everything very delicious - desserts surprisingly good - service very kind - just a gem of a place all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCathiVIPDined on 7/29/2014The food was great and so was the service. Our steak came out perfect! Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheDavidDined on 7/26/2014Great menu and generous portions of delicious food! Good value for money! Chopped steak is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great WaiterdinernotincarolinerDined on 7/26/2014This was not first time at Cast Iron; not even this week. Food is good to very good. Does vary from each visit. I am writing however because of the outstanding service and service style of Chris our waiter. Food prep and description was clearly explained and not overly euphemistic, requests were remembered and addressed in a timely maneer etc. Most importantly I witnessed his handling of what I know from my years in FOH as a "difficult" customer. (Everything off the menu and "on the side"). Cudos Chris!I would recommend this to a friend.
- !!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Our first experience at Cast Iron Steakhouse was amazing! The food was prepared to our request and delicious! Steak was melt-in-your-mouth delicious and vegetables and salad were fresh! We were celebrating an adult family member's birthday but also had and 11 and 13 year old with us as well as an infant grandchild in tow and the staff were wonderfully accomodating and friendly! Our waitress checked with us frequently throughout the meal and with a smile and positive attitude that made us feel as though we were the most important customers of the evening! I would return in a heartbeat and also highly recommend Cast Iron to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate there early, only ones thereCharlieKDined on 7/22/2014My son and I ate there at 4:30. we were the only ones there at the time, by the time we left I believe there were 4 other groups there. The service was very good, but we were the only ones there when we arrived. The food was excellent. My son had the Colossal burger and fries, I had the 10 oz Delmonico steak and a very good house salad with homemade Ranch dressing. My son said the burger was excellent, as were the seasoned fries, he couldn't stop eating them until they was all gone! My steak was cooked to perfection and was delicious! The prices are in-line with most other good steak places. We will definitely be back, and I will bring my wife next time.Special Features:
- Good valueKyRoamerDined on 7/13/2014Sundays only they have great fried chicken. Prices were very fair. Most expensive steak was $14 for a 14 ounce strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014This was our second dinning experience, the food was wonderful, our waiter was outstanding. Base on the wonder experience we encounter, we have already recommended this restaurant Continue your wonderful services and we will continue to come back.Special Features: