Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road
6325 River Road
Prospect, KY 40059Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.castironsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (502) 384-7466
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Curtis Rader
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We can accommodate virtually any size parties, and will tailor to your party's needs!!
- Special Events: We have hosted many wedding rehearsal dinners as well as private dinner parties.
A word from Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road
Cast Iron Steakhouse opened on April 27th, 2011. This locally owned restaurant offers top-quality food at an affordable price. Menu includes a variety of steaks, aged from 21-28 days and hand-cut in house, as well as fresh seafood! At Cast Iron Steakhouse, we pride ourselves on delivering you the best food alongside the best service in town; No antler chandeliers, no peanuts on the floor, no country music, Just a comfortable atmosphere for you and your family! Cast Iron Steakhouse is conveniently located on River Road in Prospect, KY, so drop on in or make a reservation to see what everyone's been talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (47)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (35)romantic (25)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)notable wine list (7)scenic view (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Mike O.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014I normally love the food here, but tonight not so good. Everyone`s salad at my table had very little in it. My stake was over cooked and my potato was barley warm. Another friend`s food was over cooked and my wife`s meatloaf was bland tasting. I hope this was just an off night. I will try it one more time, but if is another bad night it will be last time I eat there. On a good note the service was great.
- We Love This PlacecatsmeowDined on 11/21/2014Perfect New York Strip Steak: cooked to order, tender, great flavor and piping hot. My husband enthused over everything, even the baked sweet potato! The salads were cool and crisp with a really special blue cheese dressing. Our server helped me pick a Cabernet to go with dinner, and it was a great choice. All around memorable service so seldom found these days. We felt as though we were in an English pub...friendly and welcoming. More visits planned for the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerKevinDined on 11/15/2014Great Anniversary Dinner for us. Nice wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingkaysrnDined on 11/14/2014Great steak dinner. Very good value as you get salad and one side included. Sides are delicious. Server attentive without being obtrusive. Close to our home, so we'll be back when we want steak. Steaks also cooked exactly as ordered. Medium had pink center and hot throughout. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and fabulous food!!GinaDined on 11/14/2014We came to Cast Iron Skillet to celebrate my daughters 19th birthday. What a pleasant evening. Our server, Samantha ,was excellent, the food was fabulous and timely. We had our 10 year old son along, and the kids menu is perfect, even includes ice cream! Perfect! And the Birthday girl got a free dessert! How perfect is that! We will be coming back again. Thank you again for a wonderful evening. The AllisonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.JabsDined on 11/8/2014Food was super tasty, hot, and displayed very nicely. Reasonable prices for what you got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014Steaks were excellent cooked correctly. Service was quick and knowledgeable. Prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Great getawayRobDinerDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful dining experience. Food was great, best New York Strip, moist & tender. All four of us really enjoyed our food. Service was great too.Special Features:
- Near PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Took Mom and Dad out for their Anniversary their 1st time there our 3rd.Special Features:
- Stick with steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I went here for the first time with my husband and another couple. The service was inconsistent and the mahi tasted frozen and fishy. My husband ordered the ribeye. He had to dissect much of it but said the flavor was good. There are too many restaurants that do a better job with both steak and seafood that we will not be going back
- Outstanding food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We drove an hour to try this establishment. My family and I loved the food - each item was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious! Our server was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great food, reasonable prices!FFAtravelerDined on 10/30/2014We had a group of 19 people and the service was outstanding. The steaks were great and the prices were reasonable. The mac n cheese was awesome too! I highly recommend this steakhouse to anyone. It is a little bit of a drive from the city, but it's well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group DinnerJPAPDined on 10/29/2014What a great find!!!! I found Cast iron on the internet and made reservation for our group of 12 (10 high school students and 2 adults). Our table was ready upon arrival. The wait staff was great. They were very attentive without being overbearing. The food was amazing. My steak was one of the best I have ever eaten. It was as good or better than one I had at a so-called "high end" steakhouse. Our party also ordered the pork loin which was fabulous. All steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides were just as good. We will return on our next trip to Louisville.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!LynnieDined on 10/29/2014Great place for dinner! Took a large group and had outstanding food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not bad, but not compellingFredDined on 10/28/2014Third time we have visited the Cast Iron and while nothing has been bad, nothing has made us want to rush back either though they seem to have a devoted following of regulars
- just a few minor problemsfunnycideDined on 10/25/2014I don't like my fries soaking in the steak juices and Red Gold ketchup is an inferior product to Heinz. Other than those minor issues Cast Iron is in my top three favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Ever!MiraDined on 10/24/2014I am generally not a steak eater, but because of where we were, I ordered the surf and turf. I could not eat my shrimp because I ate the entire steak!!! And did so in less than 10 minutes!! 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great food and comfortable atmosphere. Service among the best. Quite enough to carry on conversations while enjoying a great dinner. For those who haven't been, you gotta give them a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjkkDined on 10/22/2014Steak was tepid, potato the same, returned, came back the steak (most expensive one on the menu) was warmer (not hot) and the potato was colder. Suggest they use a hot double plate or something as I don't like eating cold food.Special Features:
- VanceZanceDined on 10/18/2014The food was prepared to perfection, the service was on point & our experience overall will bring us back many times to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningNoelswDined on 10/11/2014My relative and I enjoyed the meal and evening. Very good food and service. We each left with goodie boxes as we were not very hungry, but the good was excellant. I would recommend this restaurant. Easy to find, good parking.Special Features:
- John P.JohnPDined on 10/11/2014Always a great place to eat with reasonable prices. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting of Africian AmericanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014visit cast iron several times notice all African Americian Custer sit in the back corner reason why I address this because it's happen to my group 3 times same exact area same exact table while dining next Africian American customer same location sad in 2014 this goes onSpecial Features:
- Cast Iron Steak House on River RoadMizDeeVIPDined on 10/10/2014We ordered strip steak, Delmonico steak, 1 dessert and a bottle of Malbec. Both steaks included a salad and a side. For my salad I chose the Caesar salad; my friend, the house salad. The Romaine lettuce and croutons were lightly dressed with a mixture of oil, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper so that both the lettuce and croutons remained crisp. My medium rare Delmonico was right on; my friend's medium rare strip steak, likewise. He chose the potato cake - crisp on the outside, tender potato goodness on the inside. I chose the sauted spinach that was tender, neither raw nor soggy and not oily or buttery either. My companion opted for dessert - an over the top version of brownie ala mode. Total cost - $80.53 + tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious mealKD49erDined on 10/5/2014Our third visit to Cast Iron Steakhouse and this time we took 5 other adults and a 3 week old baby. We gave our server a workout but he met all of our needs...Bravo! The food was fantastic as usual. We had salads, steaks, salmon, chicken, burgers, all delicious and the asparagus was outstanding for this time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service.BristolbristolDined on 10/5/2014The homemade Thousand Island dressing was the best I've had in years. I can hardly wait to go back for a "big salad". We both had the ribeye steak and it was okay, but we would try something different the next time. We do not prefer the peeling in our mashed potatoes so we would likely get the baked potato the next time. The serving of green beans was family size and they were actually tender and enjoyable!Also the Bloody Mary was delicious as was the bread and the garlic butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cast Iron Steakhouse - A FindkarlapDined on 10/5/2014Great place for conversation and enjoying great food. The steaks melt in your mouth and the side options are great (including the mac and cheese). Desserts are also a treat. It's a beautiful location for fall - quaint and comfortable. Will return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Food slow from kitchen. Waitress harried and seemed rushed. She was slightly abrupt with us. Peach cobbler was incredible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cast of Charactersbagel109Dined on 9/27/2014Our first visit to Cast Iron Steakhouse was very pleasant. Our waitress was attentive and made us feel very comfortable. The portions were hefty; to go boxes were plentiful. Mahi maui was delicious; steaks were a little tough but tasted good. It was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Nice FindMcFoodieDined on 9/25/2014We traveled to Louisville for a few days away and tried Cast Iron Steakhouse for dinner. We ordered the Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms appetizer which was very nice. My wife ordered the Blackened Salmon with asparagus and was very impressed. I tried it and it was moist and very tasty. I ordered the special of the day which was a New York Strip with Tiger Shrimp. It was prepared perfectly and was seasoned just right. We also had salads. The salads were not much to talk about, with mostly iceberg lettuce, but the Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette was very good. Overall, a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- MWC1Dined on 9/21/2014The food was excellent. Steaks are tender and juicey. Severvice was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWelike2eatDined on 9/14/2014We began our meal with seafood stuffed mushrooms. Terrific. I had the dinner special - half a fried chicken with two sides. I chose cole slaw (not great)and mashed potatoes that were great. They were loaded with bacon bits, seemed like a loaded baked potato, and the portion was huge. All for $13.99. My friend had the spicy tilapia and my husband had a patty melt both of which were generous and tasty. We ate on the front porch. It was nice to be outside, but the traffic was noisier than I expected. Our waitress was friendly, helpful and prompt. We enjoyed ourselves and will be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cast Away Your Hunger Painsmaryruth1217Dined on 9/13/2014Cast Iron Steakhouse is a fantastic restaurant. Being a local Louisvillian my entire life, this restaurant had the capability of making me feel like I was on vacation especially with the great seafood options and the lovely interior decor. The food was exquisite, and I loved the unique maple balsamic dressing. The service was wonderful, as well. My husband had 5 refills of sweet tea, and he never had to request for more. We intend to become regulars at this restaurant.Special Features:
- always goodMomboJDined on 9/12/2014Best food for the money in the city of Louisville - service is always outstanding - great place to take kids - very friendly place!!
- Good neighborhood steak HouseProspectrealtorDined on 9/7/2014The food and service are consistently good. Very good value pricing. My steak was overcooked and it was immediately taken back and I was presented with a perfectly cooked replacement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice recoveryHappyDined on 8/31/2014Both of us orders steaks med rare. they came out a little over cooked. the server immediately removed them and we had fresh steaks cooked perfectly within a short time. Things like this can happen however it is how that issue is dealt with that is important and they had it all in hand. Later during our meal the Manager came over and express her regrets over the steaks and hoped we were enjoying our meal. Really nice follow up. A nice evening - their Maple Vinaigrette dressing ROCKS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JPJohnPDined on 8/30/2014Chicken Encrusted Parmesan dish is excellent and filling.Special Features:
- luvloufoodDined on 8/30/2014This is our go to steak place for the price and consistently great food.Special Features:
- Large servingsDAG52VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great servings to enjoy for dinner and lunch next day. We really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- ReasonableFZappaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Entres come with salad and a side. Steaks are reasonably priced, good value.