Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road
6325 River Road
Prospect, KY 40059Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.castironsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5023847466
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Curtis Rader
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We can accommodate virtually any size parties, and will tailor to your party's needs!!
- Special Events: We have hosted many wedding rehearsal dinners as well as private dinner parties.
A word from Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road
Cast Iron Steakhouse opened on April 27th, 2011. This locally owned restaurant offers top-quality food at an affordable price. Menu includes a variety of steaks, aged from 21-28 days and hand-cut in house, as well as fresh seafood! At Cast Iron Steakhouse, we pride ourselves on delivering you the best food alongside the best service in town; No antler chandeliers, no peanuts on the floor, no country music, Just a comfortable atmosphere for you and your family! Cast Iron Steakhouse is conveniently located on River Road in Prospect, KY, so drop on in or make a reservation to see what everyone's been talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Cast Iron Steakhouse - River Road reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (22)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- DeliciousWelike2eatDined on 9/14/2014We began our meal with seafood stuffed mushrooms. Terrific. I had the dinner special - half a fried chicken with two sides. I chose cole slaw (not great)and mashed potatoes that were great. They were loaded with bacon bits, seemed like a loaded baked potato, and the portion was huge. All for $13.99. My friend had the spicy tilapia and my husband had a patty melt both of which were generous and tasty. We ate on the front porch. It was nice to be outside, but the traffic was noisier than I expected. Our waitress was friendly, helpful and prompt. We enjoyed ourselves and will be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cast Away Your Hunger Painsmaryruth1217Dined on 9/13/2014Cast Iron Steakhouse is a fantastic restaurant. Being a local Louisvillian my entire life, this restaurant had the capability of making me feel like I was on vacation especially with the great seafood options and the lovely interior decor. The food was exquisite, and I loved the unique maple balsamic dressing. The service was wonderful, as well. My husband had 5 refills of sweet tea, and he never had to request for more. We intend to become regulars at this restaurant.Special Features:
- always goodMomboJDined on 9/12/2014Best food for the money in the city of Louisville - service is always outstanding - great place to take kids - very friendly place!!
- Good neighborhood steak HouseProspectrealtorDined on 9/7/2014The food and service are consistently good. Very good value pricing. My steak was overcooked and it was immediately taken back and I was presented with a perfectly cooked replacement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice recoveryHappyDined on 8/31/2014Both of us orders steaks med rare. they came out a little over cooked. the server immediately removed them and we had fresh steaks cooked perfectly within a short time. Things like this can happen however it is how that issue is dealt with that is important and they had it all in hand. Later during our meal the Manager came over and express her regrets over the steaks and hoped we were enjoying our meal. Really nice follow up. A nice evening - their Maple Vinaigrette dressing ROCKS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JPJohnPDined on 8/30/2014Chicken Encrusted Parmesan dish is excellent and filling.Special Features:
- luvloufoodDined on 8/30/2014This is our go to steak place for the price and consistently great food.Special Features:
- Large servingsDAG52VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great servings to enjoy for dinner and lunch next day. We really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- ReasonableFZappaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Entres come with salad and a side. Steaks are reasonably priced, good value.
- First visit was a hit!KD49erDined on 8/27/2014Great decision on our part to try Cast Iron Steakhouse. Knowlegeable staff, extensive beer and wine lists and fantastic food made it a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll Definitely Be BackConnie40023Dined on 8/21/2014This place came very highly recommended and we loved it. I had dinner here with a group of 10 friends. The salmon in chili sauce feature was excellent. My only complaint is that my drink and my water glass were both empty before I finished. The waitress was busy and I didn't ask for more water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BMBSmittyDined on 8/19/2014Food was good. Fish and steak were done nicely. My pork tenderloin was too dry. Good deal on Wednesday night...1/2 price wine. Our server was great.Special Features:
- Food and Service was excellent.RateRaider4NowDined on 8/16/2014The food was fantastic. My family will be back again to try some different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, stellar service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant; both times I was in a group. My waiter was very knowledgeable about the wines, menu offerings, and provided excellent recommendations. He was friendly and a conscientious server. We weren't sure what kind of wine we wanted and the bartender offered an impromptu wine tasting to help us decide. She poured 4-5 different wines to allow us to try and explained the differences between them. The food was fantastic...the steaks were perfectly cooked, shrimp was fresh & fantastic, everybody in our party exclaimed "We need to come back here!" Couldn't have had a better experience.Special Features:
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Our meal was excellent, we had a fillet split between two and a NY Strip. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted fantastic. I will definitely come back to this great river road neighborhood spot!Special Features:
- SeniorbridgeDined on 8/9/2014I made reservations for a group of 8 for Sat. night. All agreed the food was excellent, prices very reasonable. We loved the Hot Brown. Noise level was such that we could actually talk with each other across the table. Very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak was to die forkf04Dined on 8/8/2014The food was delicious and not to mention the steak... it was amazing. Service was fabulous too. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemrossfpVIPDined on 8/7/2014When I am traveling I try to find places off the beaten path so clients can experience something other than "the usual". I was very pleased with my choice from I food quality, atmosphere and value standpoint. And my clients loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedDined on 8/5/2014I took my boyfriend here and saw great reviews. It wasnt crowded at all and we were able to sit right down. The appetizer [queso] was great, but the steaks dissapointed us. The filet was OK, and the Ribeye was so salty that my boyfriend could barely eat it. He gave me a try and I felt the same way. We mentioned something to the waiter but he didnt seem to care. Probably won't return because when I spend $75 including tip on a meal I want it to be nearly perfect.
- TiggerTiggerDined on 8/3/2014This is a great place to go. Great food, extremely friendly staff. We have been Goin here for a year now. The staff knows us and we come back weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super-duperDrAlexDined on 8/3/2014We had a family get-together - 7 of us and it turned out to be perfect. The food was super-duper - steak was out of this world. Everything very delicious - desserts surprisingly good - service very kind - just a gem of a place all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCathiVIPDined on 7/29/2014The food was great and so was the service. Our steak came out perfect! Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheDavidDined on 7/26/2014Great menu and generous portions of delicious food! Good value for money! Chopped steak is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great WaiterdinernotincarolinerDined on 7/26/2014This was not first time at Cast Iron; not even this week. Food is good to very good. Does vary from each visit. I am writing however because of the outstanding service and service style of Chris our waiter. Food prep and description was clearly explained and not overly euphemistic, requests were remembered and addressed in a timely maneer etc. Most importantly I witnessed his handling of what I know from my years in FOH as a "difficult" customer. (Everything off the menu and "on the side"). Cudos Chris!I would recommend this to a friend.
- !!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Our first experience at Cast Iron Steakhouse was amazing! The food was prepared to our request and delicious! Steak was melt-in-your-mouth delicious and vegetables and salad were fresh! We were celebrating an adult family member's birthday but also had and 11 and 13 year old with us as well as an infant grandchild in tow and the staff were wonderfully accomodating and friendly! Our waitress checked with us frequently throughout the meal and with a smile and positive attitude that made us feel as though we were the most important customers of the evening! I would return in a heartbeat and also highly recommend Cast Iron to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate there early, only ones thereCharlieKDined on 7/22/2014My son and I ate there at 4:30. we were the only ones there at the time, by the time we left I believe there were 4 other groups there. The service was very good, but we were the only ones there when we arrived. The food was excellent. My son had the Colossal burger and fries, I had the 10 oz Delmonico steak and a very good house salad with homemade Ranch dressing. My son said the burger was excellent, as were the seasoned fries, he couldn't stop eating them until they was all gone! My steak was cooked to perfection and was delicious! The prices are in-line with most other good steak places. We will definitely be back, and I will bring my wife next time.Special Features:
- Good valueKyRoamerDined on 7/13/2014Sundays only they have great fried chicken. Prices were very fair. Most expensive steak was $14 for a 14 ounce strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014This was our second dinning experience, the food was wonderful, our waiter was outstanding. Base on the wonder experience we encounter, we have already recommended this restaurant Continue your wonderful services and we will continue to come back.Special Features:
- Convenient and casualGdmealDined on 7/8/2014We frequent Cast Iron quite often and always have a good steak. Last visit the strip steak was fatty and just okay but we will continue to go. Our friends got the filet and said it was excellent. Love the staff and atmosphere. Fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the best to the worstFoodieDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I had the most amazing dinner at cast iron a month or so ago and we eager to go again. From the very beginning, the experience was completely different. The waitress seemed in a hurry and unknowledgable. I ordered my bacon wrapped filet medium well, it came out and was literally deep purple inside. I of couse sent it back. They brought it out 10 minutes later and while still too pink in the middle, now it was well done on the outside. The waitress and manager were very apologetic, and it was taken off of my bill. They offered to make another steak as well, but I declined and had them box up my ruined dinner. When I inquired if there was a new chef, the manager confirmed. Truly a dissapointing evening!
- GreatGreatDined on 7/2/2014Great food & service every time we eat there. Most of our family events such as birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc., we always end up here for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksalnbarthelVIPDined on 6/29/2014One can always count on great steaks at the Cast Iron Steakhouse and our dining experience was no exception. Our server was gracious and hospitable doing a fine job of serving our table. Had a delightful evening. The only disappointment was the lack of wifi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceEatingisfunDined on 6/29/2014Recently enjoyed Cast Iron Steakhouse for the first time. The food was delicious especially the steaks, I had the filet which was cooked perfectly. The service was good, our server seemed to have more tables than the other servers so it seemed there was a long wait time between taking our appetizers and food orders but other than that, the evening was very enjoyable. You receive a lot of food for the money since the meals come with side and salad. Looking forward to our next time to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/20/2014Always dependable prime steak cooked to order. Shrimp cocktail with spice sauce. Service friendly and certainly sophisticated. The best part of the meal is the ability to bring your own wine with only a $15 corkage fee.Special Features:
- Nice Father"s DayDonnaDined on 6/15/2014This was our first visit. The menu had a wide variety for everyone. Three of the four of us had enough for another meal. The restaurant was a little crowded. The outside dining gave you a view of the street. Not really appealing.Special Features:
- Great place for Father's Day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014This is a wonderful restaurant for families. Service was great as was the food. We will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Good TimeJimMDined on 6/14/2014Prompt seating with our reservation, very pleasant and professional service with good suggestions. The food was excellent. Overall, the special time with family and friends was enhanced by the people and food at Cast Iron Steakhouse on River Road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FernCrikersDined on 6/14/2014We made the drive from Fern Creek because of a coupon. We arrived for a late lunch just as they opened on a Sat (3:00pm) because we read it gets busy during the evenings. There were only a few other diners at that time, so the service was great and the food was outstanding. My wife said her steak (Cast Iron Filet) was the best she had ever had! I ordered the spicy Talapia/crab dish, and it was very good also. The sides were also great. The bread and butter they brought while we waited for our entrees was so good I had the be careful not to fill up on it! I wish they were open a little earlier on Saturdays, but it was worth the wait, and I needed the extra appetite because of all the food! We will definitely be back, coupon or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The food is definitely very good to excellent; however, service is slow - the waitress was friendly and efficient, but the lapse between menu distribution and ordering was long. This was my second experience at Cast Iron. Service this visit was faster than the previous visit's 1 and 1/2 hour lapse between ordering and meal service. (Yes, I'm surprised I returned, too!) Fortunately on that visit, we had a birthday cake, which the group consumed after the appetizer and before the meal - the wait staff/management seemed oblivious and made excuses. Also, the seating is very tight - backs of chairs at one table touch backs of chairs at adjacent tables - fortunately most in our party were small. I recommend Cast Iron if you have plenty of time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a reasonable pricemeet2eatDined on 6/7/2014Our first experience at Cast Iron Steakhouse was just that, our first of many anticipated evenings dining there. Made reservations for 7:30 on a Saturday night and our table for four was ready when we arrived. The wait service was excellent; the waitress was knowledgeable about the items on the menu and was very courteous and engaging. Our salads arrived promptly. The house salad was delicious; much better than the "house" salad I anticipated. My steak was cooked perfectly as ordered. My wife and another member of our party ordered the Hot Brown and were very impressed. Real turkey! Unfortunately, we were too full to order from the enticing dessert menu. Next time! And there will definitely be a next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.