Cast Iron at the Omni Fort Worth
1300 Houston Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Cast Iron at the Omni Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/fort-worth/dining/cast-iron
- Phone: (817) 350-4106
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Served Daily 6am - 11am
Breakfast Buffet 6:30am - 10:30am
Sunday Brunch Buffet 11am - 2pm
Lunch Buffet/ Á la carte Monday - Friday 11am - 2pm
Saturday Á la carte 11am - 2pm
Dinner Served Daily 5pm - 10pm
*December 7, 2014 Brunch will be unavailable
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Sebastien Layen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Birthdays, farewells, graduation parties etc , Cast Iron is the perfect destination. With family style menus to cater to every palette and a dedicated professional to make your party a success. We have private and semi private dining rooms that can seat 10 - 22 guests for those special events in your life . So call us now and book your party with us .
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Clark 8173504075x
A word from Cast Iron at the Omni Fort Worth
Located on the lobby level, Cast Iron is an upscale casual restaurant featuring authentic Texas inspired food and highlighting the dishes with selective southwestern spices and locally grown ingredients and products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cast Iron at the Omni Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (5)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great Value Buffet BreakfastSandyVIPDined on 10/21/2014Buffet Breakfast includes an omelet station, wide selection of breads, meats, cereals, drinks, baked goods, pancakes, and other exciting breakfast items.Special Features:
- Go somewhere elseLizLobsterLoverVIPDined on 10/10/2014The service was awful. Some of the members of the party got hot food but mine was cold. The waiter can't manage more than one table at a time. The other restaurants in the area are so good that I would waste my time at this one.
- Good place for brunchbrunchDined on 8/31/2014Great place for Sunday brunch with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 201 reviews are from the Cast Iron at the Omni Fort Worth reviews archive.
- Dads Day.IdubyaDined on 6/15/2014We go here a lot and usually enjoy it.I would like to see the breakfast bar have a little more variety and have more space. It gets very backed up as there is only room for one person at a time in line. There also needs to be more space for the food. It is too crunched up especially where the bread/toast competes for space with the very small meat area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not overly impressedWant2BwowedDined on 6/14/2014Aside from not having our reservation - the entire experience was lacking "experience". Any question asked (what fish is this, what is this stuffed with, what type of meat) were all responded with "I don't know - let me ask" followed by "I don't know". Very poor job on management and the chef for not educating the staff. The buffet was not labeled and often was labeled incorrectly (scrambled eggs were chicken tenders) - lack of attention to detail. The food was delicious and despite the inefficiency the staff were all very courteous and friendly. With a little pride and guidance it could have been a fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchjnl1964Dined on 6/1/2014We tend to visit the Iron Skillet for brunch. They have the usual brunch fare, such as mimosa's and poinsettia's, an omelet station and great desserts. We've been a few times and we enjoy the food.Special Features:
- fantasticDonsan30Dined on 5/31/2014We went to have our 30 th anniversary dinner there and were treated like Kings and Queens..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed for Easter BrunchjerfetDined on 4/20/2014This was second visit to Cast Iron at Omni Hotel, Fort Worth for Easter brunch. Last time was two years ago. Here is what was different and unfortunately receives a lower grade. No ham, no carver beef (brisket instead), no Eggs Benedict, poor salad selection but had all of these two years ago. Guess what, price was higher. At $52 per person plus tip and tax - way too high for the type food provided. I'll be looking for a new place next Easter brunch. Was seated near fireplace where it got way too hot on a 75 degree day outside. My fault for accepting that location. Nice ambiance though. Overall, was definitely less pleased compared to two years ago when I would have rated it 5 stars. Two of us asked for coffee and it was barely warm.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchjaynewayneDined on 4/20/2014We usually spend every holiday at the Omni. It's one of the best buffet brunches in Fort Worth per dollar. It would be nice if the brunch were in a larger room. We were in a large group and were seated in a smaller side room with two other large groups. It was very loud due to people trying to talk to people seated at the opposite end of the tables. Anything the Omni can do to add ambience would be an improvement. Food was great. Service was great. We probably won't be bringing such a large group next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch could be better for the $$$TonyGDined on 3/30/2014Brunch was decent, but for the price we paid for 2 people ($65), it could have been significantly better. The service was slow and we were never offered refills on our drinks until we were ready to leave and the drinks had been empty for nearly 20 minutes. Everything is precooked which for a Brunch, I would expect pancakes and wafflers and omelets to be customization. Overall the food choices were not bad, but this is very overpriced for what you are actually getting as far as quality and service.Special Features:
- My Family Loved it!bibiDined on 3/16/2014I went with my husband and kids. We were greeted well and our waitress did an awesome job! We went for Sunday brunch, there was a wide selection of food for both grown-ups and kids. I liked that they have kids food corner. We definitely go back with familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerDiner35Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I were looking for a nice place for a quiet, enjoyable dinner to celebrate our 35th anniversary. And the Cast Iron really filled the bill. The place was not crowded when we arrived so it was fairly quiet, but it had filled up by the time we left and the noise level was still quite comfortable. Our waiter was helpful but not intrusive. The menu is not long, but includes something for everyone. I had salmon and my husband had steak and we were both pleased with our meals. We shared a dessert for our celebration, and the restaurant didn't charge us to help us with our celebration, which was a real treat. We both highly recommend this place for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Valentine DinnerAyalaDined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation dinner for my wife and I at the Cast Iron in the Omni Hotel. We were very impressed with the service and ambiance. The food was good, but not great. A little pricey, but a great place for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE!pickydinersDined on 2/2/2014My wife and I eat out quite a bit, however, our eating habits are different. I'm a "meat and potatoes" man, and she's a very heath conscious eater (salad, veggies, fish, etc.). So it is seldom that we enjoy dining experiences (where the food itself is concerned) to the same degree. One always has to compromise for the other. But not this time. Not only was the ambience, food selections and service top notch, but for the first time in a very long time, we BOTH immensely enjoyed the food! Everything on the buffet was fresh, well presented and absolutely delicious! It is rare that you find the food to be so fresh in the last hour of a brunch/buffet, so we were thoroughly impressed and will certainly be back. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Modern Texas Fare, Moderate PpekifreakDined on 2/1/2014The menu is comprised of such a wonderful take on Texas favorites that it was hard for me to choose, but I couldn't have gone wrong with any of the selections. We had a group of six on a Saturday evening and they put us in a side room where the noise level was zero. The ambiance was comfortable and classy. The service was excellent as well. For what we got, the price was a deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fort Worth Brunchbrunchfor2Dined on 1/19/2014Cast Iron lived up to the reviews for a great brunch. Great food, service and atmosphere. Access is fantastic with the valet. Hotel is beautiful. Looking forward to trying the other restaurants here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for brunchsarocaDined on 1/19/2014We were at th hotel for my 60th birthday. We started at the Cast Iron for brunch. It was very nice. The waiter Jose was wonderful. Even had him the next morning for breakfast. The Cast Iron was the outstanding part of our stay at the hotel I noted on the reservation form I had food allergies and when I arrived the manager walked with me to show me what food I could and should not eat. I felt that was outstanding attention to customer service,.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday brunch!NICKDined on 12/29/2013The Cast Iron in the Omni is an ideal setting for a Sunday brunch. The setting is relaxed, the offerings are varied and delicious, and the service is attentive, yet not obtrusive. The price is about average for this kind of meal. Valet parking is available at a steeply discounted price, which makes arrival and departure easy and convenient. I certainly plan to return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- downtown gemtxjuliDined on 12/25/2013The holiday meal at the cast iron was really good. My husband had the buffalo which was beautifully prepared and presented. I had the trout, an unfortunate choice ss it was prepared with vegetables in s bag, yet the skin was still on the fish and was all over the veghied. However the server and chef immediately made it correct for giving me a choice of another dish. I chose the pheasant which was amazing. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAnonymousDined on 12/21/2013This had to be our server's first night. He took our drink order and then came back to ask me what I wanted to drink! Duh? Then, he came back to see if we wanted to order an appetizer. My husband told him he had already ordered one. When we were eating our entree, he slipped the dessert menu under our spoons. Before we were even finished our entrees, he came back and asked if we wanted to order dessert. Talk about being rushed!! To take the cake, we were the only table occupied in the whole restaurant!!! Food and atmosphere were great, and they did have a kid's menu. Waiter had no personality!!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchMishDined on 12/15/2013My husband and I went here for a date day for Sunday brunch. It was AMAZING! There was so many different kinds of food to try and everything was delicious. The service was wonderful and prompt, my water glass and mimosa glass were never empty. We both left very well fed and in need of some exercise. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday brunch!DrrogiVIPDined on 12/1/2013Consistent, diverse quality breakfast and lunch menu options. Great value for money. A Fort Worth treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a price too farFreekorpsDined on 11/28/2013The food was very good and diverse but perhaps a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Place Like HomeChusieDined on 11/28/2013We decided on Thanksgiving dinner out this year which included the important considerations of a small child. The service at Cast Iron was friendly, courteous and attentive without being interruptive and hovering. The dining tables had ample space between them so that one didn't feel imposed upon by neighboring diners and their conversation. The food selections were plentiful and tasty, with the desert table especially exciting, but turkey dinner under warming lights just can't measure up to one prepared in my own kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Omni ThanksgivingTXHokieDined on 11/28/2013Family ate T-giving at the Cast Iron @ the Omni. We were in the final seating - 2:30 PM. Overall the quality of the food was outstanding and the ambience excellent. However, there were several very disappointing items: 1. When other diners finished their meal and left, the staff started folding their tables up and moving them out - while we continued to sit and eat right next to them! Talk about feeling rushed! 2. They began to run out of certain food items and when we asked about them we were told, "Sorry we are out - we had plenty earlier." 3. An 18% gratuity was added to our bill - for a party of 4? While the service was fine - plates taken away almost immediately upon standing - this was not a "full service" dining experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeMoosbearDined on 11/28/2013This is was our first visit to Cast Iron - having attempted reservations too late the past two years. We attended based on a review (consistently good) in the Fort Worth Star Telegram. We were not disappointed. Leave room for the food. The meal was excellent with a few current trendy items and some traditional. Excellent seafood alternatives also. We'll definitely come again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to brunch before BassOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/24/2013We had a lovely brunch before heading to Bass Hall for an early afternoon performance. I am usually skeptical about hotel restaurants, so Cast Iron was a nice surprise. Very nice, yet comfortable and casual atmosphere, great brunch selection, very good coffee (big with us), and our server gave us just the right amount of attention. Would definitely recommend and return.Special Features:
- Not at all what I expectedMelGoDined on 11/24/2013I am a huge brunch fan and was excited to give this place a try after reading some of the reviews and hearing positives about the Omni and Cast Iron by word of mouth. However, I was HIGHLY disappointed. The food was amazingly over priced for the amount and quality. It was nothing more than a glorified hotel breakfast buffet (which I have even had better than this!). The free mimosas were also not worth the price. I have had better options in other restuarants. I will definitely not rush to go back or would not recomend taking anyone there as an out of town brunch experience. Really really disappointed. Save your money and try out local diner or even a Waffle House or IHOP (both of which I am not a huge fan of either).
- Family ReunionJeffGenaDined on 10/24/2013First time there, it was quiet so we could talk without having to yell over the noise. Since my sister was in from out of town this was great so we could leisurely talk. The staff did not rush us, so the evening was a total success at catching up in our small family reunion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch!!DrrogiVIPDined on 10/20/2013Great variety of foods to appease any palate. Complementary mimosa top of the end of a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchLAWRENCEDined on 10/13/2013Great restaurant for Sunday brunch before a Bass Hall performance. Valet parking is validated by the restaurant. Great food selections and mimosasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2013Can't beat the price for such a selection. Unlimited Mimosas, carving station, 2 entrees that change, omelet station, breakfast bar, dessert bar, shrimp, apps, and salad all for $28.95. Food was great as well as the service. Been here often and will continue to go back.Special Features:
- We had a great time.chattycatDined on 7/20/2013We loved the food described as "southern comfort food". We were not disappointed and especially enjoyed the salmon and the chicken pot pie! I love champagne and they have White Star by the glass, no less! It is perfect for a large group of friends. We were in a quiet spot where we could visit despite our group size. The service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a little overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/16/2013The buffet was pretty tasty; I thought it was a little bit overpriced.Special Features:
- Just what I asked forJodyDined on 6/14/2013I planned a business lunch and it came off perfectly. Thanks to the Cast Iron staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedTwoboyzzmomDined on 5/31/2013The service at this restaurant was decent, but the food was not very good. Of the 4 of us, 2 thought it was ok, and 2 were disappointed,
- Nice BrunchCarolAnnDined on 5/19/2013Brunch buffet was nice. Salad bar great. Could offer more breakfast selections, and have sturdier tongs. Service was excellent! Bottomless mimosa for the price was very good. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth $28FudsnawbDined on 5/19/2013It was ok for a buffet, the staff made sure everything was replenished -nothing ever looked old. The buffet food was so so, the asparagus was the highlight- blackened chicken-that wasnt blackened,was in a cream sauce, was ok. The buffet eggs, tasted powdered,bacon was undercooked. The pork loin was lukewarm,the accompanying whiskey sauce was dreadful.The desserts were not very good at all, It would have been nice if they had put nametags out - and there were NO Chocolate desserts!Ordered vegetable omlettes from the menu, they were freakishly,inflated (pancake batter?) few veggies. Breakfast the next day at the DFW Hyatt was superb!. I wont be back, or recommend Cast Iron for brunch. It is forgotten as soon as I close this page.
- Mother's day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013We were actually seated early which was great. Great selection and quality was really good. Will go back often. Service was exceptional for a brunch.Special Features:
- LOST IN SPACEKlassyDined on 5/12/2013This was my third Mother's Day Brunch and unfortunate I will choose another place next year due to this last experience. The food was good but not as good as previous visits, you ran out of your famous bread pudding, my waiter was gone away from my table so long my coffee was cold because I was waiting for him to return with cream and sugar, my water glass was empty long enough to get DRY and to and injury to insult...my party of 7 was charged $62 gratuity for SERVICE! I've enjoyed my other previous visits with you all but $371 is a bit much to walk away disappointed. I hope this review will serve in helping you return to the quality service and food I had grown accustomed to. I will give it a test run after church one Sunday.Special Features: