Cassis at the Grand Hyatt
3300 Peachtree Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cassis at the Grand Hyatt
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandatlanta.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 4043643933
- Hours of Operation:
Cassis Restaurant offers a contemporary menu, with a Southern flair, inspired by the culinary talents of Executive Chef Thomas McKeown. Enjoy selections from our grand buffet or a la carte menu for breakfast and exquisite lunch menu daily. Cassis offers holiday meals for the entire family. Join us for Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving,Valentines and New Year’s Eve Breakfast - Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday 6:30am – 11:30am, Lunch – 11:00am – 2:00pm Daily Onyx At The Grand - Bar&lounge is a great place to enjoy friends and colleagues after a long meeting or flight. Enjoy your favorite cocktail, martini, imported or domestic beer, or wine in view of our 30’ waterfall in the beautifully landscaped Japanese Gardens. Choose one of many freshly prepared appetizers or Entrees.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas McKeown
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy an unforgettable celebration at Grand Hyatt Atlanta. Located in the heart of exclusive Buckhead, our facility offers more than just a ceremony and reception. It's a chance to gather with friends and family, partaking in all that Buckhead has to offer, from world-renowned spas, restaurants, and shopping. Whether you desire a casual reception or a formal gala, allow us to make your event the experience of a lifetime, with services including wedding specialists, a tempting array of food and beverage, and your choice of venues throughout the hotel, including indoor and outdoor.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities include the Cascade room and Cassis A and Cassis B, both overlooking the patio and 30 foot waterfall located in the beautifully landscaped Japanese Gardens. The rooms are conducive to receptions, dinners, or business meetings, lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Chirichella 4043643933
- Special Events: Holiday Brunches - Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Chef's Tables, Special Valentine's Day Dinner.
- Cross Street: Piedmont
- Public Transit: Convenient access to and from Marta Transit's Buckhead station which is less than one block away. "The Buc" shuttle also provides convenient, fast and frequent service throughout the Buckhead community 7am - 7pm, seven days per week.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet and self parking available. Self Parking is validated with a two drink minimum in Onyx Lounge or Cassis.
A word from Cassis at the Grand Hyatt
At Grand Hyatt Atlanta, enjoy a selection of dining options that delights every palate. For breakfast and lunch, select Cassis Restaurant, featuring contemporary cuisine with a southern flair. Join us in Onyx Lounge with business associates and enjoy premium cocktails, spirits, and wines. Choose from a variety of imported and domestic beers and microbrews. Treat yourself to a plate of Spicy Chicken Wings or Mediterranean Platter at Onyx. For breakfast or lunch, you can easily make your reservations ahead of time with our innovative E-concierge service. Simply book your hotel reservations at www.grandhyattatlanta.com and request an email confirmation. You will receive an email from our General Manager, detailing the many amenities you may reserve in advance of your arrival. Reserve a private dining room or request that the hotel concierge book tickets to an area attraction. Our concierge will be happy to assist you with any other reservations you may needContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cassis at the Grand Hyatt reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (8)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Love Cassis!AllisonDined on 7/31/2014Food is always great. It is always a quiet atmosphere perfect for meetings. Service is always top notch. It's a little oasis away from the office. My only complaint is that sometimes that food can take a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceMercergirlDined on 7/18/2014We had the most wonderful server here....so attentive and friendly! Great breakfast, too.Special Features:
- Great timeFoodnaticVIPDined on 5/18/2014We had a great time there food was delicious and our servers were very attentive and friendly. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the brunch!JenADined on 5/11/2014We had our wedding brunch there, and this time had our Mother's Day brunch. Loved it - plenty of food choices, and very nice quality. There was something for everyone in our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip the pricey brunchBBakerVIPDined on 5/11/2014We chose this mother's day brunch due to jazz entertainment. Could not be more disappointed as the ensemble was in the buffet area over 75 yards away.heard only when getting food. Paid more for entertainment....but didn't hear ensemble at all from our cubby room. They should have had speakers in seatong area. A lot of yummy $30 offers out there for moms day....that's what we will do next year.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch buffetzurboDined on 5/11/2014Went here for a Mother's day brunch and the food was excellent. Good raw bar, nice juicy beef tenderloin, good ice cream (dessert was a little disappointing).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchAgrobVIPDined on 5/11/2014Very overpriced. Poor signage on stations. Service at table for coffee or juice was atrocious. Had a couple of older folks w walkers would have been nice if they had a roving waitperson to help. Had to make separate trips to accommodate getting their plate. Again for the price compared to other fine venues would choose someplace else
- The following 69 reviews are from the Cassis at the Grand Hyatt reviews archive.
- Better Different, Great ExperienceLiveToEatDined on 4/20/2014First time to the Hyatt, wanted to try one of the premium brunches for Easter and Cassis was the one. The table was ready on time with no wait, staff exceptional. The best for us was the cheese and charcuterie station....all except one cheese comes from regional, small farmers. Executive Chef Thomas McKeown was on-hand to explain the various selections. Each station was manned by the cooking staff, salad station, sushi oyster and smoked salmon; a craving station, with lamb and filet; fresh fruit smoothie station/fresh fruit plates. Of course you had breads, pastries, waffles, made to order eggs and all the breakfast trimmings. Bottom line, a family meal with an experience of some new, exciting foods; all exceptionally done.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013This was our third year dining for Thanksgiving. The service has always been impeccable. We like the ambience. It is serene with a beautiful view of the waterfall in the patio. The culinary presentation is beautiful and the food is very good. We have always enjoyed a delightful experience in dining here.Special Features:
- Cassis Did Not Excite!MintDined on 5/12/2013I went to Cassis for Mothers Day Brunch and I just was not excited from the moment we walked in. I walked in and it looked very banquet like. No ambiance. The food was ok. The champagne in my cranberry mimosa was of a horrible quality. There were several other places I could have gone for the price and would have enjoyed them. I will not return to Cassis.
- Unacceptable to be placedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013Unacceptable to be placed in an isolated side room next to the cash register for a 12:30 PM reservation Easter Buffet.
- Average overpriced hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/19/2013Went for a business lunch with colleagues. Decent, overpriced food in a spot that lacks much ambiance. Servers were very attentive with drink refills but lacked basic knowledge of the menu and were not proactive in seeking any answers from the chef. I would recommend several other options in the area for lunch before Cassis: e.g., Bricktops, Bones, Capital Grille, Buckhead Diner.
- Not a destination locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2013Over priced for the food. Although it was good, I don't think it was worth $30 per person for lunch.
- Had a great Christmas DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Had a great Christmas Day experience. Staff was very accomodating and Christmas cheering. Menu was perfect for occasion. View of garden was very nice. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Reasonable priced 4 coursecpcJimDined on 12/25/2012Reasonable priced 4 course Christmas dinner featuring melt in you mouth prime rib and a great soup starter.
- Lack of holiday or brunch appeal foOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2012The holiday menu was not appealing for the season. I was looking forward to a holiday brunch buffet and was offered a four course menu that did not attract me or my guest. The atmosphere and decor had a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- This was our second time forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012This was our second time for Thanksgiving dinner. The service and food were excellent. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- The Cassis was okay. I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2012The Cassis was okay. I was expecting more, based on its website. I was expecting Sunday brunch, but the menu was typical, hotel breakfast fare. If I were staying in the Grand Hyatt, I probably would eat breakfast there, but I wouldn't eat there otherwise. I'm not from Atlanta, but I feel sure that there are excellent places for Sunday brunch there. On the positive side. It was my friend's birthday, and they brought him a cupcake.
- We went near closing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012We went near closing time and experienced no delays. The service was top notch. The food and outdoor dining are certainly in the category of Atlanta's best.Special Features:
- I think you should have moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I think you should have more variety of side dishes with meat selectionsSpecial Features:
- Went for mothers day. YouOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Went for mothers day. You cannot hear the jazz in the dining room. Music was in the buffet room.
- Wonderful Special Ocassion VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The food was way above par. The kid stations were well suited for shorter heights (and my daughter loved the cupcake decorating and candy bags). Service was very prompt and responsive. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Pleasant staff, brunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/8/2012Pleasant staff, brunch buffet far away and spread out, appeared to be spread out to give the effect of more food choices than were there. Food a little bland. A good, but not great, Easter Brunch.
- I would have appreciated ifSnackVIPDined on 4/1/2012I would have appreciated if the waterfall had been activated as this is one of the reasons that this restaurant came so highly recommended.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Excellent food and service, and great waterfall/courtyard view. Very quiet for late lunch. Sit near window for waterfall view, which would be lighted at night.Special Features:
- Really Just a Hotel RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Cassis tries for a special, hearty foodie vibe with its chef-inspired menu offerings, but falls somewhat short. I had a pleasant Valentine's Day lunch there, but at a woefully high price. With one hostess and one server on duty, this is not a busy spot; service was super-friendly. I had the tomato and basil parparadelle. The sauce was a pleasant cream-based concoction, and the veggies were executed with varying degrees of success. Not really even up to par with Italian chain restaurants, sadly. My date had an imaginative trout dish which was plated like a Napoleon and topped with crab and a citrus marmalade. Dessert was a Mexican hot chocolate trifle, which was neither Mexican nor hot. It was, however, a trifle. Very hit-and-miss.Special Features:
- Loud. VERY loud.NicknameVIPDined on 12/27/2011Construction going on outside. LOUD. No apologies, no explanations, just the constant sound of some type of stone saw throughout a $50 lunch. Awful.
- I had what was, by far, oneOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/16/2011I had what was, by far, one of THE best breakfast meals at a hotel. And that's being compared to Four Seasons Manele Bay and the Kahala (former Mandarin Oriental) on Lanai and Oahu, respectively.Special Features:
- The service was exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2011The service was exceptional. For work we stay in Hyatt's all the time and this was the first time that our wait staff talked to us and got to know us while we were dining. They were on top of the drinks and even took care of my salad for me because the dressing was wrong. Very impressed.Special Features:
- Great Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/20113rd Time we have had Mothers Day Brunch, outstanding time. Great, food, and staff. Be sure to get your tables early for Mothers Day.Special Features:
- They had an amazing Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/8/2011They had an amazing Mother's Day brunch. While the restaurant does not normally do brunch, they went out of their way to make this one great. If they did this regularly, I would attend more often. The executive chef was wandering and talking to all of the guests. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Only water was included withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2011Only water was included with brunch. I wish they would have been more clear that tea, coffee, and juice would all be extra.Special Features:
- Food was great. But we didOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/13/2011Food was great. But we did miss the full brunch. They now just offer a breakfast buffet.Special Features:
- we went to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2011we went to the restaurant and we were the only people there. While the service was great and the food was great, the staff certainly was waiting for us to leave so that they could go homeSpecial Features:
- Restaurant was very quietMariettaDaveDined on 12/28/2010Restaurant was very quiet and not busy, I believe due to time of year - we were there for lunch just after Christmas. The three of us all enjoyed the Cobb salad, which was freshly made, and each of us enjoyed a different soup - Chicken Tortilla, Butternut Squash, and Onion. The tortilla and squash soups were finished at the table, putting the soup stock into the soup bowl....a great touch, and allows you to know it is freshly made.Special Features:
- We were looking for a placeBonnieYDined on 12/25/2010We were looking for a place to enjoy Christmas brunch. While Cassis did not have a holiday buffet, the restaurant was quiet and the view breathtaking out onto their Japanese garden and waterfall. Our starters were amazing, I had the healthy tomato/white bean soup, and my husband the tortilla soup: both outstanding in flavor. However, the real decadence was the shrimp & grits with Vidalia onion appetizer: a creamy flavor bomb that oozed goodness. After that, I didn't have much room, but forced myself to eat the lovely english-style club sandwich. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the fish of the day. Service wise, it was a little slow, but considering this was Christmas, the restaurant was probably understaffed. Good choice for brunch!Special Features:
- Cassis is a favorite breakfastProsperityIIDined on 10/2/2010Cassis is a favorite breakfast spot, and the atmosphere/environment allows one to feel that they're taking a break from the 'maddening, concrete world.' The staff is always gracious, and on this visit with a friend - the (omelette) chef stopped by to make sure we were enjoying our meal. As a result, she tried an omelette that she labeled 'delicious!' The food is well prepared and well displayed. I'm not big on buffets, but always enjoy breakfast here. Well-done Cassis!Special Features:
- Eclectic innovative food.HenryVIPDined on 7/24/2010Eclectic innovative food. Perfect size mini-tetra desserts. Attentive and friendly service.Special Features:
- food was good, not as bigbobbyDined on 5/9/2010food was good, not as big a selection as Ritz,but what was there was good.Discount for seniors (31 vs 59), which was good for us.Separate seating room for large groups with kids,so we had a nice quiet brunch.$13 for valet seemed a little steepSpecial Features:
- We had a party of 11 on EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010We had a party of 11 on Easter Sunday and it was absolutely wonderful! I had never been to Cassis and was very surprised at the beautifully displayed buffet, the variety of foods, and the detailed presentation from the salads to the desserts. It was a lot of fun for the kids too!Special Features: