Cassidy's Restaurant & Bar
1331 SW Washington St.
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cassidy's Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cassidysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (503) 223-0054
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Sam Reed
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering for intimate dinners up to receptions for hundreds.
A word from Cassidy's Restaurant & Bar
A Portland favorite since 1979, Cassidy's Restaurant is located in a historic building in the heart of downtown Portland, within walking distance of major hotels and steps from the Crystal Ballroom. Cassidy's menu features creative regional cuisine of local seafood, premium-cut meats, and fresh pasta. We offer a well-chosen winelist, a beer selection including the best microbrews, classic cocktails and a bar that has earned its reputation as one of the finest in town--all in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cassidy's Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- The perfect BurgerJeanstersDined on 11/21/2014This restaurant was recommended by a foodie friend who was in the restaurant business for 20 years. My husband and son both had the Hamburger during Happy Hour and both agreed it was the best burger they had ever eaten. Juicy, perfectly cooked and pure. The happy hour had a very nice selection of foods and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly GoodtcauseyDined on 11/6/2014Didn't know what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Although the restaurant was not very busy so it's hard say what the experience would be on a more popular night. Food was tasty and priced appropriately. I did order a stuffed ravioli dish which was warm at best. Considered sending it back for a warm up but it was so tasty I decided I didn't care. Definitely worth checking this place out.Special Features:
- Good service, Good foodchinaeyes13VIPDined on 9/29/2014We enjoyed our dinner, we ordered steamers clams, beef & pork ravioli, and gnocchi bolognese. All very tasty and delicious. Our server was friendly and attentive. The clams were done perfectly and the broth was so good, we had to ration the bread. We were of course offered more bread but didn't want to fill up on carbs as we ordered pasta. The ravioli was presented well with a heaping pile of rocket leaves which paired nicely. The gnocchi was a touch over done but still tasted good the next day. Our meal was also quite reasonable priced. We will definitely be coming back for more!Special Features:
- Real downtown diningCoolbreezeVIPDined on 9/27/2014Cassidy's serves splendid, straight-forward food in an inauspicious location, on Washington St. near 14th, across the street from De Paul Center. The upside is the lack of pretension of the street and the homeyness of the restaurant. Service was personal, attentive and genuine. The atmosphere is plain dark wood, and the bar has an established, woody feel. Our meal was excellent.
- After Theater DinnerpdxdinerDined on 9/21/2014The food was excellent and the service friendly and informative. The restaurant had a very comfortable feel to it. We could easily carry on our conversation even with others at tables nearby. Much preferred over the boisterous patrons at so many other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy foodtlips4Dined on 9/20/2014Nice variety of menu...food tasted great..would go back again!Special Features:
- Tasty food and great servcieDCDinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014I enjoyed the food and thought the service was excellent. The ambiance was a bit lacking as the restaurant was almost completely empty on a Wednesday evening.
- Excellent RestaurantMGI13Dined on 8/4/2014I was told about this restaurant by my parents, who have known the owner for decades. After saving enough money (slightly expensive) my date and I had an early dinner here. The staff and owner are wonderful people and the service was perfect. The food came very swiftly (didn't have time to fully enjoy my perfectly cooked kalamari). I was 200% satisfied with my dinner even after cringing at the bill, but it was well worth the money. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves great service, no noise, a great view of the streets of Portland, and of course some of the best food in Portland. Shout out to Bob Cassidy, the owner. Way to go man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Cassidy's Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Always great foodCandyDined on 6/7/2014We go several times a year before the theater and Cassidy's is great. I especially appreciate it when they change their menu with new and interesting items. A few years ago they had the best lemon mashed potatoes, but haven't seen it since.Special Features:
- Slow kitchenGreatLifeDined on 4/26/2014The food was good. The waitress was nice. The kitchen was extremely slow. The restaurant was half empty but it took almost an hour for our food to come out.Special Features:
- A gem of a restaurantMissFussyDined on 4/19/2014Chef Anthony has magic fingers, making all the food beyond tasty. I am looking forward to my next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eaten here on severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2014We have eaten here on several occasions, but we were somewhat disappointed in plates we had on this occasion for a variety of reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food--KwelbDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I went to a concert at The Crystal Ballroom and chose this restaurant online because it looked close enough to walk. It was very close, right around the corner, which was great since it was raining and we didn't have far to go. The restaurant is older with dark walls and pretty stained glass, we liked it because of that, the bar had a nice older feel and set up as well. We felt very comfortable here and ended up coming back after the concert for a beer while they called us a cab back to our motel. Very friendly staff and great service. I orderd the spirelli and it was really really good! I will order that again next time. My husband ordered a burger and fries and said they were very good too. We both would come back--Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before the showotterDined on 3/8/2014Adequate food and good service. Good for in a rush before seeing a show at Hatfield, Schnitzer orArtists Rep.
- ImaginationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/27/2014I love the diversity of the reasonably priced menu. We have been to Cassidys several times and the menu always has subtle changes in addition to dishes they really do well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentARTdrivendinerDined on 2/22/2014Went to Cassidy's the other night late (around 10pm). I was happy it was open, but could have been happier. I ordered the fresh pasta, which was decent. It might have helped if I could see what I was eating. The place was very dimly lit. My bread was also a little more bitter than I'd prefer. All in all I would consider going there again, but I'm not in any rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking Forward to Going BacktigerdgDined on 2/14/2014This is a gem of a restaurant with good food, outstanding service and reasonable prices. We went to celebrate Valentine's Day. We had the same waitress as the year before (and hadn't been in between) and she even remembered us. We look forward to returning there next Valentine's Day.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!sopdxDined on 2/14/2014I've been going to Cassidy's for nearly 40 years and it continues to be a friendly bar/restaurant with wonderful food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school barFlamingoagogoDined on 12/31/2013We stopped in New Year's Eve for dinner. The restaurant wasn't full but the bar sure was. Lots of fun to be had here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedciboDined on 12/31/2013We were attending a Pink Martini Concert that evening and we choose Cassidy’s for dinner before the show. It was an old building with great character. The food menu was a list of daily choices. The choices were good however; I thought more of a variety would have been better. The dishes mainly consisted of meat, chicken, salads and a few fish options. With much disappointment, mainly all the dishes contain some pork product. Outside the salad and onion soup, the hamburger was the only thing non pork. I thought the portion sizes were quiet small. The food we ordered was good, but nothing jumped off the page to say that WOW factor.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2013We enjoyed our second visit to Cassidy's over the holidays. Met a couple from home (Davis, CA) who were also visiting a had a great meal. The staff is attentive and friendly, and the food well well-prepared and presented. It was my wife's birthday, and I mentioned that fact in my reservation on open table. They brought her dessert with a lit candle in it. Nice touch, and no embarrassing song. thanks We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under my radarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/26/2013We have been eating out in Portland for 40 yrs and bave never even heard of Cassidy's. I found it on line. It met the criteria of being close to the Max. My husband loved the beet salad and the mushroom crepes! I ordered the grilled romaine salad and the seafood stew. We consider ourselves foodies. One dissapointment was that the bar was out of rum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One time onlyBritDined on 12/14/2013Waited 70 minutes for our meal. Didn't expect anything to be comped, but had hoped the waiter would at least apologize when he gave us the check. Food was okay. Pork had 2 inches of fat, making the remaining inch a small portion of edible meat. Potato gratin was weird and did not taste good. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Not what I was expectingFoodiefoodieDined on 11/1/2013Unfortunately this wasn't a restaurant that I could say I would return to...maybe it just didn't match my expectations from the website. I was meeting my husband for a date night, we both had the steak with leek bread pudding, and grilled romaine salad. Neither of us cared for the leek bread pudding (seemed over cooked and the flavored did t work for us), the steak was terribly over salted but the glaze was good. The salad was quite good, but overall this just wasn't worth it for us. It would be more of a place to hang out at the bar or have a burger....not a romantic dinner.
- Lit up a dreary nightluvsbroadwayDined on 10/2/2013I took my mother and sister to Cassidy's this week. We were looking for a restaurant close to the theatre and one that was reasonably priced. We were not disappointed with Cassidy's! The food was very good and service was excellent. Many years ago my husband and I ate at Cassidy's. I'm glad to say that the experience was just as pleasant. I would only suggest that they update their menu to include a few Vegan options.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beYamaguchiDined on 9/20/2013We used to eat here regularly years ago. We won't be coming back. Went with friends before a Timbers game because of the location. Two people ordered onion soup. It tasted really weird. But the hamburger I ordered just tasted so off that after 2 bites I wouldn't eat any more. Took it home to my dog. One friend ordered the calamari and it was so bad she refused to eat it too. The chicken another person ordered was just so-so. We ordered drinks which came in a timely manner but then had to wait 15 minutes for the soup and salads. After they cleared those dishes away we had to wait about 20 minutes to get our main courses. Pretty bad.
- Just OKAliciaBDined on 6/29/2013Service was excellent. Quiet with only 4 other people there. Pork shoulder was dry and the white bean purée was not good. Short ribs were more like pot roast which was in expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BurgerRestatsVIPDined on 6/10/2013We went for a drink and a hamburger and everything was perfect. It is very comfortable to sit and enjoy our meal and the service was outstanding. Nothing fancy just exceptionally comfortable.Special Features:
- It's all about the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2013This is a terrific restaurant. The building is older, but loaded with character. The furnishings are basic, and the bar is quite nice. But the real attraction here is the food. We had a cocktail, glass of wine, soup, a halibut entrée, ravioli (veal and pork), and some delicious homemade ice cream. Everything was cooked perfectly, and the sauces were subtle, allowing the food itself to shine through. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotmikeDined on 5/6/2013I've been to Cassidy's several times now and love it there. Casual with class without the pretense, the food looks and tastes great. Good wine. Jazz. Excellent value. What's not to like? Check it out you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!CurriersDined on 5/5/2013I had read all the reviews online for every dining option around the Crystal Ballroom and Cassidy's had the best reviews and we certainly know why! Reservations were so easy on line. The feel of the old building had such a charm that it made you feel so warm and welcomed. Our Server was so helpful and fabulous. He was just outstanding! The reviews of parking once and walk to your concert was absolutely true! We didn't walk far but around the corner.. It was a great spot to be. The Food oh my! I ordered their pork sandwich and it was the best tasting pulled pork I have ever had. All the yummy things they put on that sandwich just made your mouth enjoy it even more. I LOVED the fresh and natural cut french fries. So great. ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food I think I've everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Best food I think I've ever had! My new splurge restaurant, but still reasonable prices.Special Features:
- A wonderful Portland tradition.TeasipperDined on 3/9/2013A wonderful Portland tradition. Great food. The only downside is getting into the place through the hoards of smokers crowding the sidewalks (bars on both sides).Special Features:
- The service was impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013The service was impeccable (relaxed, yet timely) and the ambiance was old-school classy. We ordered the beet salad to start and it was wonderful. Even though we asked to split the salad, the portions were huge. Both my husband and I ordered the braised beef short ribs and a glass of Kunde Cab Sauv that accompanied the meal well. We even splurged for dessert, getting the chocolate/caramel pot de creme and pineapple ice cream. Both were yummy! We loved the experience and the dinner was affordable considering the amount and quality of food and the great service.Special Features:
- The homemade ice cream istigerdgDined on 2/14/2013The homemade ice cream is a must-try. It reminds one of Italian gelato, so flavorful and smooth. The entrees while quite good, could have been a little warmer.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was decentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013The atmosphere was decent and the service was good if a tad overeager, however the food was not worth the $38 dollar price tag. We ordered 1 soup, 1 salad, and split an entree, plus the drinks we had were non alcoholic, yet it really wasn't up to par. It felt more like a bar trying to be survive with all of the modern upper class establishments popping up around it. Overall it wasn't terrible but we will not be returning as there are far better selections near to it.
- There was 4 of us and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2013There was 4 of us and everyone had a difference entree. All 4 of us enjoyed our dinners. I had the beet salad and the shorty ribs. So very tasty. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, there forever,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great restaurant, there forever, one of the nicest owners in the city. We went with a group including a five-year-old for a New Years'/birthday celebration and had a great time.Special Features:
- The food at Cassidy's wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/5/2012The food at Cassidy's was fantastic. Unfortunately, the restaurant smelled like old cigarette smoke. We couldn't tell whether this was because it's been around for such a long time that there's a lingering odor, or if it's because a group of people smoke outside. Nevertheless, the smell was pretty distracting after living in a smoke-free state for such a long time. We'll go back because we loved the food and got fabulous service.Special Features:
- If you haven't gone go nowMichaelVIPDined on 7/26/2012Great bartenders the chef if amazing. I travel for work and this is one of my favorite places on the West Coast nowSpecial Features: