377 Broad St
Bloomfield, NJ 07003Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casserole-bistro.com/
- Phone: 2017423529x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Johnny Arango
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Bloomfield Restaurant Week
We're Cooking Up Something Special!!
Enjoy Prix Fixe Menu for Lunch and Dinner
AUGUST 3 - 9, 2014
A word from Casserole Bistro
Casserole Bistro is a taste of the whole world. Chef Johnny Arango's best dishes. All dishes are made fresh to order. Whether it's Italian cuisine you are looking for, or International flare, Casserole Bistro has it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casserole Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (4)good for groups (2)romantic (1)Show More
- DinernearhomeDined on 8/9/2014Food and service were excellent.. Our entree was excellent...the fish was very fresh and perfectly baked. The sage mushrooms a perfect addition. The dessert finished the meal perfectly. Portion size was appropriate. We left feeling just right! I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseglitzgranDined on 8/9/2014First time for all in my party. One of my fellow diners said the trout filet was amongst the best meal that they have ever eaten. My chicken was not up to that standard, too salty for my taste, however still a good meal. Restaurant week dinner menu choices were impressive. The service was impressive and we will go back.Special Features:
- overwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/7/2014It was Bloomfield Restaurant Week and we tried a "new" restaurant. They have a very ambitious regular menu and very short and uninteresting restaurant week menu. It took an hour to get our appetizer! It is a small restaurant with not enough staff. A simplified menu would make the kitchen able to turn out food in a more reasonable time.
- Meeting up with FriendsWinstonDined on 7/26/2014The resturant is cozy and filled to capacity on a Saturday night. Not sure why it took our server about 30 minutes to come to our table to obtain our orders. It was a good thing that we all had catching up to do since we have ot seen each other in ages. The meal did take a long time to come out but the chef came out later to explain that they create each dish fresh. The food was good but not sure if it was worth all the wait.Special Features:
- Food was wonderfulMAS2013VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was fabulous, the chef/owner came out at the end and went to each table. I know the food is prepared one at a time and it shows it, but on a Saturday evening he needs another server, we arrived at 7:30 and did not get our appetizer until almost 9pm, but I understand and the food speaks for itself how much time it takes to prepare each dish but maybe with another server the orders could have been taken a bit sooner, BUT I AM GOING BACKSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014Casserole is a fabulous restaurant!! The food is outstanding, both in appearance and taste. This is a truly a gem!Special Features:
- Serindipitous FindlynnaDined on 7/5/2014My group of 5 friends go out to a BYOB dinner at least once every 6 months. We decided to try this restaurant for the simple yet delicious menu and we weren't disappointed! Casserole Bistro is a small, cozy, elegant yet inexpensive restaurant -- a great place to take a special someone or dine with friends. The food was excellent and well presented. The service from our waiter Adam was superb although the wait time was average. Chef Johnny came out to talk to us about how his restaurant started and that we can call in ahead of time if we have any food requests outside the menu such as Osso Buco etc. If you want a nice ambiance, good food and an overall splendid time without breaking the bank, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Casserole bistroShari1771Dined on 6/7/2014We tried many appies which were quite fun, unique, and tasty. The skirt steak and special trout fish dish were delicious. My only complaint is that it took so long to receive the appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find in BloomfieldAnniebVIPDined on 5/31/2014We dined at Casserole Bistro on 5/31. We love to find new places to try and this restaurant more than exceeded our expectations. From the shrimp garlic, to the crab cake, to the blackened salmon and then then chocolate molten cake, we couldn't stop raving about the food. The Chef/Owner Johnny is gracious and comes out to greet the diners. We enjoyed talking with the Chef and had a fabulous dinner. We are already looking forward to returning soon and absolutely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Casserole Bistro reviews archive.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/17/2014Casserole is superb! The food is amazing, as is the chef!Special Features:
- What's in a name?LinribDined on 4/30/2014Food was great, chef was wonderful to talk with. Been ther three times already!! Not a casserole to be found.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, theElizabethDined on 4/12/2014The food was wonderful, the service was very good and I also liked the music they played there. Was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casserole--good, not noteworthystellaDined on 2/22/2014Restaurant had nice, clean decor. Staff was outstanding in service. It was nice and quiet. The food? Just adequate, not outstanding in any way. Best dish was the appetiser of stuffed mushroomSpecial Features:
- Excellent People and Terrific FoodwinedanddinedVIPDined on 2/9/2014My girlfriend and I have dined here a few times and we will be back The chef and his wife are very pleasant and the food is really delicious with some unique flavors. You can really tell that a great deal of care goes into the preparation of the food. Its a BYO and a very charming restaurant so we were quite impressed overall, the food really stands out here so its worth a visit.....5 stars easily.Special Features:
- Worth a tripWessmattDined on 1/11/2014Great place. The food is both interesting and delicious, and the chef-owner and his wife are lovely people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.