Cassariano Italian Eatery
313 West Venice Ave
Venice, FL 34285Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cassariano Italian Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cassariano.com/
- Phone: 9414850507
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Pariano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private parties, private parties in house and corporate Events.
A word from Cassariano Italian Eatery
Contemporary Italian Cuisine in downtown Venice with a casual-elegant atmosphere. INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DININGContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cassariano Italian Eatery - Best Restaurants in Venice ›
Cassariano Italian Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (30)romantic (18)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (8)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Another great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014It is always a pleasurable dining experience at Cassarianos. The food, service and presentation are top shelf. This gem in Venice is quickly becoming a Sarasota County must do for foodies. A very nice menu with something for everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent!!ZibouilleVIPDined on 8/26/2014In my opinion, this is the best Italian restaurant in Venice. Their pasta dishes are amazing... The pasta Carbonara is very authentic and delicious. I've been to Italy and ate great pasta there and Cassariano is just as good. The service is impeccable, friendly and attentive too. This is my second time there and I've gad a great experience each time. I never went there for lunch though but dinner is excellent. Don't miss out and go check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I rememberedExcellentDined on 8/25/2014We came to Cassariano's back in November, 2013 and had a terrific meal. We always remembered it and wanted to come back again, but it just never happened until now. My sister was visiting me from New Jersey and it was her 60th birthday and I wanted to take her somewhere special, and I knew it had to be Cassariano's. We were NOT disappointed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014I pick this restaurant for my out of town company because it is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great FoodROBERTVIPDined on 8/15/2014This has become a wonderful neighborhood gem. Great atmosphere, friendly owner and staff, and consistently great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!SoBeDinersDined on 8/13/2014The salmon special was simply outstanding. The veal tenderloin was equally excellent as was the shrimp bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cassariano Italian EaterySunnytimesVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had the most delicious dining experience at Cassariano Italian Eatery. Our server (DEJA) was professional, knowledgable about the menu, and, very attentive to our requests. The shrimp appetizer, salad, Pasta Bolognese and Oven Baked Chicken were all extraordinary. The lemon tart, imported from Italy, was delicious! The cappuccino was outstanding. Our gratitude to the Chef for a fine dining experience while we visited Venice, Florida. Our server was a bright shining star who assisted in our making dinner selections. Perfection... By the way, we will definitely return... If you want an exceptional meal & great service Cassariano Italian Eatery is THE RESTAURANT to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experiencesrqdinersVIPDined on 8/9/2014Started out serving us the wrong wine & saying it was the same as what we ordered. It was not. Eggplant parm boring. Veal with porcini sauce had cheap mushrooms ( NOT porcini ) & almost no sauce. Polenta w/ truffle had almost no truffle taste & cheese was tasteless. We will NOT return.
- Excellent food; reasonable priceSarapatDined on 8/9/2014Our writers' group had lunch at Cassariano and it was delicious. Great service and lots of options. We'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look no furtherDS11VIPDined on 8/2/2014Best restaurant in Venice. Excellent all the way around. Compares favorably to best in Sarasota. Salads were fresh, interesting and tasty, mains were perfectly prepared, pasta is some of the best we've had. Kids saved room for dessert, which was outrageously good tiramisu etc..., best red wine by the glass was a 2010 napa cab, which was strange, also no rose by the glass, also weird for a European restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 7/20/2014Excellent restaurant! We love it! Everything is fresh and beautifully presented. The owners take great pride in serving the best and taking care of their customers. We drive 30 miles to eat at this restaurant. It is our favorite restaurant in the Sarasota/Venice area.Special Features:
- Nice Night OutConsumerOnlyDined on 7/9/2014Food was excellent... both in taste and presentation. Server may have been a bit stretched working from front to back. Good support with the busman. Jazz ensemble was way too much. Couldn't carry on a normal conversation even being in the rear of the seating area. Group was very good, but much too loud for the size of the room.Special Features:
- Food was prepared poorly !bailey1petDined on 7/6/2014Shellfish overcook, halibut was cold n raw in middle. And my husbands pasta was undercooked not al denti but tough. 100 dollars for 2 pp the quality should be better.:(((
- mustang10Dined on 7/1/2014Bartender, Armando was quite accommodating. We were celebrating our friend's 60th and he had made a new drink which our friend got and named perfect pair. Waiter, Ivan was there but wasn't there, which was great. Food came in waves and made for a very enjoyable evening. He was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentStarvinDined on 6/24/2014My family has never had a bad meal at the restaurant. You do not want for anything when you sit down, all you do is enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJAMFDined on 6/13/2014Excellent dining experience every visit. Food was not only delicious but the presentation was exquisite and service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Truly Venitian!DeliciosoVIPDined on 6/7/2014The menu was so incredible that we didn't know where to begin. We decided to share the lamb meatballs on homemade spaghetti, topped with a light tomato sauce with goat cheese melting into the sauce.My husband then had the veal osco bucco special, which just fell off the bone. I choose the grilled, boneless duck breast that was prepared with a fig reduction. Everything was just outstanding! We will certainly be back whether in or out of season...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!easybeinggreenDined on 6/6/2014yes, the town of venice has hundreds, if not thousands of italian restaurants. it's almost absurd. actually it is absurd. but, cassariano is a gem, and the best of the best. every item i've tried has been superb. the presentation and quality of the food is surpassed only by the skill of the chef and line cooks. the servers are friendly, as is the management. great spot.Special Features:
- Dynamic Italian RestaurantCyclingVeniceDined on 5/31/2014Luca and Antonio have created an amazing place for locals and visitors to the area to gather and share amazing dinners. I always enjoy coming here and sending out of town friends here for dinner. Dinners are like piece of art and presentation is everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteDined on 5/28/2014We love and remain loyal to the restaurant because of the always excellent food and caring good service. We are not fans of any restaurant's noisy open kitchen and busy bar in the midst of the dining area. Often conversation is impossible in most areas of the restaurant because of the kitchen and bar noise. We always ask for seating as far away as possible from these work areas and still find it noisy and echoey. Perhaps more ceiling or wall baffles would soften the noise. We like the food, servers and conscientious owners. Judy WolffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything a restaurant should benapaDined on 5/23/2014Beautifully designed dining spot with amazing food and outstanding service. I consider the service good when the you don't even notice the server and not asking every other minute how everything is because they are confident that everything is good. Great martinis and nice wine list. My husband had the grouper special which was fabulous and I had Ravioli stuffed with mushrooms and ricotta in a pear sauce. A treat for the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great, againralphVIPDined on 5/22/2014This is a consistently terrific restaurant, in all facets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniedDined on 5/20/2014Outstanding authentic Italian menu. Attentive service. Nice atmosphere if a bit crowded. Always a favorite when in Venice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014This was my second visit. Came once for lunch, which was terrific with good specials and once for dinner, which was also great with many choices.Special Features:
- Perfect as usualDisappointedDined on 5/17/2014Dining at Cassariano is always a treat, never a disappointment!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem found in Venice, FloridalovethisplaceDined on 5/9/2014We have been visiting Venice, Fl. for the last 20 years. While we were searching for a new restaurant to visit, I came across this place on Open Table. We absolutely loved the atmosphere, the service and the food.....everything was beyond our expectations. We have told several friends about this restaurant and will continue to make it one of our favorite stops when visiting Venice. We loved the homemade pasta and the tenderloin dish, outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Cassariano Italian Eatery reviews archive.
- AmazingfanojoelDined on 5/3/2014The food was absolutely amazing. I went twice in one week because I loved it so much. As a vegetarian I was super excited to see that there were choices for both appetizers and entrees- a rarity. The dishes were interesting without being over the top odd.Special Features:
- Always consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014Took out of town guests here Can always count on it being good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014Not your typical Italian cuisine. Attentive service and great presentation for a variety of tasty dishes.Special Features:
- Elegant diningCabinDined on 4/28/2014This restaurant brings welcome fine dining to Venice. Thank you, Cassariano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014First visit since they expanded and moved down several doors. Still maintains it well-earned reputation for exceptional food and service with unique combinations and presentations. A favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchyumyumDined on 4/23/2014Enjoyed bringing clients for a nice lunch. Food was delicious and waiter friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MexicanfoodfansDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I were referred by my parents to try the restaurant. We both loved our appetizer which were part of the Special for the evening. We both didn't love our meals. My husband got the veal. He didn't think it had much seasoning especially the scallop potatoes. I am not a meat eater but I do like seafood but not all seafood. Since I was getting the crab salad special, I asked if I could have pasta with crab. They were unable to do that so I just had a plain penne with garlic cream sauce. I didn't care for it and wasn't in the mood to eat chicken that came with it. My cocktail was good though and so was the bread. My parents have raved about this restaurant. When we are back in town, we'll try again and give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CapeCaroleDined on 4/19/2014This is our favorite place while spending time in Venice! The food is always perfect and I'm a fussy 100% Italian! We celebrated my husband's birthday, Palma and Paolo gave us excellent service and made his special day memorable. Thanks so much. Will be back in a few days with friends.Special Features:
- Best in ShowenjoyurselfVIPDined on 4/15/2014In a city that offers mostly tourist options and chain fare this is simply the best restaurant in town. The menu is superb and balanced with inventive nightly and weekly specials, the staff (owners on site most nights) are attentive and professional. The food is fresh and you can easily find light options as well as more traditional if you are looking to splurge. Locals from Boca Grande to Sarasota are in the know, so better make reservations in season if you want to enjoy this local gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2014I walked in off the street and they found a place for my wife and I although they were very busy. The food was excellent! We licked it so much we went back two nights latter. Every part of the dining experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to downtown diningFrequentvenicevisitorDined on 4/14/2014My husband and I dined here on a crowded Saturday night, then again a few days later. On both occasions the food was excellent, artfully presented, and service good. Prices a little high, but the food is excellent and portions generous. My husband and I had fish the first night: he the grouper, I the snapper. Both were delicious. Others at our table enjoyed their pasta. On our second visit, we had veal scallopini and ahi tuna. Again, each entree was beautifully presented and prepared. The only thing a little unnecessary was the lemon foam which topped my tuna. Tasty, but it looked like someone had been washing dishes and spilled soap suds on my tuna. Small thing but a little over the top and not really needed. Reservations good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The main room is very noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The main room is very noisy. If you are hard of hearing, the room in the back is quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian FoodGourmetDaveDined on 4/12/2014The food and service in this restaurant are outstanding! The staff is dry attentive. My beautiful date requested an alternate on a dish and they happily obliged her request! This is our second visit and the food consistency has been exceptional on each visit. Portions are very generous and the price is a great value for what you receive. I wish the restaurant was slightly larger since the the tables for 2 are in pretty close proximity and some are in the middle of the restaurant where the staff walk by frequently. The restaurant on our visit was 90% full and it was somewhat loud at times. However I could forgive all that for the quality of the food. I plan on eating here every time I visit the Venice area.Special Features:
- One of the best in VeniceGGVeniceDined on 4/11/2014This place is one of the best in Venice. Excellent food, top notch service, very nice décor in the new place, although can be a bit noisy at times. We have been a couple of times, including as a foursome, and have tried different things on the menu. Every single dish is superb! Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.