Cassariano Italian Eatery
313 West Venice Ave
Venice, FL 34285Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cassariano Italian Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cassariano.com/
- Phone: 9414850507
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Pariano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private parties, private parties in house and corporate Events.
A word from Cassariano Italian Eatery
Contemporary Italian Cuisine in downtown Venice with a casual-elegant atmosphere. INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DININGContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cassariano Italian Eatery - Best Restaurants in Venice ›
Cassariano Italian Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (28)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (14)good for groups (11)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Italian snobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We are picky when it comes to Italian food The sauce was fresh, the pasta dishes where outstanding live jazz was entertaining and wait staff excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDSCNVIPDined on 10/10/2014Dinner at Cassariano is always an enjoyable evening. Service is welcoming and friendly. The menu offers a varied selection of Italian and Mediterranean offerings, some traditional, other more adventurous, but always well prepared.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2014We have eaten here many times and are never disappointed...no exception this evening. Brought our "picky" NYC friends to this restaurant and they could not say enough wonderful comments about the quality of food and service. My friend even asked to speak with the owner, who always comes by the table anyhow, to compliment him on the dinner experience. Each of our dishes were well-prepared ranging from duck to seafood to chicken. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- RRRRRRRRVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great meal. One of the best meals in Venus, Florida. If you are on the west coast below Tampa go the Cassariano.Special Features:
- Great food Great serviceRKAYDined on 9/28/2014A great Italian restaurant, serving fabulous dishes from Northern Italy. Service is better than excellent, the food has a different twist and the presentations make you want to dive right in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseLove2eatoutDined on 9/20/2014We have friends who have told us about Cassariano and how much they like it, but had not been there ourselves. My husband and I are not big fans of Italian food. Having said that, this was a different Italian experience. Our meals had no pasta, no red sauce, no salad with Italian dressing! They were terrific! The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The owner was wandering around talking with everyone. It was all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteGNOLDined on 9/15/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Venice. The food is always consistently good and the service excellent. Always a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth a visit1nsomniaDined on 9/13/2014Awesome food, friendly staff: stands apart from so many of the gulf coast restaurants we've visited. Dinner was prepared perfectly, portions were generous, and the staff was accommodating. We will certainly return when we are back in Venice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousTennisdenise99Dined on 9/6/2014It was a wonderful experience! Great food, wine, and service.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014We read all the good reviews on Open Table so ventured from Bradenton to Venice to check out Cassariano. It was well worth the trip and we can't wait to go back. It had a great menu with so many items to chose from. Atmosphere is very nice. Only thing I hate is when restaurants have very small 2-top tables for parties of 2. We managed to get a table in the middle so at least we were not sitting right on top of the people next to us along the wall seating. That is my only complaint. We had the polenta appetizer which was very unique and very tasty. For dinner I had the halibut and my husband had the special veal chop. Both were amazing.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceGlasslifeDined on 9/3/2014If you are looking for a romantic night out, this might not be the place. Its a very small place with tables close to each other making it quite noisy at dinner time. However, what it lacks in ambiance, it makes up for with great food and exceptional service. Attractively decorated, with a full bar and attentive and courteous waitstaff. I would visit again, possibly for lunch next time.Special Features:
- Cassariano is DelightfulJudyEatzDined on 9/3/2014This was our second visit to Cassariano. The food was fresh, served hot and very delicious; I felt like I was back in Italy. The service was very professional and efficient. There was a jazz group in the front of the restaurant, which proved to be too loud for my husband and I, so we opted to sit in the back room of the restaurant which was very comfortable and intimate and we had an opportunity to really sit and enjoy a leisurely dinner with our friends. This is a real jewel of an eatery- worth the drive from the Port Charlotte area!!Special Features:
- Excellent food excellent service.RKAYDined on 8/31/2014The food here is excellent and the service is impeccable. We drive 2 hours to go eat here. One of the owners is always available and make sure that everything is going smoothly. Highly recommend this restaurant. Must make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014It is always a pleasurable dining experience at Cassarianos. The food, service and presentation are top shelf. This gem in Venice is quickly becoming a Sarasota County must do for foodies. A very nice menu with something for everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent!!ZibouilleVIPDined on 8/26/2014In my opinion, this is the best Italian restaurant in Venice. Their pasta dishes are amazing... The pasta Carbonara is very authentic and delicious. I've been to Italy and ate great pasta there and Cassariano is just as good. The service is impeccable, friendly and attentive too. This is my second time there and I've gad a great experience each time. I never went there for lunch though but dinner is excellent. Don't miss out and go check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I rememberedExcellentDined on 8/25/2014We came to Cassariano's back in November, 2013 and had a terrific meal. We always remembered it and wanted to come back again, but it just never happened until now. My sister was visiting me from New Jersey and it was her 60th birthday and I wanted to take her somewhere special, and I knew it had to be Cassariano's. We were NOT disappointed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014I pick this restaurant for my out of town company because it is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great FoodROBERTVIPDined on 8/15/2014This has become a wonderful neighborhood gem. Great atmosphere, friendly owner and staff, and consistently great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!SoBeDinersDined on 8/13/2014The salmon special was simply outstanding. The veal tenderloin was equally excellent as was the shrimp bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cassariano Italian EaterySunnytimesVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had the most delicious dining experience at Cassariano Italian Eatery. Our server (DEJA) was professional, knowledgable about the menu, and, very attentive to our requests. The shrimp appetizer, salad, Pasta Bolognese and Oven Baked Chicken were all extraordinary. The lemon tart, imported from Italy, was delicious! The cappuccino was outstanding. Our gratitude to the Chef for a fine dining experience while we visited Venice, Florida. Our server was a bright shining star who assisted in our making dinner selections. Perfection... By the way, we will definitely return... If you want an exceptional meal & great service Cassariano Italian Eatery is THE RESTAURANT to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experiencesrqdinersVIPDined on 8/9/2014Started out serving us the wrong wine & saying it was the same as what we ordered. It was not. Eggplant parm boring. Veal with porcini sauce had cheap mushrooms ( NOT porcini ) & almost no sauce. Polenta w/ truffle had almost no truffle taste & cheese was tasteless. We will NOT return.
- Excellent food; reasonable priceSarapatDined on 8/9/2014Our writers' group had lunch at Cassariano and it was delicious. Great service and lots of options. We'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look no furtherDS11VIPDined on 8/2/2014Best restaurant in Venice. Excellent all the way around. Compares favorably to best in Sarasota. Salads were fresh, interesting and tasty, mains were perfectly prepared, pasta is some of the best we've had. Kids saved room for dessert, which was outrageously good tiramisu etc..., best red wine by the glass was a 2010 napa cab, which was strange, also no rose by the glass, also weird for a European restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 7/20/2014Excellent restaurant! We love it! Everything is fresh and beautifully presented. The owners take great pride in serving the best and taking care of their customers. We drive 30 miles to eat at this restaurant. It is our favorite restaurant in the Sarasota/Venice area.Special Features:
- Nice Night OutConsumerOnlyDined on 7/9/2014Food was excellent... both in taste and presentation. Server may have been a bit stretched working from front to back. Good support with the busman. Jazz ensemble was way too much. Couldn't carry on a normal conversation even being in the rear of the seating area. Group was very good, but much too loud for the size of the room.Special Features:
- Food was prepared poorly !bailey1petDined on 7/6/2014Shellfish overcook, halibut was cold n raw in middle. And my husbands pasta was undercooked not al denti but tough. 100 dollars for 2 pp the quality should be better.:(((
- mustang10Dined on 7/1/2014Bartender, Armando was quite accommodating. We were celebrating our friend's 60th and he had made a new drink which our friend got and named perfect pair. Waiter, Ivan was there but wasn't there, which was great. Food came in waves and made for a very enjoyable evening. He was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentStarvinDined on 6/24/2014My family has never had a bad meal at the restaurant. You do not want for anything when you sit down, all you do is enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 183 reviews are from the Cassariano Italian Eatery reviews archive.
- DeliciousJAMFDined on 6/13/2014Excellent dining experience every visit. Food was not only delicious but the presentation was exquisite and service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Truly Venitian!DeliciosoVIPDined on 6/7/2014The menu was so incredible that we didn't know where to begin. We decided to share the lamb meatballs on homemade spaghetti, topped with a light tomato sauce with goat cheese melting into the sauce.My husband then had the veal osco bucco special, which just fell off the bone. I choose the grilled, boneless duck breast that was prepared with a fig reduction. Everything was just outstanding! We will certainly be back whether in or out of season...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!easybeinggreenDined on 6/6/2014yes, the town of venice has hundreds, if not thousands of italian restaurants. it's almost absurd. actually it is absurd. but, cassariano is a gem, and the best of the best. every item i've tried has been superb. the presentation and quality of the food is surpassed only by the skill of the chef and line cooks. the servers are friendly, as is the management. great spot.Special Features:
- Dynamic Italian RestaurantCyclingVeniceDined on 5/31/2014Luca and Antonio have created an amazing place for locals and visitors to the area to gather and share amazing dinners. I always enjoy coming here and sending out of town friends here for dinner. Dinners are like piece of art and presentation is everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteDined on 5/28/2014We love and remain loyal to the restaurant because of the always excellent food and caring good service. We are not fans of any restaurant's noisy open kitchen and busy bar in the midst of the dining area. Often conversation is impossible in most areas of the restaurant because of the kitchen and bar noise. We always ask for seating as far away as possible from these work areas and still find it noisy and echoey. Perhaps more ceiling or wall baffles would soften the noise. We like the food, servers and conscientious owners. Judy WolffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything a restaurant should benapaDined on 5/23/2014Beautifully designed dining spot with amazing food and outstanding service. I consider the service good when the you don't even notice the server and not asking every other minute how everything is because they are confident that everything is good. Great martinis and nice wine list. My husband had the grouper special which was fabulous and I had Ravioli stuffed with mushrooms and ricotta in a pear sauce. A treat for the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great, againralphVIPDined on 5/22/2014This is a consistently terrific restaurant, in all facets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniedDined on 5/20/2014Outstanding authentic Italian menu. Attentive service. Nice atmosphere if a bit crowded. Always a favorite when in Venice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014This was my second visit. Came once for lunch, which was terrific with good specials and once for dinner, which was also great with many choices.Special Features:
- Perfect as usualDisappointedDined on 5/17/2014Dining at Cassariano is always a treat, never a disappointment!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem found in Venice, FloridalovethisplaceDined on 5/9/2014We have been visiting Venice, Fl. for the last 20 years. While we were searching for a new restaurant to visit, I came across this place on Open Table. We absolutely loved the atmosphere, the service and the food.....everything was beyond our expectations. We have told several friends about this restaurant and will continue to make it one of our favorite stops when visiting Venice. We loved the homemade pasta and the tenderloin dish, outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingfanojoelDined on 5/3/2014The food was absolutely amazing. I went twice in one week because I loved it so much. As a vegetarian I was super excited to see that there were choices for both appetizers and entrees- a rarity. The dishes were interesting without being over the top odd.Special Features: