Cassariano Italian Eatery
313 West Venice Ave
Venice, FL 34285Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cassariano Italian Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cassariano.com/
- Phone: (941) 485-0507
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Pariano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private parties, private parties in house and corporate Events.
A word from Cassariano Italian Eatery
Contemporary Italian Cuisine in downtown Venice with a casual-elegant atmosphere. INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DININGContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cassariano Italian Eatery - Best Restaurants in Venice ›
Cassariano Italian Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (38)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (23)notable wine list (21)romantic (19)great for lunch (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Venice Gem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014You will leave with your palate and heart satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eager to returnGBobDined on 11/22/2014Second visit, and enjoyed what we had the first time so much that we ate exactly the same thing, salad and entrees. Superior food in an attractive setting with very good waitstaff. Good value, too, with substantial portion size at reasonable prices for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant discovery!ClaudioVIPDined on 11/22/2014Cassariano was a pleasant surprise. It excels In all categories. Perfect for before or after dinner theater, particularly now that there's a new Symphony Hall in Venice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit and we will be backMDFoodiesVIPDined on 11/22/2014We were in town for a short time and wanted to grab a quick lunch. We sat outdoors and enjoyed a gorgeous day and a wonderful glass of wine. The half spinach salad with half classic sandwich was very good. My husband was very happy with that and his vino. I had the half salad (esotica) with cup of soup. The soup of the day was chic pea and lamb and was very good and quite filling. The arugula salad was fresh and I liked the combination of ingredients (shrimp, hearts of palm, melon, and arugula. My one complaint was that my salad had only two very small shrimp. While the price for the combination was quite good, two shrimp seemed skimpy! The bread and artichoke spread are amazing. Service was fast and friendly, though our server disappeared when it was time to get our check! We will be back to try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite in VeniceNeighborhoodfanDined on 11/21/2014I went to Cassarino's because I had heard that the food was excellent, and it was, but I was more amazed at the service. The entire staff works as a team: they were attentive without being intrusive. They all offer friendly, professional service. The food was extremely good. I love the polenta appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian Night Outluv2eatDined on 11/18/2014Cassiariano never ceases to amaze us. Always something different as a special & the food is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of veniceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014This incredible restaurant could easily be a star in Boston, NYC, Philadelphia , or Washington. But lucky us have it in Venice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in a sea of fast food jointsveniceDined on 11/10/2014We visited the area for our aniversary, wanting to have anItalian when in Venice.I researched to find a place with great reviews. It did not disappoint. Reserve, as it get busy. We arrived for 6.30 table the place was packed. We were seated straight away. The food was excellent. The waitress lovely.The bus boys a couple of Asian guys worked very quick and came armed with giant pepper mills to dispense for you. They were so enthusiaim for there work was very amusing. We had a great night,good food. like a fool I had left my glasses on the table. The waitress came running down the street to return them. She said she enjoyed the exercise. Would highly recommend this place if you want real Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Tops for Italian Cucina in Venice, FLpragmaticgourmetVIPDined on 11/9/2014We can remember when it was hard to find a decent restaurant in Venice--but not anymore. Now the problem for us is that we're not in town long enough to sample all the fine restaurants that have been established, especially on Venice Avenue and nearby streets. And we're further limited because if we can get a reservation at Cassariano's, that's where we bring the family groups together for that once or twice a year special meal. And it has gotten better each time we go back. Most recently, we had a group of 7 to celebrate Dad's 90th birthday. The service was exceptionally attentive and gracious. The menu had something for everyone, and each dish was well prepared and attractively presented. Some dishes, like the pork loin and the veal over lentils (Filetto Di Vitello Al Ginepro) were sinfully sumptuous. We had a wonderful meal and a great time. My Dad rated it among his top 3 most memorable birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014We have always enjoyed Cassariano. On this visit we had a party six and everyone was pleased. Appetizers, salads and main courses were all prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- went back the next nightgbrgbrDined on 11/5/2014My wife and I were in town for 4 nights. Ate there the next to the last night and loved it. Went back the following night. Would have gone back the following day if we hadn't left! Very attractive décor. Great service, friendly without being patronizing or pushy. The food was fabulous. Each course we ordered was superb. Of the 8 courses we ordered, I'd love to have any one of them again. Excellent bartender. The 2 owners were there and were most congenial. One of the best restaurants this foodie has been to in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LabohemeDined on 11/2/2014Downtown Venice is fortunate in having several good Italian restaurants. We recently went to dinner here because of this one having live jazz on Sunday nights. Food was good but not memorable. It was nicely presented and service was extremely efficient - maybe a little too quick for a relaxing evening out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class RestaurantMellonzDined on 11/1/2014This is our favourite restaurant. Wish we lived a bit closer but still worth the drive. Super food, lovely atmosphere, excellent service!Special Features:
- Best in TownROBERTVIPDined on 10/31/2014High quality food, always consistent, nice atmosphere, friendly ownerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantCalgarygirl49Dined on 10/30/2014The BEST restaurant I've been to in years. Everything from the first greeting to dessert was amazing. I have been talking about it since I left to anyone who will listen. Can't wait to go back and try it again. They definitely have the right recipe for a wonderful night.Special Features:
- A gem in downtown VeniceKaybeDined on 10/29/2014Cassariano's has wonderful fresh pasta dishes. This is definitely the best Italian in a town full of Italian restaurants. The wine list isn't extensive, but does offer a good selection. We will definitely be back and take friends.Special Features:
- Best of VenicemaryeineniceDined on 10/25/2014Cassariano is the best restaurant in Venice. Their food is outstanding and you won't find a more gracious host than Lucca.Special Features:
- Italian snobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We are picky when it comes to Italian food The sauce was fresh, the pasta dishes where outstanding live jazz was entertaining and wait staff excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDSCNVIPDined on 10/10/2014Dinner at Cassariano is always an enjoyable evening. Service is welcoming and friendly. The menu offers a varied selection of Italian and Mediterranean offerings, some traditional, other more adventurous, but always well prepared.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014We have eaten here many times and are never disappointed...no exception this evening. Brought our "picky" NYC friends to this restaurant and they could not say enough wonderful comments about the quality of food and service. My friend even asked to speak with the owner, who always comes by the table anyhow, to compliment him on the dinner experience. Each of our dishes were well-prepared ranging from duck to seafood to chicken. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- RRRRRRRRVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great meal. One of the best meals in Venus, Florida. If you are on the west coast below Tampa go the Cassariano.Special Features:
- Great food Great serviceRKAYDined on 9/28/2014A great Italian restaurant, serving fabulous dishes from Northern Italy. Service is better than excellent, the food has a different twist and the presentations make you want to dive right in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseLove2eatoutDined on 9/20/2014We have friends who have told us about Cassariano and how much they like it, but had not been there ourselves. My husband and I are not big fans of Italian food. Having said that, this was a different Italian experience. Our meals had no pasta, no red sauce, no salad with Italian dressing! They were terrific! The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The owner was wandering around talking with everyone. It was all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteGNOLDined on 9/15/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Venice. The food is always consistently good and the service excellent. Always a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth a visit1nsomniaDined on 9/13/2014Awesome food, friendly staff: stands apart from so many of the gulf coast restaurants we've visited. Dinner was prepared perfectly, portions were generous, and the staff was accommodating. We will certainly return when we are back in Venice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousTennisdenise99Dined on 9/6/2014It was a wonderful experience! Great food, wine, and service.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014We read all the good reviews on Open Table so ventured from Bradenton to Venice to check out Cassariano. It was well worth the trip and we can't wait to go back. It had a great menu with so many items to chose from. Atmosphere is very nice. Only thing I hate is when restaurants have very small 2-top tables for parties of 2. We managed to get a table in the middle so at least we were not sitting right on top of the people next to us along the wall seating. That is my only complaint. We had the polenta appetizer which was very unique and very tasty. For dinner I had the halibut and my husband had the special veal chop. Both were amazing.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceGlasslifeDined on 9/3/2014If you are looking for a romantic night out, this might not be the place. Its a very small place with tables close to each other making it quite noisy at dinner time. However, what it lacks in ambiance, it makes up for with great food and exceptional service. Attractively decorated, with a full bar and attentive and courteous waitstaff. I would visit again, possibly for lunch next time.Special Features:
- Cassariano is DelightfulJudyEatzDined on 9/3/2014This was our second visit to Cassariano. The food was fresh, served hot and very delicious; I felt like I was back in Italy. The service was very professional and efficient. There was a jazz group in the front of the restaurant, which proved to be too loud for my husband and I, so we opted to sit in the back room of the restaurant which was very comfortable and intimate and we had an opportunity to really sit and enjoy a leisurely dinner with our friends. This is a real jewel of an eatery- worth the drive from the Port Charlotte area!!Special Features:
- Excellent food excellent service.RKAYDined on 8/31/2014The food here is excellent and the service is impeccable. We drive 2 hours to go eat here. One of the owners is always available and make sure that everything is going smoothly. Highly recommend this restaurant. Must make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014It is always a pleasurable dining experience at Cassarianos. The food, service and presentation are top shelf. This gem in Venice is quickly becoming a Sarasota County must do for foodies. A very nice menu with something for everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent!!ZibouilleVIPDined on 8/26/2014In my opinion, this is the best Italian restaurant in Venice. Their pasta dishes are amazing... The pasta Carbonara is very authentic and delicious. I've been to Italy and ate great pasta there and Cassariano is just as good. The service is impeccable, friendly and attentive too. This is my second time there and I've gad a great experience each time. I never went there for lunch though but dinner is excellent. Don't miss out and go check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I rememberedExcellentDined on 8/25/2014We came to Cassariano's back in November, 2013 and had a terrific meal. We always remembered it and wanted to come back again, but it just never happened until now. My sister was visiting me from New Jersey and it was her 60th birthday and I wanted to take her somewhere special, and I knew it had to be Cassariano's. We were NOT disappointed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014I pick this restaurant for my out of town company because it is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great FoodROBERTVIPDined on 8/15/2014This has become a wonderful neighborhood gem. Great atmosphere, friendly owner and staff, and consistently great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!SoBeDinersDined on 8/13/2014The salmon special was simply outstanding. The veal tenderloin was equally excellent as was the shrimp bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cassariano Italian EaterySunnytimesVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had the most delicious dining experience at Cassariano Italian Eatery. Our server (DEJA) was professional, knowledgable about the menu, and, very attentive to our requests. The shrimp appetizer, salad, Pasta Bolognese and Oven Baked Chicken were all extraordinary. The lemon tart, imported from Italy, was delicious! The cappuccino was outstanding. Our gratitude to the Chef for a fine dining experience while we visited Venice, Florida. Our server was a bright shining star who assisted in our making dinner selections. Perfection... By the way, we will definitely return... If you want an exceptional meal & great service Cassariano Italian Eatery is THE RESTAURANT to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experiencesrqdinersVIPDined on 8/9/2014Started out serving us the wrong wine & saying it was the same as what we ordered. It was not. Eggplant parm boring. Veal with porcini sauce had cheap mushrooms ( NOT porcini ) & almost no sauce. Polenta w/ truffle had almost no truffle taste & cheese was tasteless. We will NOT return.
- Excellent food; reasonable priceSarapatDined on 8/9/2014Our writers' group had lunch at Cassariano and it was delicious. Great service and lots of options. We'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look no furtherDS11VIPDined on 8/2/2014Best restaurant in Venice. Excellent all the way around. Compares favorably to best in Sarasota. Salads were fresh, interesting and tasty, mains were perfectly prepared, pasta is some of the best we've had. Kids saved room for dessert, which was outrageously good tiramisu etc..., best red wine by the glass was a 2010 napa cab, which was strange, also no rose by the glass, also weird for a European restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 188 reviews are from the Cassariano Italian Eatery reviews archive.