928 S. Perry St.
Spokane, WA 99202Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casperfry.com/
- Phone: (509) 535-0536
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tu-Fri 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: Tu-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Josh Grimes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Casper Fry
We take our inspiration from the world around us. From Casper and a simpler time when American craftsmanship insured quality, and most foods were fresh, and grown locally. At Casper Fry we’ve crafted each detail with thought and care. Designing a restaurant, and a menu that is reflective of the classic foods of comfort, which invoke nostalgia, yet inspire us to reinvent. We’re taking a modern approach in recreating authentic Southern dishes, relying on the beautiful foods of our region. We feel strongly about reinvesting in our local economy, supporting our local farmers and ranchers, and contributing to a sustainable environment. We think it’s important to know the story about the food we eat. As a family with roots here, we’re excited to participate in the revitalization of the historic South Perry neighborhood. At Casper Fry we embody and embrace the vital strands of this essential fabric of our town, and we promise to always deliver non-complicated, farm inspired American true fContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Casper Fry - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Casper Fry reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (25)hot spot (19)special occasion (16)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Great food, hard seatingSpokaneDiner2014Dined on 11/16/2014When you are in the Perry Street District you should definitely give Casper Fry a look. The menu is eclectic and the preparation is excellent. The wait staff is generally friendly and attentive but not overly so. The space and decor are attractive and inviting but certainly not elegant. This is a good place to meet with friends and enjoy a reasonably priced meal. My go-to menu item is the whole Idaho trout (large plate) but also check out the daily specials. The only drawback a Casper Fry is the seating, and this is a pretty big one. The wooden benches and small wooden chairs are really uncomfortable and become annoyingly so after only a few minutes. We are really surprised that the management has not addressed this issue. It is the one thing that prevents us from visiting the restaurant more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food came cold.CoggerDined on 11/15/2014I ordered the skirt steak and asked for it Medium. It came very rare. All food on the plate was cold. And I mean not just sitting on the counter to long cold, the potatoes tasted like they were just pulled from a refrigerator. I told the waiter and my plate was removed from the table, about 5 minutes later I was asked if there was something else I wanted. I wanted another steak but apparently that wasn't an option. Ended up with a burger instead. My steak was comped but had to pay for the burger. A good restaurant would have given me what I orded and not charged me for another menu option. Won't return to Casper Fry!!!Special Features:
- Don't botherOilandvinDined on 11/15/2014Don't bother making a reservation, because it clearly doesn't matter. We had a 7:00 reservation and arrived at 6:55. Our party of 4 stood in their entry way for 45 minutes (they don't have a waiting area) and watched them seat an 8 top, a 6 top and multiple 2 tops that all came in after us. When I asked the host he said "yeah, sorry. A table for 4 just hasn't come up". Unlucky??? What good is a reservation?Special Features:
- great foodkittyDined on 11/14/2014great food great atmosphere friendly hosts and waiters service was excellent the whole experiance was enjoyable tried new foods new drinks that pretty well sums it up thank you very much for the great time we all had at your restaurant also the restaurant was easy to find ample parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but we won't be going backNonaDined on 11/14/2014This is a very popular spot, and a great asset to the neighborhood. The food was good but garlic was the main flavor profile. We were a small table of four and it was loud enough that the people diagonal to each other could not converse. We go for out for good company, food is a supplement to that , so Casper Fry will not be on our list of favorites.Special Features:
- SexyMarshmallowManDined on 11/9/2014Had heard about this, went there with my brother to try it out for brunch. I recommend the trout hash. We had a great server who gave us the history of the building, warned us about the offerings that were not on the menu and cautioned that reservations would be a good idea for dinner. I would definitely return, with my bro again, with friends/family or that special someone - single and looking, ladies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchmapleleafDined on 11/9/2014Brunch is my favorite meal out . . . and Casper's is one of my favorite places to go to enjoy it. Great variety, fresh and delicious. Fun, historical neighborhood and eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with firendsliveforfoodDined on 11/6/2014Food and drinks were fantastic as always. The staff is friendly and helpful. Will be back for more!Special Features:
- Great comfort foodVijasDined on 10/24/2014Comfort food with an updated twist, foods you love with a little more flavor and a little more spice. Great cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Casper Fry!lovefoodDined on 10/18/2014Everything about Casper Fry is nearly perfect. My only complaints would be that the wait time for your food to be served is a little lengthy. But the wait is worth it...also I wish the menu was a little longer, but that's mostly because the food is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!TravelingfromTucson55Dined on 10/9/2014It is rare to find a restaurant that knows how to cook fish correctly and Casper Fry will not disappoint. We loved the small plates and fresh salads as well. There was good variety and just enough spice. Bring friends and share. The service was good and attentive. This is our new favorite dining place in Spokane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!Red1Dined on 10/3/2014I'd describe Casper Fry as Southern with a "twist" . We had the fried chicken, it was light, crispy and flavorful. The chicken was served on a bed of the most amazing mashed potatoes I have ever eaten. My husband had jambalaya, very spicy and packed with flavor. The fried pickle appetizer was great too. I grew up eating fried pickles down south, but their version was not the traditional fried pickle I was use to, their take was surprisingly delicious. Love thus place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My daughters and I went for a girls night on a Sunday evening. Service was great, food was great. Highly recommended. I have been several times and always tried something new. Everything has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itGardengirlDined on 9/26/2014Set in te Perry St. neighborhood, Casper Fry delivers it's food, drink and atmosphere with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in SpokaneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Travel a great deal and always on the prowl for a neighborhood bar/restaurant that gets it right. Casper Fry does just that. Inventive cocktails and tasty southern inspired menu to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good, service lackingpandoraDined on 9/17/2014The salmon and the fried chicken were excellent. The salad with balsamic drsg and candied pecans and fennel would have been wonderful, but it was drowned in the balsamic dressing. We had to ask for water refills after waiting a long while, as the waiter must have been too busy to check on us. He was not very friendly either. The place was empty at 5pm when we arrived, but within an hour it was full so I would recommend making reservations ahead of time. A fun place to go with a group I think. Nice area as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals of my lifeCherelsterDined on 9/5/2014Casper Fry is just a solid, southern restraunt. After growing up in the south and moving to the PNW it's tough finding good southern food, but Casper Fry delivered. I got the fried chicken, one of the best meals of my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Atmosphere was fine. Service was fair. Wife and I had beef bbq ribs they were old and tasted reheated. Ordered drinks took way too long. Then ordered desert and was told they were out of coffee. Our guests were not sure they would go back either. We drove in from Post Falls. It was a Thursday evening at 6PM
- An Experience-Bomberbob1950Dined on 8/31/2014If you have not eaten Southern cooking, Casper Fry is the place to go. Great atmosphere and an eating adventure. Guaranteed to challenge your food choice and you will not be disappointed. Try it.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Service was quick and friendly. The food is excellent. we will be back with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F'n awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014If I lived in spokane I'd go to Casper Fry every night. Great atmosphere, great service, and a creative menu that focuses on local farmers and seasonal ingredients. It's great to find a place where the cooks actually cook; no short cuts and everything made from scratch. I hope the staff realize they've made Casper Fry the best restaurant in Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreleifanddaniDined on 8/29/2014Food was nothing special. Overpriced. The grilled oysters were the size of a quarter. The burger was awkward to easy and the flavored in the meat were overpowering. Service was slow.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Loved the décor !! We found the menu a bit limiting, especially for a plain eater ;-)Special Features:
- Glad I drove overOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014Great find in Spokane. Cocktails were fantastic. Grilled oysters were so-so but the braised short ribs and Kentucky derby pie made up for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greataklemDined on 8/27/2014We were ahead of two large groups--10 or more per table which seemed to cause a problem for the wait staff. Although we had booked on Open Table the hostess had a problem with seating us. We ordered small plates but they did not all arrive at the same time and we had to keep reminding the server--they trickled out. Maybe it was because it was 6:30 on a Wednesday night? We would not go back on a busy night.Special Features:
- First time there & loved itksinspoDined on 8/23/2014We were eight w/two kids for Saturday dinner. Indoors much too noisy to talk, so we moved outside. Servers very accommodating. Food absolutely delicious & imaginative. Salmon w/spaghetti squash perfectly cooked & delish! Caesar salad w/salmon, bacon dish starter & Jambalaya also excellent. Then we had the surprise pleasure of the South Perry Saturday outdoor movie being shown on the restaurant's wall right above our table, with hundreds of people in the parking lot next door. Such fun!!! This restaurant has heart and a personality all its own. No chain restaurant/franchise feel here. Will definitely recommend Casper Fry & look forward to returning again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodGaidonDined on 8/17/2014We went kind of as a last second idea. Food was okay, I had the burger she has shrimp and grits. The sauce on the shrimp was pretty overpowering. Burger was pretty good though. Nice patio and service was definitely good on such a slow night.Special Features:
- Great Place to Eatjdr2drDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were absolutely great. My ONLY complaint... I thought the prices were on the high side for the portions you get, but it is not a stopper for a return visit. With all the shrimp I got in my portion I guess the price was fair, but I left wanting more but was not going to pay 17.00 for more rice and stuff, small portions for the price.Special Features:
- Food was great!boogerDined on 8/14/2014This was my second time and have never been disappointed. The only down side was I have a picky six year old and it was difficult to find something for him. I would not suggest this place for parents of picky eaters. They did have a mac and cheese but my son doesn't like that either. The bacon app plus some garlic fries from another person's plate worked for him this time.Special Features:
- Great FindDesertratVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Creative and delicious menu, great bar and wonderful hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my Top 5 restaurant picks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Came to check out the drinks and fun atmosphere and couldn't stop talking about the food. Surprisingly one of the best salads in the city (we tried all 3!) and my salmon was cooked perfectly. Some members in group noted noise level being hard to talk/hear and uncomfortable seating but I didn't mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Casper Fry reviews archive.
- Awful ingredient combinationGlf2nDined on 7/23/2014It took over an hour to get our food. I ordered the shrimp and fritz and found the cauliflower and collard greens in the dish were not only an odd food combination, but tasted awful with the dish.
- Fun spotMissSFDined on 7/14/2014Love the farm to table feel. The homemade pimento cheese was very good. The shrimp was cooked to perfection, which is hard to do. Love the atmosphere. Easy parking and close to a park. Desert was a bit disappointing. A very good choice of salads. Some of the best coffee I had ever had at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCJCSDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner at Casper Fry. They have a small but varied selection of foods, punching well above its class. The whisky & cocktail selection was excellent, and my wife quite enjoyed her cocktail. I had a red ale, I can't recall the brewery, but it was excellent; they obviously choose their food and drink with care. My wife had a salad with pecans and fetta, and quite enjoyed it. They piled it high, very well done. I had a medley of cheesy grits, prawns, bits of ham, and roasted vegetables in a broth; a bit spicy, very good. I highly recommend it for a nice outing with your significant other, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- We'll Be Backat4qbDined on 7/2/2014Charming atmosphere, great menu, greater food, excellent service!at4qbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, seating comfort lacking.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Really enjoyed the good and also different food here. Service was great and all our dishes were excellent. Ambience is utilitarian sort of industrial and the chair fit that vibe but they are really uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveTheFryDined on 6/30/2014We LOVE Casper Fry. Food and service are excellent!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Pleased with Restaurant, table was ready on arrival, good service and the Fried Chicken was great.Special Features:
- Not allergy friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014There is very little to eat if you have a gluten or dairy allergy. Not a friendly restaurant or accommodating in that regard. Everyone else liked their food.
- YummyDocPollyDined on 6/27/2014Delicious food. Great cocktails. Intelligent, well informed and competent server. Very uncomfortable seats.Special Features: