928 S. Perry St.
Spokane, WA 99202Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casperfry.com/
- Phone: (509) 535-0536
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tu-Fri 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: Tu-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Josh Grimes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Casper Fry
We take our inspiration from the world around us. From Casper and a simpler time when American craftsmanship insured quality, and most foods were fresh, and grown locally. At Casper Fry we’ve crafted each detail with thought and care. Designing a restaurant, and a menu that is reflective of the classic foods of comfort, which invoke nostalgia, yet inspire us to reinvent. We’re taking a modern approach in recreating authentic Southern dishes, relying on the beautiful foods of our region. We feel strongly about reinvesting in our local economy, supporting our local farmers and ranchers, and contributing to a sustainable environment. We think it’s important to know the story about the food we eat. As a family with roots here, we’re excited to participate in the revitalization of the historic South Perry neighborhood. At Casper Fry we embody and embrace the vital strands of this essential fabric of our town, and we promise to always deliver non-complicated, farm inspired American true fContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Casper Fry - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Casper Fry reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (25)hot spot (20)special occasion (17)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)Show More
- neat place with great concept.queeneyDined on 3/21/2014Three of five dinners were good. Two were not. I ordered brined pork chop since chef recommended it when we spoke with him in the back hallway. Unfortunately it arrived burned on the outside and dried out. Didn't eat it! My husband ordered meatloaf and received a tiny serving like they had run out. Other three dinners were excellent: fried chicken, short ribs, and shrimp with grits.Special Features:
- Outstanding service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Our waiter Michael was friendly, helpful and on the ball. He really helped out our birthday party. Excellent wine and beer selection. Unique menu and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and EnvironmentSteveBDined on 3/8/2014The design and decoration of the restaurant made me feel like I had just stepped into a portal to Savannah, Georgia. Everything from the old fashioned lighting and the deterioration brick walls made the restaurant feel genuinely southern. On top of that, the food was great. The shrimp and grits were very nicely prepared and the cornbread was unique and tasty.Special Features:
- Loved it!!40BDClubDined on 3/8/2014Food and service were great! Mike waited on us and was fabulous! Would definitely come back and would recommend to friends and family!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SucculentlizzydDined on 3/7/2014Our table was ready on time and the seating we'd asked for. It's a small place, lively and fun. We started with salads of crisp locale greens. I recommend the pear vinegrette dressing which had a tang that tickled the tongue. We added a small cast iron skillet of cornbread. Our fried chicken and gravy with jalapeno honey on the side was both moist and crunchy; the spices balanced. And although the home made baking soda biscuits would have left any grandmother envious, the mess of greens were the star of the meal. Sauteed perfectly and topped with bacon, I could have eaten a whole plate of just those.Finally,the service was timely and efficient, friendly but not intrusive.This will definanatly be a favorite for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere... went withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014Great atmosphere... went with friends and had a really good time. Food was great, would return. A little expensive, not an everyday place, but worth it...Special Features:
- SuberbmaggieskaraDined on 3/1/2014Casper Fry is on our short list of favorite restaurants in the city; on this trip we were there for Restaurant Week. The food was fabulous. They have definitely found their groove. The menu looked great, the service was spot on, and the desserts were some of the best we've had in Spokane. The whole atmosphere was one of fun and excitement. They couldn't have done a better job.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekLRB22Dined on 2/28/2014We went to Casper Fry for my birthday during restaurant week. It was a great choice for a larger party. I ordered the vegetarian option and thought it was pretty unimaginative. I would have preferred a little more variety. But overall, I think their food and drinks are delicious and I would recommend them to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food!BrooklynDined on 2/28/2014Left off a star because seats are uncomfortable. Mine was tilted & my feet didn't quite reach the footrest. The old wooden seats are kinda small and a little shaky. But the food is what you go for after all. Everything we've ever had there was surprisingly flavorful, fresh and just plain interesting. Even for us picky eaters, food we didn't expect to like at all (like my generally hated sweet potatoes) were quite tasty. The smoke smell emanating from the kitchen was to die for, made me wish we could have lingered over another drink. If you like smoky peaty scotch you'll find the aromas especially comforting. Local farms were food is sourced from are listed. Portions are not huge but so satisfying you leave comfortably full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Hit!StardestroyerDined on 2/27/2014We haven't been to Casper Fry recently, since previous visits found lukewarm, under-seasoned food poorly plated and average service. This time, however, our visit during restaurant week was a surprise. Food was well-seasoned and expertly plated. Service was attentive but not pushy or rushed. Drinks were fantastic - excellent bar program here at Casper Fry. We'll come back more often now, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much to recommend itjackvjrDined on 2/27/2014While the menu is short, everything on it we tried was very good. The chef's take on some staples, such as shrimp and grits, are not the usual, but not necessarily an improvement, either. CF does deserve praise for the reasonably priced wine list. Again, the list is short, but enough to get by. We'll be returning.Special Features:
- Good first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2014We had a party of five, all of us were first-time patrons. Easy parking. We had reservations and our table was set and ready for immediate sitting. Had to switch out a chair because the back was extended out too far but otherwise comfortable. Since we were new, I wish we had been instructed a little better on the drink and food menus, but otherwise our waiter was attentive and provided good service. Didn't have to wait too long. Food was excellent. Love the idea of local produce when able. Never felt rushed...we comfortably lingered after dinner for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and ServiceyoutalkilistenDined on 2/23/2014First the down side: I wasn't crazy about the flavors of what I ordered, and the music was a bit too loud, but other than that it was a truly wonderful experience. I would definitely go back. I'll order something different next time. The service was absolutely the best. Not only were the servers attentive and friendly, they were totally knowledgable about the food and the wine. The QUALITY of the food was superb. I love the idea of using locally grown food. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have enjoyed evey meal at CasperOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014I've eaten, brunch, lunch and dinner multiple times and have always enjoyed my meal and surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How about that reservation?SilverThreadDined on 2/21/2014We had a reservation for 4 for 6:30 on a Friday night. Reservations are a necessity for Friday nights - the place was jammed. "Our" table was still occupied but the table next to it was not and the people slated for it were already 15 minutes late. We waited for another 15 minutes before we were seated at that table. The people at "our" table didn't leave for another 30 minutes after that. When I questioned the reason for making us wait I got a pretty unresponsive response. I was not impressed. That aside, the food and service were excellent. The place was, unfortunately, extremely noisy. Conversation was nearly impossible. We will go again, but not on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UncomfortableSpokaneliferDined on 2/21/2014We have been to Casper Fry's before and liked the food. We asked to sit at a table with chairs rather than a tall bar table with stools. The hostess said I no can't do that the computer put you at a tall table. There were only two other groups in the place at the time. My wife' short legs go numb when they dangle from those tall seats and it is not very relaxing. She also recently had surgery on her back. Hostess still said no sorry can't do that. When we left there was still five ( yes I counted) tables open. Don't know why she would not seat us at a table?
- Impressive!laduree11VIPDined on 2/17/2014Casper Fry is a breath of fresh air for the Spokane culinary scene. Creative menu, equally creative cocktails, and a warm & inviting atmosphere with great personality. Food was delicious, service was perfect, and most importantly for us, they absolutely nailed the lighting. At the top of our list when choosing a restaurant for a romantic date night, or a night out with friends. Thanks for a great meal.Special Features:
- Great City VibeLoveThaiDined on 2/17/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant is terrific. The owner also took special care of us when one of our meals was not up to it's usual standard; she took it right off the bill! They take great care of their customers, wanting everyone to have a great experience and come back time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I WantedDonabDined on 2/15/2014Dinner out with my brother and his wife. Wanted to show off our city and its dining scene. Service was great, food was great, nice space to spend time in. Only thing I might do is block the view into the kitchen from the table. Not bad really, just not ideal. Overall, a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought we were in SeattleCFischDined on 2/15/2014What a great find! This is the type of restaurant we enjoy going to on the west side, we were thrilled when we drove up and even more so when we stepped inside. Great atmosphere, menu and spirits list! Can't wait to take our friends there to share our find..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh OriginalityRopesmonkeyDined on 2/15/2014We loved the vintage atmosphere, the signature drinks and the local good suppliers list! The staff were great and the food was deliciously original!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuff folksJoegarshaDined on 2/14/2014Great food, great cocktails,great service and cool interior design. I'm not in Spokane often, but will be looking forward to returning here for dinner when I am in town nextSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Dinner VisitCompassDined on 2/14/2014Found this little gem just before Valentine's day weekend. Made reservations for a small group (9) for Valentine's day evening. Sometimes it isn't the best to try a new restaurant on a busy night like that but our experience was wonderful. Everyone in our party loved the casual urban ambiance. We ordered a few appetizers and a diverse number of entrees as well as a few desserts...and were not disappointed in any. The service was very good...our server was very pleasant and patient with our group (many questions about the menu, since it was first time for all). Our meals arrived in a reasonable time and together...which isn't always the case when you have nine at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing from the moment weOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Amazing from the moment we stepped in the door! The ambiance is awesome! We had a large group for Valentine's Day plus a baby and they were fantastic! The incredibly delectable food, the warm & prompt service and the unique old fashion drinks are always above and beyond what we expect! Their weekend brunch is fabulous, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBbbbbDined on 2/14/2014Driving up to the restaurant, we did not know what to expect. Once we walked in, we fell in love with the decor and fell even more in love with the food. For fresh, southern food, with a more northern twist. Cannot wait to go back for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014We've heard wonderful things about this restaurant but our experience wasn't that great. We couldn't place it, but everything on our plates, from chicken to vegetables to biscuits had the same flavor and it wasn't appealing to us. Guess our tastes are more simple but it wasn't for us.Special Features:
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Love the location. The variety of food was excellent. I'm definitely coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perhaps not the fishGaryBDined on 2/12/2014Ordered the Ono special. Way over cooked. When we told our wait person, he was gracious and immediately took it away. Gave us another in about 15 minutes, but alas it was overcooked as well. Also ordered the Sea Food Hot Pot, normally one of my favoriets, but it too was a little over done. It is a cool place and will not give up on it.Special Features:
- Awesome Way to Spend a BirthdayRunThis35Dined on 2/9/2014I brought 12 women to celebrate my birthday with a booze-y brunch after yoga. Wonderful food. Great drinks. I am always thrilled to be here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST BRUNCHLuluDined on 2/8/2014I have been to Casper Fry multiple times for dinner so I was excited to try brunch. For what might have been the first time in my life, my entire family LOVED it! Usually one of us is unhappy when we go out, we have very differing tastes. Casper Fry proved it was possible for all six of us to have a great meal out together. The brisket and eggs with grits was to die for. My brother in law devoured the shrimp sandwich. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Addition to Perry Street!SpokaneKariDined on 2/7/2014We have now been to Casper Fry twice and have enjoyed both visits! Now both sets of friends we have taken have also taken their friends! I am afraid it is going to become so popular that we will never get a reservation again! Loved the cornbread! The Flat Iron Steak and Hamburgers are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern Style In SpokanesdenDined on 2/6/2014Having been to this restaurant several times for dinner, it is worth noting that the food is consistently good. The southern flair is ever present, however, the creative spin is very enjoyable. The flavors are fantastic and the wonderful aroma of a smokehouse hits you the second you walk in the door. Fun, busy, metropolitan style dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place but slow on deliveryDinerDined on 2/5/2014Cool neighborhood restaurant. The small plates were good. The chicken was moist but a bit sweet for my taste. Not sure what the service is usually like but it took us almost 45 minutes to get chicken, grits, and a burger. The waiter was nice and gave us some complimentary pie.Special Features:
- Always GeatBennyDined on 1/31/2014I have tried almost everything on the menu. Except they keep adding new surprises. This is a problem for me. I like to have a favorite menu item, that I know I can always go back to and I can count on it being great. The problem is, every time I try something new, it becomes my favorite. When I come back, I don't know what to order. Every thing is now my favorite. If they have a new item on the menu, I want to try it because I know it will be fantastic. But that is a problem. A good problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereniwdlabluapDined on 1/26/2014Wonderful food, friendly service and excellent ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceDocPollyDined on 1/19/2014Excellent food and brunch cocktails. Chairs hard for a long chit chat meal which is probably by design, but it is not the kind of soft plushy place where one wants to linger. These are old fashioned school seats like they had in desks long days ago. The high chairs by the round tables for two were fine but also good for quick chit chat and out brunch lasting about an hour was not one of memorable comfort, but the food was great. The maple bacon flavor outstanding. The hash browns so so and you would do better for that at a local diner. The coffee terrific but had to ask for refills. Nice place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014This was our first time at Casper frays. It was fabulous. We will be back,,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Perry DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014A group of friends and I decided to get together for dinner, decided on Casper Fry based on their selection of comfort foods on their menu. Upon arrival, the place was half full. I instantly thought Boston. The staff and hostess were all pretty hip and I recall one of my friends using the term "yuppie". Music was playing, the staff was excellent, plenty of conversations were taking lace throughout the entire room. Not only was out waiter super friendly, but he got all 10 orders correct. The food was awesome! Appetizers came out in what seemed as instanly. I'd recommend the house sausage or shrimp. For dinner, pork chop or meatloaf. It got pretty loud, but that's expected on a Friday night. Overall, we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBobPDined on 1/11/2014Which is difficult to achieve in Spokane. The trout was very nice. I hope to leave room for dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down HillDrMacDined on 1/11/2014I've been here several times over the past year. The flat iron steak was a sirloin cut. It was seasoned well, but tough. The waitress said that they have a different supplier. It was 45 minutes from the time we placed our order to get our food. The service has definitely deteriorated from a year ago. Not sure I'd go back.Special Features: