928 S. Perry St.
Spokane, WA 99202Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casperfry.com/
- Phone: 5095350536
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: W-M 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: M,W-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Josh Grimes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Casper Fry
We take our inspiration from the world around us. From Casper and a simpler time when American craftsmanship insured quality, and most foods were fresh, and grown locally. At Casper Fry we’ve crafted each detail with thought and care. Designing a restaurant, and a menu that is reflective of the classic foods of comfort, which invoke nostalgia, yet inspire us to reinvent. We’re taking a modern approach in recreating authentic Southern dishes, relying on the beautiful foods of our region. We feel strongly about reinvesting in our local economy, supporting our local farmers and ranchers, and contributing to a sustainable environment. We think it’s important to know the story about the food we eat. As a family with roots here, we’re excited to participate in the revitalization of the historic South Perry neighborhood. At Casper Fry we embody and embrace the vital strands of this essential fabric of our town, and we promise to always deliver non-complicated, farm inspired American true fContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Casper Fry - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Casper Fry reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (21)good for groups (20)hot spot (18)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- food good, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The salmon and the fried chicken were excellent. The salad with balsamic drsg and candied pecans and fennel would have been wonderful, but it was drowned in the balsamic dressing. We had to ask for water refills after waiting a long while, as the waiter must have been too busy to check on us. He was not very friendly either. The place was empty at 5pm when we arrived, but within an hour it was full so I would recommend making reservations ahead of time. A fun place to go with a group I think. Nice area as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals of my lifeCherelsterDined on 9/5/2014Casper Fry is just a solid, southern restraunt. After growing up in the south and moving to the PNW it's tough finding good southern food, but Casper Fry delivered. I got the fried chicken, one of the best meals of my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Atmosphere was fine. Service was fair. Wife and I had beef bbq ribs they were old and tasted reheated. Ordered drinks took way too long. Then ordered desert and was told they were out of coffee. Our guests were not sure they would go back either. We drove in from Post Falls. It was a Thursday evening at 6PM
- An Experience-Bomberbob1950Dined on 8/31/2014If you have not eaten Southern cooking, Casper Fry is the place to go. Great atmosphere and an eating adventure. Guaranteed to challenge your food choice and you will not be disappointed. Try it.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Service was quick and friendly. The food is excellent. we will be back with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F'n awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014If I lived in spokane I'd go to Casper Fry every night. Great atmosphere, great service, and a creative menu that focuses on local farmers and seasonal ingredients. It's great to find a place where the cooks actually cook; no short cuts and everything made from scratch. I hope the staff realize they've made Casper Fry the best restaurant in Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreleifanddaniDined on 8/29/2014Food was nothing special. Overpriced. The grilled oysters were the size of a quarter. The burger was awkward to easy and the flavored in the meat were overpowering. Service was slow.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Loved the décor !! We found the menu a bit limiting, especially for a plain eater ;-)Special Features:
- Glad I drove overOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014Great find in Spokane. Cocktails were fantastic. Grilled oysters were so-so but the braised short ribs and Kentucky derby pie made up for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greataklemDined on 8/27/2014We were ahead of two large groups--10 or more per table which seemed to cause a problem for the wait staff. Although we had booked on Open Table the hostess had a problem with seating us. We ordered small plates but they did not all arrive at the same time and we had to keep reminding the server--they trickled out. Maybe it was because it was 6:30 on a Wednesday night? We would not go back on a busy night.Special Features:
- First time there & loved itksinspoDined on 8/23/2014We were eight w/two kids for Saturday dinner. Indoors much too noisy to talk, so we moved outside. Servers very accommodating. Food absolutely delicious & imaginative. Salmon w/spaghetti squash perfectly cooked & delish! Caesar salad w/salmon, bacon dish starter & Jambalaya also excellent. Then we had the surprise pleasure of the South Perry Saturday outdoor movie being shown on the restaurant's wall right above our table, with hundreds of people in the parking lot next door. Such fun!!! This restaurant has heart and a personality all its own. No chain restaurant/franchise feel here. Will definitely recommend Casper Fry & look forward to returning again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodGaidonDined on 8/17/2014We went kind of as a last second idea. Food was okay, I had the burger she has shrimp and grits. The sauce on the shrimp was pretty overpowering. Burger was pretty good though. Nice patio and service was definitely good on such a slow night.Special Features:
- Great Place to Eatjdr2drDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were absolutely great. My ONLY complaint... I thought the prices were on the high side for the portions you get, but it is not a stopper for a return visit. With all the shrimp I got in my portion I guess the price was fair, but I left wanting more but was not going to pay 17.00 for more rice and stuff, small portions for the price.Special Features:
- Food was great!boogerDined on 8/14/2014This was my second time and have never been disappointed. The only down side was I have a picky six year old and it was difficult to find something for him. I would not suggest this place for parents of picky eaters. They did have a mac and cheese but my son doesn't like that either. The bacon app plus some garlic fries from another person's plate worked for him this time.Special Features:
- Great FindDesertratVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Creative and delicious menu, great bar and wonderful hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my Top 5 restaurant picks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Came to check out the drinks and fun atmosphere and couldn't stop talking about the food. Surprisingly one of the best salads in the city (we tried all 3!) and my salmon was cooked perfectly. Some members in group noted noise level being hard to talk/hear and uncomfortable seating but I didn't mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful ingredient combinationGlf2nDined on 7/23/2014It took over an hour to get our food. I ordered the shrimp and fritz and found the cauliflower and collard greens in the dish were not only an odd food combination, but tasted awful with the dish.
- Fun spotMissSFDined on 7/14/2014Love the farm to table feel. The homemade pimento cheese was very good. The shrimp was cooked to perfection, which is hard to do. Love the atmosphere. Easy parking and close to a park. Desert was a bit disappointing. A very good choice of salads. Some of the best coffee I had ever had at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCJCSDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner at Casper Fry. They have a small but varied selection of foods, punching well above its class. The whisky & cocktail selection was excellent, and my wife quite enjoyed her cocktail. I had a red ale, I can't recall the brewery, but it was excellent; they obviously choose their food and drink with care. My wife had a salad with pecans and fetta, and quite enjoyed it. They piled it high, very well done. I had a medley of cheesy grits, prawns, bits of ham, and roasted vegetables in a broth; a bit spicy, very good. I highly recommend it for a nice outing with your significant other, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- We'll Be Backat4qbDined on 7/2/2014Charming atmosphere, great menu, greater food, excellent service!at4qbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, seating comfort lacking.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Really enjoyed the good and also different food here. Service was great and all our dishes were excellent. Ambience is utilitarian sort of industrial and the chair fit that vibe but they are really uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveTheFryDined on 6/30/2014We LOVE Casper Fry. Food and service are excellent!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Pleased with Restaurant, table was ready on arrival, good service and the Fried Chicken was great.Special Features:
- Not allergy friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014There is very little to eat if you have a gluten or dairy allergy. Not a friendly restaurant or accommodating in that regard. Everyone else liked their food.
- YummyDocPollyDined on 6/27/2014Delicious food. Great cocktails. Intelligent, well informed and competent server. Very uncomfortable seats.Special Features:
- Great service, amazing food!MojoDined on 6/25/2014Our first time to Casper Fry was better than expected. This is one of the best restaurants I've been to in Spokane!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but slowChelleyEatsDined on 6/21/2014My boyfriend and I were at Casper Fry on a slow Saturday for brunch. There was a very large party in front of us (approx 15 people), which led to a wait of around 35 minutes after ordering for our food to arrive, despite the simplicity of the food. While the speed of service left a bit to be desired, the food was wonderful! The buttermilk pancakes were rich and delicious and my "eggs on toast" was a beautiful combination of simple, pure flavors courtesy of the local, organic purveyors. The environment is reminiscent of an old farmhouse with an industrial, wrought iron farm component in the furniture and decor. Quite comfortable and charming! I would highly recommend this spot for brunch for anyone willing to relax and wait for great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JV75Dined on 6/20/2014Relaxing atmosphere, great drinks, amazing food. To top it off, our waitress knew everything about every dish. She was able to answer all of our questions about what ingredients where in what dish, how it was prepared, etc. Bar tenders know their drinks and everyone working there seemed to happy about working there, which isn't always the case. The fried chicken dish that I had was hands down one of the top 3 fried chicken dishes I've ever had. My wife's steak was perfectly cooked, our appetizer was excellent as well. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunny99Dined on 6/20/2014Wanted to like it due to it's good reputation for a "neighborhood gem" but the chairs were not comfortable and the food was expensive and not that delicious. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Southern style with a KICK!!CahalajDined on 6/11/2014Southeast and Southwest, southern style cooking with a KICK, both to the palate and the checkbook. Shrimp & Grits sauce was RICH, with a lingering after BURN. Jambalaya was dry, yet full of flavor. Both dishes need to be served with crusty bread or hard rolls to soften the spicy taste for lightweights. Pork chop was succulent! Fried chicken had crisp breading, but was dry and food was cool. Seems like the chicken had sat waiting for other dishes to be cooked. Ambiance is nice, creative interiors and design. Nice urban style, intimate patio for outdoor dining. Overall, great dining experience in the wonderful PERRY STREET DISTRICT.Special Features:
- Great for the most part.CandipieDined on 6/6/2014We really enjoyed everything, but when your entrees came out two of our orders were under cooked. We had to send both pork chops back, one still came back undercooked. We were refunded the price of that dish, but I was really disappointed. We have been to casper fry before and this was the first time anything like this happened; of course when you take guests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good form! Good form!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014Last Friday my wife and I were celebrating her 30th birthday together away from our incredible, but monsterous children. A few drinks started our evening off with a bang -- my basil hayden old fashioned was beautiful FYI -- with the best bacon I've ever had in my life! Don't drop it from the menu. Ever. The only dropping you should do it drop some one at my doorstep every morning. So good! So good in fact we're calling your pork source to order a partial pig. Supporting local is our gig and we'd been looking for a good pig place for a while. My burger arrived alongside my wife's chicken, which came about an hour after we arrived, but nbd. Again, incredible taste and texture. Brilliant. Good service, comfy atmosphere. See u soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DjackDined on 6/6/2014The duck was awesome! The service was great and the desert pecan pie was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casper Fry SurpriseSeattleSpoiledVIPDined on 5/29/2014First time diner and what a nice surprise! Trout was described as wild caught in ID but I am suspicious. Delicious tho, as was biscuit served with fried chix. However clams had a strong taste (not so fresh) and chicken was average. Drinks, wine, server all delightful and will give it another try! Thursday night Farmers Mkt next door another nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just MeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We went on our anniversary and enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- very disappointed!disappointedDined on 5/24/2014We both ordered the fried chicken. It looked like and tasted like warmed up leftovers from the day before. The chicken was greasy and barely warm. The mashed potatoes were watery and also barely warm. The best thing about the meal was the jalapeno butter! After paying way to much for a meal we didn't eat, we went somewhere else and had a puzza! We will not go back or recommend this place to anyone.
- Southern food for the NorthwestGinAndButterDined on 5/23/2014My friends all love this place, and my brother-in-law used to work in the kitchen before he moved, yet I had somehow never managed to check Casper Fry out for myself. Using the reservation app, we didn't have to wait long (unlike the 20 or so people waiting for a table as we left). When it came time to order, a lot of menu items were tempting. But I chose their shrimp and grits while my husband chose the fried chicken. Both were good, however, my dish has a broth poured over it that was not mentioned in the menu. While the cheddar grits were some of the best I've had (so buttery!), the shrimp was overcooked, and the broth made getting at the grits a sort of fishing expedition. BUT those grits were sooo good I am still planning on going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Casper Fry reviews archive.
- Service was slowShellyDined on 5/22/2014Food was very good , a little expensive and the service was very slow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outoutuvtownerDined on 5/17/2014The food was great from appetizer through dessert. Very well done! Service was good and our wait staff was very friendly. At times a bit slow, but the place was full by 7:00. Try one of the barrel aged cocktails, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant EateryGourMandeDined on 5/16/2014Looking for a vibrant atmosphere with good food, this is your place.Special Features: