928 S. Perry St.
Spokane, WA 99202Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casperfry.com/
- Phone: 5095350536
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: W-M 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: M,W-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Josh Grimes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Casper Fry
We take our inspiration from the world around us. From Casper and a simpler time when American craftsmanship insured quality, and most foods were fresh, and grown locally. At Casper Fry we’ve crafted each detail with thought and care. Designing a restaurant, and a menu that is reflective of the classic foods of comfort, which invoke nostalgia, yet inspire us to reinvent. We’re taking a modern approach in recreating authentic Southern dishes, relying on the beautiful foods of our region. We feel strongly about reinvesting in our local economy, supporting our local farmers and ranchers, and contributing to a sustainable environment. We think it’s important to know the story about the food we eat. As a family with roots here, we’re excited to participate in the revitalization of the historic South Perry neighborhood. At Casper Fry we embody and embrace the vital strands of this essential fabric of our town, and we promise to always deliver non-complicated, farm inspired American true fContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Casper Fry - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Casper Fry reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (19)hot spot (17)good for groups (15)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We went kind of as a last second idea. Food was okay, I had the burger she has shrimp and grits. The sauce on the shrimp was pretty overpowering. Burger was pretty good though. Nice patio and service was definitely good on such a slow night.Special Features:
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014This was my second time and have never been disappointed. The only down side was I have a picky six year old and it was difficult to find something for him. I would not suggest this place for parents of picky eaters. They did have a mac and cheese but my son doesn't like that either. The bacon app plus some garlic fries from another person's plate worked for him this time.Special Features:
- Great FindDesertratVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Creative and delicious menu, great bar and wonderful hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my Top 5 restaurant picks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Came to check out the drinks and fun atmosphere and couldn't stop talking about the food. Surprisingly one of the best salads in the city (we tried all 3!) and my salmon was cooked perfectly. Some members in group noted noise level being hard to talk/hear and uncomfortable seating but I didn't mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful ingredient combinationGlf2nDined on 7/23/2014It took over an hour to get our food. I ordered the shrimp and fritz and found the cauliflower and collard greens in the dish were not only an odd food combination, but tasted awful with the dish.
- Fun spotMissSFDined on 7/14/2014Love the farm to table feel. The homemade pimento cheese was very good. The shrimp was cooked to perfection, which is hard to do. Love the atmosphere. Easy parking and close to a park. Desert was a bit disappointing. A very good choice of salads. Some of the best coffee I had ever had at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCJCSDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner at Casper Fry. They have a small but varied selection of foods, punching well above its class. The whisky & cocktail selection was excellent, and my wife quite enjoyed her cocktail. I had a red ale, I can't recall the brewery, but it was excellent; they obviously choose their food and drink with care. My wife had a salad with pecans and fetta, and quite enjoyed it. They piled it high, very well done. I had a medley of cheesy grits, prawns, bits of ham, and roasted vegetables in a broth; a bit spicy, very good. I highly recommend it for a nice outing with your significant other, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- We'll Be Backat4qbDined on 7/2/2014Charming atmosphere, great menu, greater food, excellent service!at4qbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, seating comfort lacking.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Really enjoyed the good and also different food here. Service was great and all our dishes were excellent. Ambience is utilitarian sort of industrial and the chair fit that vibe but they are really uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveTheFryDined on 6/30/2014We LOVE Casper Fry. Food and service are excellent!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Pleased with Restaurant, table was ready on arrival, good service and the Fried Chicken was great.Special Features:
- Not allergy friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014There is very little to eat if you have a gluten or dairy allergy. Not a friendly restaurant or accommodating in that regard. Everyone else liked their food.
- YummyDocPollyDined on 6/27/2014Delicious food. Great cocktails. Intelligent, well informed and competent server. Very uncomfortable seats.Special Features:
- Great service, amazing food!MojoDined on 6/25/2014Our first time to Casper Fry was better than expected. This is one of the best restaurants I've been to in Spokane!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but slowChelleyEatsDined on 6/21/2014My boyfriend and I were at Casper Fry on a slow Saturday for brunch. There was a very large party in front of us (approx 15 people), which led to a wait of around 35 minutes after ordering for our food to arrive, despite the simplicity of the food. While the speed of service left a bit to be desired, the food was wonderful! The buttermilk pancakes were rich and delicious and my "eggs on toast" was a beautiful combination of simple, pure flavors courtesy of the local, organic purveyors. The environment is reminiscent of an old farmhouse with an industrial, wrought iron farm component in the furniture and decor. Quite comfortable and charming! I would highly recommend this spot for brunch for anyone willing to relax and wait for great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JV75Dined on 6/20/2014Relaxing atmosphere, great drinks, amazing food. To top it off, our waitress knew everything about every dish. She was able to answer all of our questions about what ingredients where in what dish, how it was prepared, etc. Bar tenders know their drinks and everyone working there seemed to happy about working there, which isn't always the case. The fried chicken dish that I had was hands down one of the top 3 fried chicken dishes I've ever had. My wife's steak was perfectly cooked, our appetizer was excellent as well. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunny99Dined on 6/20/2014Wanted to like it due to it's good reputation for a "neighborhood gem" but the chairs were not comfortable and the food was expensive and not that delicious. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Southern style with a KICK!!CahalajDined on 6/11/2014Southeast and Southwest, southern style cooking with a KICK, both to the palate and the checkbook. Shrimp & Grits sauce was RICH, with a lingering after BURN. Jambalaya was dry, yet full of flavor. Both dishes need to be served with crusty bread or hard rolls to soften the spicy taste for lightweights. Pork chop was succulent! Fried chicken had crisp breading, but was dry and food was cool. Seems like the chicken had sat waiting for other dishes to be cooked. Ambiance is nice, creative interiors and design. Nice urban style, intimate patio for outdoor dining. Overall, great dining experience in the wonderful PERRY STREET DISTRICT.Special Features:
- Great for the most part.CandipieDined on 6/6/2014We really enjoyed everything, but when your entrees came out two of our orders were under cooked. We had to send both pork chops back, one still came back undercooked. We were refunded the price of that dish, but I was really disappointed. We have been to casper fry before and this was the first time anything like this happened; of course when you take guests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good form! Good form!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014Last Friday my wife and I were celebrating her 30th birthday together away from our incredible, but monsterous children. A few drinks started our evening off with a bang -- my basil hayden old fashioned was beautiful FYI -- with the best bacon I've ever had in my life! Don't drop it from the menu. Ever. The only dropping you should do it drop some one at my doorstep every morning. So good! So good in fact we're calling your pork source to order a partial pig. Supporting local is our gig and we'd been looking for a good pig place for a while. My burger arrived alongside my wife's chicken, which came about an hour after we arrived, but nbd. Again, incredible taste and texture. Brilliant. Good service, comfy atmosphere. See u soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DjackDined on 6/6/2014The duck was awesome! The service was great and the desert pecan pie was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casper Fry SurpriseSeattleSpoiledVIPDined on 5/29/2014First time diner and what a nice surprise! Trout was described as wild caught in ID but I am suspicious. Delicious tho, as was biscuit served with fried chix. However clams had a strong taste (not so fresh) and chicken was average. Drinks, wine, server all delightful and will give it another try! Thursday night Farmers Mkt next door another nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just MeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We went on our anniversary and enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- very disappointed!disappointedDined on 5/24/2014We both ordered the fried chicken. It looked like and tasted like warmed up leftovers from the day before. The chicken was greasy and barely warm. The mashed potatoes were watery and also barely warm. The best thing about the meal was the jalapeno butter! After paying way to much for a meal we didn't eat, we went somewhere else and had a puzza! We will not go back or recommend this place to anyone.
- Southern food for the NorthwestGinAndButterDined on 5/23/2014My friends all love this place, and my brother-in-law used to work in the kitchen before he moved, yet I had somehow never managed to check Casper Fry out for myself. Using the reservation app, we didn't have to wait long (unlike the 20 or so people waiting for a table as we left). When it came time to order, a lot of menu items were tempting. But I chose their shrimp and grits while my husband chose the fried chicken. Both were good, however, my dish has a broth poured over it that was not mentioned in the menu. While the cheddar grits were some of the best I've had (so buttery!), the shrimp was overcooked, and the broth made getting at the grits a sort of fishing expedition. BUT those grits were sooo good I am still planning on going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slowShellyDined on 5/22/2014Food was very good , a little expensive and the service was very slow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outoutuvtownerDined on 5/17/2014The food was great from appetizer through dessert. Very well done! Service was good and our wait staff was very friendly. At times a bit slow, but the place was full by 7:00. Try one of the barrel aged cocktails, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant EateryGourMandeDined on 5/16/2014Looking for a vibrant atmosphere with good food, this is your place.Special Features:
- Depends on Menu ItemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014I had the trout. It was excellent. Could have used an extra dish for the bones. My husband had the jambalaya. The rice was dry, the shrimp was overcooked and there was not much else on the plate even though the menu said described it as having other ingredients.Special Features:
- Not the best...SpokaneFoodieDined on 5/10/2014The coffee was really really bad. It had a sour aftertaste making me think it was either burnt of made of poor quality coffee. In addition the ham that i ordered was little pieces of fatty meat that were basically inedible. I think we were all rather disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedmonkghiDined on 5/8/2014I have really enjoyed Casper Fry in the past. We can for date night. What should have been a great burger with house made bun, cheese, bacon, ketchup aioli was really over salted. Almost inedible. The fries were also overly salty. The "ribs" were very fatty and tasted like a roast rather than a short rib. The drinks were good, but not worth 10$. Overall, sad that a great place has now gone down hill. I know they changed chefs so that might be it. Really over priced also...tab was 100$. Not worth it. Go for drinks or appetizers.
- Great unique place with unreal foodFoodiefoodiefoodieDined on 5/4/2014We went with a group of 6, and we were extremely pleased with the place. It was very cute, and the decor was fantastic! The menu was on the smaller size, but every option sounded great, and had something different to offer. The food was GREAT and I have absolutely no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowhungry1Dined on 5/3/2014Recent Saturday brunch for 3: food was delicious, server was pleasant. We liked the unique menu offerings (although several were unavailable), but given the few diners present, our meal was extremely slow to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place - great flavorsDandTSDined on 5/1/2014We had heard a lot of great things about Casper Fry and the Perry District and we have to agree it is a fun place ... and the food flavors were great, however the roasted chicken was really over cooked (too dry to eat).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ever visit to Casper FrysoararseDined on 4/30/2014Read about this Restaurant in the Inlander and since Southern Cajun/Creole recipes appeal to me I had to give it a try. The dark wood decor was beautiful except for the Chairs. The chairs had to be the most uncomfortable seating I have ever had the unpleasant experience of suffering ever at a restaurant. The Beer was cold and refreshing, the food was Delicious, the service was a little lacking in that our server was mostly too busy with other needy customers and forgot my friends request for Lemon not once but twice. All and all a fine dining experience, except for the CHAIRS. Loose the chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood eateryMoexxxDined on 4/26/2014Food has been very good - the service is questionable at times - think they have a big turn over in waiters/waitresses! Seats are quite uncomfortable and there is no place to sit if you have to wait for a table. It is a typical little neighborhood restaurant with good food but that's about it - No ambience - Not somewhere you would go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellent experience!!MarciaDined on 4/25/2014The menu selections are outstanding! I especially loved the vegan option; so creative with fabulous presentation and flavors that burst. You don't often find this in a vegan menu selection. Kudos to Casper Fry! The service was also outstanding, friendly, attentive and very helpful. I highly recommend this gem in Spokane!!Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Casper Fry reviews archive.
- noisy but funtravelswithdogsDined on 4/19/2014Interesting menu items made it hard to choose between items. everything we ordered was excellent. The restaurant was loud but it made it feel vibrant. Service was attentive. We had a lovely meal and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would return with a doubt!YoungmommaDined on 4/19/2014The food is amazing, we tried at least four different menu items and all was sooo good. This was a metro dinning atmosphere, very young and fun. Would recommend again and again, great southern creole food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodladuree11VIPDined on 4/14/2014Great service, great food. A gem in Spokane. Our only complaint was that our server didn't clear the rest of our dirty dishes at the end of our meal... so even though our group stayed a bit longer to converse after our meal was finished, we sat there with several dirty dishes at our table. Not a big deal, but should be noted. Thanks for a really great meal.Special Features: