563 Haddon Avenue
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mycasona.com/
- Phone: 8568545555x
- Hours of Operation:
New Fall/Winter Hours
Dinner: 5pm to 9pm
Dinner: 5pm to 9pm
Dinner: 5pm to 9pm
Lunch: 11:30am to 3:00pm
Dinner: 5pm to 10pm
(Closed 3pm to 5pm)
Brunch: 11:am to 3pm
Dinner: 5pm to 10pm
(Closed 3pm to 5pm)
Brunch: 11am to 3pm
Dinner: 4pm to 8pm
(Closed 3pm to 4pm)
Due to the popularity of our Porch, during dinner we are able
to guarantee Porch seating only between the hours of 5pm & 6:30pm.
We strive to accomodate everyone's requests!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Vegetarian, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Pedro Reyes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Casona is a full service caterer offering a unique selection of dishes for your event. We offer off-site catering for parties for 10 to 500. For a sampling of our catering packages, please see our website, www.mycasona.com or contact Mark Infantado @609-685-6968
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our guests a Caribbean atmosphere, porch seating, a selection of incredible unique catering packages, cozy private party rooms, as well as a game room with pool table, darts,karaoke machine & music. Parties of 10 to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Infantado 6096856968x
- Entertainment: Check our website, www.mycasona.com, for our schedule of live music entertainment on Friday nights and special events.
- Special Events: Check our website for current events such as Ladies Night, Charity Events, Local Collingswood happenings & more. www.mycasona.com
- Cross Street: Knight Road
- Public Transit: PATCO Speed line (Special Promotion for PATCO Freedom Card Holders!) FREEDOM Card holders now have the FREEDOM to Save! Show us your FREEDOM Card when you visit us and receive $10 off any order of $50 or more.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street
A word from Casona Restaurant
Casona, the little Havana in the heart of Collingswood, features a menu ranging from traditional Cuban fare to Nouveau Latin cuisine. Casona is the home to truly innovative mouth-watering traditional Cuban favorites that include many gluten free & vegetarian menu options. Our in-house coffee bar features an international line of authentic coffees, espressos & teas, as well as unique virgin smoothies, tropical combinations, imported sodas & ice teas. Our chef, Pedro Reyes, has created a tantalizing menu that is sure to satisfy even the most discerning of Latin palates. In addition to our cozy dining room, we offer outdoor seating on our tranquil wrap around porch that can be enjoyed all year round. Join us for lunch, dinner or our award winning Sunday brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casona Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- We went to sample the fallstrawberryVIPDined on 10/18/2013We went to sample the fall harvest festival and did enjoy all the pumpkin influences. Too bad pumpkin options couldn't be offered in the entree part too! Loved he soup, guacamole andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week birthday dinnerlowen1Dined on 10/15/2013Food had a 'pumpkin' theme for Fall. Innovative pumpkin and crab soup and pumpkin-based desserts were special. Waiter was very helpful and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is so-so; service the sameLocalFoodie29Dined on 10/12/2013Our food came out lukewarm and tasting just okay. Service was eh... we asked for wine glasses and were kept waiting for 15 minutes before asking a busboy who brought them right over. Server didn't stop by to ask if anyone needed water refills, and brought us the check before we even looked at the dessert menu.
- amazing food & people!mdevereauxDined on 10/12/2013the food, especially the gluten free options, were AMAZING!!! ...the staff is knowledgeable, friendly & efficient... i would highly recommend this authentic and amazing restaurant to anyone without hesitation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed dining experienceAnnaP13Dined on 10/4/2013Seating was not over cramped. Service was great and all staff was sufficiently attentive. Pulled flank steak dish w/creole sauce and plantains was delicious...I substituted the chipotle mashed potatoes for the rice which I think made the dish even more delicious.. Enjoyed the whole experience..Special Features:
- didn't like it at all---won'tkathyVIPDined on 10/2/2013didn't like it at all---won't be back--dinner was fair at best
- reviewCarlVIPDined on 10/1/2013My friend from work had told me about this place. She said the food was great and the service was decent. What my friends and I experienced was lackluster food and service that was extremely slow and unattentive. Our favorite part about our dining experience was the outdoor seating on the porch.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!!NicMatteoDined on 9/29/2013That entree and dessert was excellent! Best Cubsn food I have had so far. Comfortable setting and love the outdoor dining...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ceviche and BYOB!ItalianStallionDined on 9/28/2013We come to this place twice per year because of its awesome ceviche. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our meal.NewellDined on 9/27/2013Thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Just the right portion size.Special Features:
- Service was so slow. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2013Service was so slow. There was a table with two little children that was there forever! There's nothing given prior to your food arriving. You would think they would give salsa or anything would of been nice. Sitting and waiting with nothing in front of you makes the wait seem much longer. We wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Great DiningMelindaDined on 9/22/2013We loved dining at Casona. This was our second time as a family. There were 10 of us and the service from reservation making to paying the check was just right. The food was excellent and authentic. I highly recommend this for upscale casual Latin American Fusion cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but left with headacheskrivDined on 9/20/2013Some of the best Cuban food in the area. The restaurant is fairly small and they had musicians- good music, just not fitting for the restaurant and was way too loud.
- Gluten Free Friendly Cuban FoodSchroematoDined on 9/20/2013This is a great gluten free friendly BYOB spot in Collingswood. It has a great outdoor area and some nice traditional Cuban food. We went on a Friday nigh for date night and had a solid experience. We are gluten free so we started the night with the Shrimp Chicharron and Tortilla Soup. The shrimp was fantastic. It was breaded with masa and the sauce was great. The soup was a little bland and needed more tortilla chips, but the fresh avocado on top was a nice touch. For dinner we did the Churassco Steak and the Vaca Frita. The steak with the Churassco was very flavorful, as was the sauce, but the sides were lacking. The Vaca Frita was great all around. We will absolutely be coming back soon.Special Features:
- Great Cuban foodQueenMarthaDined on 9/18/2013The server was great in explaining the dishes, and the chef was accommodating in agreeing to prepare several of the dishes without onions since one of our party was allergic. Since it was a weekday, we were not rushed and were given plenty of time to enjoy our meal and socialize. Plus there were choices for both vegetarians and meat lovers, as well as gluten free selections. The food was nicely presented, too. We can see why this restaurant is a local favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unnecessary musiccasonadinerDined on 9/17/2013During our dinner, one of the employees sang / played piano.The entertainment was unnecessary considering how crowded the place was. The loudness of the piano made us raise our voices to be able to hear each other. The music that was played was not in the style of the restaurant and felt a little out of place. Otherwise the food was good, though a little pricey for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great but piano was looouuddd!GirlsniteoutDined on 9/17/2013The food was excellent and the service was great!! However, about halfway thru the meal a piano player began with "live" entertainment. Oy! She was very loud and seemed to scream the lyrics. It was very difficult to hold a conversation with my table mates. We had to talk even louder to hear each other and continue our conversation. This is why i gave fewer stars for ambience. Other than that, it was a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!VictoriaVIPDined on 9/14/2013Love this place. Been twice and was great both timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very niceMeetinCJDined on 9/11/2013The food lacked any sort of discernable taste. Overall, I felt that it was overpriced.
- Awesome Spot!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013Beautiful out door area. Romantic. Food was excellent and we didnt wait long for our food. Waitress Anna was awesome. She didnt rush us out of the resturant. Very friendly service from the bus boys and hostesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmm, my mother always toldRiverJoeDined on 9/6/2013Hmm, my mother always told me "if you can't say something nice...." Where to start? Tables should have table cloths - nit-picking here but with $20+ entrees it's not too much to ask. An automatic 20% gratuity for 5 or more is ridiculous. Our 5th person was our 7 year old. MOST restaurants will add 18% with groups of 6, sometimes 8 or more. Based on the food and service I would NOT have tipped 20%. We parked at a meter directly across the street and fed it to 1hr 50 mins. I said aloud "we'll NEVER need all that time". We returned to our car with only 5 minutes left - S L O W was the rule....except when we ordered fried plantains, which came out in about 30 seconds cold. Food was "eh" I'm sorry, glory days have long passed.
- Good...but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2013Food was decent. Nothing to rave about. We got the quacamole appetizer that came in three flavors: regualar, crab, and pistachios. The crab was good. The pistachios got soggy. In the end, I was perfectly content with the regular. I got the mahi mahi. it was extremely salty but at least it didn't taste gamey. For the menu prices they had, the food was just OK. This is my 4th time there. I think I've been there enough. The best dish I ever got was the guacomole appetizer that had grapefruit in it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/1/2013The food was good; I ordered the dorado and it was delicious and the trio guacamole was a nice mix up. My father ordered the pork chunks and said it was just ok. We also ordered the tres leches for dessert, as the waitress said it was very good - overstatement. The service was terrible! The waitress was unattentive and took far too long to take our orders. She would scurry away from the table the second we'd pause.. Our water glasses were empty most of the dinner, despite asking many times for refills. We had to literally get up from the table and walk to the register to pay our bill because the waitress was not returning to take the credit card. We will not be returning and I would not recommend Casona Restaurant.
- It was a really nice experience.JonGDined on 9/1/2013I am a Collingswood resident and passed by Casona many times but never stopped in. My date and I had a really wonderful experience. The food was outstanding. We had the Brisket and Flounder specials. To start off we had the traditional guacamole with chips. It was so fresh and not made with filler. Overall the service and ambiance were exceptional. Jarred our server was attentive and very nice. I highly recommend Casona for dinner and the romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedChuckwalladudeVIPDined on 8/29/2013After a long hiatus, we had dinner at Casona. The food and service were exceptional. We loved the salmon ceviche and guacamole appetizers. I had the paella and it was delicious. We are looking forward to our next visit. Kudos to Diana, our waitperson. She was top notch.Special Features:
- OK OnlyLuvGoodFoodDined on 8/24/2013I picked this restaurant based on recommendations as a nice experience where Latin cuisine is concerned. It is in an old corner large Victorian home which offers outside seating (which I could not get despite availability as I watched throughout the evening) on a wrap-around porch. Tables inside are nice but slightly cramped and very noisey! The food was ok...just ok. The Paella was very good particularly the next day since I could not finish it all in one seating. Being a Latin cuisine enthusiaist, I was excited to try but as with most American offered Latin cuisine establishments, it was just ok and missing the creativity and flavor of authentic Latin/Spanish style cooking I was looking for.Special Features:
- Dinner date outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2013We were disappointed in they yucca fritas , they were over cooked and tough, our tortilla soup was just awful, we didn't even eat it, service mediocre,,,,waitress seemed stressed and we were almost the only ones there most of the time. My friend ordered one item and received something else, requesting no sour cream, her plate was brought to her covered with sour cream and the wrong appetizer to boot. The ambiance of sitting on the patio was very nice, could be romantic as well. In essence we will not be returning to this restaurant. Sorry to say.Special Features:
- This was not my first diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013This was not my first dining experience at this restaurant. I have to say that the first time it wowed me however on subsequent occasions I felt the food was good but not outstanding. My son and I shared the paella. We felt this time it was pricey rice. Our server was really nice. But what really was intolerable was the noise level. While the band is playing I think people feel they have to talk over the music. I liked the music but it does add to the overall noise level. I find it hard to enjoy the dining out with my family when you can't have a normal conversation with them. Unfortunately I couldn't wait to get out of there. I was hoping to dine out on the porch but was told that nothing was available.Special Features:
- Great guacamoleJag3VIPDined on 8/11/2013Outside patio was great. The food was very tasty. Will definitely return, love that it was also byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely patio!tough2pleaseDined on 8/10/2013We were looking for a new place to dine in Collingswood, which is full of great places to eat. Casona proved to be very good, with a big porch that actually had a number of larger parties on it. There was live music (a special event) and the food was delicious! I had the salmon which was cooked perfectly. The service was timed well and the servers accommodating and friendly. Definitely worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very High noise levelRgarth2Dined on 8/10/2013It was difficult to converse with each other as well as the wait staff. The food was very good and the service OK on a busy weekend night. Parking was a hassel. Do not plan to return anytime soon.
- We dine out frequently - sometimesPrinceDined on 8/3/2013We dine out frequently - sometimes 2 or 3 times a week. Casona and its Cuban-flavored food provide a pleasant change from other restaurants. It's nice to dine on the patio when available and the prices are reasonable. A good change-of-pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old favorite, but bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013Our waiter apologized at the outset that it was his first night back after a multi-year hiatus, which I understand would be difficult. But, it was a Saturday night, and management should have made sure it was an easier transition back - service took for ever! I ordered my soup as a starter, but only got to take two bites before my main came out. My husband and I both felt like the meal was ruined by the service. We will go back, because we love the food - and hopefully next time is back to normal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2013I dunno how but none of the reviews I glanced at mentioned this. Got there looking to have a few drinks and was upset we couldn't. Outside that, the food was excellent and really as good as Cuba Libre, without having to deal with old city. Service was good and the outdoor seating was great!Special Features:
- Farm to Fork WeekJackDined on 7/26/2013Everything about our evening at Casona's was excellent. The four course meal was perfect!Special Features:
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2013We enjoyed this quaint rstablishment. There was a pretty full room when we arrived. The wood floors I guess made the sound Carry very well. My husband had to move closer To hear me over crowd. There's an out door Seating area that would be great in nice weather. We are not that famiar with Cuban food . We Enjoyed the chimichangas and gaucamole. There is a cute coffee bar as well . We will try It next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there many timescrowld00Dined on 7/14/2013Nice place to take the family if you like this type of food - I do!Special Features:
- Good for adults and kids!LoriRVIPDined on 7/12/2013We're always looking out for restaurants that have excellent food for adults, but are kid-friendly enough that we can bring along our three kids (ages 9, 8 and 6). We had been to Casona before with just adults and decided to try it with the kids this time. The adult food was very good (love the ceviche!); the kids menu had some nice options beyond the standard chicken fingers; and we all enjoyed the margaritas -- it worked well to order a pitcher of the undoctored margaritas and then add tequila to just the adult ones. We were concerned that the live music might be too loud, but we really enjoyed the acoustic guitar duet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual CelebrationTata1964Dined on 7/10/2013We have been to Casona several times but this time we experienced the outdoor dining.....it was very nice. Food is always exquisite!!! The service was great.....specifically our waitress Anna.....she was very accomodating & pleasant!!! I always recommend Casona to family & friends whether it is for a romantic dinner or a casual get together! ENJOYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food!LouiseDined on 7/9/2013My fiancée and I love this place! This was Our fourth visit and first time not ordering the paella. We each loved our meals. I had short ribs and he had a pork dish. The traditional guacamole is killer and the tres leches cake is definitely worth saving room for! The service was a little slow but good. They even moved us inside when the Mosquitos started biting on the porch. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.