Casola Dining Room - Schenectady County Community College
78 Washington Avenue
Schenectady, NY 12305Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Casola Dining Room - Schenectady County Community College
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sunysccc.edu/culinary
- Phone: 5183811391
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 7:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, International
- Executive Chef: Rocco Verrigni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View
- Entertainment: American Regional and International music. The music chosen for that particular day or evening is chosen to best match the culinary theme of the cuisine served in the Casola Dining Room that week.
- Cross Street: State Street
- Public Transit: Schenectady County Community College is centrally located in downtown Schenectady at the corner of State Street (Route 5) and Washington Avenue. Bus and Amtrak train terminals are within easy walking distance, and Albany International Airport is 25 minutes by car or taxi. The College is also served by CDTA local bus service.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample parking is available in spacious campus lots.
A word from Casola Dining Room - Schenectady County Community College
The Casola Dining Room is a student operated dining facility located on the first floor of Elston Hall at Schenectady County Community College. The Casola Dining Room provides our students in the Department of Hotel, Culinary Arts and Tourism the opportunity to learn the necessary cooking, service, and managerial skills required for a la carte service. The Casola Dining Room is first and foremost an educational experience for our students.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casola Dining Room - Schenectady County Community College reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bomb ThreatBBsworldDined on 4/22/2014Unfortunately, when we arrived at the restaurant, which is attached to Schenectady Co. Comm. College, it had been evacuated because of a bomb threat. The entire lunch and dinner were cancelled for the day! Very disappointing! It was also the last Tues. for the semester so I will have to wait til the Fall session.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealLoveCasolaDined on 4/14/2014Enjoyed another great meal with my wife and brother-in-law and his wife. Looking forward to another awesome meal on 4/21.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatDaveDined on 4/9/2014Canola Dining was a great dinner experience for us. The students did a great with the preparation and presentation of the meal. Our service was excellent. We will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Our waiter was fantastic,NettoDined on 3/3/2014Our waiter was fantastic, and obviously experienced at it. The students worked very hard. Wonderful food! A great value! The restaurant was a little on the chilly side for comfort.Special Features:
- you will be sure to return to....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014Excellent ambiance,food and service. They aim to please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for everyoneparachutewomanDined on 2/26/2014This was a nice comfortable place for a delicious lunch. The appetizers (empanadas and tapas) were very good and the entrees (monk fish and paella) were thoroughly enjoyed. The dessert was not only great to eat but elegant in display. It was easy to have a conversation at the table even though the room was busy with staff getting patrons their food. The only drawback was our waiter rushing us.... even so we'll be back as this is the best deal to try different foods with a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a delightful diningAmyrDined on 2/10/2014It was a delightful dining experience for our party of four. The wait staff were courteous, the food was very good (mostly excellent), and it was definitely a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual Casola met and surpassedRatingByMaxDined on 11/5/2013As usual Casola met and surpassed expectations. While recognizing that the function of the operation is to provide a hand-on learning experience, not only is the quality of the food consistently very good, the on-the floor teaching is conducted in an unobtrusive manner and in such a way that it enhances the quality of the service and dining experience.Special Features:
- Casola deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2013lovely atmosphere for conversation; waitstaff extremely polite and helpful; food served hot and very interesting recipesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a wonderful place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2013what a wonderful place to eat - fine dining, excellent food, and the students who wait the tables are so enthusiastic about their profession and program. And you can't beat the price!I would recommend this to a friend.
- See Culinary Students Performfood4thoughtDined on 10/30/2013Schenectady Community College has a great culinary program. You get to see and enjoy their students learning their trade in an elegant setting. Great food, good service and great (fixed) price. Limited menu, but it changes weekly and you can choose which week you go. Your only tip is your anonymous review and recommendations on food, service and total experience, on the way out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love going here each weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2013We love going here each week and seeing how the student progress.
- Diamond in SchenectadyLindaDined on 10/29/2013Casola dining room is a wonderful place to go for dinner. It has a beautiful ambiance, iti s affordable, and it supports our local college students in the culinary classes! Linda BeliveauSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casola is always a pleasureDaddyEatsWellDined on 10/28/2013As usual, my wife and I had a delicious meal at a great price. Although we have a daughter that will be graduating SCCC soon, we will continue to support this establishment as much as possible. It's a win-win for everyone involved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined Monday Oct 28th.CindyDined on 10/28/2013We dined Monday Oct 28th. We have friends that are in the culinary program and they encouraged us to try it. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Can't wait for next week. Bringing another couple with us. I already know what I'm ordering!! Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceJackDined on 10/17/2013It was enjoyable to be able to lend support to the educational experience of the students. My wife and I particularly enjoyed our interaction with Robert as both our waiter and as manager, as he had a professional, caring, friendly and consistent style, at whatever table he was serving or interacting with. The quality and presentation of the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed the Hawaiian dinnerLissaDined on 10/15/2013I enjoyed the Hawaiian dinner a great deal. I frequently go to Casola Dining Room each semester and liked the fact that they tried something different. Thomas was our server and was very attentive to what we needed. Overall this was one of the best experiences I had at the Casola Dining Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casola Dining RoomLuv2DineDined on 10/9/2013A training restaurant for Schenectady County Community College which is known for it's culinary program. The food is almost always very good and tends to get better as the school year progresses. If you don't mind the training environment and are willing to give constructive feedback in a positive way, then there is no better deal for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeZhivagoDined on 10/8/2013This was our first time at Casola. We were all very pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the dining room is. It's quite romantic, spacious and well decorated. The food was great also, especially for the all inclusive price of $22. The preparation and presentation rivals any fine restaurant anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Presentation and ServiceRatingByMaxDined on 10/7/2013Food, Presentation and Service were consistently excellent. The only slightly negative comment was that the salad had a bit too much endive and was not as balanced as expected. Everything else was done to to perfection. the Harvest Bread - unfortunately - was outstanding, leading our table to eat far too much - but that is Not a complaint. The chicken was done to perfection, thoroughly cooked, but remaining moist throughout. The deserts presented made it impossible to choose. We decided on the chocolate and were not disappointed. It was excellent. Even the first semester servers performed like prose and addressed questions promptly when they did not know the answer to a question, checked with the chef and returned with a response.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an excellent meal servedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013Had an excellent meal served by attentive student servers !Special Features:
- Fun FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013What a fun find. The culinary students at SCC prepare, serve and staff the Casola dining room. The food was great and the service was good, too.Special Features:
- The restaurant looks veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013The restaurant looks very nice and the food was wonderful. We brought our own wine as it's not served in the dining room unless you have your own. The server seemed a little nervous but he was trying and he made no mistakes with our orders. I would recommend the Casola Dining Room to small groups and couples.Special Features:
- We have been to the restaurantRatingByMaxDined on 3/25/2013We have been to the restaurant several times before and enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere. We also enjoyed it this time and will be back.Special Features:
- The food was very well prepared,theRatingByMaxDined on 3/6/2013The food was very well prepared,the selection was very good and the service was smooth, professional and consistentSpecial Features:
- Dining at the Casola is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2013Dining at the Casola is very enjoyable for many reasons. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The food is artistically arranged and delicious. The international menu is interesting and provides an opportunity to try new dishes and flavors. The service is very good. We have taken advantage of this wonderful site and have recommened it to friends and family. The only drawback is the pressure to make reservations within the exact times allowed.Special Features:
- The restaurant area was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013The restaurant area was very clean. It was a relaxed atmosphere and yet the staff was right there to serve you. There was a very efficient system to have your coats checked. The food was excellent. The pita bread and spreads, the lemon/chicken soup, and the Monk fish were just great. The desert selections were presented very well. I went with the Lemon Ice Cream with burnt figs. Excellent choice!Special Features:
- My co-workers and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2013My co-workers and I have been going to dinners and buffets at the Casola Diningroom for many years. We have never been disappointed in the meals. It's great quality food with wonderful service.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Neighborhood TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012This was the last week of serving meals for this semester at SCCC's Casola Dining Room. The students were much more polished at serving, and the food was very, very good! The appetizers tend to be a generous size, so we end up taking part of our entrees home to save room for the delicious dessert selections.Special Features:
- That was my first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012That was my first time there and sure to return it was amazing from the service to all the way to desert. What a wonderful experience!! I am sure to return. Thank you
- This is the dining room runOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012This is the dining room run by the Culinary school of Schenectady County Community College. There is a different food theme each week the restaurant is open. The diner usually has a choice of three appetizers, three entrees,and at least three desserts for a fixed price. All food is made and served by the students. Service can be uneven, but the food is usually very good. It also provides the students the necessary practice needed in this competitive industry.Special Features:
- Deep in the heart of Texas!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2012Some service miscues, understandable for a cooking school where everyone wants to be a chef, but a surprisingly strong presentation on a complicated gourmet menu. Only weak spot on a Texas night was a somewhat flavorless corn bread. Well-executed entrees included shrimp n grits, duck breast w a chipotle sauce; great fish taco appetizer.Special Features:
- WOW amazing & different dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012WOW amazing & different dishes at great prices with a very nice semi formal atmosphere.
- We have been to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012We have been to the restaurant several times and have always enjoyed it. The food is excellent and so is the service. Students and Teachers are doing a GREAT job! Keep up the good work. We will be back again in the Fall.Special Features:
- This is a college culinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012This is a college culinary restaurant that serves internationally and american themed cuisine. It is outstanding, well priced, good portions and excellent variety throughout the school year.Special Features:
- We come here often for lunchCookieDined on 4/3/2012We come here often for lunch or dinner. Menu is limited and changes weekly but is posted on line so that you can research in advance to see if there is something available that will suit your taste. The meals on this particular visit were outstanding from beginning to end. There were two of us for lunch and we each had something different to eat. We were both very happy.Special Features:
- The food during the ProvenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2012The food during the Provence menu was out of this world. It transported me back to my visit a few years ago to France. The Provencal vegetable tart was, by far, my favorite. I had that, followed by the quail and the cognac cake which was an extremely well-made dessert. My date had the potato/chive salad, followed by the lamb - which he raved about, and the chocolate pudding pie. Our server, Megan did an excellent job. She barely showed an ounce of nerves, joking with us while fighting with the wine opener, constantly coming back to chat with us to make us feel welcome and noticed during our dining experience.Special Features:
- This was the 4th time my friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2012This was the 4th time my friends and I have been there for lunch........and the one major improvement was the reservation procedure!! Making a reservation on-line was easy, quick and hassle free; so much better than by phone. It goes without saying we always enjoy the selections and the food preparation. Again, kudos to whomever set up your reservation format.Special Features:
- Great Food and Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012Everyone should visit at least once. The food was very good - especially the veal chop! Although it is a limited menu, since it is a "theme" menu, you can go on the day that makes sense - ie German Day. The staff is very friendly, but be patient as most of them have not had fine dining wait experience. If they ask you many times - how is everything or do you need anything else, it is their attempt to give you GREAT service - give them a break! PS - watch where you park - we missed the very small sign that said faculty and students and got a warning note on our car - thank goodness they give you a warning!Special Features:
- Where can you get an upscale,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2012Where can you get an upscale, three-course gourmet dinner in a cosmopolitan atmosphere at these prices? What a fantastic deal for people who enjoy dining out.Special Features: