Cask 'n Flagon
62 Brookline Ave
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
Kenmore Square / Fenway
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cask 'n Flagon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casknflagon.com/
- Phone: 6175364840
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Private Party Facilities: Cask 'n Flagon is the ideal location for your party or function. We can accommodate anywhere from 20 to 500 guests in our private function room and as many as 960 guests in the entire restaurant.
Our comfortable atmosphere is perfect for company holiday parties, birthday parties, relaxed lunch meetings, bachelor and bachelorette parties, corporate events before Red Sox games or any other fun event you might have in mind.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Blum 6175364840
A word from Cask 'n Flagon
The now World Famous Cask 'n Flagon began as a small neighborhood bar known as Olivers. What was once known as the little bar on the corner of Brookline Avenue is now a landmark location for diehard Red Sox fans, college students, locals and tourists. Mention the Cask 'n Flagon anywhere, anytime to anyone and chances are they have probably been here.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cask 'n Flagon - Best Restaurants in Kenmore Square / Fenway ›
Cask 'n Flagon reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (22)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- not great service mediocre fooddineoutDined on 8/3/2014Had reservations - had to wait in long line and table not ready when arrived. Disorganized check-in process at the door. New waiter that did not bring us any drink refills and very slow to even check on us. Mediocre food - nachos were pasted to plate and soggy under cheese. Could not seem to get water glass refilled after asking. Just not a great choice at all. Later I even had a stomach ache - wish I had eaten at the ballpark as it would have been better.
- Red Sox vs Yankees PregamemarkDined on 8/2/2014Reservation was on time, food was very good pub-fare, waitress was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location Location LocationgreatmealVIPDined on 8/2/2014Typical bar food and mediocre service. Best thing going for this place is the location to Fenway. Just be prepared to wait a bit on game days.
- Amazing place across from Fenway.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014From out of town and was recommended this restaurant before we visited Boston. Make a reservation especially if there is a baseball game taking place and you planned on sitting down and ordering food. Great food great service great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceMariatiniVIPDined on 8/2/2014Five of us ate at the Cask n Flagon in Boston before a Sox game. Everyone was very happy with their meals. We were seated within a few minutes of our reservation time. Service was fine, even though it was very busy. I recommend the brisket - it was really tender and tasty.Special Features:
- Overview from MichiganTigers84Dined on 8/1/2014I had made a reservation a number of weeks ago, and as it turned out, I really didn't need one. In fact the greeters and wait staff didn't seem to know what a reservation was. Regardless, we actually got in early so it worked out real well. Our server was courteous and friendly. Since I had attended many previous games at Fenway, we decided to forego buying tickets, and watch the game from your establishment. It worked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointed travellerLNapsDined on 7/30/2014My reservation was meaningless as they basically sat my sons and I at the first available in the order we arrived. Greeters were unfriendly and seemed bothered to be there! Everything else OK, but nothing to write home about! We hustled to get there by cab because we wanted to be assured of making our reservation (we had tickets for the game). Next time in Boston we will look elsewhere for dinner spots...too bad because it is a great location.
- Consistant ClassicReliableDined on 7/28/2014C&F never disappoints and always delivers quality food quickly and in a friendly manner by an excellent wait staff!Special Features:
- South shore famFoodmamaDined on 7/23/2014Gluten free options were fab! Went before game at Fenway w/kids. made a resey before & we were seated on time, food Delish, atmosphere fun, server was a bit overwhelmed bc it was packed, but he was patient. Made for an yummy, lively pregame spot for our family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and good foodLuvgoodfoodDined on 7/5/2014Great place for drinks and food after a game. Very loud but service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, got extremely busy due to Red Sox game , service was good but a bit slow,agin due to being so busy. friendly and curitiousSpecial Features:
- UnexpectedGoodyDined on 7/2/2014With a name like Cask & Flagon we didn't know what to expect - maybe an Irish Pub? or a Gin Mill? But the food menu was very broad - honestly some of the best BBQ we've had outside CT. The Fish Tacos were also praised. The restaurant is right across the street from Fenway. So we were also pleased to find that even on a game night, where we arrived 40 minutes after our reserved time, they made an effort to prioritize us and get us a table. So the night couldn't have been better - until the Cubbies completed the sweep of the BoSox with a 16-9 route! Come for the experience but stay for the food.Special Features:
- Fenway IconredsoxgusDined on 7/2/2014Enjoyed a pre game meal with my husband to our first Fenway visit. Good food!! Fun baseball/sports atmosphere. Lots of TVs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no table for reservationjatskiDined on 7/1/2014made a reservation specifically to ensure we had a seat to watch World Cup game before the Sox game; unfortunately, restaurant did not account for our (and a few others) reservation. After fruitless wait, headed down the street to Yard House for an awesome late lunch and viewing experience
- Why bother ?justwonderingDined on 6/28/2014Z B Band was performing so many people were around-why I MADE a reservation to begin with. Reservation @3:45pm. Gave my name she took out the reservation list- very short. The waiting list (different list) was VERY long. We were next Great! We were early so we waited. Checked back a few times. Watched many people be seated.At 4:20 she said "You haven't been seated yet?" No.The other girl who pulled out the reservation list.My name was near the top(not crossed off), 8-10 were below mine crossed off. I said" were they seated before us?"She was quick on her feet and said none were parties of 4(most tables were for 4)Really?Seated t 4:35pm.Why bother? Why take a reservation if you don't honor it.Would have been seated much faster without it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Concertchi5Dined on 6/28/2014Good food and atmosphere. Went before a concert so it was hectic and that was expected, though staff could have been more friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Pre-Concert Pre-Gaming"LorrieNDined on 6/27/2014Perfect place to go before a concert or a game - great food, drink and serviceSpecial Features:
- Reservations?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014I was delighted to see an OpenTable link on this restaurants web site, so made a reservation for a group of us to watch a World Cup game, only to discover upon arriving there that they don't really take reservations - it is first-come. Why then the deceptive link?
- Overall great!AmesDined on 6/14/2014Drinks were great. They accommodated 9 of us and the bill was reasonable. Only downfall was the spinach and artichoke dip, VERY small portion especially considering what you pay, BUT it was delicious! Great local hot spot before and after Red Sox game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014Sat right away which was great, food wasn't bad, spent a lot of time waiting...Special Features:
- ExcellentJTTGoPats12Dined on 5/31/2014The food and drinks were very good and the waiter was great !!!!Special Features:
- College Reunion and the CaskPT84ReunionDined on 5/31/2014We had a very enjoyable time enjoying 11 classmates for lunch at The Cask for our 30th College Reunion Weekend. We all had some great memories of the Cask and the Fenway area from 30 + years ago. Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Cask 'n Flagon reviews archive.
- DinnerAllieeDined on 5/3/2014After a red sox game this was a perfect location to eat. The food was absolutely delicious and it was a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The food is horrible. The taste wasn't bad, but it was so salty that we were unable to eat it. Really, you should look at this and avoid putting so much salt everywhere. We would not recommend your place at all.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Waitress tried to get us out ASAP for some reason.Special Features:
- Won't be returningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2014I reserved a spot at this popular Fenway bar/restaurant because I was meeting up with a group of friends visiting for the weekend. The service we received was very poor for any establishment. The hostess was very rude, she ignored my answer after asking me how many people we had in the group, so I had to repeat myself several times. She continued to lecture me on how I was 5 minutes late for my 6:30pm reservation. It was very ironic because the seating area was completely empty. The waitressacted like we were crazy every time we had a question. The food came out fine and tasted fair. The place is also very loud, which is fine for a sports bar. I will not be coming back, and will not recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Pre-GameRALMDined on 4/18/2014Great stop before Sox game. Pleasantly surprised at the depth of the menu, service was great. Love how many TVs are strategically placed throughout the bar/restaurant area.Special Features:
- No serviceHeatherVIPDined on 4/12/2014I went here with my husband and we sat outside on the patio. We waited for about ten minutes for a server to approach us but nobody did. A few servers walked by but didn't acknowledge us. After 10 or 15 minutes, I caught a server's eye and raised my hand to encourage her to come over. She shook her head and walked the other way, so we got up and left.
- ReunionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014Met with an old army buddy who was coming up for the Reddsox game the following day. Great place service was excellent and was a great first Boston experience for him. Love going here before/after games!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sox GameOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014The place was very crowded for the Red Sox game. Which we expected but still had good service and food delivery. Would definitely recommend for game days.Special Features:
- WONDERFULBEANIEDined on 3/29/2014Everything was great about cask 'n flagon ... i just wish they still had the 25 cent wings deal , ill be having to find somewhere else for that one reason .Special Features:
- place was great service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014place was great service was good holly was great the bbq was great good pulled pork mac & cheese to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.