Cask n' Cleaver - Riverside
1333 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92507Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Cask n' Cleaver - Riverside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caskncleaver.com/
- Phone: 951-682-4580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm: Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Plan your next party with us! We specialize in: Large and small parties, birthdays, anniversaries, office parties, happy hour parties, sports & awards banquets, wedding rehearsal dinners. We have menus tailored to your price range and personal choices. We look forward to helping you plan your next party!
- Private Party Contact: Dave Hara or Angela Hoch 9516824580
A word from Cask n' Cleaver - Riverside
The Perfect Place for Steak & Wine Lovers! In the mood for a juicy steak, fresh seafood, mouth-watering burgers or just a great salad? The Cask is the perfect place for lunch, dinner or just cocktails and appetizers at the bar! Steaks are the thing at the Cask ‘n Cleaver. Only mid-western corn-fed beef is served. All steaks are carefully aged to insure tenderness and flavor, and then custom-cut and charbroiled to perfection. Prime Rib is of the same great quality, slow-cooked and seasoned with the Cask’s own special blend of herbs and spices. Fresh Seafood, chicken, burgers, sandwiches, salads and Cask’s famous decadent desserts complete the experience. Looking for a place for your next gathering? The Cask is the perfect place for Banquets. Meetings, Celebrations & Parties. Lunch or dinner, big or small. Specializing in both social and corporate events: Service club meeting, staff parties, banquets, receptions, rehearsal dinners, holiday celebrations, anniversaries & birthdays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cask n' Cleaver - Riverside reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DONT WASTE YOUR MONEYTooexpensiveVIPDined on 8/30/2014I would of much rather at at Coco's on the corner. How can you screw up pop, bread, and below average salad bar. My wife said my steak looked like an old shoe tossed to the side of a freeway! Iowa beef, yeah from a mule. Just terrible!
- Special Place in our HeartsGrammieDockDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I loved Cask n' Cleaver, we've eaten at a number of their restaurants over the last 31 years. We've eaten at restaurants that are no longer there in Lodi, Fresno and Fallbrook. We were happy to see there was one in Riverside when we were going to an event there. The dinner menu and prices are very good and fairly reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a classic favoriteahdiiiVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always there and tried and true. Great for groups, excellent fresh and cold salad bar. Great steaks and seafood. Just keeps chuggin' along a mainstay of Riverside and at Rancho Cucamonga. C&HSpecial Features:
- RoinDined on 7/17/2014Food and service were outstanding. Hadn't been there for a few years as we had moved from Riverside. We are in the near city and will make it a practice to return on occasion. RonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soccer group dinneramykinsDined on 7/5/2014We found Cask 'n Cleaver purely by chance as we were staying at the Marriott down the street. We were at the AYSO National Tournament and had several families to organize. This restaurant was able to accommodate our party of 20 without much notice. We had 4 tabs and nobody sat together. Our waitress Misty was able to take all the orders accurately and the food arrived nicely. My filet was pretty good, but the fried avocados were to die for. The salad bar looked very fresh. I would recommend Cask 'n Cleaver for groups, for sure. It is a bit dark and outdated when you walk in, but that is quickly overcome. Thanks you for helping make our last night in Riverside a good one for the kids' memories!Special Features:
- The following 116 reviews are from the Cask n' Cleaver - Riverside reviews archive.
- TIRED AND WORNRobErtDined on 6/11/2014It had been sometime since we went to the Cask n'Cleaver in Riverside and weren't quite sure what to expect. However, think of a business slowly dying and you get the picture. I remember when this restaurant was the place to be on a weekend night. But, now the location sits in a decaying part of town. Our server kept forgetting things although the food wasn't bad for an old 80's style menu. Honestly, I kept thinking Gordon Ramsay would pop up, spouting off a few F-bombs and goading the staff to work harder.
- Too expensive for what it was...SmashleeDined on 6/6/2014We ate an early dinner at about 5:30 on a Friday night, the place was empty. We were greeted by no one and had to wait five minutes before we were even acknowledged. Our waitress was friendly and accommodating. We ordered the tempura egg rolls which were delicious. Our food came out quickly, the top of my steak was burnt and very small for a large price. No seasoning, just a bland piece of meat. I have had better at Coco's for a fraction of the price. For being regarded as a steakhouse I was not impressed and will not return. If you want a good place for happy hour, they do have good appetizers and drinks.
- QuietSandykaatDined on 5/28/2014If you want a quiet evening with a fabulous meal, the Riverside Clask n' Cleaver is just the place. Although the restaurant was nearly empty, this did not take away from the excellent service and super tastey food.Special Features:
- Good Steak DinnerDiner12Dined on 3/15/2014The Cask is a pretty good Steakhouse. It is not overly priced for what you get and is a place that we frequent about once a month. I would recommend it to friends. It is not a flashy hip place. It has been busy at times but other times there are less patrons. It is a good neighborhood place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alittle pricy for what you getanomDined on 3/8/2014food is good but all is priced separately from entrée. Service is good .A good salad bar .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Water & bucketsNickDined on 2/28/2014The ice made the drinks taste horrible and they did not have any cold drinks. The place was filled with buckets to catch the leaks in the ceiling.
- Restaurant gone bad!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014The 30 dollar ribeye steak was 1 inch in thickness, cooked unevenly, and lukewarm. I can not see this restaurant lasting much longer....
- FantastickstumpDined on 2/14/2014Food was great, had to wait a short time even with a reservation but please understand this was on Valentine's day.Special Features:
- Ol Skool steakgustoDined on 1/2/2014Love cask and cleaver. Awesome steak restaurant with a neighborhood feel. Servers a little slow t times but they make up for it with the meat. Awesome they have a circa 1968 salad bar...dopeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner@AtTheCaskDiner12Dined on 12/31/2013We dine at The Cask on average once a month so that will tell you out of the gate that it is a decent place to dine. We used to really like their Corona location, unfortunately the closed that one. The Cask usually always has good food. The prices are a little high for what you get compared to some of the competing steak houses. However, with the coupons they offer it brings the prices a little more within reason. I would not go without the coupon or you will pay to much for what you get, but the food is good. If I was King of the Cask, I would move to a more prominent location and do some updating to the interior. I would reccommend this restaurant as a good place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's my waterStillwaiting01Dined on 12/14/2013went there based on what i heard about it but i wont be going back. Our server took forver just to greet us, get our drinks and never gave anything to eat with i had to get it from the table next to us. The food was fair, actually my steak was no better that what i would get at Black Angus (nothing against them) which was disappointing considering what i read about the place. I wont be heading there anytime soonSpecial Features:
- Notable SteaksmemaddDined on 10/6/2013I loved the tender fillet with mushrooms and grilled shrimp. Good salad bar too.Special Features:
- The building sits back offkmnineDined on 10/6/2013The building sits back off the street and can't be seen when you drive by. Steak (New York) was excellent, as good as I have ever had. Server was very pleasant. Restaurant was not busy and was quite comfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in RiversideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2013We enjoyed the food, the service was friendly and prompt. The interior decor is very tired and needs serious redesign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has been aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013This place has been around forever and is one of only a handful left in the Inland Empire. They have good food, good service and are so hidden away and out of the main stream for everyone that it is usually pretty easy to get in when you want.Special Features:
- RetireJeff270sdDined on 5/3/2013Time to retire or update. This location is not as nice as the Corona location which closed years ago. The restaurant was understaffed so service was poor. Drinks were severely watered down. Additionally the dining area had zero ambiance and the bill was high for all things considered. The dinning area was quiet, however there were only ~6 active tables of ~60.Special Features:
- My reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/30/2013Friendly warm staff, large food selection, large portions, salad bar, private / semi-private room(s) for groups. We visit this restaurant several times a year, and are always satisfied.Special Features:
- Smelled, food was cold tookOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Smelled, food was cold took forever to get it way over priced
- Manager David gave us a complimentacpadresVIPDined on 2/1/2013Manager David gave us a complimentary slice of prime rib end cut BUT when the bill was presented he decided to charge us $7.01 extra. NOT good customer service. We were offended.
- I want to check the box thatMisterB7917Dined on 1/16/2013I want to check the box that states the food is fit for foodies, but I just couldn't. I really want to love this place, but I found my entree (surf and turf) to be decent, not great. Specifically, while my lobster was good, I was not impressed with my cut of petite steak which was too fatty. I prefer a leaner cut of meat personally. In any case, for a 4+ star rating, I would have to want to come back to the restaurant again and again. My guests thought the food was decent as well, but nothing special.
- Staff did well, consideringNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 12/20/2012They were short handed by two staff that unexpectedly called in at last minute. The remaining staff did well considering.Special Features:
- Great food. I loved the baconmemaddDined on 12/18/2012Great food. I loved the bacon rapped fillet topped with blue cheese !Special Features:
- We were out in Riverside,aminlaVIPDined on 12/8/2012We were out in Riverside, so I searched the Open Table app and found the Cask n' Cleaver. Everyone was VERY happy with the meal - the food was good, the service very friendly, though a bit swamped. That said, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant is noisy and itOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/23/2012Restaurant is noisy and it is difficult to hear eachother.
- Great food, but the portionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Great food, but the portion of meals are too small.Special Features:
- Good old fashioned steak houseahdiiiVIPDined on 8/16/2012Good old fashioned steak house with one of the best steaks I had received in many years !Special Features:
- My Wife and I went to theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012My Wife and I went to the Cask to celebrate our wedding anniversary and I made it known to the staff hoping we would receive a little extra attention that evening. We have gone to the Cask many times over the years and have always enjoyed our experiences there. There was a large party present near us and the restaurant was not properly staffed that evening. Our waitress was busy tending to the large group as well. It was difficult at times to get re-fills on our beverages or obtain liitle extras we wanted for our dinner. Sadly, we didn't receive average service that night. It is one of my favorite restaurants, so I will definately be back. I just hope we don't experience that again in the future.Special Features:
- The Cask n' Cleaver is reallyjessicaDined on 7/27/2012The Cask n' Cleaver is really great steakhouse. However this location is not as good as the one in San Dimas. The Riverside location took a long time to serve our meals and my steak was ordered to be medium well and it came out charred to a VERY well done. The building is also a little run down. Service was good though. If you want to visit the Cask n' Cleaver I suggest the San Dimas location.
- We arrived at Cask & CleaverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2012We arrived at Cask & Cleaver around 5:00 p.m. The parking lot was pretty empty. When we entered the restaurant, it was typically dark but we could see empty tables. We were seated right away. Our group consisted of 2 adults and 3 children (one needing high chair). There is a salad bar that is small but consists of quite a few goodies for your salad. Only cantalope for fruit. It is an all you can eat salad bar. They have a good kid's menu. Food was very good.Special Features:
- They have great steaks andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012They have great steaks and I love that their salad bar comes with all of their dinners now. Good service.Special Features:
- We celebrated a graduationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2012We celebrated a graduation recently. The restaurant was very accommodating to our special occasion. Not sure if the larger group size resulted in a long delay in getting our food, but overall the restaurant was nice. Toward the end of the meal, more staff seemed attentive to our needs and assisted us with delivering the food.Special Features:
- I was amazed that the staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012I was amazed that the staff & management read the reservation notes I made, no restaurant has done that before. They sat us comfortably; which is important because my husband is disabled and I am 6 months pregnant. The manager was nice, the server was outstanding and the food was so delicious! They paid extra special attention and not only remembered that it was my husband's birthday, but specifically that it was his 31st birthday and they sang to him.Special Features:
- Great local spot. Steaks wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Great local spot. Steaks were cooked perfect. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- I was disapointed i beleiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I was disapointed i beleive it may be privetly owned when asked to substitite a sause on the steak kabobbs they were unable to do so they have a strict policy on not being able to change something as simple as a sause which i thought was weird because on the menue they offer the kabobs with your choice of pepper, teriaki or b.b.q sause so you get to choose its when you order the combo kabobbs with the shrimp or the ribs that they dont allow you to make a option on the type of sause i really wanted ribs but do not like pepper which was my only choice for the steak kabobbs when i asked if i could change it to teriaki i was told that i could not they have a strict policy on no substitutes another person at my table had the same problem.Special Features:
- first time visiting the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012first time visiting the restaurant had a great time food was great i will come be back soon.also my wife and mother enjoyed themselvesSpecial Features: