Cask Bar & Kitchen
167 E 33rd St.
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cask Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casknyc.com/index.htm
- Phone: 2123004924
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: http://www.casknyc.com/index.htm
A word from Cask Bar & Kitchen
CASK 100yr old reclaimed wood floor and an antique back bar sets the tone. Cask Bar & Kitchen harks back to a by-gone era. One of craftsmanship and authenticity. Of dimly lit encounters, great conversation & carefully created cocktails. We offer hand drawn cask conditioned beers, a wide variety of craft beers and an exceptional selection of wines. Well informed waist coated Barkeeps will guide the most discerning of taste buds. The Kitchen continues the simple rustic theme with its selection of cheeses, charcuterie and wide range of small plate fare. The Cellar Bar located downstairs can be reserved for private events and incorporates a full draft system. With the same attention to décor and detail as upstairs it is the perfect setting for any event. “Classic Vintage Bar” as described by one customer and frankly we couldn’t agree more. We hope you enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cask Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)romantic (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delightful!auntkateDined on 9/8/2014Relaxed atmosphere, wonderful service, and good food. Perfect for my group!Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday Pick!HashtagAshDined on 9/6/2014Adorable, intimate, place with incredible food and cocktails! I received donuts for dessert with a candle in it for my birthday. It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartyMayaDined on 9/6/2014Had a birthday dinner at Cask on Saturday night. They called earlier in the day to confirm the reservation, that was very nice. I had more people join the party than expected, even slightly more that the table could hold, but the staff were very accommodating, helpful, friendly and altogether great. My guests all ordered different things and everything got great comments. Love the ambiance of the place, great beer and cocktail selection and delicious food. Would recommend both for dinner for two and larger groups.Special Features:
- get togetherfuntimesDined on 8/21/2014I met a friend I had not seen in 9 years, she was in from Ireland. WE loved the food and wine (thankfully it was happy hour so we did not pay an arm and a leg) It was a great place to catch up and we did a few small plates and loved it!!!!Special Features:
- Good food/ poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014This was my first time dinning at Cask, it's a smaller cozy restaurant, a bit noisy. We ordered a few drinks during happy hour and our server suggested ordering a pitcher of the sangria (which was filled with ice and only served 1/2drinks) , when we got our bill the pitcher which there server suggested was DOUBLE the price of 6 drinks (we had only ordered 4 drinks initially). VERY disappointed, I brought this to the attention of the server who was clearly inexperienced and he looked at me cluelessly. I had to ask for the manager, who was very understanding and rectified the bill immediately. Overall the experience wasn't so bad, just one poor server.Special Features:
- Lovely, wood decor and good foodBikeNEatDined on 7/27/2014As a server, I wasn't too impressed by the server's greeting (i.e. do you know what you want?). However, the kale and raddicchio salad I ordered was delicious, and the space was large enough for five people. One of my friends did say she wasn't thrilled about her frittata. She said it reminded her of scrambled eggs. They do have a raspberry Bellini which is sublime--just wish it wasn't in a massive coupe glass...a little awkward to hold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousrestaurantfanDined on 7/20/2014Delicious restaurant with food for everyone no matter how picky. It was also really comfortable and nice, I'll be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic FindeatgoodfoodDined on 6/13/2014A friend recommended this restaurant and I couldn't have been more pleased. Went with a small group for dinner on an early Friday evening. The place has a great ambience and grew livelier as the night wore on. Cocktails were yummy and the beer list extensive. We ordered a smattering of appetizer dishes and entrees to share and everything was delectable. My favorites were the caramelized brussel sprouts and truffle mac n' cheese. The desserts were also to die for, especially the dougnuts and bread pudding. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/29/2014Food was okay. I was really excited due to yelp reviews bit was disappointed. The short rib was dry. The paella was overly mushy.Special Features:
- We had a great timePopdevaDined on 5/28/2014Service was great, waiter was patient with our large group and very knowledgeable. We are looking forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool vibe, great foodArielleVIPDined on 5/24/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant! The prices are reasonable and the portions are generous. The ambiance is pretty as well. It's a great spot for a party or meeting up with friends. They are also great at accommodating big groups.Special Features:
- The following 27 reviews are from the Cask Bar & Kitchen reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014The small plates were delicious! Great tap beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little gastropubScottDined on 5/17/2014I was incredibly impressed with the beer list and how good the cocktails looked. The food was good, but it wasn't amazing. A lot of things were too salty or too plain, but overall for a place in NYC, this was a great pairing of food/beer.Special Features:
- A Gem on the East SideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2014As usual, fantastic service & attentive staff. Combine this with great food...this is a favorite!Special Features:
- Always a favoritekvw2014Dined on 3/30/2014One of my favorite places in NYC. Typically come for dinner, but been recently enjoying brunch. Never fails to impress: fabulous food, great service and perfect place to get together with friends. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- good food and service!kkbeckerDined on 3/10/2014went here for the first time and was a good experience! had the scallops but everything on the menu looked tasty. great service and knowledgeable staff. good vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty SolidMitchDined on 2/15/2014Went for appetizers and beer. Both were solid. Wouldn't go out of my way, but would Def go again. Loved the horseradish pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/6/2014We dined here after work with a a small group We had a great time and the food was wonderful. Though we just had the small plates, the entrees we saw looked wonderful. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!foodie312Dined on 2/5/2014Went to Cask for the first time for my friend's birthday and we had a great time! The decor, the food and drinks we all very good! Its a good place for dates or dinner with friends. It can be a bit loud at times but full of energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLexilu4Dined on 1/31/2014I heard of this restaurant and checked it out on yelp and saw it was good for groups as we were celebrating my birthday. Made a reservation and we ended up being a little late for our time slot (some unseen mishaps). The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Server even gave us some suggestions for other bars we could try out for a more dance vibe. Food and drinks were delicious! Definitely will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selections of wines!PuffMommyVIPDined on 1/24/2014We, a group of 4 co-workers, hanged out on Friday night and the ambience and service were great! Also, they have a nice selection of wines at a reasonable price range. However, no food dish was impressive... I think I may go back for drinks and talks only, but I still liked it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cask Bar & KitchenNimisDined on 1/18/2014Loved the ambience! Really good coctails and long beer list. Mac n cheese was really tasty. Burgers were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our ExperienceLizzyVDined on 12/13/2013I brought my family to the city for a Christmas vacation, this past weekend, and decided to make reservations at Cask. Our reservation was at 7:30, but because of traffic from New Jersey into the city and we were almost an hour late for our reservation. We kept in contact with the hostess and she was more than helpful by keeping the table for us, even though we were so late! We loved everything we ate and I was more than happy that I chose this restaurant to be the first place in New York City that my little sister ever dined in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/11/2013Great atmosphere and friendly service! We had lots of appetizers and they were quite good!Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerLovetoeatDined on 11/15/2013Came here for a birthday dinner (made a reservation first) with 6 people. Ordered pretty much all the appetizers to share and everything was great. The drinks were great as well, everyone loved it and we ended up staying at the very comfortable table for probably about three hours, and when more people dropped by as the night when on to sit for drinks, the waiter didn't give us any problems and pulled up chairs to accommodate them. Highly recommend this restaurant and we all will be going back to try more of the food.Special Features:
- yes and noAMA37VIPDined on 10/27/2013two of our meals were fantastic (the breakfast pizza) and two were less than good (hangover sandwich). The drinks were fantastic however so I would def go for drinks! Also, the service was ok but when one of us had to send back their hangover sandwich because the eggs were obviously overcooked the waiter wasn't thrilled... which was a turnoff...Special Features:
- Great reunion dinner spotFormerNYCerVIPDined on 10/21/2013Left NYC a year ago after a 5-year stint and was back in town for work. Wanted a place that'd be easy for friends to get to coming from all over city, plus good food and drink (of course). Cask has delicious food with many options to meet everyone's dietary preferences. Great ambiance - energetic but not so loud that we couldn't hear each other. We were seated right away even though a few in the group hadn't arrived yet (really appreciated that) and felt like they really let us sit and enjoy our meal and the company. I used to frequent Cask when I lived in Murray Hill and will definitely continue to return as a visitor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PityElaineDined on 10/13/2013We were a group of 9 here for a bday dinner. The service was below average. The famed truffles Mac and cheese did not have any truffle oil or truffle spray in it. I'm sure if it did, at least 1 our of the 9 of us would be able to taste it. However, the waitress argued that there is definitely a truffle element in the dish and she kept asking what we want to do about it. "It's supposed to taste subtle, do you want the chef to add more truffle spray?" She said. We were so speechless at their inability to accept the Chef's mindless mistake. The other mishap was that they forgot to put a candle on the dessert for the birthday boy. I asked them specifically beforehand, but who am I kidding. Don't expect great service here. Food was good enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerSandyDined on 10/5/2013We were visiting our daughter in NYC and had a very enjoyable dinner. Food was good, place was interesting, comfortable, and not too noisy so we could have a nice conversation. We would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BurgerLoveSlidersDined on 8/19/2013The lamb burger with herbed goat cheese and that yogurt sauce was the best burger I've ever eaten. I would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Good food and ambience!LuvTravelAndFoodDined on 7/12/2013Went here with 3 other girlfriends for a girl's night out....and what a find! We had a bunch of tapas and drinks and awesome service! Great variety of selections on the menu to fit any type of foodie! Highly recommend for a night out with your significant other or a small group of friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value and great interior!RyanDined on 6/30/2013Really good value for brunch. Big omelette for $10. Definitely enjoyed it. Love the interior ambience, also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Great ServiceLinaDined on 6/28/2013The food was great and the portions of the appetizers are big! No one is rushing you so it is great group outing place. Happy hour also is an added bonus to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013Cask is a great place to bring a big group of people who are looking to have a good time. The food is good enough; The beer list is solid; The cocktails are well made; The ambiance and decor is fun.Special Features:
- great happy hour spotKellyTVIPDined on 5/28/2013Loved catching up with friends, great wine list too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a classy, great findBeccaVIPDined on 4/23/2013What a classy, great find in Murray Hill. We got small plates and big, as we were with a big group- next time I would like to try all of the small plates. Cocktails were not too strong, but great nonetheless.Special Features:
- Great selection of tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Great selection of tapas! Everything we ordered was amazing and our server Kayla was the best ever!Special Features:
- Can't Wait to Tell All....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013Ambiance; great food; great drink choices; great service! What a wonderful evening was had by all in our party!Special Features: