Cask and Larder
565 W. Fairbanks Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Cask and Larder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caskandlarder.com/
- Phone: (321) 280-4200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Happy Hour Monday - Saturday from 4:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Happy Hour Sundays from 3:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Late Night Menu Monday - Saturday 10:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. In the bar
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Brewery
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Interested in hosting a private event with us? Contact email@example.com for more information or feel free to visit our website at www.caskandlarder.com.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 3212804200x
A word from Cask and Larder
Cask & Larder offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed on-site, and fresh-shucked oysters from our raw bar. We look forward to serving you good food with casual southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cask and Larder - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Cask and Larder reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (193)neighborhood gem (109)special occasion (106)good for groups (79)hot spot (77)vibrant bar scene (63)great for brunch (55)romantic (42)late-night find (32)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Menu difficult to understand, not well explained by server. Portions small, but well prepared.
- Sunday BrunchKwanyinDined on 11/16/2014Went for brunch. The yogurt panna cotta was sublime and the fried chicken and waffles the best I've ever tasted. The service was good, the atmosphere nice and casual. I'd recommend Cask & Larder to any foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Explosive flavors, quaint atmosphereNicNapDined on 11/15/2014We dined for our 16th Anniversary this past weekend. We had heard rumors of how delish this place is and it far exceeded our expectations. The appetizers we tried were AMAZING and EXPLODED with flavor. (Pork Belly and Tamale) Everything from the wine to the dessert was simply fresh and delish! We will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty foodJCBjrDined on 11/15/2014The only 2 things I would change is the amount of what comes with the entree . We had Catfish which only came with one hushpuppy and needed more of the aioli . Portion of catfish was great though , but ran out of the good stuff that accompanied it . And the Grouper ( smallish portion ) but again needed much more of the great accompaniments ( gumbo , cabbage,squash and sausage). Seemed like it was only a heaping tablespoon worth . With the prices you pay they need to give you a little more of the accompaniments . But if you know great food ... It hits a home run . As they say , as long as you get what you pay for . It's worth it ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Me and my boyfriend love it here!! We are actually Thinking of doing our rehearsal dinner here! Brought his parents here with us amd they loved it as well! Drinks were great food was great and service was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honest to GoodnessJoieDined on 11/8/2014We had the best time here with the menu. We had the Pork Belly as our starter, it was delicious. Also our entrees were delicious as well. It felt like honest to goodness cooking from the heart. I appreciated our servers attention to my questions and his ability to explain menu options and ingredients. High praise from me indeed.... Thank you for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Cask and Larder innovatesQForVVIPDined on 11/8/2014C & L continues to surprise returning diners with new and well designes, prepared dishes. Worth returning!Special Features:
- FabulousGrannyBabooDined on 11/5/2014The food was fantastic... my friend described it as "sorcery". Magical would work too. The service was a bit slow and our waiter seemed very busy and not able to focus well on our table. The food was amazing... We liked the atmosphere just fine and we had a blast! We are all talking about going again! YAYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodHogSnapper123Dined on 11/4/2014Unbelievable food. Whole Snapper, Rabbit, Red Fish all amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichDined on 11/3/2014Food selection is unique, atmosphere and service fantastic. This is fine dining. If you plan on having a full meal it is going to be a bit on pricey side. Portion sizes are appropriate and a bit smaller than the normal US portion.Special Features:
- AllthefoodDined on 11/2/2014Love this place. Always a stop when in Orlando. They remain with the essence of the food we love to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Cask and Larder is consistently delicious. Every meal we have had there has been amazing and our service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014We went for my wife's birthday and it was perfect. Great food! Great Service! Great Atmosphere! AND...Gin and Tonic on tap...what????? Would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceAnneDined on 10/31/2014Really enjoy Cask & Larder's food, atmosphere (casual, but low noise level and comfortable & private seating), anddrink selection. Great service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- richietheCrichietheCDined on 10/28/2014Actually ate here two nights in a row with different groups. My group really enjoyed the variety and uniqueness of the menu items. The rotating menu makes each visit fun. Service is excellent, servers very knowledge about the food, food sourcing and pairing combinations. Best Manhattan I have had in Orlando, kudos to the bar.Special Features:
- Amazing anniverserytamparhinoDined on 10/27/2014me and my wife went to cask and larder for our first anniversery and we were blown away by both the service and food we will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Great food, great service, great place to be with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the SurpriseSoutoXSDined on 10/26/2014While I wish it was cheaper this definitely is well worth every penny. Everything we ate and drank was amazing, and I can't wait to go back (for a special occasion since I aint' made of money)Special Features:
- False Start on First VisitTwiglet54Dined on 10/25/2014I booked dinner for Saturday evening 545pm two days ago I was a single diner and turned up early greeter was pleasant but mistook me for another diner with a large party and I had to firmly tell her I was not that person She diappeared and another greeter sat me at a counter stool in front of the open prep area. I ordered roasted oysters and Nashville chicken. The waitress was attentive and knowledgable but kept calling me "dear" which for a single English lady is deeply patronising The main arrived before the starter I sent it back The food was rather average the chicken way too salty the oysters lacking flavour mac n cheese was fantastic beer amazing I'd give this place another try though as the menu is fabulous this was a false startSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014highly recommend bourbon and biscuit pairing. A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFrenchieDined on 10/23/2014The menu was very good with great local ingredients and presentation. Cocktails and wine list is also delicious to match the yummy food. My only recommendation would be to lower or eliminate the music. With everyone wanting to talk, who needs the background NOISE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C & L 2nd visitMODELDined on 10/21/2014This was our second visit to Cask and Larder, first visit was good, second visit good, was hoping for great. Service and ambiance great, just not falling in love with the food.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Service was good, but waitress seemed a little tired and overwhelmed. The food lacked flavor; the presentation was ordinary. This experience did not live up to my expectations.Special Features:
- PriceyCELEBRATION4FRIENDSDined on 10/17/2014This place is great. The food and service was very good. Catfish was Amazing. You get 2 thick pieces of catfish over a small bed of spring mix for $18. The hot chicken which was Incredible is smoked for hrs then deep fried and dipped in hot sauce from scratch $24 which came with 4cheese macncheese w broc it was divine! For dessert we had doughnuts with caramel pudding sooooo goood. I think for the price it should be for special occasions not for family dinners unless you got deep pockets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!letseatDined on 10/16/2014All four of us enjoyed our meals immensely! The okra was a favorite as well as the ice cream sandwich dessert. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014This is my 4th time to Cask and Larder and I have yet to find anything to complain about. The beer selection and cocktails are amazing and vast. The food is local, delicious, and perfectly portioned every time. You cant go wrong with anything on the menu, and if you have any questions, the servers are always well knowledged in everything on the menu. The experience is pricey, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- JozeDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is owned by the Ravenous Pig folks but I don't think the food is as good. The selections were confusing and some overpriced (I ordered the roasted oysters and got 6 for $16!) They were buried in a sauce and for all I know there weren't any oysters there! The wine list seems to be fairly priced and they do a good pour. My friends seemed to like it but for me, once is enough.Special Features:
- Devine Food @ BrunchOtownfoodie29Dined on 10/12/2014Cask & Larder is a wonderful place for brunch, especially if you are looking for something along the lines of gourmet. The biscuits and gravy were utterly delicious, the gravy was like some sort of a honey sauce. The brisket hash I ordered as well was amazing, full of flavor with egg on top. One thing for sure I will back. Keep in mind everything is on a cart, so there is no flat rate for Brunch. The service on the other hand can improve, I really expected more of a southern hospitality culture, especially from what Cask & Larder calls "Southern Public House." Other than that Cask & Larder is a place I recommend, the food was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and tatsyMcFly5585VIPDined on 10/10/2014This was not my first time at Cask and Larder, which should be an indication in it of itself as to my experiences. The food is delicious and unlike anything I see at other restaurants and their beer and cocktail selection is just as innovative. I tried the Vanilla Marshmallow beer which was tasty and reminded me of cream soda. We started with the dips (cheddar dip with ham jam and smoked fish dip) and collard toast- these did not disappoint. The chicken apple cheddarwurst with ale mustard was an awesome fall inspired dish that paired well with the beer. My dining companion opted for a hanger steak dish and we shared a brussels sprouts side- nothing was left. We look forward to returning, perhaps to reserve the private dining room.Special Features:
- Great Food, Better Service!AkatrielDined on 10/9/2014The service at this place is incredible. We were tended to quickly and everything we needed was brought immediately. The food and drinks were amazing! Delicious flavors and quickly served. Dessert was on the decent side of things however delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazing!Beretta819Dined on 10/9/2014This was my first time after almost a year of saying "I want to try this place" . I am so glad I finally did. The server Erin was so personable and her knowledge of the menu was amazing. Then the food came and it was absolutely outstanding. There was nothing left on our plates from the "fixins" to the pumpkin cheesecake. I would not only recommend C&L to a friend, I plan to go back until I've tried the entire menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerCvbuzz1Dined on 10/5/2014We had dinner for my husbands b-day and the food was amazing & we had a really good and attentive waiter (he answered my annoying questions). Husband had the Nashville Hot Chicken, loved it (chicken was so tender). I had the Comeback pork burger...delicious!! The BBQ fries were a nice surprise. Friends had vegetarian options. The brusselsprouts were to die for (& I normally don't like them). Good food, good experience. A little pricey, so this is an occasional treat, but honestly, it's worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Yet Again!!!7as7yDined on 10/5/2014We had a 1700 hrs reservation, arrived a few mins early and were seated promptly and we were the only table occupied in the dining room. It sounded like there were a number of folks in the bar area. We both thoroughly enjoyed the Nashville Hot Chicken!!! The white bbq sauce, the cornbread, the mac and cheese, it was all very, very tasty!!! We both had dessert, which I had the Chocolate Pot De Crème and he enjoyed the Fig Pudding.... sorry if I don't have the labels correct, but I do know that this is one of our favorite restaurants, along with The Ravenous Pig!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word...LOUSEYenjoyfood77Dined on 10/5/2014We had been told by another chef that their quiche was AMAZING and worth the drive. We found out that it is a "seasonal thing"...I guess I didn't realize that eggs are "seasonal". ;-) We had a party of 4 adults. 2 ordered the rabbit torta. Rabbit was tender, however the rest of dish was entirely too salty and seemed like a entree you would heat in a microwave. The other 2 adults ordered the chicken & waffles which was TOO smokey & TOO sweet all at the same time! The waffle was made with very heavy cornmeal and the chicken was over fried. We had told our server at the beginning that it was our first time. Even though he welcomed us, he made no effort in explaining any of the dishes or making any recommendations and only saw him at the end.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisegayeanastasiaDined on 10/4/2014I found this restaurant via a review in "The Week". I made the reservations online and was called to reconfirm. The menu is created daily according to what ingredients are freshly purchased which is listed on a board along with the farm! I was a bit flummoxed by the descriptions - fairly esoteric, but the food was excellent and the wait staff was appropriately cordial. They are a mini-brewery and my husband had a beer sampler, but did not finish some of the samples. I had a lovely Chablis, pricey but worth it. We had 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and two deserts. After all of that food, I was pleasantly surprised that I did not feel overly stuffed. I attribute that to the reasonable portions and the low amount of carbohydrates. We will return!Special Features:
- AmazingBrooks51773Dined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is a great place for both the food and ambiance. The menu has something for every palate and the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExpectationsAntoneDined on 10/4/2014Our second time at Cask & Larder and again it doesn't disappoint. We expected another great meat and experience, and received that and more. A great place to experience great food!Special Features:
- Cask & Larder 10.4.14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Cask & Larder has yet to disappoint my wife and I. Their is always something new when we go (once every few months). The fried donut is the best. Don't ever get rid of it please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time was not a charm!BigjimatmDined on 10/2/2014Met our son and his wife for dinner after a good first experience and were disappointed. Nothing was hot but the hog snapper. The ribs were room temp and so coated with dry rub that you could not taste the rib. Pork burger was mediocre as was the snapper. We had raved about the corn on the cob and it was served room temp. Overall we were as disappointed on this trip as we were pleased on the first try. $220.00 for four was a costly error!Special Features:
- Great FindDiPetrovDined on 9/29/2014We spent our honeymoon in Orlando and made a trip out to Cask and Larder based on reviews on Yelp. We loved it. The Crispy Brussels were amazing, as were the Deviled Eggs. It was great to experience tastes outside the normal spectrum of restaurant meals. The service was perfect. Will absolutely return if we are ever in the area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.