Cask and Larder
565 W. Fairbanks Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Cask and Larder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caskandlarder.com/
- Phone: 3212804200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Happy Hour Monday - Saturday from 4:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Happy Hour Sundays from 3:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Late Night Menu Monday - Saturday 10:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. In the bar
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Brewery
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Interested in hosting a private event with us? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or feel free to visit our website at www.caskandlarder.com.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 3212804200x
A word from Cask and Larder
Cask & Larder offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed on-site, and fresh-shucked oysters from our raw bar. We look forward to serving you good food with casual southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cask and Larder - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Cask and Larder reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (199)special occasion (123)neighborhood gem (112)hot spot (87)good for groups (80)vibrant bar scene (72)great for brunch (69)romantic (49)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (29)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014C&L has been on my bucket list for far too long and a leisurely brunch with family was the perfect event to finally get us there. We were a party of 8 and pretty well covered the menu with not one single complaint. A true dining experience.... don't miss the Oatmeal Cream Pies & Chicken & Waffles no matter what but you truly cannot go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we were expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We wanted to try this restaurant because we are big fans of their sister restaurant, the Ravenous Pig. The interior was loud and very open. I felt like we were on display. We were at a high-top table that was so small, the dishes and drinks barely fit - it was awkward. We found the menu choices uninspiring, not at all like the Ravenous Pig's inventive and exciting "foodie" type selections. We did enjoy the beer they brew themselves - we each had a flight. As for food, we ordered the crispy oysters. Not bad, but nothing special. At that point, we decided to move on and try someplace else. If you are just looking to drink a few interesting beers, go for it. If you are looking to have a nice dinner out, go to the Ravenous Pig.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Great overall experience. The food, beer, and service were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh food diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Our new favorite spot in Orlando and surrounding areas.Special Features:
- Food and beer is top!SuKaDined on 8/15/2014The food at Cask and Larder is always tasty and the presentations are pleasant. The choices are interesting and creative. I like the home brewed beer. It's fun to try them all, maybe not the same night…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and beerfabfoodDined on 8/15/2014Everything about this restaurant deserves 5 stars. There is not one thing my family and I consumed that we did not absolutely love. We can't wait to go back and eat all the new farm fresh meals they prepare. Also to drink more beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014It's obvious that these ppl here care about their food. It is fresh, local, and seasonal. The wait staff is very helpful and polite. The food was absolutely delicious. Not one thing on the menu is lacking flavor. The crafted beers are sensational. "liquid stupid" and their "Toasted Rye' beers were on point. just so much pride is taken in their work here, and it glows. My only qualm is the for what the food is, it is just slightly over priced. But that won't stop me from going back again. This is a must go and definitely try the plum tart and the ice cream sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMFoodieDined on 8/11/2014When one reads the menu items and what is in them, it might scare some folks off; however, I have realized that their chefs know exactly what they are doing with the pairing of the various foods and taste. It is just so fun to eat there and try different things. One big negative is teh noise level. Not only is their music in the dining room, which is way too loud, but with everyone talking it is loud. My friends and I found ourselves having to talk very loud and to repeat ourselves. I know two couples who went there for special occasions on my recommendaton and won't go back because of the noise level. It seems very hard to find quiet restaurants these days; however, Cask & Larder does seem noisier. For the bar noise is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, inviting and great foodsusanjnDined on 8/10/2014Loved spending brunch with family at Cask & Larder. Service from Dave was great, fun brunch cocktails and menu. Inviting decor. Onsite parking with complimentary valet. This place is tough to get into during "season" so recommend a reservation. Full bar- lots of fun.Special Features:
- Farm to Table - Upscale ComfortTinyTahliaDined on 8/10/2014This was my second experience dining at Cask & Larder, first time for brunch. The deliciously inventive and ever-changing Farm-to-Table offerings were beautifully excecuted, and the service we received from Jaryd was superb. The savoury and sweet approach to cuisine has quickly turned this into my favourite restaurant in Winter Park, and I plan to return regularly and introduce new friends each time. Highly recommend an adventurous approach to new items -- you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small dishes leaves us hungryHARDDO91VIPDined on 8/9/2014The portions here are small, from the mixed drinks to the main course. Ecliptic menu set in a nice space. Nice find, but no rush to return. PS. My brother-in-law left after his meal and went to Chic-Fil-A---Either what I said is true or he is greedy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- never a bad mealchfetteDined on 8/8/2014took son out for a nice dinner before he went back to West Point - everything was spot on perfect!!!! And the best parts of each thing we had were the pairings of the house made pickles that so made each dish unique. People who think that this is an "expensive" restaurant are missing the boat - reasonable prices for the quality and portions. This is one place I have NEVER been disappointed in - no matter what the occasionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2014Food was great and service outstanding. There were a lot of unusual/unexpected dishes on the menu and everything we tried tasted fantastic. The place was just too noisy for my tastes; I don't like feeling like I'm yelling across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just plain amazing.Schenker08Dined on 8/5/2014What you've heard is true. This place is amazing. If you enjoy eating food that is unique and well prepared, this is your place. Food has flavors that are extraordinary! We will be back as this was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome.TellItHowItIsDined on 8/3/2014Coming from SC I was really interested in finding a great "craft cocktail" bar in Orlando. We showed up Sunday at 9:30 and tried a flight of beers brewed in house. The lemon basil beer was ridiculous. The cocktail menu was a little light for the amounts of bitters, shrubs and other ingredients on the bar. My wife had the rosemary vodka lemon aid which was quite good. The biggest surprise of the night came when the food arrived. The brisket sliders could go up against any BBQ joint in SC. Crispy oysters served with kimchi relish so on point I could have are another order my self. The best part by far had to be the Caramelized fig and arugula salad. I would recommend this to anyone and will be back next time in Orlando. Service was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Brunch done well!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014My wife & I experienced an absolutely delightful brunch...both enjoying the Southern Benedict. The decadent event was complemented by intriguing cocktails: my wife with the Whiskey Smash and I with the Seelbach Cocktail...both excellent. I highly recommend Cask & Larder!Special Features:
- Great dining experiencedinendrinksDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful experience! A unique environment to match the unique menu. Everything was local and fresh. The fried dough desert was to die for. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Tony MTonyDined on 8/2/2014Seasonal menu. Excellent food! Large selection of bourbons. Great overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic...awesomeDisappointedDined on 8/2/2014Keep it up Cask and Larder! We have been there twice and are about to become once-monthlies. Great drink menu. Great good menu. Original. Tasty. Can't say much more. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyQueenofCableDined on 7/30/2014Very nice experience. Food combinations were interesting for my cautious group but the flavors mixed well and were surprisingly delicious. Corn on the cob was wonderful, fig salad was too. All the entrees were tasty. They tend to spice the food a bit too much for people that prefer mild temperatures. Definitely would return -Special Features:
- dinner for twoEatingoutDined on 7/29/2014Another of those instances where the chance to make a good first impression by the hostess was completely wasted. It was clear she had no interest in us, our reservation or our excitement at visiting a new restaurant. Our waitress, on the other hand, was a delight, knowledgeable and helpful. The failure to clear the table of the debris of a whole snapper prior to dessert was the only downside, no matter how 'hip' and casual, for these prices I do not expect to be left with a dirty table. The food was very good, shrimp tostadas had great flavor and the snapper was excellent, as was the accompanying carrot and fennel salad. The country ham trio was disappointing, the slices were more akin to prosciutto than to VA ham. Overall,very good.Special Features:
- richMrichietheCDined on 7/28/2014Atmosphere was great, very interesting menu with a wide variety of selections for the carnivore or vegetarian in the group. Drinks were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greataustin1037Dined on 7/27/2014My wife and I have been here before and like last time it was amazing as usual. Just the right portion size. Great drinks. This time we had dessert and we couldn't decide so we each had one and they were both amazing. Just the right sweetness and not overly sweet. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014This was my fourth visit, and as usual I loved everything I ate. I will be back until I have tried everything on this menu.Special Features:
- Farm to TablegldmDined on 7/27/2014We initially found Cask and Larder when searching for craft beer in central Florida. The beer was exceptional and so was the food. The food was fresh, delicious, and creative. The service was equally wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:
- Reservatons don't mean anything ...moremeanslessDined on 7/27/2014I've decided after being seated 35 minutes after my reservation time....reservations don't really mean anything on a Sunday brunch. I ask if they had music and was told yes, I did not know they meant piped in stereo. The Shrimp and Grits were okay, but not impressive. Have had larger portion, better taste for $2 more at a restaurant less than a mile away from here. Also, maybe my tastes are just not expensive enough ... but they do not carry a Zinfandel wine. It was my first....and probably last visit.
- Jewel of a restaurantChowDownOrlandoDined on 7/27/2014The food was excellent, great fusion of traditional Southern or Latin dishes with modern flavorful twists. The chicken and waffles was exquisite. Will definitely return to try other menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I was introduced.adventurousdinerDined on 7/27/2014Cask and Larder is a great place to try new things. They have an eclectic small menu. Not only is thier spin on food a bit different, they are also farm to table which is a huge plus for me. I have only been twice to thier sunday brunch but I can not wait to go back for dinner! The menu changes a bit month to month so its like going to a different restaurant each time. Make sure to bring your pocket book though, while most of the menu items are decent in price it adds up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C&L A Winner AgainJimMcVIPDined on 7/26/2014Once again my wife and I had a great dining experience this past Saturday ant the C&L. We have been disappointed by many of the supposedly good Central Florida restaurants but never the C&L (or the Ravenous Pig). My wife had the Fig and Arugula Salad and the Trout and both were excellent. I had the Kale Salad and the Brisket on Parker House Rolls. My only negative was I could have easily eaten a double portion of the marvelous Brisket! Taylor was our server and did a great job. My wife and I dine out often and we consider ourselves foodies. It is a real pleasure to visit a restaurant with such an unusual and creative menu that can consistently pull off an outstanding dining experience. The C&L and "The Pig" are on our top 10 list!Special Features:
- Delightful and delicious!SueKDined on 7/26/2014We have dined at Cask and Larder numerous times since its opening and have always walked away delighted and satisfied. This particular occasion was our daughter's 21st birthday, so she chose Cask and Larder based on their drink menus, as well as our recommendations. Starting with drinks, they are without a doubt some of the best in the Orlando area, with a fabulous wine list and craft beers. The food is delicious, always fresh with markets listed on the board. We tried four different entrees - the comeback burger, trout, rabbit and pork belly, and Nashville hot chicken - and enjoyed them all. Since the menu changes seasonally, the chicken is the only one I recognized from previous visits. Service is impeccable - hospitable and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting combinationswhycookDined on 7/25/2014Great place to eat if you like combining non traditional ingredients. The best things by far are their kale salad, Tennessee chicken, then caramel pudding as dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy, as Always!hamboneDined on 7/24/2014The folks at Cask and Larder love food as much as we do. Their dishes are inventive and super-fresh takes on classic Southern comfort food. Their staff is generally passionate and attentive, though our waiter seemed distracted on this particular night. We just loved the "lambdouille" sausage with bright preserved lemon and tasty beans and greens. The snap pea dish with farro and spiced pecans was also a brilliant combo. The star, though, was the off-the-hook rich and delicious malted milkshake with dark-chocolate moonpies--particularly good with their espresso and cappuccino. Their music is great too -- classic rock that suits their fun, Southern-hipster attitude. We will dine here again (and have visited frequently)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to its pedigree!NOLAdinerDined on 7/24/2014It is all too common for gastropubs or brewpubs to have great beer and so-so food or great food and so-so beer. Cask and Larder, however, has perfected this concept. The food is definitely not neglected and lives up to what one would expect from the people that brought you The Ravenous Pig. There is a definite southern focus in the menu and everything is executed with well-deserved aplomb. The fried corn on the cob is unique and absolutely delicious. As for the beer, they wisely brought in Ron Raike, who has easily been one of the most exciting brewers in the state. His beers are thoughtfully designed and always exciting. The releases of his special batches are an event not to be missed by anyone with a taste for good beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014It was our first time dining there. Fig & arugula salad was incredible. Great combination of flavors. Whole Pompano was delicious. Enjoyed the house brewed beers & specialty drinks. Our server was John. He was very knowledgeable & made some great recommendations. We'll definitely be back next time we're in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicegreatfoodDined on 7/23/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Cask and Larder. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday and we had a wonderful time. Service was excellent and food was delicious. It was the first time for both of us and we would definitely go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a foodies dream locallyjojopicks4uDined on 7/21/2014From the moment we walked into Cask and Larder it was welcoming and relaxed but with a classy approach. Our server was probably the best we have even had, not pushy, very knowledgeable and spoke with passion about the menu. She didn't lead us wrong on any of the menu options because the food was absolutely amazing. My boyfriend said multiple times "best meal of my life so far" music to my ears (it was his birthday dinner) but he was right everything we ordered was delicious. From our home brewed beers to our entire meal. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmelesq2bDined on 7/20/2014Second visit. Amazing food and drink options. Love the beer list & whiskey cocktails. The food is filling made with fresh ingredients. My sister has celiac and they were very aware of what is in their dishes, and it is all freshly made so it can be tweaked as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallfoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great experience; love the atmosphere; food is always good but I had WAYYY too much butter on my french toast. My husband's egg & sausage dish was fantastic; fit for a foodie!Special Features:
- Over hypedFoodie52Dined on 7/19/2014We had great service and the restaurant is pretty. However, my entree was awful. First, it was tiny. I don't need a gluttonous portion, but for $21, it shouldn't be appetizer sized. I had the clams and sausage. There were 4-5 thinly sliced sausage medallions and maybe 10 clams. The pasta it was served with was awful. For whatever reason, the chef thought it would be a good idea to make tubular pasta, imprint it with fork tines and color it black. It looked like worms and I couldn't eat the pasta without gagging. We ordered the peach cake for dessert, which was good, but another tiny portion. I am no stranger to fine dining and again, I think most restaurants serve insanely large portions, but these were tapas sized with entree prices.
- ExcellentgrumpyflyDined on 7/17/2014From the food, to the craft brews, to the deserts, all were excellent!