Cask and Larder
565 W. Fairbanks Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Cask and Larder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caskandlarder.com/
- Phone: 3212804200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Happy Hour Monday - Saturday from 4:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Happy Hour Sundays from 3:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Late Night Menu Monday - Saturday 10:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. In the bar
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Brewery
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Interested in hosting a private event with us? Contact email@example.com for more information or feel free to visit our website at www.caskandlarder.com.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 3212804200x
A word from Cask and Larder
Cask & Larder offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed on-site, and fresh-shucked oysters from our raw bar. We look forward to serving you good food with casual southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cask and Larder - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Cask and Larder reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since April 2 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (212)special occasion (126)neighborhood gem (110)good for groups (84)vibrant bar scene (81)hot spot (81)great for brunch (73)romantic (49)great for lunch (31)notable wine list (27)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Always greataustin1037Dined on 7/27/2014My wife and I have been here before and like last time it was amazing as usual. Just the right portion size. Great drinks. This time we had dessert and we couldn't decide so we each had one and they were both amazing. Just the right sweetness and not overly sweet. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014This was my fourth visit, and as usual I loved everything I ate. I will be back until I have tried everything on this menu.Special Features:
- Farm to TablegldmDined on 7/27/2014We initially found Cask and Larder when searching for craft beer in central Florida. The beer was exceptional and so was the food. The food was fresh, delicious, and creative. The service was equally wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:
- Reservatons don't mean anything ...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I've decided after being seated 35 minutes after my reservation time....reservations don't really mean anything on a Sunday brunch. I ask if they had music and was told yes, I did not know they meant piped in stereo. The Shrimp and Grits were okay, but not impressive. Have had larger portion, better taste for $2 more at a restaurant less than a mile away from here. Also, maybe my tastes are just not expensive enough ... but they do not carry a Zinfandel wine. It was my first....and probably last visit.
- Jewel of a restaurantChowDownOrlandoDined on 7/27/2014The food was excellent, great fusion of traditional Southern or Latin dishes with modern flavorful twists. The chicken and waffles was exquisite. Will definitely return to try other menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C&L A Winner AgainJimMcVIPDined on 7/26/2014Once again my wife and I had a great dining experience this past Saturday ant the C&L. We have been disappointed by many of the supposedly good Central Florida restaurants but never the C&L (or the Ravenous Pig). My wife had the Fig and Arugula Salad and the Trout and both were excellent. I had the Kale Salad and the Brisket on Parker House Rolls. My only negative was I could have easily eaten a double portion of the marvelous Brisket! Taylor was our server and did a great job. My wife and I dine out often and we consider ourselves foodies. It is a real pleasure to visit a restaurant with such an unusual and creative menu that can consistently pull off an outstanding dining experience. The C&L and "The Pig" are on our top 10 list!Special Features:
- Delightful and delicious!SueKDined on 7/26/2014We have dined at Cask and Larder numerous times since its opening and have always walked away delighted and satisfied. This particular occasion was our daughter's 21st birthday, so she chose Cask and Larder based on their drink menus, as well as our recommendations. Starting with drinks, they are without a doubt some of the best in the Orlando area, with a fabulous wine list and craft beers. The food is delicious, always fresh with markets listed on the board. We tried four different entrees - the comeback burger, trout, rabbit and pork belly, and Nashville hot chicken - and enjoyed them all. Since the menu changes seasonally, the chicken is the only one I recognized from previous visits. Service is impeccable - hospitable and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting combinationswhycookDined on 7/25/2014Great place to eat if you like combining non traditional ingredients. The best things by far are their kale salad, Tennessee chicken, then caramel pudding as dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy, as Always!hamboneDined on 7/24/2014The folks at Cask and Larder love food as much as we do. Their dishes are inventive and super-fresh takes on classic Southern comfort food. Their staff is generally passionate and attentive, though our waiter seemed distracted on this particular night. We just loved the "lambdouille" sausage with bright preserved lemon and tasty beans and greens. The snap pea dish with farro and spiced pecans was also a brilliant combo. The star, though, was the off-the-hook rich and delicious malted milkshake with dark-chocolate moonpies--particularly good with their espresso and cappuccino. Their music is great too -- classic rock that suits their fun, Southern-hipster attitude. We will dine here again (and have visited frequently)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014It was our first time dining there. Fig & arugula salad was incredible. Great combination of flavors. Whole Pompano was delicious. Enjoyed the house brewed beers & specialty drinks. Our server was John. He was very knowledgeable & made some great recommendations. We'll definitely be back next time we're in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicegreatfoodDined on 7/23/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Cask and Larder. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday and we had a wonderful time. Service was excellent and food was delicious. It was the first time for both of us and we would definitely go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a foodies dream locallyjojopicks4uDined on 7/21/2014From the moment we walked into Cask and Larder it was welcoming and relaxed but with a classy approach. Our server was probably the best we have even had, not pushy, very knowledgeable and spoke with passion about the menu. She didn't lead us wrong on any of the menu options because the food was absolutely amazing. My boyfriend said multiple times "best meal of my life so far" music to my ears (it was his birthday dinner) but he was right everything we ordered was delicious. From our home brewed beers to our entire meal. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmelesq2bDined on 7/20/2014Second visit. Amazing food and drink options. Love the beer list & whiskey cocktails. The food is filling made with fresh ingredients. My sister has celiac and they were very aware of what is in their dishes, and it is all freshly made so it can be tweaked as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallfoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great experience; love the atmosphere; food is always good but I had WAYYY too much butter on my french toast. My husband's egg & sausage dish was fantastic; fit for a foodie!Special Features:
- Over hypedFoodie52Dined on 7/19/2014We had great service and the restaurant is pretty. However, my entree was awful. First, it was tiny. I don't need a gluttonous portion, but for $21, it shouldn't be appetizer sized. I had the clams and sausage. There were 4-5 thinly sliced sausage medallions and maybe 10 clams. The pasta it was served with was awful. For whatever reason, the chef thought it would be a good idea to make tubular pasta, imprint it with fork tines and color it black. It looked like worms and I couldn't eat the pasta without gagging. We ordered the peach cake for dessert, which was good, but another tiny portion. I am no stranger to fine dining and again, I think most restaurants serve insanely large portions, but these were tapas sized with entree prices.
- ExcellentgrumpyflyDined on 7/17/2014From the food, to the craft brews, to the deserts, all were excellent!
- Unique and funMorningbell717Dined on 7/17/2014I loved my first dinner experience at C & L. I have been for lunch, which they no longer do. I decided to go with the Nashville Hot Chicken and it was a home run for me. It comes served on cornbread, topped with homemade pickles and paired with Mac and Cheese. I expected it to be super spicy but it was moderately spiced with cayenne and smoked paprika. Very smoky and savory with heat that didn't burn. The beer flight was delicious and the wine I tasted was very very good. The server was very attentive and was very kind to the toddler at our table who was the only child in the restaurant. They do not have a kids menu but made her a cheese burger anyways and totally said they would adapt anything for her. I'd go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive VibesfoodiefiendDined on 7/17/2014Our group of 6 completely enjoyed our dining experience. The menu was eclectic and offered a great variety of selection with upscale twists. We were able to sample several dishes by sharing. Kudos to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDinnerwithwifeDined on 7/14/2014Took my wife there for our 13th anniversary. Made a reservation on open table for 730. We arrived at 725 and was seated by 726. Wait staff was awesome and so was the food. Recommended for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great serviceMATGDined on 7/13/2014I took my husband there for his birthday. The food was okay; not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!MacysOptiqueDined on 7/13/2014Love this place....incredible food and fantastic beer. Very unique menu that constantly changes. Don't miss out.Special Features:
- Another great experience!HiwalkerDined on 7/12/2014Cask is hands down a favorite. I take all out of town visitors and again the did not disappoint. Server was great, food was awesome and the location is clean and welcoming. Love Cask and Lader! A lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cask and larder, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014My fiancée and I loved our experience at C&L. Service was welcoming and genuine, the food looked and tasted incredible, and we even got to watch the kitchen in action sitting at the chefs counter. We will certainly be back soon to enjoy more of their delicious menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My high expectations were metJaysephusDined on 7/12/2014My group of four made reservations at Cask and Larder based on rave reviews by friends. We all went into the meal with pretty high expectations and, thankfully, not one of us left disapointed. The food was great (we tend to share around the table) and our waitress was friendly, helpful and in no rush to get us in and out. The beer was good and the ice cream sandwich was better. Overall a great experience. Highly reccomended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoringSophisticatedSwineDined on 7/10/2014Unfortunately, the food did not meet my expectations. I had the Rabbit & Pork belly! The taste was off a bit and portion sizes were negligable. Had a much better experience at its sister restaurant - Ravenous Pig!
- Best food!apw9Dined on 7/10/2014One of best meals ever - sunburst trout! Noise level beyond bearable in dining area. Still, loved it and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Bucket List ItemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014This place is absolutely one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time. Went with family and we had a great experience. The service was spectacular and Diane was one of the best servers we have had in our long-time dining experiences. Cask and Larder should be on everyone's must try list. Because once you try it, you'll be back and back and back.Special Features:
- FABULOUS!Food4ThoughtVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was our first time here and we love it! We had no idea we were going to have Sunday brunch but we just happened to notice this place and we are so glad we tried it! Everyone was really nice and our server was very pleasant but most of all, the food is just absolutely great! We had the corn bread, soft shell crab, french toast, and eggs with sausage. We want to come back for dinner!Special Features:
- Not your average restaurantMagdielDined on 7/5/2014You have to make a reservation for weekends since sometimes they get to the point of no walk ins only reservations. The rest. is beautiful decorated and the staff very friendly and helpful. Complimentary valet parking is a nice gesture. Love the food and desserts are a most. :-)) Lot better than Park Plaza Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Flavors!DeltaDined on 7/5/2014It's hard to describe the explosion of Flavors! Don't be timid, try as many dishes as you can!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern bound9heather9Dined on 7/5/2014As a southern girl, I felt somewhat at home. The food was good. We started with the ham and biscuits I really enjoyed this. Next, we had the main meal. My husband had the burger- we were not a fan of it at all. I had oysters and we shared the snap pea's and friend corn. I would have to say that the fried corn and pea's were my favorites. For dessert we had the fried dough. It was great!Special Features:
- Fun ExperiencePC3058Dined on 7/3/2014If you like to try different things this a great place to go. Very eclectic menu, good beers and good service. Everything is farm to table which is a nice touch. Food was well prepared.Special Features:
- GeoOwlDined on 7/1/2014The food is different than you find on the normal restaurant menu. It is very good and changes often, based on my seeing very different menus on my two trips there. I enjoyed the meal very much as did my five companions.Special Features:
- Food not as good as they thinkkr8nDined on 6/30/2014I have heard a lot about Cask & Larder, and I have had a few of their beers at pubs around town, but I was disappointed after I finally ate there. The food looked great and sounded good on paper, but most of it was far too acidic and ended on a sour note. It was a pleasant enough experience, but for the money, I would not go backSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchmadrockerDined on 6/29/2014As long as this version of the Southern Benedict is on the menu, I may go back every Sunday to get it. Brings back memories of growing up in southern Tennessee and family gatherings at my grandparents on Sundays after church.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!DrK01Dined on 6/27/2014We made a reservation for 9 PM. When we arrived the place was still very busy. Our table was not ready however there was plenty of room at the bar. The staff was very cordial and kept us updated frequently. Once we were seated, we were provided with two free appetizers. The experience was excellent and the food was top notch. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceFreddyClaytonDined on 6/26/2014Every time we go to Cask and Larder, I am impressed with the creativity and skill of the chef and the friendly attentiveness of the wait staff. The food is consistently delicious - on our recent visit, we especially enjoyed the kale salad, the beef brisket sliders, and the mahi mahi. The cherry cobbler was also delightful for dessert. We recommend Cask and Larder enthusiastically and unconditionally.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Server was very pleasant. Dessert took 15 minutes to be served. Gratuity added for a party of 6. I would have tipped more, but can't stand having grat added for a party of that size. 8 or more makes sense - particularly with people who don't know how to tip. Food was not anything to write home about. I won't be back.
- Fantastic food, superb servicefoodfiendDined on 6/25/2014Started out with the shrimp toast with feta & melon (yum!), crispy oyster bibb lettuce wraps; trout w/ corn puree, couscous was good, great hot spicy chicken w/ delish mac & white cheese 'n' collard greens; kale salad was tasty with thin slices of peach & beet, granola, and avocado.Special Features:
- Down home decadencemarkDined on 6/23/2014Hard to call the cooking "down home" unless Martha Stewart is your mother. The creativity of the chef in combining obscure (yet available) ingredients to achieve delightful, robustly flavored variations of simple foods is unlike any place I've experienced, even the "sister" Ravenous Pig. The food is wonderfully rich without cloying, so it is possible to order carefully and leave very satisfied without breaking the budget. But if splurging on a once a month treat, both calorically and financially, is your intention, you won't find a better place to do it anywhere!Special Features: