Cask and Larder
565 W. Fairbanks Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Cask and Larder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caskandlarder.com/
- Phone: 3212804200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Happy Hour Monday - Saturday from 4:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Happy Hour Sundays from 3:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Late Night Menu Monday - Saturday 10:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. In the bar
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Brewery
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Interested in hosting a private event with us? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or feel free to visit our website at www.caskandlarder.com.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 3212804200x
A word from Cask and Larder
Cask & Larder offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed on-site, and fresh-shucked oysters from our raw bar. We look forward to serving you good food with casual southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cask and Larder - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Cask and Larder reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (188)neighborhood gem (114)special occasion (112)hot spot (85)good for groups (74)vibrant bar scene (66)great for brunch (58)romantic (45)late-night find (33)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (25)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- C & L 2nd visitMODELDined on 10/21/2014This was our second visit to Cask and Larder, first visit was good, second visit good, was hoping for great. Service and ambiance great, just not falling in love with the food.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Service was good, but waitress seemed a little tired and overwhelmed. The food lacked flavor; the presentation was ordinary. This experience did not live up to my expectations.Special Features:
- PriceyCELEBRATION4FRIENDSDined on 10/17/2014This place is great. The food and service was very good. Catfish was Amazing. You get 2 thick pieces of catfish over a small bed of spring mix for $18. The hot chicken which was Incredible is smoked for hrs then deep fried and dipped in hot sauce from scratch $24 which came with 4cheese macncheese w broc it was divine! For dessert we had doughnuts with caramel pudding sooooo goood. I think for the price it should be for special occasions not for family dinners unless you got deep pockets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!letseatDined on 10/16/2014All four of us enjoyed our meals immensely! The okra was a favorite as well as the ice cream sandwich dessert. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014This is my 4th time to Cask and Larder and I have yet to find anything to complain about. The beer selection and cocktails are amazing and vast. The food is local, delicious, and perfectly portioned every time. You cant go wrong with anything on the menu, and if you have any questions, the servers are always well knowledged in everything on the menu. The experience is pricey, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- JozeDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is owned by the Ravenous Pig folks but I don't think the food is as good. The selections were confusing and some overpriced (I ordered the roasted oysters and got 6 for $16!) They were buried in a sauce and for all I know there weren't any oysters there! The wine list seems to be fairly priced and they do a good pour. My friends seemed to like it but for me, once is enough.Special Features:
- Devine Food @ BrunchOtownfoodie29Dined on 10/12/2014Cask & Larder is a wonderful place for brunch, especially if you are looking for something along the lines of gourmet. The biscuits and gravy were utterly delicious, the gravy was like some sort of a honey sauce. The brisket hash I ordered as well was amazing, full of flavor with egg on top. One thing for sure I will back. Keep in mind everything is on a cart, so there is no flat rate for Brunch. The service on the other hand can improve, I really expected more of a southern hospitality culture, especially from what Cask & Larder calls "Southern Public House." Other than that Cask & Larder is a place I recommend, the food was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and tatsyMcFly5585VIPDined on 10/10/2014This was not my first time at Cask and Larder, which should be an indication in it of itself as to my experiences. The food is delicious and unlike anything I see at other restaurants and their beer and cocktail selection is just as innovative. I tried the Vanilla Marshmallow beer which was tasty and reminded me of cream soda. We started with the dips (cheddar dip with ham jam and smoked fish dip) and collard toast- these did not disappoint. The chicken apple cheddarwurst with ale mustard was an awesome fall inspired dish that paired well with the beer. My dining companion opted for a hanger steak dish and we shared a brussels sprouts side- nothing was left. We look forward to returning, perhaps to reserve the private dining room.Special Features:
- Great Food, Better Service!AkatrielDined on 10/9/2014The service at this place is incredible. We were tended to quickly and everything we needed was brought immediately. The food and drinks were amazing! Delicious flavors and quickly served. Dessert was on the decent side of things however delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazing!Beretta819Dined on 10/9/2014This was my first time after almost a year of saying "I want to try this place" . I am so glad I finally did. The server Erin was so personable and her knowledge of the menu was amazing. Then the food came and it was absolutely outstanding. There was nothing left on our plates from the "fixins" to the pumpkin cheesecake. I would not only recommend C&L to a friend, I plan to go back until I've tried the entire menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerCvbuzz1Dined on 10/5/2014We had dinner for my husbands b-day and the food was amazing & we had a really good and attentive waiter (he answered my annoying questions). Husband had the Nashville Hot Chicken, loved it (chicken was so tender). I had the Comeback pork burger...delicious!! The BBQ fries were a nice surprise. Friends had vegetarian options. The brusselsprouts were to die for (& I normally don't like them). Good food, good experience. A little pricey, so this is an occasional treat, but honestly, it's worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Yet Again!!!7as7yDined on 10/5/2014We had a 1700 hrs reservation, arrived a few mins early and were seated promptly and we were the only table occupied in the dining room. It sounded like there were a number of folks in the bar area. We both thoroughly enjoyed the Nashville Hot Chicken!!! The white bbq sauce, the cornbread, the mac and cheese, it was all very, very tasty!!! We both had dessert, which I had the Chocolate Pot De Crème and he enjoyed the Fig Pudding.... sorry if I don't have the labels correct, but I do know that this is one of our favorite restaurants, along with The Ravenous Pig!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word...LOUSEYenjoyfood77Dined on 10/5/2014We had been told by another chef that their quiche was AMAZING and worth the drive. We found out that it is a "seasonal thing"...I guess I didn't realize that eggs are "seasonal". ;-) We had a party of 4 adults. 2 ordered the rabbit torta. Rabbit was tender, however the rest of dish was entirely too salty and seemed like a entree you would heat in a microwave. The other 2 adults ordered the chicken & waffles which was TOO smokey & TOO sweet all at the same time! The waffle was made with very heavy cornmeal and the chicken was over fried. We had told our server at the beginning that it was our first time. Even though he welcomed us, he made no effort in explaining any of the dishes or making any recommendations and only saw him at the end.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisegayeanastasiaDined on 10/4/2014I found this restaurant via a review in "The Week". I made the reservations online and was called to reconfirm. The menu is created daily according to what ingredients are freshly purchased which is listed on a board along with the farm! I was a bit flummoxed by the descriptions - fairly esoteric, but the food was excellent and the wait staff was appropriately cordial. They are a mini-brewery and my husband had a beer sampler, but did not finish some of the samples. I had a lovely Chablis, pricey but worth it. We had 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and two deserts. After all of that food, I was pleasantly surprised that I did not feel overly stuffed. I attribute that to the reasonable portions and the low amount of carbohydrates. We will return!Special Features:
- AmazingBrooks51773Dined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is a great place for both the food and ambiance. The menu has something for every palate and the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExpectationsAntoneDined on 10/4/2014Our second time at Cask & Larder and again it doesn't disappoint. We expected another great meat and experience, and received that and more. A great place to experience great food!Special Features:
- Cask & Larder 10.4.14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Cask & Larder has yet to disappoint my wife and I. Their is always something new when we go (once every few months). The fried donut is the best. Don't ever get rid of it please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time was not a charm!BigjimatmDined on 10/2/2014Met our son and his wife for dinner after a good first experience and were disappointed. Nothing was hot but the hog snapper. The ribs were room temp and so coated with dry rub that you could not taste the rib. Pork burger was mediocre as was the snapper. We had raved about the corn on the cob and it was served room temp. Overall we were as disappointed on this trip as we were pleased on the first try. $220.00 for four was a costly error!Special Features:
- Great FindDiPetrovDined on 9/29/2014We spent our honeymoon in Orlando and made a trip out to Cask and Larder based on reviews on Yelp. We loved it. The Crispy Brussels were amazing, as were the Deviled Eggs. It was great to experience tastes outside the normal spectrum of restaurant meals. The service was perfect. Will absolutely return if we are ever in the area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishJRH1Dined on 9/28/2014As always, the food was outstanding and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is a MUST!WhgilleDined on 9/28/2014A wonderful place to enjoy Sunday brunch with your honey. Service is impeccable and the food is great. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- Delicious but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was unique and delicious. Had a nice stout too. The price per dish for the size of the dish is borderline criminal. I'm not expecting Golden Corral portions but when the server tells me for a party of three adults we should order 8-9 of the non entre dishes, at $10-$16 per, to have enough food. That just doesn't add up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysFoodFiendDined on 9/27/2014Cask and Larder is a personal favorite and this time was no exception. My fiancée and I celebrated our engagement by coming to Cask and Larder and our waiter, Adam, took great care of us. The food and drinks were fantastic and we were given two free desserts in honor of our occasion. I already recommended Cask and Larder to our friends before this meal, and I'll continue to do so after. 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I have been to Cask and Larder on several occasions and each time is more impressive than the last. This past Sunday, me and a group of 5 friends went to enjoy their brunch. Our server, Taylor, was friendly, attentive, and knew the menu like the back of his hand. The food was equally as lovely as the service. I ordered the eggs benedict and although, it was a little different from the average eggs benedict, I must say that it was the best eggs benedict I have had to date. Overall, wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Worth a tripJohnHDined on 9/20/2014The menu is eclectic and southern-inspired. Things you may not immediately think of as going together work well. Some of the choices are unusual, like the goat tamale that was on the ever-changing menu when we visited. The cocktails are well-mixed, and the house-brewed beer has something for every taste. Dessert was good, though not necessarily a must. Overall, if you are slightly adventurous eater (though not too much), Cask and Larder is recommended.Special Features:
- Best of OrlandoHarrySDined on 9/18/2014We were in town for a convention and wanted to get away from restaurant chain hell of I-Drive. What a great find. About 20 minutes from the Convention Center but well worth the ride. Great, unique Southern cooking with incredible service. Fantastic craft cocktail choices. Definitely one of the best dinner experiences we have had in Orlando.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant!AirkatDined on 9/17/2014Wow! Incredible place! Food was out of this world and we lucky to have Sean as our server. So happy all around!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and tasty food!Food4ThoughtVIPDined on 9/14/2014The beer is fantastic and priced just right. You will love the food here but some of the entrees are a bit pricey for the small portion you receive.Special Features:
- Amazing & CreativemantheDined on 9/14/2014Best tasting and most creative food I've had for....well, as long as I can remember. Service was top notch and our waiter was extremely knowledgable and accommodating. I VERY HIGHLY recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul & SukoshiFoodie4UDined on 9/13/2014This dinner was great! We ordered a bit of everything and enjoyed all. House beers were excellent with various choices. All in all, a very special nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and beer both greatAchefDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I were out celebrating and we each had 3 courses plus a beer. Everything was great, especially the ramen! The service was wonderful as well, our server was very knowledgeable and we didn't feel rushed at all. I would happily go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie ParadiseChefyDined on 9/8/2014If you like foods that are different and your in the Orlando/Winter Park area, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Cool spot.JackMahofferDined on 9/6/2014Food was amazing and the service was outstanding! The menu is very interesting with some great choices.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Diverse menu but nothing memorable. Enjoyed the country ham flight most of all.
- Not thier bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We have bien there before and know they can do better. My dish the rabit had no rabbit to speak of. My daughters duck noodle soup was nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Southern cooking, with a twisttrvlngdocDined on 8/31/2014This is the second time I've been to Cask & Larder, but the first time for brunch. I've seen pictures of the brunch items and they looked AMAZING, and the food definitely met my expectations. I had the Shrimp & Grits, which were cooked perfectly. The grits were nice and creamy, which many restaurants can't do. A friend had the Chicken & Waffles. The chicken was nice and moist. We split the Bakeshop on a Board as a dessert. The best part of the board was the Oatmeal Cream Pie. This is a MUST HAVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The management team saved it...AudraKDined on 8/31/2014We were greeted by a very friendly team & seated immediately for our brunch reservation. I ordered Chicken & Waffles, my friends ordered the Pho and Croque Madame. We chose the croissant-donught holes as an appe. The flavor was fabulous, but they were a bit doughy on the inside. A little more cooking time was needed. I love spice. I love flavor. But everything is very heavily seasoned that it makes it hard to enjoy an appetizer AND a meal without contradicting your palate. My friend returned the Croque Madame as it was not warm on the inside. The replacement came out the same way. The manager offered to replace the meal and comp'd it. They handled the situation well, but we really just wanted the food. :(
- Cask & LarderRed3Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, awesome beer...I will definitely go back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Once again had an outstanding meal and overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFLSkierDined on 8/27/2014While some itms on the menu can be a little cliche - there is always a good selection of delicious food.Special Features: