Cask and Larder
565 W. Fairbanks Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Cask and Larder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caskandlarder.com/
- Phone: (321) 280-4200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Happy Hour Monday - Saturday from 4:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Happy Hour Sundays from 3:00 - 6:00 in the bar
Late Night Menu Monday - Saturday 10:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. In the bar
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Brewery
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Interested in hosting a private event with us? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or feel free to visit our website at www.caskandlarder.com.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 3212804200x
A word from Cask and Larder
Cask & Larder offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed on-site, and fresh-shucked oysters from our raw bar. We look forward to serving you good food with casual southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cask and Larder - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Cask and Larder reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (188)neighborhood gem (105)special occasion (100)good for groups (77)hot spot (76)vibrant bar scene (63)great for brunch (56)romantic (39)late-night find (30)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Cask & Larder 10.4.14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Cask & Larder has yet to disappoint my wife and I. Their is always something new when we go (once every few months). The fried donut is the best. Don't ever get rid of it please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time was not a charm!BigjimatmDined on 10/2/2014Met our son and his wife for dinner after a good first experience and were disappointed. Nothing was hot but the hog snapper. The ribs were room temp and so coated with dry rub that you could not taste the rib. Pork burger was mediocre as was the snapper. We had raved about the corn on the cob and it was served room temp. Overall we were as disappointed on this trip as we were pleased on the first try. $220.00 for four was a costly error!Special Features:
- Great FindDiPetrovDined on 9/29/2014We spent our honeymoon in Orlando and made a trip out to Cask and Larder based on reviews on Yelp. We loved it. The Crispy Brussels were amazing, as were the Deviled Eggs. It was great to experience tastes outside the normal spectrum of restaurant meals. The service was perfect. Will absolutely return if we are ever in the area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishJRH1Dined on 9/28/2014As always, the food was outstanding and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is a MUST!WhgilleDined on 9/28/2014A wonderful place to enjoy Sunday brunch with your honey. Service is impeccable and the food is great. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- Delicious but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was unique and delicious. Had a nice stout too. The price per dish for the size of the dish is borderline criminal. I'm not expecting Golden Corral portions but when the server tells me for a party of three adults we should order 8-9 of the non entre dishes, at $10-$16 per, to have enough food. That just doesn't add up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysFoodFiendDined on 9/27/2014Cask and Larder is a personal favorite and this time was no exception. My fiancée and I celebrated our engagement by coming to Cask and Larder and our waiter, Adam, took great care of us. The food and drinks were fantastic and we were given two free desserts in honor of our occasion. I already recommended Cask and Larder to our friends before this meal, and I'll continue to do so after. 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I have been to Cask and Larder on several occasions and each time is more impressive than the last. This past Sunday, me and a group of 5 friends went to enjoy their brunch. Our server, Taylor, was friendly, attentive, and knew the menu like the back of his hand. The food was equally as lovely as the service. I ordered the eggs benedict and although, it was a little different from the average eggs benedict, I must say that it was the best eggs benedict I have had to date. Overall, wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Worth a tripJohnHDined on 9/20/2014The menu is eclectic and southern-inspired. Things you may not immediately think of as going together work well. Some of the choices are unusual, like the goat tamale that was on the ever-changing menu when we visited. The cocktails are well-mixed, and the house-brewed beer has something for every taste. Dessert was good, though not necessarily a must. Overall, if you are slightly adventurous eater (though not too much), Cask and Larder is recommended.Special Features:
- Best of OrlandoHarrySDined on 9/18/2014We were in town for a convention and wanted to get away from restaurant chain hell of I-Drive. What a great find. About 20 minutes from the Convention Center but well worth the ride. Great, unique Southern cooking with incredible service. Fantastic craft cocktail choices. Definitely one of the best dinner experiences we have had in Orlando.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant!AirkatDined on 9/17/2014Wow! Incredible place! Food was out of this world and we lucky to have Sean as our server. So happy all around!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and tasty food!Food4ThoughtVIPDined on 9/14/2014The beer is fantastic and priced just right. You will love the food here but some of the entrees are a bit pricey for the small portion you receive.Special Features:
- Amazing & CreativemantheDined on 9/14/2014Best tasting and most creative food I've had for....well, as long as I can remember. Service was top notch and our waiter was extremely knowledgable and accommodating. I VERY HIGHLY recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul & SukoshiFoodie4UDined on 9/13/2014This dinner was great! We ordered a bit of everything and enjoyed all. House beers were excellent with various choices. All in all, a very special nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and beer both greatAchefDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I were out celebrating and we each had 3 courses plus a beer. Everything was great, especially the ramen! The service was wonderful as well, our server was very knowledgeable and we didn't feel rushed at all. I would happily go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie ParadiseChefyDined on 9/8/2014If you like foods that are different and your in the Orlando/Winter Park area, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Cool spot.JackMahofferDined on 9/6/2014Food was amazing and the service was outstanding! The menu is very interesting with some great choices.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Diverse menu but nothing memorable. Enjoyed the country ham flight most of all.
- Not thier bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We have bien there before and know they can do better. My dish the rabit had no rabbit to speak of. My daughters duck noodle soup was nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Southern cooking, with a twisttrvlngdocDined on 8/31/2014This is the second time I've been to Cask & Larder, but the first time for brunch. I've seen pictures of the brunch items and they looked AMAZING, and the food definitely met my expectations. I had the Shrimp & Grits, which were cooked perfectly. The grits were nice and creamy, which many restaurants can't do. A friend had the Chicken & Waffles. The chicken was nice and moist. We split the Bakeshop on a Board as a dessert. The best part of the board was the Oatmeal Cream Pie. This is a MUST HAVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The management team saved it...AudraKDined on 8/31/2014We were greeted by a very friendly team & seated immediately for our brunch reservation. I ordered Chicken & Waffles, my friends ordered the Pho and Croque Madame. We chose the croissant-donught holes as an appe. The flavor was fabulous, but they were a bit doughy on the inside. A little more cooking time was needed. I love spice. I love flavor. But everything is very heavily seasoned that it makes it hard to enjoy an appetizer AND a meal without contradicting your palate. My friend returned the Croque Madame as it was not warm on the inside. The replacement came out the same way. The manager offered to replace the meal and comp'd it. They handled the situation well, but we really just wanted the food. :(
- Cask & LarderRed3Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, awesome beer...I will definitely go back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Once again had an outstanding meal and overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFLSkierDined on 8/27/2014While some itms on the menu can be a little cliche - there is always a good selection of delicious food.Special Features:
- Fish overcookedSteveDined on 8/24/2014We went to this restaurant because they had whole Hogfish on the menu. This fish is not seen on menus very often. The salads and appetizers we ate were good. However the fish was overcooked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Restaurant was rated number one on a list of brunch restaurants in Orlando. Had high expectations and was disappointed. All the food had a twist to the recipes which did not meet our tastes. Probably just personal taste and some people may love it. Definitely prefer Maxine's.
- Top of the must do listbeepowersDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant came up multiple times when I asked people where to go for good eats when I moved down here. I checked it out my first week and I am hooked. The food is incredible. They are dishes I know with twists I would never dream of. Most of the menu changes based on what is in season...so there is a really good reason the Fried Dough stays on the dessert menu. Really do save room for it. The beer menu is awesome, it is all home brews though so don't expect to find anything you recognize. It can go from reasonable to pricey quick depending on what you order. Also the happy hour is a pretty great deal on drinks. I can't wait for my next excuse to go back.Special Features:
- Innovative menuluvfood2beerDined on 8/23/2014Every morsel of food was delectable. The craft beer and cocktails were delicious as well. Already trying to figure out when I am going back to Orlando so I can dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedAnnetteVIPDined on 8/22/2014The last time I ate at Cask and Larder I was disappointed with the noise level, the poor service and the quality of the food. This time was a total turnaround. We were sat at a table where I didn't feel I came with the strangers next to me. The food was delicious and the service prompt. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Super satisfiying- Delicious!BrubeckDined on 8/22/2014Great food, atmosphere and service! We went to celebrate my husband's birthday, Cask and Larder was a perfect choice. Ambiance is warm and inviting. The fig and arugula salad was to die for- plentiful with figs. The pickled cabbage filled pierogi that accompanies the pork belly and rabbit were amazing. They could be a dish unto themselves. The catfish over grits was crispy and cooked to perfection. The ice cream sandwich was light and a perfect grown-up twist on a childhood favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Anniversary dinnerNealsDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I had a lovely meal for our 26th anniversary. Everything was outstanding, food & service. They even went above and beyond bringing us a beautiful dessert sampling of two desserts we mentioned we thought sounds delicious but were a bit too full, complete with beautiful chocolate writing around the rim of the plate wishing us a happy anniversary. We were very impressed. And the desserts were outstanding. We ate early which was nice on a noise perspective, I think it may get quite noisy there. We are always looking for a place with great food but you can still hear each other speak, not having much luck unless we eat very early. Five stars from the Neals, we will definitely return and have already recommended it to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would never returnFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Service & ambience outstanding. Entree of rabbit boudin was small appetizer size for $22, really amazingly small & pierogi not good. Beans, greens & lamdouille had hard undercooked beans & tough tasteless sausage. Choc mousse was too salty to eat & not at all sweet - awful. Salad of figs & ricotta - awesome. Owned by Ravenous Pig so expected a great meal & had a bad one.
- Great BrunchYoungGrasshopperDined on 8/17/2014C&L has been on my bucket list for far too long and a leisurely brunch with family was the perfect event to finally get us there. We were a party of 8 and pretty well covered the menu with not one single complaint. A true dining experience.... don't miss the Oatmeal Cream Pies & Chicken & Waffles no matter what but you truly cannot go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we were expectingRadicalToadDined on 8/16/2014We wanted to try this restaurant because we are big fans of their sister restaurant, the Ravenous Pig. The interior was loud and very open. I felt like we were on display. We were at a high-top table that was so small, the dishes and drinks barely fit - it was awkward. We found the menu choices uninspiring, not at all like the Ravenous Pig's inventive and exciting "foodie" type selections. We did enjoy the beer they brew themselves - we each had a flight. As for food, we ordered the crispy oysters. Not bad, but nothing special. At that point, we decided to move on and try someplace else. If you are just looking to drink a few interesting beers, go for it. If you are looking to have a nice dinner out, go to the Ravenous Pig.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Great overall experience. The food, beer, and service were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh food diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Our new favorite spot in Orlando and surrounding areas.Special Features:
- Food and beer is top!SuKaDined on 8/15/2014The food at Cask and Larder is always tasty and the presentations are pleasant. The choices are interesting and creative. I like the home brewed beer. It's fun to try them all, maybe not the same night…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and beerfabfoodDined on 8/15/2014Everything about this restaurant deserves 5 stars. There is not one thing my family and I consumed that we did not absolutely love. We can't wait to go back and eat all the new farm fresh meals they prepare. Also to drink more beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014It's obvious that these ppl here care about their food. It is fresh, local, and seasonal. The wait staff is very helpful and polite. The food was absolutely delicious. Not one thing on the menu is lacking flavor. The crafted beers are sensational. "liquid stupid" and their "Toasted Rye' beers were on point. just so much pride is taken in their work here, and it glows. My only qualm is the for what the food is, it is just slightly over priced. But that won't stop me from going back again. This is a must go and definitely try the plum tart and the ice cream sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMFoodieDined on 8/11/2014When one reads the menu items and what is in them, it might scare some folks off; however, I have realized that their chefs know exactly what they are doing with the pairing of the various foods and taste. It is just so fun to eat there and try different things. One big negative is teh noise level. Not only is their music in the dining room, which is way too loud, but with everyone talking it is loud. My friends and I found ourselves having to talk very loud and to repeat ourselves. I know two couples who went there for special occasions on my recommendaton and won't go back because of the noise level. It seems very hard to find quiet restaurants these days; however, Cask & Larder does seem noisier. For the bar noise is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.