8877 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cask63.com/
- Phone: 4809225666
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour- Daily, 4-7pm
Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Summer Hours- Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Bracher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it’s a special occasion, meeting, or gathering, Cask 63 private dining room is the perfect choice. The room is sleek and sexy with two full-length glass walls. We offer a variety of both set and a la carte menu options, combined with a distinct wine and cocktail list.
- Private Party Contact: Tracy Zeiss 8777049854
- Special Events: monthly wine dinners
A word from Cask 63
Cask 63 American Eatery & Wine Bar is a vibrant restaurantwith a comfortably contemporary space, eclectic American cuisine and a distinctive wine menu. Cask 63 is an inviting and not intimidating wine bar – the kind of place we would want to hang out with family and friends, sip good wine and enjoy great food. It takes 31 ½ gallons of wine to fill a cask, which is a generous amount that invites sharing. So we multiplied that number by two & you have Cask 63.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cask 63 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Found out why they weren't busy...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Place looks nice and has an incredible menu, so why on a typically busy Mother's Day is this place 1/4 full? We found out when the food came. Some was ok to good, but my wife, mother, and daughter were served rubberized versions of pancakes and waffles. This triggered the poor service and lack of recovery. They replaced the food after arguing about it and trying to make excuses and it took a long time so outlet guests of honor had to eat alone. No reduction on the check either but plenty of bad attitude
- It's not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day brunch. I did not know you could only order from the special menu. My husband doesn't like breakfast food so this was not a good start. We asked if he could order any other options and were told no. He ordered the shepherds pie and he actually liked it. I wish the server would have at least asked the kitchen if there was something he could order off the regular menu. They were not busy. There were many empty tables the whole time we were there. The rest of us ordered off the brunch menu and nothing was exceptional. My waffles were cold and tough. I think they did not cook to order because my father-in-laws pancakes were cold too and everyone's hash was cold. I felt bad for picking this place for Mother's Day brunch.Special Features:
- Sweet Find for FoodiesFoodexplorerVIPDined on 5/9/2013Loved the wine list and the menu was excellent. Something small for everyone. Loved talking to the Chef and we will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- We were in Scottsdale forMicheScottVIPDined on 5/4/2013We were in Scottsdale for a conference and a group wanted to go out and get our foodie on. We left the food selection up to our server and Chef Josh. It was a parade of inventive, delicious, beautiful plates. We were even taken off menu for bone in Lamb shank. Well worth the visit!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!!ritasforpaigeDined on 5/4/2013I so enjoy the staff and the food at Cask 63 They are always friendly - helpful - good is consistently good - I feel like its a home away from home!! Have taken many friends and clients there and they all agree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smaller main dish plates andScottsdaleRichVIPDined on 4/29/2013Smaller main dish plates and generous appetizers makes for a perfect combination. Hard to choose among the offerings. Great to have so many fish offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked this place. I am gladCS629VIPDined on 4/16/2013I liked this place. I am glad we tried it. It seems its getting harder to find places where you can TALK and have nice meal. So many places are SO noisy that its like eating at a concert. This was truly an enjoyable aspect. The decor is very relaxing, modern and comfortable. We ate in the lounge area at a very comfortable table. We ordered an assortment of appetizers and small plates. We will definitely be back to try more items on the menu. And the happy hour menu was full of items that I would have ordered off the main menu; calamari, Cesar salad, tilapia. Very good prices too!Special Features:
- Service was outstanding, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013Service was outstanding, food was incredible, and the wine selection was top flight. I travel to Scottsdale about twice a year and I neve miss the opportunity to dine there. I have turned on many locals to Cask 63, all have nothing but great things to say after they visit!Special Features:
- The food was correct, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/9/2013The food was correct, but a piece of bone was left in the hamburger. The service is very good. The place was not very busy.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Beautiful decor done in blues, browns and glass tiles. Have dined there twice in two weeks. Both times outstanding food and service. Loved the Chilean bass, beef short rib and cupcake with balsamic icing! Want to try everything on the menu!Special Features:
- We have had 3 dining experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We have had 3 dining experiences at Cask 63 and they were excellent. Vincent is a great host/head waiter or whatever his title is. One was a family event, one was with a university chancellor and the other was with another good couple. My husband thinks the portions are somewhat small. We are returning to Wisconsin so we'll see you next fall.Special Features:
- it was ok...the short ribsJG12345VIPDined on 4/3/2013it was ok...the short ribs were good and it was nice to be able to order a variety of foods...a pleasant experience, but i wasn't bowled over
- Dinner for four earlier evening.EricDined on 4/2/2013Dinner for four earlier evening. Service was prompt and server knowledgeable about menu items, wine paring, etc. We had a very enjoyable and relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- We tried Cask63 for EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013We tried Cask63 for Easter brunch because of the inventive menu. We give it SIX stars! My husband had banana walnut bacon pancakes with rum laced syrup(!). I had poached egg stuffed artichoke heart paired with blue crabmeat in Bearnaise sauce(!!!) I am recommending this restaurant to anyone who will listen. This is a chef new to Cask63 whom I hope stays forever.Special Features:
- Excellent service; short ribsbarbVIPDined on 3/30/2013Excellent service; short ribs melted in your mouth; loved the idea of the small plate-large plate concept; really nice selection of food; second time we have eaten here and this was a much better experience...Special Features:
- ATe there several tmes duringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013ATe there several tmes during our stay and the food was generally good.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent,theaterVIPDined on 3/27/2013Everything was excellent, it is just too bad there aren't more people. It's the third night I've been there and there have been only three or four tables.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/27/2013I have been to Cask63 a handful of times before and always order my favorite ahi salad. The menu appeared different this time, but the salad was still on it, so I was hopeful. Sadly, the salad is not what it used to be. The ingredients are different and the fish was stringy and not very fresh. The variety of breads and butters still accompany the meal, but were cold and hard. Overall, poor experience. That may explain the near-empty dining room at lunch. Will not return.
- While the food was outstanding,PeachVIPDined on 3/23/2013While the food was outstanding, the service was disappointing. Our bread arrived after the second course. We had 3 different waiters and the one who delivered our food passed us by twice looking for the recipients of the delivery while the food got cold. We felt very unimportant.Special Features:
- A very nice night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I found the staff to be knowledgeable, well trained, and friendly. The food was well prepared, served properly and delicious. Really, not much more can be expected.Special Features:
- We met anothr couple for dinnersasyDined on 3/22/2013We met anothr couple for dinner and had a great experience. The wine was good and very reasonable. We shared many of the small plates which was alot of fun and the food was very good. Overal a good experience will go back againSpecial Features:
- Made a meal out of Happy HourDaveTowleVIPDined on 3/22/2013Made a meal out of Happy Hour fare - great meatloaf and pear salad. Food was reasonable, but the $ 12 martini is what kills the budget.Special Features:
- We had a lovely time! NewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2013We had a lovely time! New chef has livened up the menu with dishes to share and entrees in 2 different sizes. Our server indicated he is willing to invent dishes for different needs - i.e.vegetarian. The lamb chop was no ordinary chop - it was 3 ribs of rack of lamb prepared perfectly. The sea bass was also delicious. The menu at the restaurant is different from what is posted on line. Our server was great at explaining it. We are fond of the venue dating back to when it was Bloom. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemJeffDined on 3/8/2013What a wonderful concept! I realize the shared plates are not for everyone, but maybe they should be! The food is all so good and prepared in interesting ways. The presentation is fabulous. It is obvious the staff enjoys working there and it all makes for an enjoyable evening! Their bar selections are also great and the design is very cool. Our new favorite spot! It is amazing they are not jammed all the time! Try it!Special Features:
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013Very happy with our dining experience at Cask 63. I knew it already had great reviews, but I can say first hand this is one of the best dining experiences and food I've had in a while. I recommend going with a few different small plates which are basically half order instead of one entree so you can a tasting experience.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013Living in the Bay Area, we get spoiled, so take that into account in this review. Most of the dishes we had were "good" not "great." Some - like the hamburger with brisket on top, seemed more oriented toward quantity, rather than quality. The servers, including one of the owners, were very, very nice, but it was hard to get their attention and there were two mistakes in our order. The owner (on her own initiative) comped one of the entrees because it was sent to the wrong table and we had to wait an extra 20 minutes for it to arrive. The wine list was surprisingly limited if you wanted wine by the glass. The restaurant decor was tasteful.Special Features:
- Confusing menu, inexperiencedNARDDined on 3/1/2013Confusing menu, inexperienced waiter, oblivious manager. Entrees were the highlight, scallops, bass and salmon were very good. Nice private booth seating. If you like to pass and share everything this is for you!Special Features:
- Awesome restaurant. I wishKTapplyVIPDined on 2/28/2013Awesome restaurant. I wish I lived in Scottsdale so I could enjoy this more often. Great wine selection and great prices for classics....Special Features:
- Celebrated my belated birthday :-)vonnieVIPDined on 2/26/2013FYI, Open Table & their website menu are both out of date--now they serve mostly small plates. We shared the calamari (delicious), mushroom flatbread (amazing!!!! I'm still dreaming about it), short ribs w/ perfectly cooked carrots, fluffy mashed potatoes and wonderful sauce. We also had the lamb, served with homemade gnocchi (also cooked to perfection) and the pear salad, which was the only "meh" of the night. For dessert we all shared a creme brulee and both my dad and my uncle mentioned the quality of the "custard" like flavor. It was heavenly. Our server was terrific and we will definitely be back again. Thank you for a wonderful night!Special Features:
- Just OKKittyVIPDined on 2/23/2013The food was just OK this time - I was disappointed. We just had the weekly burger special and it was a HUGE disappointment. The meat was not good as well as the overall taste. The restaurant is too loud also - they absolutely need to change that. The positive note is Anthony is an excellent waiter - ask for him.
- The food was very good asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2013The food was very good as it had been on our last visit but the service is very poor.. We had a long wait before our appetizers arrived. Then the plates sat on our table for a long time before our entrees came at which point we were expected to move them so the server could put our entrees on the table. The waiter was friendly but forgot us much of the time I doubt if this restaurant can survive when it is only half full on a Saturday night during high season. The lack of service seems to be throughout the restaurant and we will not be returning
- Phenomenal! Dan, our server,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2013Phenomenal! Dan, our server, could not have been better! Attentive, knowledgeable and a great sense of humor!!!Special Features:
- Very pleasant if not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2013Very pleasant if not outstanding experience. Will go back.
- They had small plates whichOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013They had small plates which were just right. Lamb chops were very good!
- This Is the Way It Should Be!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Excellent food. Outstanding customer service. A very nice variety of menu choices. Used for business dinner and client was impressed.Special Features:
- A lot of confusionDurantsGemDined on 2/15/2013Although the food was excellent, my fish was undercooked, but that may have been my fault. The menu is a little confusing, so please ask the waiter or waitress to explain it very carefully, or you will be given your sides as a first course instead of in addition to your main dish! WTF? It was good tasting sides so we didn't care at the time. The dishes are small so it is perfect for those who want small portions and lots of wine.Special Features:
- Not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013The menu I read on line was not the same as the one we were given. Still confused by that, even after re-reading the on line version.Two scallops for $14.00??? I had no idea I was just getting two when I ordered it. I was looking for the scallop dinner that I had seen on line, but didn't see it on the menu. In retrospect, I should have ask our server to clarify. We took two guests that night and I just sent a note to them apologizing that I made a bad choice in choosing that restaurant.
- A GemJeffDined on 2/14/2013We didn't know what to expect but had a wonderful experience for Valentine's Day. The small plates provide a perfect amount of food for sharing. All of the food was excellent and the preparation was different and very enjoyable. This place has a wonderful ambiance. It is a gem.Special Features:
- Our food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Our food was excellent, but the portions were extremely small. Also, my husband was served a different salmon dish than the one that he ordered. Our waiter was wonderful, but the couple dining next to us had a horrible experience with service. To be honest, we had a nice time, but probably won't be returning. It seemed overpriced for what little food you received.Special Features:
- I was there for valentinesEatoutalotVIPDined on 2/14/2013I was there for valentines dinner and it was the worst experience I have had on that special day. The service was terrible. I asked for no sauce and guess what it came with sauce, the waiter couldn't have cared less. We will not go back.