286 Grand Ave.
Falmouth, MA 02540Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://casinowharffx.com/
- Phone: (508) 540-6160
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kory Ferrier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Casino Wharf
The Casino Wharf FX offers the best in oceanfront dining and is locally renowned as one of Cape Cod's "top ten" dining destinations. Located directly on the beach, in Falmouth Heights, the Casino Wharf FX is truly "a window box on the sea" allowing our customers to experience spectacular views while enjoying lunch, dinner or just a drink. During the day, the sun shines on the ocean and in contrast, the moon casts it's glow onto the sea in the evening. The Casual elegance is redefined as you experience the warmth and hospitality of our outstanding staff. The menu is not just your typical Cape Cod fare, there is something on the menu to please everyone's palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casino Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- So disappointingLuv2eatDined on 7/30/2014Took out of town guest here......food was terrible.....my sister had clam chowder couldnt f ind a clam a potato anything! I had a hamburger it was terrble......no one was happy with their meal....diet pepsi flat. A wasted 100.00 !Special Features:
- The following 168 reviews are from the Casino Wharf reviews archive.
- Great place great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Filet was over cooked, and had an awkward taste, still good, as I ate the entire meal. Great place for sunset, beautiful, being a sweatshirt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Lunch on the deckHealthspeakerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Sitting overlooking Vineyard Sound on a spectacular day, we had a late lunch at reasonable price. The mixed green salad is perfectly and deliciously dressed. Special of the day, prime rib for $15! My husband certainly enjoyed this. The scallop roll is scrumptious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly, disappointingDonotgohereDined on 6/15/2014I made a reservation three weeks in advance for Father's Day. When we arrived, we were told that the deck outside was full ...though we could easily see two tables being held for others...we mentioned that we had made the reservation three weeks in advance and couldn't understand why a table on the deck couldn't have been "held" for us ....We were told 'sorry' and offered a table inside with a view of the deck railing. Food was slow, tho we were the only diners inside. Mojitos had vodka, not rum ...would have walked out, but it was Father's Day
- Fabulous Group LunchJackiRoseDined on 12/31/2013We got top notch service from reservations through completion of meal. They accommodated us for 20 people where we could all have an ocean view. The food came out surprisingly fast for such a large group and everyone seemed to love their meal. I can't wait to bing my group back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013The food and atmosphere were amazing. I cannot wait to come back here for a dining experience in the summer months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Holiday DinnerRussDined on 12/27/2013Good view of the harbor in daylight hours and very comfortable in the evening. Food choices all outstanding as was the wine list. We will do Casino Wharf again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not go there for a holiday.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/28/2013Although the food was acceptable and the ambiance was nice, the evening was disappointing overall. The restaurant ran out of items on the menu and they began to clear away chairs and tables during the entrée course. In the end I ate my second choice options from the prix fixe menu with cold air coming in from the door that was propped open.
- A Thanksgiving eve traditionHealthspeakerVIPDined on 11/27/2013The Casino Wharf offers a terrific dinner deal the night before Thanksgiving where a toy donation for a local shelter gets you an entrée when you purchase one entrée full price plus two drinks (drink can be soda, tea, coffee or alcohol-based). They took care of our table of 13 with grace and cheer. All loved their dinners. The new cod dish was amazing, a clean tasting perfectly seasoned dish that felt like a healthy, tasty dish prior to the Thanksgiving day dinner. Thank you for providing our family with yet another family Thanksgiving tradition and for your commitment to the local shelter. .Added bonus, we stayed for trivia post meal and won!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO-TO EATERYMeachDined on 11/13/2013THIS IS MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT...HERE ARE THE REASONS: FRIENDLY AND EXCELLENT STAFF, GREAT FOOD, EXCELLENT AMBIENCE, REASONABLE PRICING. SURE TO PLEASE EVEN THE PICKIEST GOURMANDS!Special Features:
- The dinner came with the emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2013The dinner came with the empty apps still on the table. We had to move them ourselves because the server could not put the food down. He had to come back with steak knives and just tossed them on the table. The steak was not tender and had grissle through it. We had to ask for more water. Over all was not good. Something should be comped!!
- Good Food before the Half MarathonfelimpoDined on 10/25/2013Try the Clam Chowder, one of the best in MA. Good quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodCapersDined on 10/25/2013We have been at the restaurant more than 30 times and have never come away disappointed. Good food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel like you are on the capebppineDined on 10/22/2013I have been going there since it opened. In the summer I go for a late lunch in order to get a table on the deck and view the water. Whenever I have company that is where I take them. Went there on Tuesday for dinner and we all ordered something different and everyone was pleased with their meal. They are closed off season and used to open in March which is dismal but I had company from Japan and Australia and we had a great lunch and enjoyed the view.Special Features:
- AwesomeyummyagainDined on 10/5/2013Dining at Casino Wharf is always fantastic. The food, the service, the views, it can't be beat!Special Features:
- Relaxing and funDannyDined on 9/22/2013I had the pleasure of eating the lobster roll which was amazing! Great spot to look at great views of the ocean and drink awesome drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLuv2eatDined on 9/17/2013Waitress was so distant....rude actually....like she would rather be any place else....Special Features:
- The Sound of Surf!!GinnyGailVIPDined on 9/12/2013Lunch on the porch overlooking the surf below is always wonderful! Whole belly clams were delicate and delicious. The mussels in Thai curry sauce was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casino Wharf FXPM30VIPDined on 9/7/2013Great Restaraunt right at Falmouth Heights. Outdoor dining right on the water. Manager personally greets patrons at the door. DJ on the weekend nights. Nicely set up function room upstairs. Food was excellent. Highly reccomend for groups or couples, great night out. Valet parking available at no charge, sometimes can be tough finding a spot around the beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family favoriteHealthspeakerVIPDined on 9/7/2013As always, we enjoyed our dinners. Salads are a standout, well mixed drinks, friendly service.
- Speed EatingdiningtigerDined on 8/28/2013My wife and I had only been to the Casino Wharf with a group for July 4 fireworks dinners, and had great experiences, so we decided to try it for dinner for two. Despite the fact that the restaurant was nearly empty at 7pm, they made us feel like they needed to turn the table: they took my wife's salad as soon as she put the last piece of lettuce in her mouth, and they tried to take mine twice before I finished. Seconds after picking up my salad plate, our entrees were delivered. I finished my entree first, so they grabbed my plate and asked if my wife was finished-she wasn't. We think the food was good, but really don't know since we had so little time to enjoy it. Eating dinner in 55 minutes did not make for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Seafood over steakcat53Dined on 8/28/2013The cod and shrimp meals were excellent .the sirloin steak did not rate as well. The steak was overcooked;was returned and still over cooked. did not eat. Management gave us 2 free desserts. Great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View-Terrible Food & ServiceDanielVIPDined on 8/25/2013Terrible food, worse service - but a real nice view of the ocean and Martha's Vineyard.They got my wife's order wrong and they forgot to bring my entree. The server did not seem to care. Nor did the manager. When the food did arrive it was wrong and awful. Don't go to this place.Special Features:
- Lovely and DeliciousWilliamsVIPDined on 8/24/2013This was unknown to us and a welcome surprise as a highlight of our trip. Our server was wonderful (a college strudent). The view from the deck is gorgeous, and the food delicious.Special Features:
- excellent for 1st timefirsttimersDined on 8/21/2013From the time we walked in to the time we left was GREAT. The hostesses greeted us right away. The waitress acknowledge us then came over shortly after. Appetizers were hot & delicious, clam chowder of course. Our entree's was fantastic. The portions were rather large. The lobster roll was huge & delicious, my husband ordered scallops & they just melted in your mouth. My daughter got gnocchi & they tasted just like my mothers, great. Desserts were great. My daughter asked the waitress questions and she very great with her. When we were done she asked if she could wrap up the rest of it and if there was anything else. Never felt rushed. The atmosphere was fabulous you cant beat dining on the water. The best in falmouth heights!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much pepperjames6655VIPDined on 8/19/2013I live spice but everything we ordered had too much black pepper and some red pepper as well. Pasta and risotto were overlooked. So, other than overlooked and over spiced, it was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like eating on the beach...withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2013the food was wonderful, the view spectacular and the service exactly what one would expect how to stop it like this. We would come back here again, and expect to find a hopping bar scene again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite dinner spot on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2013Casino wharf is our favorite place to eat in the summer. You can dine inside or out and the views are great! The menu changes often, the food is outstanding!! Staff is excellent. Don't forget cash to tip the valet, there is no self parking. A kids menu is available but if your kids can't sit still for a long dinner this isn't the place for them. Best suited for couple/adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterjaalgoDined on 8/15/2013For a seafood restaurant my diver scallops were submerged in a sauce that was tasteless. My wife's lobster roll was fine, but the fries that came with it were much too salty.Special Features:
- We live right down the streetHealthspeakerVIPDined on 8/15/2013We live right down the street and enjoy the Casino Wharf for a nicer dinner. We had planned on eating on the deck but the evening was unseasonably cool and ate inside. The noise level is significant on a busy summer's evening inside and I might limit my in season dining to the deck. Food was quite good as usual but two dishes served cool. This was promptly corrected with profuse apologies by the attentive servers. Still, at this price point, this is disappointing. Steak and seafood were very high quality, delicious salads, and a crab bisque that was (per the consumer who said it was too good to share) memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again, Does Not Disappoint!BobfromBostonVIPDined on 8/10/2013We at the Casino probably 4-5 times a year and have always found the food and service excellent. The menu is not inexpensive but the food is worth every penny. We have recommended the Casino to many friends and relatives and always hear good things. We will continue to come back, we love the location and the food and the staff is always very competent.Special Features:
- Living here on the Cape weanonymousDined on 8/6/2013Living here on the Cape we brought non-Cape residents and were hoping for a little friendlier service and better food than we actually received. Too bad, because I will not be recommending Casino Wharf to anyone.
- Dining by the SeaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2013There is vale parking only so be prepared to pay for parking. The restaurant interior is comfortable inside and out, however, there are no inside booths. If the weather is nice and not breezy dining on the porch overlooking the ocean is very relaxing and adds to the ambience. I had a pan seared tuna with wasabe oil that was tasty but a little stringy. The green beans were fresh but could have been steamed longer to soften them further. My wife had a caeser salad with a dressing that lacked distinction. The prices would have been reasonable for better prepared and better quality food but overpriced for what we got. We won't be rushing back for a meal, however, it would be a nice place to have a drink on the veranda on a nice day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, great viewVirguleVIPDined on 7/28/2013This was our first time here, party of 4. The food is quite fine -- steamers, yellowfin tuna, scallops, cod, swordfish all very fresh and cooked beautifully (the server even mentioned that the tuna would be very rare. That's what I expected, but appreciated the alert.). Side dishes (Caesar salad, beans, skins-on mashed potatoes) also done just right. We had a good and not very expensive pinot gris. Seated outside you look out on Vineyard Sound, which is a great view to go with your meal. The restaurant had a loud and bass-thumpy band on the second floor, but sitting outside you could barely hear them. We would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Lovely spotAlwayshungryDined on 7/22/2013Usually this restaurant is on the quiet side, but we were there on trivia contest night which was great fun. Quiet dining outdoors was offered, and participation in the activity completely optional. The food is terrific, drinks are fun, and wine selection very good. Indoor the restaurant is attractive Nd nicely air conditioned. An exceptional convenience is their valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and view!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2013I am from the area and this restaurant is the place to go for a really nice meal, great atmosphere with the best outside dining in Falmouth. The service was excellent which made our night even more enjoyable. The scallop dish with corn crumb topping is absolutely delicious. Overall, everyone was extremely happy with their dinner selection. If you are looking for a nice clean and updated restuarant with the option of outside dining, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent halibut specialmjmrmVIPDined on 7/8/2013Excellent halibut special - served hot and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-committedDisappointVIPDined on 7/5/2013We arrived at 8:20 for 8:30 reservation; did not get seated until about 9:15. Several large walk-in parties were a bigger priority. We may have been seated just as fast without a reservation. It was a holiday, but reservations should have been honored. Took another 5 mins. to get menus. The wine was 10 more mins., after which an apologetic waitress promised to bring us some bread and (finally) take our order. The bread (rolls actually) arrived a few minutes later, but were frozen in the middle. When we returned these, the waitress said she'd realized that all the rolls were frozen. Oysters were lukewarm, but otherwise the food (Cioppino and baked stuffed lobster) was good. Prices are fair considering the waterfront location.Special Features:
- Baked stuffed lobster andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2013Baked stuffed lobster and grilled swordfish on a Cesaer salad both were excellent!! Waitstaff is always pleasant and efficient - we would have sat at a table outside to take in the beautiful water view had it not been so foggy! Overall, a great dinner experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud musicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013We gathered for a special occasion and had to yell at the person next to us to be heard, the music was so loud. The waitress had to yell out the specials/soup of the day, too. We wanted to enjoy our time together, instead it was like being at a loud concert. We won't return.