3737 North Oak Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cascones.com/
- Phone: 8164547977
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Victor Cascone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Cascone's do your cooking. We offer group portions on many of our most popular menu items such as our Creamy Fettuccini Alfredo, Baked Lasagna, Chicken Spedini, Toasted Ravioli and much more. You can pick up at either of our locations hot and ready to serve or you can take them home with simple cooking instructions and prepare them on your own schedule. We also offer delivery and full service catering. Banquet & Catering Coordinator Dianna Scola for further information 816.454.7977
- Private Party Facilities: Our spacious private rooms accommodate groups from 25 -125 and are the perfect spot for meetings, banquets, company parties, luncheons, baby showers and wedding rehearsals. Our custom menus feature a mix of classic Italian along with more modern interpretations. We also offer a sampling of American favorites, including steaks, chicken, chops and seafood. Out professional staff will work with you to make your event perfect in every way weather it be buffet, family style service or a plated dinner. Please call to speak with Banquet & Catering Coordinator Dianna Scola for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Dianna Scola 8167281351
- Entertainment: Enjoy the sounds of live local jazz Friday and Saturday evenings in our lounge area.
A word from Cascone's
The fine Italian food prepared by Chef Victor Cascone is happiness served on a platter. While the hearty food draws regular customers and newcomers, the service and atmosphere is equally integral to the experience. Whether guests come for a bridal shower, holiday office party, or a couple's night out, we provide the same attention to detail and hospitality. We tailor our menu, décor, china, and service to suit special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cascone's - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Cascone's reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (27)romantic (26)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (11)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Very consistantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Long time (60 years!) standby. Minor tweaks in the menu occasionally but you always know what to expect. Carlos was an exceptional waiter.Special Features:
- Always goodsusanmvDined on 9/13/2014I hope the Osso Bucca stays on the specials menu or simply added to the main menu. Simply not to be missed. The lasagna is another all time favorite!Special Features:
- That's-a Italian!HillerinoVIPDined on 9/5/2014If you want the best Italian food in the city with the best service (Jake was our waiter) drive North to Cascone's. The prices are incredible too! We bring our friends and clients here as it never disappoints. Oh and get the Crazy Alfredo - it is the BEST!Special Features:
- A Home town Gem- Cascone'sKCFoodGuyDined on 8/30/2014Celebration for 60 years is just around the corner, The Food is like what I grew up on .. Traditions in todays changing world, it's nice to find a place that knows it place.. At the top of the list. Great job in Service and excellent variety of winesSpecial Features:
- Best Italian Food in KC, Hands DownGenoVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have been eating at Cascone's for. The location on North Oak in North Kansas City is by far the best of any. Have eaten there for over 30 year as my absolutely favorite Italian food in Kansas City. Every dish is immaculately prepared with perfection in flavor and presentation. Their homemade soups and desserts are out of this world. If you are just craving something Italian as simple as Spaghetti and Meatballs this is your place. The Lasagne is incredible. The menu has something for everyone. They actually prepare the most incredible old fashioned Fried Chicken with real mashed potatoes and incredible green beans. For dessert, WOW! They are all so good. That double layer Lemon cake is too awesome to pass up. Try it, You will Love it!!Special Features:
- Still the best Taste of Italy in KCChipmunk52Dined on 8/22/2014The "Italian Flag" is to die for, great! The wife and I had a great 24th annviversary meal, Thank You.Special Features:
- TootsDined on 8/16/2014The food was good, however I recall it being better on previous visits. The waitress was by far not the best we have had @ Cascone's. I dislike paying extra for something and it not being satisfactory such as the Caesar salad, extra $2.50. Too much dressing. We were offered fresh parmigiana cheese by the server, however the waitress snapped something at him, I think she said she would take care of. When she did not do so, I looked for her and found her behind me clearing a booth. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked if I could have grated cheese. She returned to do, saying something about us declining previously. That was an untrue statement. She also removed my wine glass before I had finished. While the restaurant was quite busy, no exSpecial Features:
- DennisVIPDined on 8/14/2014Always great food - Great service. Best restaurant by far. Food is always deliciousSpecial Features:
- High expectationsschradeDined on 8/10/2014I had just been two weeks prior and the service was impressive so maybe my expectations were too high. The server forgot to offer fresh ground pepper or Parmesan for my salad. I also felt as though I were being rushed by asking if I wanted a box early on. She must have felt it too because when bringing check said "I'm not trying to rush you". Little things yes but noticed and missed when not thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place, good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had been to their location at 91st and Metcalf and really like it, this was every bit as good.Special Features:
- Awesome!CourtneyDined on 7/30/2014I hadn't been in a while, but our group of friends decided to go before a concert. It was delicious, and the service was great. I'm definitely looking forward to going back and will have to revisit more often.Special Features:
- Cascone's is SlippingShowMeGirlyDined on 7/29/2014I've been going to Cascone's for about 45 years. While the menu prices are going up, the portion sizes are going down. They have not been consistent on my last few visits. They have changed their chicken spedini and it isn't nearly as good. The service is always stellar but their cooks vary substantially.Special Features:
- fantasticDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious and the the service was greatSpecial Features:
- good foodartemis8Dined on 7/25/2014We had a good meal. There was a little confusion with our appetizer but it was handled appropriately and we enjoyed our food and server. The dessert was delicious too.
- THIS is ITALIAN!!!!schradeDined on 7/20/2014This is consistently a great Italian restaurant with food and service both outstanding. I sometimes forget about it because it is such a neighborhood staple, but I have never in over 30 years had a less than outstanding meal or service.Special Features:
- very goodnighthawk779Dined on 7/19/2014This icon has been around NKC for ever. You know that you will receive very good food at a reasonable price. A good friendly neighborhood restaurant. I have been going there for years. They have change their menu so if you have not been there in a while you should make a reservation and see whats new.Special Features:
- KC's Best ItalianKCFireMikeDined on 7/18/2014Cascone's is good traditional Italian "Home-style" Cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoDone2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Cascone's was great. The food was very good from the appetizer to the entrees. Our server did not try to rush us through the meal. The lighting and temperature of the lounge were appropriate. It felt like everyone in the lounge was part of a large extended family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night outStephanieDined on 6/28/2014The open table app makes reservations a breeze. Cascone's was rather busy the night we went. I walked right in at my reservation time and was seated right away. The service, food and atmosphere were just superb. I would recommend Cascone's to everyone. What a northland gem!Special Features:
- ALERT Shrinking PortionsShowMeGirlyDined on 6/25/2014We've been going to Cascone's for 50+ years. Their plates are smaller, as are their Italian nachos, salads, bread service and entrees. Our salad didn't have a crouton on it! They've changed their chicken spedini and it is not nearly as good. We'll give them another try but definitely won't be dining there as often because while the portions are shrinking, the prices are not. We mentioned the shrinking salads when an owner asked how our dinner was and the owner offered nothing, not even an explanation. They are also getting stingy with the Parmesan cheese. FIRST DISAPPOINTING VISIT EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- General ChairmanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014This is an all time favorite of ours. We would recommend to anyone. Always a pleasant time, service and the food it always fantastic, I have yet to be disappointed in anything I have eaten here.Special Features:
- LeftyDined on 6/14/2014If you are looking for excellent Italian in the Northland, Cascone's is the place. Great specials.Special Features:
- FantasticUbubuddyDined on 6/14/2014We had a wonderful meal and great service, this us one of our favorite places that we frequent oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014First visit was great. Food, service, etc. was very good. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northland ClassicChrisDined on 6/6/2014Family owned, warm and inviting this gem is easy to get in and out with nice food portions for the money. Support locals when you can .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayJustMeDined on 6/3/2014My wife wanted to go here for her birthday dinner again this year. We had great food and service, and as always a wonderful place to spend with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceHillerinoVIPDined on 6/3/2014If you go, it is all delicious but the Crazy Fettuccine ... Gotta get it! We had left overs the next day and it was twice as good. Service was wonderful and North of the River is proud to have Cascone's in its backyard.Special Features:
- KC OriginalRuBiKDined on 5/30/2014Live swing tunes/singer on weekends plus fine Italian cuisine = awesome. Top notch customer service. It's like you're going to dinner at a restaurant owned by your best friend. Best gravy around. Sugo is the perfect balance of salt and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceJustustwoDined on 5/29/2014The food was as follows: Free table bread: ok Artichoke app: different yet quite good House salad:best we've had in years House soup:quite good Tour of Italy: overall great. Lasagna has lots of sausage Seafood pasta dish:great. All seafood cooked perfectly. Coffee was good too. Atmosphere was good, it did get very busy and given the excellent food and service I understand why. I'd go early if you like a quieter restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 267 reviews are from the Cascone's reviews archive.
- deliciousJenaDined on 5/16/2014The food was absolutely delicious! The best Italian I've had in a long time. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Very family orientated atmosphere. Busy but fun. Went on mothers day and my wife as well as my mother were given roses by the nicest woman. Our waitress was attentive yet not vulture like and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1000 times!!ConnieDined on 5/11/2014I have probably eaten at Cascone's 1,000 times...for over50 years. It has been outstanding every time!Special Features:
- Mothers Dayccbk526Dined on 5/11/2014The whole experience was excellent. Our waiter Nick took care of us and we all enjoyed our food we can't say enough about the great food & sevice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabuloso!AgilespiritDined on 5/11/2014Perfection! Excellent service, great food, decorated nicely for Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianVictorDined on 5/10/2014Wonderful for my birthday celebration! I would recommend to friends. Very nice staff and the owners were there and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3TDD3TDDDined on 5/10/2014Been going to Cascone's for over 35 years. Never disappointed in the food or the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for Special Occassionsabread24Dined on 5/10/2014Celebrated an early Mother's Day at Cascone's this past Saturday night. Since we save Cascone's for special occassions, we always look forward to going and it never gets old. My daughter loves the spadini and my wife always gets the ravioli in vodka sauce. I have enjoyed the lasagna in meat sauce since I was a kid. Will never order anything else...except maybe the lemon cake for desert. Love Cascone's, my favorite Italian Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best traditional Italian in KCKCFireMikeDined on 5/3/2014Cascone's prepares some of the most traditional Italian Food and it taste homemade. I would recommend them for any occasion including a Private Party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed family dinnerFishieDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful Cosmopolitans, stuffed mushroom appetizer, Italian butter, seafood lasagna. This was a family dinner and we stayed for three plus hours. We felt welcome and not rushed. Family (?) or staff stopped by to see how we were doing and chatted. It is hard to find a place where you don't feel rushed. Our waitress was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Always good foodDondanVIPDined on 4/20/2014This restaurant is truly a neighborhood gem. The food is always good. The prices, however, are escalating, but the place is always crowded!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.