811 Cleveland Street
Clearwater, FL 33755Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantcasanova.com/
- Phone: 7277335449
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Casanova Restauarant is pleased to offer Off-site Catering services with an authentic Italian flare founded in Napoli. We will customize a fantastic menu for your special event or wedding. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Entertainment: Wednesday : Humberto Zambrano Thursday : Humberto Zambrano Friday : Humberto Zambrano Saturday : Humberto Zambrano
- Special Events: If you're looking for a great way to celebrate your upcoming special occassion Casanova Restaurnat will be please to assist you in creating a memorable culinary and atmospheric exerpience that you and your guests will enjoy. Contact the restaurant for more information.
- Cross Street: Myrtle Ave.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Lunch Monday - Friday: Self Parking in the back of Restaurant via Myrtle Ave. Entrance through Myrtle due to road construction on Cleveland street Dinner Monday - Thursday: Self Parking in the back of Restaurant via Myrtle Ave. Entrance Dinner Thursday - Saturday: Complimentary Valet Parking at Restaurant via Myrtle Ave. Entrance
A word from Casanova Restaurant
Our menu offers delicious appetizers, our famous homemade Italian pastas and sauces. We are proud to offer a Full Bar atmosphere where you may can relax and enjoy live music, dance and partake of our large selection of domestic and imported wines or fabulous cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casanova Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our second time here. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/2/2012Our second time here. The food was not as good as it was the first time. Seafood was overcooked. The Summer menu seemed limited.
- Service was terrible. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/30/2012Service was terrible. Food was only moderate. Probably won't go back or suggest
- My wife and I dined here forOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/29/2012My wife and I dined here for the first time after we had discovered the restaurant on open table. we had never been here but we're looking for new restaurants to try. we were blown away by how perfect everything was. We were given a private table near a window, which was quiet and secluded. I could not have asked for a more romantic location in the restaurant. Our server Aldo, was dead on with every one of his recommendations. Our food was excellent and perfectly prepared. I cannot say enough complementary things about my visit to Casanova restaurant. We went there out of curiosity, looking for something new, and ended up having the perfect evening. I could not have had a better evening if I had complete control of every detail.Special Features:
- Thanks for a Happy Anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012We wanted to go to a special restaurant to celebrate our Anniversary and Casanova didn't dissappoint. We were welcomed and seated by a very gracious hostess. Our server "Bella" was prompt and friendly, attending to us as if we were her only customers. We had the Brushetta appetizer and it was the best I ever tasted. I selected one of the specials of the day - Swordfish - which had capers and olives in a red tomato sauce. Delicious. The Caesar salad was good, and we totally enjoyed our evening. The live singer in the lounge was an added treat in the background. All in all our visit to Casanova was very enjoyable and made for a memorable Anniversary celebration. We are local residents who definitley plan to return.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/9/2012The food and service were exceptional! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- A Gem of a RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012The food was excellent and so was the service! I will recommend this place to all my friends!Special Features:
- I always like this place -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012I always like this place - have been eating there since it was Bellini's in Dunedin. The service is good. The wine list is fun. The food is very good - they can do veal well. And they can also do light pasta dishes very well - I got one that had asparagus and crab meat with little tomatoes. Very good. I admit, it's been a little while since we've been, and the menu has changed. I don't remember what I used to order for dessert, but it wasn't on there. We got three different things among the four of us, and none of them were "good". They were ok. We each ate half of ours, but if I were to go again, I'd probably order another appetizer and not plan on getting dessert. The meal itself was as it always is - very very good.Special Features:
- Excellent service by AldoFrankSDined on 5/5/2012Excellent service by Aldo complimented by the excellent food and wine.Special Features:
- We walked into an empty restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2012We walked into an empty restaurant and were asked if we had a reservation, which we did. We were then asked to go to the bar while she, the hostess, got our table ready. All tables were already to go. This started out the evening on a bad note. Don't force someone to go to the bar so you can run up your bar business. When I told her we would just wait, we were seated immediately. She did this to everyone who walked in, and there weren't that many. Totally rude and uncalled for. I would not go back for this reason alone no matter what the food, service or atmosphere where!
- We throughly enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2012We throughly enjoyed our dinner at Casanova's. The food was memorable, the service professional and the atmosphere top shelf. Each dish was artistically prepared and delicious. Also, they have entertainment starting at 7:30pm Wed- Sat.Special Features:
- The food here is outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2012The food here is outstanding, well above the quality of your normal Italian restaurant. Everything was fresh, perfectly cooked, and attractively plated with no extraneous frills.Special Features:
- Menu descriptions are inaccurate.PicciDined on 4/24/2012Menu descriptions are inaccurate. I ordered "salmone agli asparagi," which came without the "asparagi." After I complained, the server brought a side order of asparagus. My companion ordered the "risotto con asparagi e scampi," which consisted of a giant pile of risotto (cheap), a couple of cut-up asparagus stalks and only four medium-size shrimp, greatly over-priced at $25. Either the cook doesn't know the menu, or the restaurant is trying to cut food costs in the face of few customers (only four tables were occupied.)
- This was our first visit tobrichardsDined on 4/20/2012This was our first visit to Casanova. We had a hard time deciding what to order, as the menu is fairly extensive and everything sounded delicious. We will definitely return so we can experience more of the delectable offerings.Special Features:
- Jay boattoToddVIPDined on 4/11/2012They have the best entertainment. There performer was mesmerizing to say the least.Special Features:
- The food was cold and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/8/2012The food was cold and the steak did not come with potato or veggie like I had gotten in the past! The ravioli were flat(barely no filling) I won't be back!
- new and it showed the soupassuziqVIPDined on 3/23/2012new and it showed the soupas cold and noodles not cooked, took a long time to get our main course. Was not that busy but still took a long time to be served??? The live entertainment was good if you like opera, hard to hear during diner and conversation was difficult. Overpriced for pastaSpecial Features:
- Needs Improvment!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2012We had reservations for 5:00Pm.We were a party of 6 adults. We arrived early approx 4:30, the restaurant was not open. We were finally seated at 5:10PM. When our entrees arrived at 6:15PM, my wife's entree was missing. It did not arrive until the other 5 people had almost finished dinner.The staff, although friendly, did not really have their act together.Kitchen management appears to be a problem. Too long a wait between 1st & 2nd courses. It took over 2&1/2 hours to finish dinner.
- have been to Casanovas severalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2012have been to Casanovas several times and this was very good as always!Special Features:
- Restaurnat suffering fromBPPhillyVIPDined on 3/9/2012Restaurnat suffering from extensive road construction.Special Features:
- Atmosphere, music/singer wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012Atmosphere, music/singer was super as well as the service. Food wasn’t exceptional, veal was far from tender and salmon was all mushy, soup and salad were excellent.Special Features:
- Two thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012Love this place. This was my second trip I hope to make it back again soon. The food is fabulous and the live music is great.Special Features:
- I am not from Clearwater soNaplesFoodieDined on 2/25/2012I am not from Clearwater so I wasn't familiar with restaurants in the area. With so many touristy restaurants in the area, I was happy to find this place. Casanova gladly moved our reservations from 8pm to 7:30pm when I called earlier in the day. We got seated around 7:30 and our main course did not arrive until 9pm. While the restaurant was full on a Saturday night, I just don't understand what could have taken so long. Our mussels appetizer was very good (broth was rich and delicious), Caprese salad was ok (not special), and our entrees were all quite delicious. My husband ordered the gorgonzola filet and it was done perfectly. They were out of salmon at 7:45. They allow NO substitutions. Little things dampened the experience.Special Features:
- First time at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012First time at this restaurant based on the reviews here at OpenTable... The minestrone smelled nice but was completely bland. The entree had the fish and the scallop overcooked and bland. The scallop was like a hockey puck! My wife's gnocci dish was too salty for our taste, but it may be something that most Americans like (we don't use much salt in our cooking at home). The manager was nice enough not to charge for my entree though.Special Features:
- Overall a wonderful restaurant.BuzzDined on 2/18/2012Overall a wonderful restaurant. The singer in the bar area was outstanding.Special Features:
- The singer in the lounge thatDonnaVIPDined on 2/18/2012The singer in the lounge that night was just so talented and a very nice person on top of that! Some of the items on the menu were not available, but I enjoyed the things we ordered.Special Features:
- Great restaurant. OutstandingTFlynnDined on 2/14/2012Great restaurant. Outstanding food but slow service. It took over an hour for our entree to arrive.Special Features:
- We didn't think about theirkarenDined on 2/14/2012We didn't think about their having a "special menu" for Valentine's Day, so were at first disappointed. However, the food was outstanding, as always, and we left happy.Special Features:
- I've eaten at Casanova severalOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2012I've eaten at Casanova several times. When it first opened, the food was fantastic, and the next few times were equally as delicious. The few times I've been, it seems the quality of the food has been declining. My gnocchi with sausage ragout was very salty, and I tend to like salt in my food. My husband's dish was bland, the grouper tasted like it was made from frozen, and the sauce was very watery. We asked for a bottle of still water and received it already open, and when we drank it, it tasted distinctly of tap water. If you've had City of Clearwater tap water, then you know that flavor well. Overall, I was disappointed, and I'm not sure I'd want to go back. The food isn't what it used to be.
- We have dined at CasanovaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2012We have dined at Casanova numerous times and this time we left very diappointed. We had a 6:30 pm reservation on a Saturday night and if you can believe it they were out of veal. On a Saturday night! Our food was marginally OK. The food at other local Italian restaurants is much better. Local restaurants, Casa Ludivico located in Palm Harbor and Margianno's located in Tampa certainly have much better Italian food. Goodby Casanova. Won't see us anymore.Special Features:
- Good dinner, however, gettingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/4/2012Good dinner, however, getting into the front door was a challenge. They are doing construction in front of the restaurant and we missed the sign for the turn. Parked across in Walgreen's and had to walk across the construction. Very unusual, to say the least! All in all, a good dinner though. Caprese salad not much taste. I had Chicken Marsala. Also, not the usual preparation. More a creamy sauce than marsala, and chicken was on the bone. But tasty! Husband had Pappardelle Bolognese, he enjoyed it. Service was good.
- Exceeded My ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2012Upscale large Italian menu. Waiter was a seasoned pro ..very knowledgable about the menu and wine list. Ambience is formal, but not too stuffy. Food well prepared and tastey. The singer was good but we could have done without him.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2012The food was very good. The service was excellant. The entertainment was outstanding.We did not feel rushed at all, but it was a Wed and not busy.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was beautiful..foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The atmosphere was beautiful..food was very good..but waiter was NOT. It semed he spent more time with the "regulars" Who is saying we wouldnt be "the regulars" if our waiter was better? We loved the entertainment.
- The ambiance was good, theLiberaVIPDined on 12/31/2011The ambiance was good, the staff friendly, but our waitperson was either too attentive or not there when needed. The carpaccio appetizer: beef excellent, but just onion, capers, and cheese on the side, nothing special. Clams in wine sauce ok but a bit salty. Pasta course: horrible. The pasta was done well, but the bolognese sauce had little flavor and huge chunks of plain hamburger meat. The tomato sauce tasted like Campbell's soup with whole stalks of basil thrown in. Rack of lamb entree; lot's of it, but not very good. This is definitely a place that rates quantity over quality; we will not return.
- We arrived about an hour early,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2011We arrived about an hour early, and were told by the lady running the hostess desk that our table was not ready yet. That seemed a little odd, because half the tables were empty. We went to the bar and had a glass of wine, and about a half an hour later, she told us our table was ready. It seems they only had one waiter working since it was a Tuesday night (slow). The waiter was pretty busy trying to take care of about 6 other tables, so the service was pretty slow. Once the food arrived, it was very good. I think this restaurant is probably better on a weekend, when they have more staff on hand, so we may dine there again at a date in the future. The food was very good and fresh made. The restaurant is brand new, but not very quietSpecial Features:
- Casanova - Nice find in ClearwaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2011Moderately priced Italian restaurant with a wonderful tenor singing Italian songs and arias.(Singer is there Wed-Sat) Food is excellent, we tried the eggplant rollatini for an appetizer highly recommend it. We also had the veal parmesean, and seafood pasta both very good. For dessert, we split a hazelnut gelato which was big enough to feed the whole restaurant. The wine list had some decent picks but was not especially exciting. Only problem was parking. The parking lot is too small and the valets (there are supposed to be valets) were nowhere to be found. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Loved the food and atmosphere.DinerVIPDined on 12/3/2011Loved the food and atmosphere. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was delicious. I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/30/2011The food was delicious. I'm glad we stayed for that. We were just about on our way out after waiting 15 minutes for our drink order to be taken.Special Features:
- Too much for too littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2011We were really looking forward to our dinner at this restaurant. We inquired about bringing our own wine ahead of time and compared the corking cost of $15 to the cost of purchase so we brought our own. A bit steep for opening a bottle of our wine, but they put it on ice too....BUT they also included that in the tax and tip..not good. Our appetizer was wonderful, a polenta dish, very tasty...but it went downhill from there. Caesar salad...just salad with tasted like store bought dressing...not expecting that at an Italian Restaurant. Then the risotto was way overcooked, so the shrimp was also..like paste...they took it back and we reordered a lobster and shrimp dish...where's the lobster??...also the pasta was storebought. Disappointing
- Great Holiday MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2011My wife and I were truly delighted with the attentive, friendly service - we felt like familty! And the traditional Thanksgiving meal was beyond our expectations, with everything prepared and seasoned pertectly. The only small disappointment was that the desserts did not measure up to the quality of the rest of the meal. Nevertheless, we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and will certainly vidsit again if in the area.Special Features: