Casanova Italian Restaurant
855 South Broadway
Lexington, KY 40504Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casanova Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casanovaky.com/
- Phone: 8593093313
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am to 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Leonardo Capezzuto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Casanova Italian Restaurant
Casanova Italian Restaurant serves up Lexington's finest Italian fare with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Casanova Italian Restaurant, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We serve only the finest meats and seafood, freshest vegetables, and breads that are baked fresh daily. Our award winning menu and attention to detail create a truly enjoyable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casanova Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- 2nd visit -- great foodRFO2Dined on 7/27/2013We ate here about a year ago. Food was great again. Dishes seem to be more traditional (Italian) than innovative, but very well prepared. Wine list a little sparse -- they are anticipating a move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was terrible. OverpricedmedboyILVIPDined on 7/24/2013This place was terrible. Overpriced food. Slow service. Ambiance looked extremely dated. Facade of the restaurant and parking lot look very unkempt. I heard this place closed down soon after we dined here....not surprised one bit! I would never return here. I only picked this place because I had a restaurant.com certificate.
- Great serviceTaraDined on 6/16/2013Great service made the meal. Tirmasu is pre made but great, we ate every bite. The owner recommended a couple of wines by the glass to match our meal which added to the experience. The decor matches the elegance of the old Coach House Lexington staple. The place needs more marketing but it's highly recommended. It's near downtown with easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2013Our last visit will be just that - the last time. Four of us were unhappy with our entrees - the gnocchi was so buried in cheese/sauce that you had to dig through it to find the gnocchi - leaving an unappetizing hunk of cheese in the bottom of the dish. The lobster ravioli was covered with so much thick alfredo type sauce that you had to dig through again to find the ravioli. The one bright spot was the chicken parmesan. My daughter raved about it, and the spaghetti that accompanied it was good too. Unfortunately the overall quality of the food wasn't good enough to eat there for a special occasion again.Special Features:
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2013Pretty good Italian. My wife's pesto gnochi was awesome. My lasagna bolganese was a little over cooked. The eggplant Parmesan was great. Marinara is so fresh. Bread homemade and crunchy crusty soft inside. Tiramisu was to die for!Special Features:
- Another great experienceTomCanaryVIPDined on 5/25/2013Casanova never disappoints. We took guests from New York and they were amazes at the fare. The Lobster Ravioli is a must. The service was very efficient and friendly with great choices on wine and the menu. We will be ack again ... Soon!Special Features:
- Go elsewhere!!!OtodocVIPDined on 5/5/2013Located in a spot dozens of previous restaurants failed, pulling up on a Sunday night the vast parking lot was empty. Should have turned around & left then. At 6:30, 2 tables occupied, 2 waiters working. Menu is typical Southern Italian. Sauces mediocre, pasta soft & service out of touch with the concept of "service". We tried the spaghetti with clams, plenty of clams but a watery, flavorless white wine sauce and overcooked pasta (really?) The bowtie pasta with chicken in a pesto sauce was overwhelming, and the Cioppino adequate but not worthy of the $22 price. All ala carte (even a house salad was extra) and pricey for Lexington ($102 for 5 adults, 1 child, no appetizers, salads or desserts). Go elsewhere, his place won't last too long!
- We had a mixed experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/26/2013We had a mixed experience at Casanova. It is clear that the building was previously some kind of wedding or banquet facility, but they've done a pretty good job of making it comfortable inside. As for the meal itself, two of us enjoyed our entrees (spaghetti with white clam sauce and spaghetti with meatballs) and the other two found theirs inedible. One pasta that was supposed to come with pesto was served instead with a heavy, white sauce that my companion described as "wallpaper paste". And the lobster ravioli my other companion ordered came with the same sauce. He regrets not sending the ravioli back and asking that they come without sauce since the ravioli themselves were quite good. I would not return to Casanova.
- Outstanding food and veryScottVIPDined on 4/26/2013Outstanding food and very good service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- The pasta dishes were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2013The pasta dishes were very bland, sauced with what seemed to be a can of stewed tomatoes. The service was very poor. It took well over 15 minutes to receive a requested glass of wine. The bread sustained us.
- I think it needs better ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013I think it needs better ambiance. The outside needs sprucing up!. Food presentation needs improvement!
- Food itself is outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Food itself is outstanding, however if you are hungry when you get there you will be hungry when you leave as the portion sizes are very small. Service is exceptional.Special Features:
- The Best Italian in KY!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/16/2013Casanova is definitely one of Lexington's most prized gems! Each time my family and I go there for dinner, the food continues to exceed our expectations - which are now fairly high! We've been to Italy several times, and the meals that are prepared by the Italian and Sicilian family here are as close to being in Italy as nearly any big-city authentic Italian restaurant in the US. The service is great - the wait staff will remember you each time you arrive - and will prepare anything you'd like, whether it is on the menu or not. The pasta is all prepared by hand onsite, the breads and desserts are all prepared onsite, and the Filet w/ lobster ravioli is absolutely ALWAYS beyond amazing. Please go often!Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013We visited Casanova because we purchased a Groupon. We had never been before and were pleasantly surprised with our dinner there. The restaurant has a lovely designed interior and was spotless. Our waitress was delightful and gave us very good suggestions since it was our first visit there. We were pretty impressed with the food - especially the fillet. We went on a Monday night, fairly late, and it was fairly slow but our waitress told us they have a live jazz band there every Saturday night and it draws quite the crowd. She said reservations are recommended for Saturday night because of this but there is no extra cover charge for the live entertainment. Overall, we were really impressed with this restaurant and will be back.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good.Seviche4SevicheVIPDined on 4/13/2013The food was pretty good. The place ewas busy but not full. It took us 10 minutes to get menus because they did not have enough. Service was poor, the waitress kept apologising to us, but it never get better. We were there over two hours before we received our dinner. Restaurant has potential but we had a very bad experience.
- Menu has improved except ISusanVIPDined on 4/12/2013Menu has improved except I missed the Veal Piccata. Service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Very quiet little find thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2013Very quiet little find that we would definitely go to again. Extremely reasonable pricing and very good food. Shannon, our server, made the meal completely memorable. She has a passion for the food there and could answer any question in detail. When the wine we ordered was not available she offered two alternates and said not to worry if we didn't like them, that we could exchange for another (since we were not familiar with the options on the menu). Try the limoncello - owner came by and told us of his family's origins in the area in which it was made. While restaurant was not super busy, once it is discovered it will be for the great food and truly outstanding service!Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Food was good, service was good. Restaurant was just lacking in overall ambiance and scenery. I ordered the filet, cooked rare, and it was perfect. They are also very accommodating if you want a special order.
- Food was superb! I am ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Food was superb! I am Italian and I know when Italian is authentic. The service was prompt and friendly.The bread was fabulous.(wish I knew where it came from).The atmosphere was quiet and we enjoyed the music.Wish I knew about you before I booked for my daughters wedding reception.The room is perfect.We will be back. Thanks again for a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Food was underwhelmingkruschDined on 2/23/2013I was really looking forward to some amazing Italian food, but I was disappointed. While the service was very good, the food left a lot to be desired. The "ciopinno" wasn't a broth at all. It was seafood in tomato sauce. If they are planning on serving it like that it at least needs pasta or risottto. The other pasta dishes at the table (lobster ravioli and spaghetti and meatballs) were decent but not at the prices they charge. I could get the same dishes at a Macoroni Grill or somewhere similar. On a good note, the swordfish was seasoned and cooked to perfection. I live in Cincinnati and this would never pass for fine dining Italian here. The kitchen seriously needs to step up their game.
- The ambiance was dated andMrsColemanDined on 2/22/2013The ambiance was dated and the food was not very good although our server was great.
- My wife and I went to CasanovaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My wife and I went to Casanova Italian Restaurant on Valentine's Day. Overall we were very disappointed with our experience. It took about fifteen minutes for us to be greeted and have our drink orders taken. Our waitress was very friendly but clearly overwhelmed. It took us a total of 48 minutes from the minute we ordered our food before we received it. I got the impression that Casanova was extremely understaffed for the occasion. My wife ordered Fetuccine Alfredo w/Chicken and I ordered Basil Pesto Chicken. The flavor of the dishes was ok, however we hardly had any chicken on our dishes. I feel like the dishes are extremely overpriced for what you get. The only good thing was the romantic feel and the portion sizes.Special Features:
- Atmosphere only moderate,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Atmosphere only moderate, service slow and uninformed, food expensive and only ok,but would have been just as good at fast food like Fazoli's. No bread served(although I am thankful for the lack of extra calories), no salt and pepper on the table and still none when requested. Disappointingly, our least good dining experience in a town with only a few good restaurants.
- As authentic Italian as it gets!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013We knew the owner, Leo, was a great cook from our experiences at his downtown cafe (Leonardo's Cafe at the Central Public Library), so we had high expectations that were definitely met. The food was wonderful and the service great. Leo is from Milan, so the food is authentic Italian and definitely the best we've had this side of the Atlantic.Special Features:
- 1. Easy/convenient parking.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/21/20121. Easy/convenient parking. Easy handicap access. 2. Soft quiet environment for easy conversation. Open area good for groups. Niches and coves for private party. 3. Menu provides good variety. Filet w/lobster ravioli and sauce excellent. Pasta homemade with great flavorful sauces. Eggplant appetizer tasty, good as entree. Veal has been too thin and tough. Salmon hit or miss at times dry. Salads fresh & tasty. Will do half portions. Tiramisu very nice! Wine selection provides several options in moderate price. Nice Italian wines. 4. Service - wait staff nice, knowledgable , and great suggestions for menu /wines. Slow from order to food , betw. courses, and to get bill paidSpecial Features:
- It was so quiet we didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012It was so quiet we didn't know they were open. Our server was great. Very attentive and accommodating. We just had some appetizers, but they were enjoyed by all. Very nice place as far as ambiance is concerned.
- What a fabulous meal! Attentivebrowneyedgirl32Dined on 11/2/2012What a fabulous meal! Attentive service...delicious food!Special Features:
- Where's the Flavor?BobbVIPDined on 10/27/2012Food was not flavorful, nor was there any aroma of food in the restaurant. The decor reminds of the 1970's.
- Food was delicious! WaitressM4SLEXDined on 10/19/2012Food was delicious! Waitress was very nice! My wife & I enjoyed our night out.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2012Apparently, they were not staffed appropriately for a Friday night. We waited OVER an hour for our food! The hostess, our waitress, and the manager came to our table several times telling us our food is almost ready, but that clearly was not the case. They did not offer an appetizer, deduction from our bill, nothing. When the food did arrive, I was expecting it to be amazing, which is the reason we did not get upset that it took so long. It was like something out of a Stouffers box. It was a horrible experience, and we will not be back or recommend this place to anyone. Sorry.
- Excellent food, generous portions,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Excellent food, generous portions, attentive service. A pleasure to dine in a room that uses space and decor to provide privacy rather than a blast of noise from overhead speakers. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good experience at CasanovaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012I had a wonderful experience at Casanova. Granted it was a little quieter than I am used to, but it was classy, and friendly. Thanks for a good experience!Special Features:
- Highly recommend for ItalianMichaelBVIPDined on 9/28/2012We had a group of 8 for dinner. The food was excellent, pasta freshly made, service friendly. The cheeses on the antipasto were exceptional.Special Features:
- Food was excellent as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Food was excellent as always. Only disappointment - they changed some recipes but not the menu so we were expecting the sciatelli (sp) con gamberi to have cherry tomatoes and light sauce but instead it had marinara. After an initial idsappointment, we found the marinara to be excellent. But they really need to inform the staff so they could have told us, then get those menues changed. Service was impeccable. Ceasar salad could have had a little more dressing on it, but it was very good and fresh.
- Great Food!!! Service good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Great Food!!! Service good. Place was clean. Table linens were fresh. Interior very dated, So what! I didn't come to look at the place(as long as it's clean) I came to eat, and left happy!!!Special Features:
- Food was Mediocre. ServiceLanceVIPDined on 8/18/2012Food was Mediocre. Service was quite poor. I ordered a glass of wine when my meal arrived and I did not receive my glass of wine until after I had completed my entire meal. It took the wait staff over 10 minutes to ask us what we wanted to drink after we arrived. Overall - a very poor experience.
- A delightful restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012A delightful restaurant with true italian specialties. The homemade pastas are wonderful with a large variety of choices available. Meat and entree selections were great. Most, if not all items, imported from Italy. The spumoni was the best ever eaten. Staff very accomodating and friendly. A place that we will return to again and again.Special Features:
- We made reservations earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012We made reservations early Sunday evening so we could attend church services later and were the only customers in the restaurant. Service was excellent and our server was a very pleasant young lady from Italy. The food was very good and we will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- We had an enjoyable meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012We had an enjoyable meal and the service was excellent. The meals are prepared fresh and were delicious. It is a quiet setting where you can talk and not be rushed. Desserts were fabulous.Special Features:
- From the outside, the buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012From the outside, the building is not very inviting - no windows, lots of barriers to access, entry into what feels like a closet. Our waitress was delightful, and the menu was broad and interesting. The quality was good, but not outstanding. The prices were surprisingly high for what we got. Overall it was a disappointment.