40 Brattle St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.casablanca-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6178760999
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm (September - May); Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Unspecified, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Camilo Diaz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available upon request.
- Special Events: Private events are welcomed at Casablanca with options including, but not limited to prix fixe menus as well as "a la carte" dining. Call for more information regarding your next private party.
- Cross Street: Church St.
- Public Transit: Harvard square T stop on the red line. Also all busses arriving at Harvard square.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Casablanca validates for discounted parking at both the Charles Hotel and the University Place Parking Garage. Street parking is also available.
A word from Casablanca
Casablanca offers award winning cuisine with an intriguing range of influences from the Mediterranean, North Africa, America and elsewhere. Located in Harvard square, this sophisticated restaurant is sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casablanca reviews from OpenTable diners
- This was their last nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2012This was their last night and they were really understaffed.
- Excellent experience and ourPamelaDined on 12/18/2012Excellent experience and our waitress was terrific!Special Features:
- Too sad to have a good time.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/8/2012So sad, but Casablanca is over. Saturday night? 8pm? Totally dead. Just close the place down already, it's too sad. Even the proseco was flat.
- Is one our favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Is one our favorite restaurants and always has been. Unfortunately, our understanding is that Casablanca will be closing at the end of the year. We will miss it.Special Features:
- I've loved this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012I've loved this restaurant for years! Always a pleasure to visit.Special Features:
- Will miss it! Definitely goneouttolunchVIPDined on 11/9/2012Will miss it! Definitely gone as of end of year per our charming and professional waitress.
- Our waitress was great suggestingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/2/2012Our waitress was great suggesting a combination of appetizers in lieu of entrees -- just the right amount of food. She also made a note to the kitchen on our order, of when we needed to leave to catch a show at the Regattabar.Special Features:
- nice ambience, rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2012Generally everything was okay, but the waitress was rude despite it being a REALLY quiet night for the restaurant (maybe she was in a bad mood because of that..)Special Features:
- Sari's Lamb: Enough Said.surfturf2Dined on 10/24/2012Sari's Lamb: Enough Said. Best lamb dish in the square.Special Features:
- Great tapas, tasty food, friendlyPatAVIPDined on 10/20/2012Great tapas, tasty food, friendly wait staff, able to accommodate large groupsSpecial Features:
- nice people, good food, reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012nice people, good food, reasonable pices considering the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Top NotchWantedToBeWowedVIPDined on 10/12/2012WOW. I can not believe I walked by this place so many times over the past 10+ years and never once went in. I finally went for dinner this past Saturday night and had the best meal I have had in a very long time. Before dinner we got a snack and a drink at a high top table by the bar. The service at the bar and at our table was perfect. Our waitresses were very attentive, friendly, and patient. The chickpea 'fries' (fritter like) were incredible, we loved the ricotta dumplings, the soup of the day was to die for, and the drinks were great. My friends got burgers and loved them too. I heard this place may be closing... I REALLY hope it stays open. It is truly a neighborhood gem that I wish I discovered soonerSpecial Features:
- I had the best restaurantqcyf00dieDined on 10/9/2012I had the best restaurant meal I have had in awhile, starting with the grilled escarole and culminating with the grilled grape and goat cheese flatbread - absolutely delicious! Thank you Casablanca!Special Features:
- This was my one and only timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2012This was my one and only time at Casablanca before its closing this past winter. Our server was very helpful explaining all the menu choices. Apparently the bar scene could be great but we didn't sit there. It's a shame this place was sold and had to close after so long in the area.
- Good food and friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012Good food and friendly service. The appetizers are not badly priced nor are a few main items. The majority though are not cheap.Special Features:
- I'm afraid that I was onceRinFDined on 9/29/2012I'm afraid that I was once again underwhelmed by Casablanca. The mixed drink I had, which was supposed to be a blend of gin, lemon, and prosecco, was so lemony that I could taste nothing else -- even Hendrick's Gin's unique flavor was completely smothered. In contrast my main course could have used some kind of pronounced flavor; the only vegetarian option, the stuffed eggplant was uninspiring and frankly, was ridiculously over-priced at $23 -- a half an eggplant with some greens and tomatoes on a small bed of quinoa was not much to justify such a cost. I hate to kick Casablanca when it's down to its last months of existence, but sadly I won't be mourning its passing.
- As usual everything was tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2012As usual everything was tasty. Ingredients were fresh and high quality. The lamb taco was over filled with lamb and delish as were the fried green tomatoes! We had the skirt steak served with ricotta dumplings and arugula with balsamic dressing...HEAVEN. I have been going to Casablanca for about 25 years...there is a reason...food, ambiance and service...is outstanding.Special Features:
- We visited Casablanca to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012We visited Casablanca to celebrate our son's 15th birthday. It was absolutely wonderful! So sad that they will be closing, as we would certainly come back. The food was amazing, clean crisp flavors with fresh ingredients. A group of professional musicians was dining behind us and they sang happy birthday to our son - an added bonus!Special Features:
- A sad last goodbyejnbcambridgeDined on 9/8/2012I've been to Casablanca more times than I can remember over the past two decades and have enjoyed my visits ever time. It's very sad that they will be closing at the end of the month.Special Features:
- We have enjoyed CasablancaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2012We have enjoyed Casablanca for more than 30 years and are terribly saddened that it is closing.
- We went because CasablancalinkruDined on 9/1/2012We went because Casablanca is closing and to say good by to a Harvard Sq institution. It is time for this one to pass. The eggplant entree was oily and the rest was nothing special. The service was almost rude.
- Great experience. After livingJackDined on 8/31/2012Great experience. After living here for 30 years this was my first visit. Too bad their closing. Food was wonderful, restaurant was comfortable and attractive. Good service. Don't miss it before it's gone!Special Features:
- So disappointed that CasablancaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2012So disappointed that Casablanca is closing. The food is just wonderful, service very friendly and decor delightfully quirky.Special Features:
- Excellent food, nice ambiance,FoodloverDined on 8/29/2012Excellent food, nice ambiance, we go there quite a lot, but during our last meal there (exceptionally) it took a long time before we got our main courses. This is a real Harvard Square gem that unfortunately will be closing at the end of September. A loss for Cambridge!Special Features:
- It was ok...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012It was ok. The food was tasty, but the presentation of the food was lacking. The drinks were strong but lacked flavor. The server was friendly but entirely spaced out; so she messed up a drink orders. The hostess could have helped the server, but was too off-standish to be helpful.
- It was all excellent. ThecrystalVIPDined on 8/21/2012It was all excellent. The food was outstanding. We were there for restaurant week, which made the bill very reasonable. It is a real shame it is closing....but it will be open until the end of september. I suggest you go!!!
- SO sorry to see this CambrudgeTiffVIPDined on 8/17/2012SO sorry to see this Cambrudge fixture closing. Went to the old Casablanca for years and loved the "new" location as well. Casablanca willbe missed!Special Features:
- Since Casablanca is, sadly;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012Since Casablanca is, sadly; closing, I won't choose the many special features it has! It's a real loss to the Cambridge restaurant scene.
- very good burgers and linguineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2012very good burgers and linguine w/clams; excellent service; fairly pedestrian ambiance but good place for reasonably good food at a reasonable price
- There is a dining sectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2012There is a dining section and the bar room. We were in the dining section. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- It was a very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012It was a very disappointing experience not even close to my expectations. Judging by it's name and the price I thought it would be a pretty nice restaurant but it was deceiving in every way,from the food the atmosphere and the service it was just terrible.The restaurant didn't even have ANY music and it was very dingy. I would never put my foot in that place again
- Menu had lots of new, interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Menu had lots of new, interesting choices. Especially good was the Morrocco Taco appetizer. Wonderful cocktails too. Casablanca has been around forever and it's too bad this gem is closing soon. Harvard Sq will not be the same without it.Special Features:
- Such a marelous place--a landmark--LloydVIPDined on 7/31/2012Such a marelous place--a landmark--and for so many years. It's really sad that it's closing.Special Features:
- Very good service, great burger,DCC52VIPDined on 7/31/2012Very good service, great burger, appetizer Meze plate is also excellent.Special Features:
- Hail and farewellLloydVIPDined on 7/22/2012Casablanca has been such a great place for so many years, it's heartbreaking that it's closing. The food and service are excellent. The atmosphere, with the great mural of Bogart and Bergman, is unique. It's the best restaurant in Harvard Square, and a landmark. It will be terribly missedSpecial Features:
- such a shame to be losingredwineVIPDined on 7/21/2012such a shame to be losing these guys from the square...Special Features:
- Casablanca will close at theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2012Casablanca will close at the end of August. But with the shrunken and limited menu they now have, it would probably be better for them to close already.
- Casablanca will be closingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012Casablanca will be closing soon, and I think the good servers have already moved on to other jobs. The service last Sunday night was horrible.
- We have enjoyed CasablancaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012We have enjoyed Casablanca for many years and regret that it is closing at the end of Aug.Special Features:
- We will miss this signatureOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2012We will miss this signature place with good memories Hopefully we will dine many more times before they close. Food is perfect and ambiance is perfect, thank you for the memoriesSpecial Features: