Casa Rustica Restaurant
1348 Hwy 105 South
Boone, NC 28607Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Rustica Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://casarustica1981.com/
- Phone: 8282625128x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerry Peralta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Casa Rustica has become a staple location in the High Country for rehearsal dinners and private parties. With four different rooms to choose from and each menu custom designed to suit your specifications you can"t go wrong at Casa Rustica.
- Private Party Contact: Rick Pedroni 8883387615
- Entertainment: Casa Rustica offers live music twice a week in season. Thursday night we feature live jazz with Todd Wright and Andy Page. Sunday nights bring the classical guitar sounds of Justin Butler. Come dine with us and enjoy the wonderful sounds these talented musicians have to offer.
A word from Casa Rustica Restaurant
Casa Rustica is Boone"s authentic Italian restaurant since 1981. We offer a wide selection of entrees including fresh pastas, chicken, veal, seafood and steaks. Our nightly specials complement our menu and our homemade desserts are not to be missed. Visit the La Bouca Lounge where the menu offers original sandwiches and flat-bread pizzas. Casa Rustica provides a cozy atmosphere in a log cabin setting. Come for romantic fireside dining or bring the whole family and enjoy our friendly and prompt service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Casa Rustica Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Boone ›
Casa Rustica Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (27)romantic (25)good for groups (23)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (13)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Above-average local restaurantGreenGuy5Dined on 8/27/2014This was our third visit. Service was excellent without being interfering. Ambiance is OK, but interior is dated and showing wear. The Chicken Marsalla was excellent with tender chicken and nicely flavored sauce, but the ample quantity of snow peas and mushrooms was too cool. We would recommend this entree very highly. The Mediterranean Chicken, one of 3 specials that evening, was bland because the lightly flavored sauce did not provide adequate character for the other mild flavored ingredients (marinated artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives and capers). It was served with an adequate amount of pasta (angel hair, my choice). The $2 higher cost than the Marsalla Chicken did not seem justified and we would not recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free Italian Rest.PicartistDined on 8/18/2014This is probably the best Italian restaurant in the Watauga/Avery County area. Great gluten free pasta.Special Features:
- Tired Interior, Excellent FoodJJSReviewsDined on 8/16/2014If you can overlook the tired decor, worn-out silverware, glass-top-over-tablecloth environment, the food is worth the visit. Husband had lasagne, I had veal saltimbocca -- both incredibly good. Salads were good, assortment of breads, nice wine list. We will return but will brace ourselves for a dull interior that badly needs updating.Special Features:
- paulaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Great foodTiger1958Dined on 8/12/2014Casa Rustica has great food and the service is really good. Although a bit pricey, their menu offers something for everyone. We like being able to make a reservation online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014The service at this location was good. Soup, Salad, and Dessert were good but the entree were a disappointment. The customers were mostly silver haired Florida crowd and from the volume of their conversation one can only assume they are use to bowling alley levels of noise. The location was decorated like something out of a western meets trailer park theme.
- Nice MealhpstinesDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I ate here on our last night in Boone, Nc. I would describe the experience with both the food and the ambience as average.
- dineallotDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten here for years. The food this year seems different.New management? New chef? The food was good and the service excellent. Waiter attentive,met our needs, did not rush us.Special Features:
- Off Night?foodfightDined on 7/24/2014I've been several times over the past few years and was expecting the same well-prepared Italian comfort food I'm used to. This time around the flavors were bland, food was slow and an antipasto plate with prosciutto came out with salami instead. I was hesitant to eat the veal I ordered as it looked...grey. The service here has always been adequate, but it was sloppy on our visit - a manager seated us without menus and it took two visits to the table for our server to notice, then a pasta order got mixed up, which they quickly corrected. The server did bring out new wine glasses when we changed bottles, proper service that I always appreciate. I will return to CR in hopes that we experienced an off night.Special Features:
- AdinaDined on 7/24/2014The ambiance in tge restaurant was nice. Our table was ready on arrival and the people were friendly,; the server was nice and took really good care of us but the entrées were a bit disappointing. The appetizers and the desserts were very nice though.
- before a concertbruceVIPDined on 7/24/2014the food is very good.the waiter helped get us out for a concert and was a great waiter we eat at this restaurant every year that we come to Boone NC bruce g Parkland floridaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Casa RusticaMoKlineDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I had a very nice evening out to hear live jazz provided by guitarist, Andy Page. We thoroughly enjoyed the music, food and the service at Casa Rustica. We look forward to dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watch your chargessheiderothDined on 7/22/2014I took my family of seven there last week, the food was excellant and I highly recommend Saltimbocca...it was by far our best dish of the evening. I got home to check my account and I was charged twice with two different amounts...Special Features:
- Good ItalianFancyDined on 7/19/2014Very good basic Italian food--pasta and entrees. I had chicken picatra and my friend had chicken Marsala, both served with a side of pasta. The favors are classic and delicious. Very casual, rustic decor, as the name implies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrowdedDianaDined on 7/18/2014The Friday night we went for dinner, the place was packed with two private parties. The food was excellent although a bit slow in coming. Jacob, our waiter did his best to attend us. I think the moral of the story is: during the high summer season, we locals would do well to go to Casa Rustica during the week.Special Features:
- Carolina BillHappyAnniversaryDined on 7/11/2014Restaurant served wonderful Italian dishes. Service was very good; waiter was attentive and very knowledgeable of menu selections.Special Features:
- SharonDined on 7/9/2014New waitress. She did ok, knew the menu & wine list. Needs to polish her serving skills (spilled several things).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!TriadDinerVIPDined on 7/9/2014Rick and his wife have carried on the tradition that makes Casa Rustica a go to place in Boone. You walk out knowing you got great food at a great value. You are treated like family there!Special Features:
- Great food!YumyumDined on 7/5/2014The food was very good, everyone at our table of 5 was happy. The menu is varied, appeals to many tastes. Excellent service!
- Fine Italian in family atmosphereoilmanrrDined on 7/5/2014One of our favorite spots in the High Country! Food is always top notch Italian. The atmosphere is energetic with diners of all ages. The attitude of the staff is efficient and very friendly, but another focus appears to be the desire to turn tables as quickly as possible. With this feeling and the family atmosphere, the fault is ours, and we will continue to dine at Café Rustica, but need to change our attitude that it is a quiet, romantic Italian spot.Special Features:
- RichardDickieDined on 7/5/2014You can depend on quality here, as the food is consistently good as well as the service. The chef creates some great off the menu specials, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014This restaurant is always reliable. High quality Italian food, one of the top 3-4 in the high country. It helps that they take reservations. While Bella's in Banner Elk is always good, you can't find a table during peak season. Service and food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubbaDined on 7/3/2014Our favorite! Consistently delicious menu with excellent selection of starters , entrees and deserts.Special Features:
- Overpriced and under deliveredjecbd43Dined on 6/28/2014This was my second time here. Service was extremely slow both times and both times had to ask for plates, bread, etc. Food is nothing special and very overpriced. Kids meals were also very high considering what they received. Would not waste my time here again.Special Features:
- Authentic and unique ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014Amazing! Great ambiance. Italian that is not normal and boring. Great gem in Boone! Fresh ingredients! All this in a log cabin!Special Features:
- Would returnAlexanderDined on 6/27/2014Dined there about 28 years ago on a date, since then we have married. We just celebrated our anniversary and went back to dine there again. We were pleased the first time with the food, service and atmosphere. Our recent visit was just as wonderful as our first, great food and great service. A local gem that everyone should visit. Thanks to the owner and staff that made us feel special.......Special Features:
- Vacation/Birthday Dinnermadukz101Dined on 6/27/2014My husband and I and another couple visited on our vacation to enjoy a birthday dinner for the other gentleman. Not knowing the area very well, we selected the restaurant at random and couldn't have been happier. Food and service were excellent and the atmosphere was lovely. I highly recommend this venue.Special Features:
- HCAHCAstaugDined on 6/25/2014Good overall expereince re service level and product quality. 33 years and consistency is still apparentSpecial Features:
- JerryMattDined on 6/25/2014too much fennel in the meatballs, a little over powering to MY taste. and I'm Italian and a restaurant owner retired Rose gravy was not in our family, but was delicious!, salad was not an Italian type. too small, serve in a nice wooden bowl, (larger) with more Italian greens. i.e. Romaine... desserts were to die for. would I come back? SURE I'll try other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Italian FoodAdrienneDined on 6/22/2014Our meal was delicious! Food was perfect, service was friendly and prompt. So glad we came back a second time and will make Casa Rustica a regular visit each time we are in Boone.Special Features:
- Good Good but Pasta LackingPicartistDined on 6/18/2014Normally have great gluten free pasta, not so hot the other night but I'll chalk that up to a bad night. Normally I love their Chicken Parm and pasta, gluten free. This is my favorite restaurant in Boone.Special Features:
- Fabulous as always!TxTumbleweedDined on 6/12/2014We had another lovely evening there and especially loved Todd Wright's music!Special Features:
- Sunday night dinnerjackycDined on 6/8/2014There were 4 of us for dinner on Sunday night and we were the first customers to arrive. By the time we left the place was full. Our meals were delicious, however we ordered dessert that was a big disapointment. Tieramissu,( don't know if that's the right spelling), was made with chocolate pudding. There is NOT supposed to be chocolate pudding in this normally delicate dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFredDined on 6/2/2014The special was salmon and it was the best I have ever eaten. The dessert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!MountainloverDined on 6/1/2014Casa Rustica is our favorite go to restaurant ! The food is consistently excellent and the staff is great. It's the first call we make when we arrive in the High Country!Special Features:
- ENJOYABLECoachzDined on 6/1/2014We met with old friends for 1sr rime in years and enjoyed the quietness provided on request. Would you please confirm what the cost of the specials for Sun. 5/31 Our table of 4, had 3 baked penne' and one baked salmon with rice. I did not receive a breakdown of the costs and since we ordered the specials did not see the price. Our bill was $97 and included one 7 layer chocolate dessert and 4 waters. I added an addition $22 tip to total $120 and later that night asked myself why three pasta dishes would be in excess of $20 each. Was the tip already included? Curious in South Carolina.Special Features:
- One of our FavoritesJaymeVIPDined on 5/31/2014We recently moved to the mountains (West Jefferson) and have been looking for occasional dining experiences that are comparable to what we have in Charlotte. Friends recommended Casa Rustica and now we've been twice. Very happy both times. Good meals, good bread and very reasonable prices. I've had veal francese both times and it's been outstanding, for $18.95. My husband had the veal marsala this time and it was unusually sweet - still tasty, but not your usual marsala. The service is very friendly, too, although it was rather slow this time (that was not the case on our first visit). The interior of the building is attractive - like a big log cabin. Strong recommendation.
- KatieCayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014I've been enjoying the good food, ambience and friendly service since I've had a seasonal home here these last seventeen years! The owners give personal service and add a touch of hospitality, even in busy times! If you go during the week you can sit at the bar or a table in that cozy area for a very quiet and romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MountainsncDined on 5/24/2014Enjoyed our dinner at Casa Rustica, as usual. The food always comes out hot and looks appealingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!PattyDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I love Italian food, so while in Boone, we Googled Italian restaurants. The reviews for Casa Rustica were all wonderful, so reservations made, off we go. We were seated (6pm) as soon as we arrived and were greeted immediately by our server. The service and food here are outstanding. We had pasta purses in Cajun sauce. We loved for $5 you can share an entrée, which comes with a little extra and an additional salad. Be sure to give this place a try....you won't be disappointed! Be sure to make a reservation though...the place is packed!Special Features: