Casa Rustica Restaurant
1348 Hwy 105 South
Boone, NC 28607Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Rustica Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://casarustica1981.com/
- Phone: 8282625128x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerry Peralta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Casa Rustica has become a staple location in the High Country for rehearsal dinners and private parties. With four different rooms to choose from and each menu custom designed to suit your specifications you can"t go wrong at Casa Rustica.
- Private Party Contact: Rick Pedroni 8883387615
- Entertainment: Casa Rustica offers live music twice a week in season. Thursday night we feature live jazz with Todd Wright and Andy Page. Sunday nights bring the classical guitar sounds of Justin Butler. Come dine with us and enjoy the wonderful sounds these talented musicians have to offer.
A word from Casa Rustica Restaurant
Casa Rustica is Boone"s authentic Italian restaurant since 1981. We offer a wide selection of entrees including fresh pastas, chicken, veal, seafood and steaks. Our nightly specials complement our menu and our homemade desserts are not to be missed. Visit the La Bouca Lounge where the menu offers original sandwiches and flat-bread pizzas. Casa Rustica provides a cozy atmosphere in a log cabin setting. Come for romantic fireside dining or bring the whole family and enjoy our friendly and prompt service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Casa Rustica Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Boone ›
Casa Rustica Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (35)romantic (29)good for groups (22)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome Serbice!24dinnerDined on 10/20/2014We arrived late with no reservations on a Saturday night! The greeter was very nice and recommended we go to the bar and wait for a seat. We waited about 5 minutes and then had a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My partner and I drove 1.5 hours after reading great reviews on this restaurant. I will say, it was well worth it. The setting was great, the service was great, and the food was amazing! I only wish we lived closer to experience this place more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian FoodCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 10/18/2014Recently we invited friends to dine with us at CR. Two of us ordered delicious lasagna with meat sauce. The sauce was sweet and tangy, and the cheese smelled and tasted one expects in an Italian eatery. Two of us ordered the veal piccata with sides of spinach risotto. Both diners who selected this entree said the veal was tender and flavored with capers and a wine sauce. The risotto was prepared well with a creamy texture that satisfied that need for a starch. Wines are well priced, and the house wines are pretty good. The bread with olive oil was warm and delicious. House salads were fresh and the dressings were all great. CR offers real Italian food at a good value. Reservations are a must during leaf season and App football.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocregoodeatsDined on 10/18/2014I don't understand the good ratings for this restaurant. It's expensive and the food is mediocre at best. Spend your $100 at Twigs in Blowing Rock and get a good meal. Olivia Garden has better food and that's not saying much. The veal piccata was bitter. The white wine must have been added at the last minute and not cooked down. The lasagna had almost no meat. Overall disappointing. I can't recommend this restaurant.
- cabinDined on 10/16/2014It is the best restaurant in Boone. Constantly consistent, food is delicious and wait staff very knowledgeable. Great place. Love it!Special Features:
- Ourr favorite placetravelerDined on 10/13/2014Casa is our favorite place to eat. We lived on Boone for many years and became finds with the owners. Each October, we visit the High Country and make sure Casa Rustica is our first reservation. Never consider going to another restaurant for our a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!luv2eatoutDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed my daughter's birthday dinner here tremendously! Appreciated being able to make reservations, since so many restaurants in the area do not do that anymore. We were seated right on time and the service and food were great.Special Features:
- Great setting; great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We went to Casa Rustica for our son's 18th birthday after having been there once before and really enjoying it. The food is excellent and the service and atmosphere are nice without being too formal. We had the salmon and the filet specials, which were really delicious. Our younger son and a friend got the lasagne and enjoyed it. Our only complaint was that our older son's New York strip was not cooked as he had ordered it. Otherwise, it was a nice evening.Special Features:
- Good food at a great valueMrsGoldyDined on 10/10/2014Pizzas were interesting combinations with a small salad for only $8. Our daughters Mac and cheese was yummy! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Unfortunately , there was a big group downstairs,which was noisy. We had to sit in the loft. The food was good, but I would have preferred a quieter atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually good, but problems..DisappointedDined on 10/3/2014We dine here often, usually good service, great food. But when they are full , crowded, you may wind up in the attic room. Steep stairs, packed in, poor atmosphere. Staff has too many tables. Orders get mixed up, slow service, not the best experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Casa Rustica in Boone, NC is one of our favorite restaurants in the high country.Special Features:
- YummymissmariencDined on 9/27/2014My boyfriend & I went on a date here on a Saturday night, with reservations. The food was amazing & the proportions were plenty. The service was very kind & helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestTwinkDined on 9/27/2014Great food, great service. Many choices to create your own entree. Alittle noisy but it was a full house.Special Features:
- Good ItalianstevereviewDined on 9/25/2014Our in laws took is for dinner here, one of their favorite places. We went on a night where there was a large business meeting going on. The buffet tables for that group was right next to our table. The staff seemed more interested in serving them. It is usually much better. Check to see if there is a meeting going on before you book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, with Good FoodJaymeVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is our 3rd time at the restaurant and we've enjoyed it every time. It's an attractive place, with a large cabin feel and a big fireplace. The service is friendly and fairly prompt. The bread is exceptional. The salad, entree and wine list are only kinda-good, but overall a nice dining experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014we had wonderful; food. the waitress was fine. BUT we had a table of eight behind us who were extremely noisy to a degree that it made it difficult to have our own conversations. As far as I know no one asked them to be a little quieter . Everyone in the room was upset .It went on for the entire two hours we were thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodJanetDined on 9/12/2014Our meal at Casa Rustica was very good. The soup, Tomato Basil, was delicious. Our entrees, Chicken Francese and a seafood medley were also delicious. Andrew, our waiter, was friendly, helpful and attentive. We reserved an Open Table only a couple of hours before dinner, so that may be the reason we were seated in a booth in a back room by the back door with a glaring light and no ambience. The front dining room was more attractive, but I assume the empty tables were all reserved.Special Features:
- great restaurantCare2helpDined on 9/6/2014We come here to Boone/blowing rock every year for along and just discovered cafe rustica within the last 2-3years and absolutely love the food, veal marsala to die for, service always good. Prices very reasonable..keep up the good work..Special Features:
- the food is very good for the priceUncleRamseyDined on 9/4/2014the service was slow and sometimes it appeared they forgot us. the food needed better seasoning, the house dressing for the house dinner salad lacked acidity, the use of rice vinegar. would have hit the spot the duck legs confrit, cherry seasoning lacked the taste of cherriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above-average local restaurantGreenGuy5Dined on 8/27/2014This was our third visit. Service was excellent without being interfering. Ambiance is OK, but interior is dated and showing wear. The Chicken Marsalla was excellent with tender chicken and nicely flavored sauce, but the ample quantity of snow peas and mushrooms was too cool. We would recommend this entree very highly. The Mediterranean Chicken, one of 3 specials that evening, was bland because the lightly flavored sauce did not provide adequate character for the other mild flavored ingredients (marinated artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives and capers). It was served with an adequate amount of pasta (angel hair, my choice). The $2 higher cost than the Marsalla Chicken did not seem justified and we would not recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free Italian Rest.PicartistDined on 8/18/2014This is probably the best Italian restaurant in the Watauga/Avery County area. Great gluten free pasta.Special Features:
- Tired Interior, Excellent FoodJJSReviewsDined on 8/16/2014If you can overlook the tired decor, worn-out silverware, glass-top-over-tablecloth environment, the food is worth the visit. Husband had lasagne, I had veal saltimbocca -- both incredibly good. Salads were good, assortment of breads, nice wine list. We will return but will brace ourselves for a dull interior that badly needs updating.Special Features:
- paulaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Great foodTiger1958Dined on 8/12/2014Casa Rustica has great food and the service is really good. Although a bit pricey, their menu offers something for everyone. We like being able to make a reservation online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Rustica EnjoyableGibsonDined on 8/8/2014Been to this restaurant a couple of times. Although it is generally crowded and a little on the loud side, it is quaint and has a nice "rustic" atmosphere. We usually visit on our yearly trip to Blowing Rock, NC. I recommend the food. If you are a heavier person like myself, the booths are a tight fit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014The service at this location was good. Soup, Salad, and Dessert were good but the entree were a disappointment. The customers were mostly silver haired Florida crowd and from the volume of their conversation one can only assume they are use to bowling alley levels of noise. The location was decorated like something out of a western meets trailer park theme.
- Nice MealhpstinesDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I ate here on our last night in Boone, Nc. I would describe the experience with both the food and the ambience as average.
- dineallotDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten here for years. The food this year seems different.New management? New chef? The food was good and the service excellent. Waiter attentive,met our needs, did not rush us.Special Features:
- Off Night?foodfightDined on 7/24/2014I've been several times over the past few years and was expecting the same well-prepared Italian comfort food I'm used to. This time around the flavors were bland, food was slow and an antipasto plate with prosciutto came out with salami instead. I was hesitant to eat the veal I ordered as it looked...grey. The service here has always been adequate, but it was sloppy on our visit - a manager seated us without menus and it took two visits to the table for our server to notice, then a pasta order got mixed up, which they quickly corrected. The server did bring out new wine glasses when we changed bottles, proper service that I always appreciate. I will return to CR in hopes that we experienced an off night.Special Features:
- AdinaDined on 7/24/2014The ambiance in tge restaurant was nice. Our table was ready on arrival and the people were friendly,; the server was nice and took really good care of us but the entrées were a bit disappointing. The appetizers and the desserts were very nice though.
- before a concertbruceVIPDined on 7/24/2014the food is very good.the waiter helped get us out for a concert and was a great waiter we eat at this restaurant every year that we come to Boone NC bruce g Parkland floridaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Casa RusticaMoKlineDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I had a very nice evening out to hear live jazz provided by guitarist, Andy Page. We thoroughly enjoyed the music, food and the service at Casa Rustica. We look forward to dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watch your chargessheiderothDined on 7/22/2014I took my family of seven there last week, the food was excellant and I highly recommend Saltimbocca...it was by far our best dish of the evening. I got home to check my account and I was charged twice with two different amounts...Special Features:
- Good ItalianFancyDined on 7/19/2014Very good basic Italian food--pasta and entrees. I had chicken picatra and my friend had chicken Marsala, both served with a side of pasta. The favors are classic and delicious. Very casual, rustic decor, as the name implies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrowdedDianaDined on 7/18/2014The Friday night we went for dinner, the place was packed with two private parties. The food was excellent although a bit slow in coming. Jacob, our waiter did his best to attend us. I think the moral of the story is: during the high summer season, we locals would do well to go to Casa Rustica during the week.Special Features:
- Carolina BillHappyAnniversaryDined on 7/11/2014Restaurant served wonderful Italian dishes. Service was very good; waiter was attentive and very knowledgeable of menu selections.Special Features:
- SharonDined on 7/9/2014New waitress. She did ok, knew the menu & wine list. Needs to polish her serving skills (spilled several things).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!TriadDinerVIPDined on 7/9/2014Rick and his wife have carried on the tradition that makes Casa Rustica a go to place in Boone. You walk out knowing you got great food at a great value. You are treated like family there!Special Features:
- Great food!YumyumVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was very good, everyone at our table of 5 was happy. The menu is varied, appeals to many tastes. Excellent service!