Casa Nonna - Midtown
310 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Nonna - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casanonna.com/
- Phone: (212) 736-3000
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am – 2:30pm (Mon-Fri)
2:30pm – 5:30pm (Mon-Fri)
5:30pm – 10:00pm (Mon-Thu)
5:30pm – 10:30pm (Fri)
5:00pm – 10:30pm (Sat)
5:00pm – 9:30pm (Sun)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Genao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Contact email@example.com to book your private event today.
A word from Casa Nonna - Midtown
Casa Nonna's rustic Italian menu is a culmination of traditional Roman and Tuscan fare, with a focus on the freshest local and seasonal ingredients. Casa Nonna is warm and welcoming, authentic and thoroughly satisfying, with bold, pure flavors that are the hallmark of true Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casa Nonna - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (105)neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (72)special occasion (50)great for lunch (42)romantic (29)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Don't miss out on Casa Nonna!!RickyortegaDined on 11/21/2014Such a treasure to find! With delicious dishes. Great pre fixe that can't be beat! Exceptional service and great attention to detail regarding special requests made along with reservations. The Servers, Hostess and even Managers are hands on in your dining experiences from begin to end, especially when it's a special occasion. Great ambience and such an open spaced restaurant, you simply cannot go wrong with Casa Nonna. Book your table now and you'll see it for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special monthly price fix menuWendiGem55112Dined on 11/21/2014I highly recommend the regional Italian 4-course price fix meal! The four courses were each the perfect size. Each course was delicious with incredible be flavors. The veal in the first course was cooked as perfectly as the pork loin in the 3rd course. The pasta was to die for in a parmesan truffle cream sauce and the dessert was decadent but not heavy. All in all a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovedluciaDined on 11/18/2014Service is great,efficient and prompt. The pizza is very good. We shared one as an appetizer. Pasta is home made and delicious. The atmosphere is very comfortable and the space is large so nobody is sitting on top of any one else. The wine list is nicely put together with good value. We had a $50 bottle of super Tuscan which was great..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winner in Mid-townLarryDined on 11/15/2014Plan on at least $50 per head but not the bad for Mid-town Manhattan. Food was excellent, service was great and one of the more quiet places in Mid-town. Close to the theater district and very roomy. Everything from appetizers to dessert was A+, a definite return visit in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrincetonDined on 11/15/2014Good food in an uncrowded, unrushed setting. Great for pre or post theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too stuffy. Nice mix of classic italian +.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Open layout feels warm and inviting. Good mix of appetizer options and assortment of entree items. Started with fresh mozz and a caesar salad. Food came quickly and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We waited a long time for even our drinks and when we finally received our food even the pizza was cold The service on top of being cold was not exactly servicing What ever happened to what the customer wants the customer gets I brought a client to lunch and was extremely embarrassed
- a reason to head westbond1020VIPDined on 11/11/2014Further west than the busier restaurants of 7th Ave lies Casa Nonna. it is a spacious, high ceilinged place with a brick oven for their delicious pizzas. the tables are nicely spaced, and the waitpersons young, friendly and professional. they have a great selection of house wines at reasonable prices. i recommend their mini-carafes, just the right amount. the place will not win a Michelin star, but i have yet to have anything less than tasty, and that's good enough for me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014Service was especially excellent in that the dietary restrictions of one of my party were well understood and catered to most graciously. The food was very good. My wife and I each had two appetizers and a side and it turned out to be an excellent choice.Special Features:
- inadequate portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I thought it was overpriced for the food that was provided. The price was exorbitant for the scallop dish. I got three scallops and it was about $30 for the entree, which amounts to $10/scallop. . Outrageous. Portions were inadequate. Sorry but I would never recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014We dined there on a Friday night and mentioned that we had an 8:00 show. The waiter and kitchen were very accomodating. We had a party of five and all the courses and dishes were delicious except for one pasta dish which was way too al dente. Perhaps the kitchen was rushing for us but we didn't have time to send it back. This was our second time here and we we certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find - Casa NonnaScrunchyDined on 11/6/2014Was looking for a nice place in the neighborhood and near my friends hotel and came across a review for Casa Nonna. I was pleasantly surprised as I thought it was a small local restaurant and would be quiet. It was larger and more contemporary than I expected. It was lively and had a great pizza bar. Our waiter knew the menu and gave great guidance choosing our meal. Great time was had by allSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood GEM!happydinerVIPDined on 11/6/2014I picked this spot on a whim because of its proximity to Madison Square Garden, and what a terrific find Casa Nonna turned out to be. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious, and, as promised by the manager, we were finished (not rushed) through our meal in perfect time to still see our show at MSG. Try the meatball appetizers, the brown butter ravioli, and any of the steaks on the menu- you won't be disappointed. The restaurant decor is an awesome mix of modern and old-school art, and the space is huge so it's perfect for big groups, but not overwhelming for smaller parties. I will absolutely recommend Casa Nonna to anyone searching for a nice, very reasonably-priced restaurant in an otherwise mediocre food neighborhood.Special Features:
- The bread was so good.EWNYCDined on 11/6/2014Dinner before the Steevie Wonder concert and I was starving. The waiter brought out some bread. It was the best flat bread ever with olive oil,rosemary,and cheese. I would go back just for the bread. The seafood pasta dish was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OKbusinessdinerDined on 11/5/2014Dinner with clients. 7 oclock reservations. Table running a bit late. Went to bar. Was ignored by bar staff for over 10 minutes. Got seated without drink. Over 5 minut until acknowledged by waiter. 10 more minute wait for drink to be served. By around 8:15-8:30 the restaraunt thinned out and we finally got some service. Menu very pleasant. Cheese and Charcuterie plate very modest. Food tasty enough. Overall lacking service staff.
- Was expecting better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014Nice restaurant, good food but the service was lacking. No one took a drink order for us when we were seated, we had to order our drinks with our main course.I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexDined on 11/4/2014overall very good. food quality was really great. but the wine menu could be improved chianti reserva 55 a bottle was mediocre. took a bit too long to get main courses. still good impression overall !Special Features:
- Found by way of a reviewBCtouristDined on 11/1/2014We were staying close by (in town for NYC 2014 Marathon) and found Casa Nonna - Midtown thru a review. Food was excellent and service was great. great menu choices. A bit noisy on the night we were there. Thanks for the runner discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great ambiance.CanuckDined on 11/1/2014We had a great time. The food was delicious and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findsummitfaysDined on 10/31/2014This is a great place if you are going to the Garden. Large, clubby feel but quiet. Went for lunch and they had a varied menu. Service could not have been better. We were there on the early side so we had their full attention. I always struggle to find a spot that is not a steakhouse near the Garden and this more than fitts the bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Perfect before show Broadway show meal. Good location to theater district.Special Features:
- Perfect Restaurant for big groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Had a group dinner with a group of around 6 people. It's rare to find a spacious setting in NYC that will comfortable fit a big group like that without feeling like people are stepping all over you. Beautiful interior with tufted leather seats, art hung on the walls... the vibe was great. Didn't hurt that the food/wine/service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- ManagerniceplaceDined on 10/22/2014Lindsay has done an amazing job turning your restaurant around. I never knew her before Casa Nona so my feedback is sincere. In Lindsay, you have a tremendous manager and I think it's clear the restaurant hasn't been the same since she took over. She is amazing!Special Features:
- FranDined on 10/22/2014Wonderful for lunch. Beautiful restaurant. Loved everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EBLarryDined on 10/21/2014GOOD ITALIAN ON THE WEST SIDE FOR PRE OR POST THEATRE VISIT.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Tasting & PairingsFabfinderDined on 10/18/2014Let the folks in charge do the driving for you. The regional sampling for October was just wonderful, and the wines that were paired were so apropo!Special Features:
- Authentic! good findNaeemVIPDined on 10/18/2014after a long day of shopping this was a pace we found on open table -- very close to Macy's and it was delightful. great ambiance, good tasty food and fun staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My granddaughters and I really enjoyed our visit there. Everything was delicious. Would love to go back there again when I make it back to New York!Special Features:
- Great casual eveningmegauDined on 10/17/2014Looking for a relaxing evening? The place is great for casual drinks and food. The ambience is beautiful, especially among the perimeter couches.Special Features:
- karinedancerDined on 10/17/2014Casa Nonna is a great place to unwind with a great glass of pinot grigio and pasta after a hectic work week. Although it is a large restaurant, the large round tables against the wall give it a small restaurant cozy feeling, and it is now my favorite NYC Italian restaurant. KJ, AstoriaSpecial Features:
- AnExpatWifeVIPDined on 10/15/2014We have been to Casa Nonna 5 times in 4 weeks as it is close to our hotel. We have learnt that our first excellent experience was simply good luck. On subsequent visits we have had exceptionally slow service, been served cold pizza, burnt pizza and waited for 40 minutes for drinks. we won't bother coming back as there are too many places in the neighbourhood serving much better (and consistent) food. Its a shame as this is less than 3 mins from our hotel and we are staying in NYC for nearly 2 months.
- SJCADined on 10/15/2014The decor was perfect, and love the over-sized booth - we had plenty of room and could still hear each other talk... Food was delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian CuisinePHiddyDined on 10/15/2014I've eaten here twice, and highly recommend it for delicious food and a very pleasant and friendly staff. The focaccia they give every table as a pre-appetizer is some of the most addictive bread I've ever eaten. The taste of the food is authentically Italian, but presented in a modern, artisanal way. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great experienceAnonymousDined on 10/11/2014Pleasantly surprised at this wonderful dining experience steps away from our hotel. The prices were reasonable for Midtown Manhattan and the prix fixe four course meal was a great way to explore the region.Special Features:
- BellisimoVIPDined on 10/10/2014Excellent on all levels!! Highly recommend! This was my 2nd time here and both times food was incredible! Love the polenta! Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed ourselves and will certainly be returning. Good food, very reasonable NYC prices and very nice spacious decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/6/2014This could have been a great dining experience. Unfortunately, the food came cold and it took 90 minutes to get it. It was a full hour before we were served our appetizer and bread. The brussel sprouts came just in time for dessert!!!!
- Pre-Play Dinner GemMsljf67Dined on 10/4/2014Had an early dinner here before a play with a friend in from out if town. The recommendations were spot on from appetizer, entree, wine, and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseskwoodDined on 10/2/2014I didn't know what to expect from Casa Nonna. I was very pleasantly surprised with the entire experience and would come back again.Special Features:
- Well Done ItalianKengineerDined on 10/2/2014Looking for a restaurant near Madison Square Garden, I found Casa Nonna to be just right. Well staffed, brisk service, accommodating front-of-house managers. The food is creative and well prepared and the wine list has nice choices that are quite reasonable by NYC standards. We received very helpful menu guidance from our server and all the staff pitched in from time to time satisfying our modest but important requests during the meal. Our only knock was that an assistant pulled my wife's appetizer before she quite had finished it, when the main courses arrived more quickly than anticipated. Desserts were nicely prepped and finished with a creative touch. Overall, Casa Nonna contributed to a great NY experience.