Casa Nonna - Midtown
310 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Nonna - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casanonna.com/
- Phone: 2127363000x
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am – 2:30pm (Mon-Fri)
2:30pm – 5:30pm (Mon-Fri)
5:30pm – 10:00pm (Mon-Thu)
5:30pm – 10:30pm (Fri)
5:00pm – 10:30pm (Sat)
5:00pm – 9:30pm (Sun)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Genao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Contact email@example.com to book your private event today.
A word from Casa Nonna - Midtown
Casa Nonna's rustic Italian menu is a culmination of traditional Roman and Tuscan fare, with a focus on the freshest local and seasonal ingredients. Casa Nonna is warm and welcoming, authentic and thoroughly satisfying, with bold, pure flavors that are the hallmark of true Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casa Nonna - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (99)neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (74)special occasion (54)great for lunch (45)romantic (39)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (14)hot spot (12)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Enjoyed the Tasting & PairingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Let the folks in charge do the driving for you. The regional sampling for October was just wonderful, and the wines that were paired were so apropo!Special Features:
- Authentic! good findNaeemVIPDined on 10/18/2014after a long day of shopping this was a pace we found on open table -- very close to Macy's and it was delightful. great ambiance, good tasty food and fun staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My granddaughters and I really enjoyed our visit there. Everything was delicious. Would love to go back there again when I make it back to New York!Special Features:
- Great casual eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Looking for a relaxing evening? The place is great for casual drinks and food. The ambience is beautiful, especially among the perimeter couches.Special Features:
- karinedancerDined on 10/17/2014Casa Nonna is a great place to unwind with a great glass of pinot grigio and pasta after a hectic work week. Although it is a large restaurant, the large round tables against the wall give it a small restaurant cozy feeling, and it is now my favorite NYC Italian restaurant. KJ, AstoriaSpecial Features:
- AnExpatWifeVIPDined on 10/15/2014We have been to Casa Nonna 5 times in 4 weeks as it is close to our hotel. We have learnt that our first excellent experience was simply good luck. On subsequent visits we have had exceptionally slow service, been served cold pizza, burnt pizza and waited for 40 minutes for drinks. we won't bother coming back as there are too many places in the neighbourhood serving much better (and consistent) food. Its a shame as this is less than 3 mins from our hotel and we are staying in NYC for nearly 2 months.
- SJCADined on 10/15/2014The decor was perfect, and love the over-sized booth - we had plenty of room and could still hear each other talk... Food was delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian CuisinePHiddyDined on 10/15/2014I've eaten here twice, and highly recommend it for delicious food and a very pleasant and friendly staff. The focaccia they give every table as a pre-appetizer is some of the most addictive bread I've ever eaten. The taste of the food is authentically Italian, but presented in a modern, artisanal way. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great experienceAnonymousDined on 10/11/2014Pleasantly surprised at this wonderful dining experience steps away from our hotel. The prices were reasonable for Midtown Manhattan and the prix fixe four course meal was a great way to explore the region.Special Features:
- BellisimoVIPDined on 10/10/2014Excellent on all levels!! Highly recommend! This was my 2nd time here and both times food was incredible! Love the polenta! Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed ourselves and will certainly be returning. Good food, very reasonable NYC prices and very nice spacious decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/6/2014This could have been a great dining experience. Unfortunately, the food came cold and it took 90 minutes to get it. It was a full hour before we were served our appetizer and bread. The brussel sprouts came just in time for dessert!!!!
- Pre-Play Dinner GemMsljf67Dined on 10/4/2014Had an early dinner here before a play with a friend in from out if town. The recommendations were spot on from appetizer, entree, wine, and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseskwoodDined on 10/2/2014I didn't know what to expect from Casa Nonna. I was very pleasantly surprised with the entire experience and would come back again.Special Features:
- Well Done ItalianKengineerDined on 10/2/2014Looking for a restaurant near Madison Square Garden, I found Casa Nonna to be just right. Well staffed, brisk service, accommodating front-of-house managers. The food is creative and well prepared and the wine list has nice choices that are quite reasonable by NYC standards. We received very helpful menu guidance from our server and all the staff pitched in from time to time satisfying our modest but important requests during the meal. Our only knock was that an assistant pulled my wife's appetizer before she quite had finished it, when the main courses arrived more quickly than anticipated. Desserts were nicely prepped and finished with a creative touch. Overall, Casa Nonna contributed to a great NY experience.
- Really Good FooddesertscapesDined on 9/30/2014Nice atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone who really enjoys a good meal. Have had several main plates and appetizers, never a false note in the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in the Garment DistrictstevemangiaDined on 9/26/2014For two tourists from California, eating at Casa Nonna turned into a delightful dining experience. The room is spacious and provides a relaxed atmosphere. The service was very attentive and our waiter was helpful in choosing our dishes. The food was inventive and well prepared and goes way beyond the typical "pasta and red sauce" bill of fare. A small kvetch was the loud music and crowd noise leaking in from the bar, which adjoined our table. Not a big deal, really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itLoveditDined on 9/26/2014big, spacious seating; friendly and knowledgable service; great food and wineSpecial Features:
- Vegetarian OptionsaffordableCollectorVIPDined on 9/26/2014Make sure you ask if their vegetarian options contain any chicken broth. That was a new one for me.
- An Italian GemLuvGoodFoodDined on 9/26/2014Casa Nonna in Midtown Manhatten won't disappoint. The flavorful meal began with delicious flatbread that is quite filling and is "on the house." Our Antipasti were excellent: Peperone Dolce (fresh buffalo mozzerella with marinated sweet peppers) and Caesar salad. Our main dishes were delicious: Pansotti di Zucca (butternut squash ravioli with poppyseeds, brown butter, sage, and walnut pesto) and the fresh fish from the market. We were too full for any dessert. The manager and waiter were both very attentive and eager to please. The dining room has beautiful wooden walls and furniture, lovely art, and restaurant themed decorations throughout, such as a collection of copper pots and assorted cooking oil containers. The bar is separate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great deal to be had on Monday eveAnExpatWifeVIPDined on 9/22/2014We were here on a Monday evening at the suggestion of our hotel concierge. We were delighted to find all bottles of wine to be half price on Monday evening. We had calamari to start which was delicious, not chewy and lightly battered. It was a huge portion though, so we were glad we shared. We both had pizza one Parma and one Bosco. They took quite a while to arrive, but as we were enjoying a nice La Vigne Cabernet and people watching this wasn't a big problem for us. The kitchen is semi open and the pizza oven has a bar alongside with seats so you can watch the activities. On the first night of a six week stay in NYC I'm glad we found this early on and we will definitely be back to try the home made pastas.Special Features:
- Excellent!pastryartistaDined on 9/22/2014Always enjoyable. Whether a special occasion or just friends getting together to share a meal, it's a pleasure to dine at Casa Nonna. We love this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Systems Technologiesknickfan1Dined on 9/22/2014Very nice restaurant hidden by the location between 8th & 9th. I have worked in this area for 17 years and did not know it exist until Chase Manhattan staff took me there. I have been back twice already with different people who loved it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Loved the complimentary rosemary focaccia, the cheerful friendly waitstaff, and the special fennel/sausage/chick pea soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerNYC64DinningDined on 9/21/2014Casa Nonna did not disappoint! From the meatballs that melted in your mouth to the perfectly al dente pasta ragu, coupled with fresh cod and all topped off with the ricotta torta....it was perfection! And just the right amount of food to truly enjoy each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient, good foodJosyVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were going to a concert at Madison Square Garden & Casa Nonna was walking distance. The food was delicious, good wine, great service, pretty decor & ambience. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterWolfeDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food and service. Beautiful and interior with a lot of space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NumNum in Noman's landsnob1VIPDined on 9/19/2014En Route to Penn Station, there is no better place for a nice dinner. Daily fresh pasta and "themed" menu's make this a delight. Reasonably priced wine pairings are also very solid.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantFood4thoughtDined on 9/17/2014We were lookong for a nice restaurant near Penn Station and came upon Casa Nona. We were very impressed when we walked in. Great place, excellent service, and better yet, excellent food. Would definitely go back when in the area again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Hassle!BekaLouWhoDined on 9/14/2014Started with a drink at the bar. There was an unfamiliar gin- bartender gave a gracious taste, then made a great drink with it. Sent my drink to table with NO HASSLE. Split a salad- again, no hassle. Tasty comp bread stuffed with cheese- was heavenly. I had lamb- slightly overdone (for me- I like very rare). Waiter brought a ramekin of flake salt to accompany. Friend had gnocchi- tender and tasty. A little slow getting check, but altogether a very nice visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmosphereLillyDined on 9/13/2014I would highly recommend this place with variety of food that is very tasty and the atmosphere is very inviting and relaxing. Waiters could be more attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great spotBondtraderDined on 9/13/2014If you are attending a game or a concert at Madison Square Garden and looking for Italian food this is a great spot...great food..great ambiance .and great service...look forward to visiting the restaurant again...Special Features:
- Very good place to go Italianske9240Dined on 9/7/2014Very good food made with fresh ingredients and good explanations about the quality of the food. They work together as a team. Conveniently located in this area. Very clean inside the restaurant and restroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavagesDined on 8/28/2014Loved the menu. The service was quick and efficient. Good choice in the Times Square area-not too close , not too far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Find!aniteoutDined on 8/27/2014I was looking for a place to meet up with some friends for lunch in midtown west area and first found this on the open table website, but was hesitant until another friend confirmed this as a "cute" place for lunch. I'm glad we chose this place: Started with a delicious carrot soup of the day - outstanding! followed with a grilled Panini sandwich that was just right. All other guests (3) were very satisfied with their choices, the wait staff and the ambiance. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for business lunchdowntownvDined on 8/25/2014have had 2 business lunches here, good food, good service, portions are just the right size. a little on the pricey side for basic Italian but convenient to my office, big restaurant with plenty of seating.Special Features:
- Dinner for twofussy4VIPDined on 8/20/2014We were looking for a restaurant close to Penn station and Casa Nonna was a perfect fit. The tables are spaced far enough apart that you can have a conversation and not have to shout. Our waiter was excellent. he asked if we were going to a show, which we weren't so we would prefer not to be rushed. And we were not. They extended restaurant so we had the prixe fixed, $38 for 3 courses and it was perfect portions. We had salad to start , red snapper that was delicious and sliced steak cooked exactly how it was ordered. We had home made Tirramisu that was okay. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serve and food can't be beatSamCDined on 8/18/2014I work in the neighborhood and Casa Nonna is one of my go to spots. Everything from the delicious hot rosemary bread to the dessert is amazing. Great cocktails as well!! The manager Greg is very hospitable and welcoming. Staff is friendly and on top of service. Highly recommend. Something for everyone on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Glutten Free menubeablendsDined on 8/16/2014I just learned of this restaurant. What drew me was the glutten free menu. I have a son with Crohn's and this was such a great date night with him. The glutten free options were delicious. That's not easy to find when you dine out..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our experience at Casa Nonna was very good. This was not the first time I have eaten at this restaurant. We have always enjoyed our food, service and atmosphere. We look forward to dinning there in the very near future. Thanks for a lovely evening. Kate MullerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.