Casa Nonna - Midtown
310 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Nonna - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casanonna.com/
- Phone: 2127363000x
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am – 2:30pm (Mon-Fri)
2:30pm – 5:30pm (Mon-Fri)
5:30pm – 10:00pm (Mon-Thu)
5:30pm – 10:30pm (Fri)
5:00pm – 10:30pm (Sat)
5:00pm – 9:30pm (Sun)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Genao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Contact email@example.com to book your private event today.
A word from Casa Nonna - Midtown
Casa Nonna's rustic Italian menu is a culmination of traditional Roman and Tuscan fare, with a focus on the freshest local and seasonal ingredients. Casa Nonna is warm and welcoming, authentic and thoroughly satisfying, with bold, pure flavors that are the hallmark of true Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casa Nonna - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (96)neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (60)fit for foodies (60)great for lunch (46)romantic (44)notable wine list (26)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (13)great for brunch (10)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SavagesDined on 8/28/2014Loved the menu. The service was quick and efficient. Good choice in the Times Square area-not too close , not too far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Find!aniteoutDined on 8/27/2014I was looking for a place to meet up with some friends for lunch in midtown west area and first found this on the open table website, but was hesitant until another friend confirmed this as a "cute" place for lunch. I'm glad we chose this place: Started with a delicious carrot soup of the day - outstanding! followed with a grilled Panini sandwich that was just right. All other guests (3) were very satisfied with their choices, the wait staff and the ambiance. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for business lunchdowntownvDined on 8/25/2014have had 2 business lunches here, good food, good service, portions are just the right size. a little on the pricey side for basic Italian but convenient to my office, big restaurant with plenty of seating.Special Features:
- Dinner for twofussy4Dined on 8/20/2014We were looking for a restaurant close to Penn station and Casa Nonna was a perfect fit. The tables are spaced far enough apart that you can have a conversation and not have to shout. Our waiter was excellent. he asked if we were going to a show, which we weren't so we would prefer not to be rushed. And we were not. They extended restaurant so we had the prixe fixed, $38 for 3 courses and it was perfect portions. We had salad to start , red snapper that was delicious and sliced steak cooked exactly how it was ordered. We had home made Tirramisu that was okay. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serve and food can't be beatSamCDined on 8/18/2014I work in the neighborhood and Casa Nonna is one of my go to spots. Everything from the delicious hot rosemary bread to the dessert is amazing. Great cocktails as well!! The manager Greg is very hospitable and welcoming. Staff is friendly and on top of service. Highly recommend. Something for everyone on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Glutten Free menubeablendsDined on 8/16/2014I just learned of this restaurant. What drew me was the glutten free menu. I have a son with Crohn's and this was such a great date night with him. The glutten free options were delicious. That's not easy to find when you dine out..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our experience at Casa Nonna was very good. This was not the first time I have eaten at this restaurant. We have always enjoyed our food, service and atmosphere. We look forward to dinning there in the very near future. Thanks for a lovely evening. Kate MullerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, reasonably affordableBluestoneRegularDined on 8/15/2014As an out of town group of ladies staying in Midtown, Casa Nonna's was a great choice for Italian food. The ambiance could be considered casual romantic. The space was large and for a late Friday night, it wasn't too packed. Food tasted very fresh and pricing was very reasonable!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOsberryDined on 8/15/2014I ate here with my fiance during restaurant week. We were seated at one of two tables in a U-shaped booth and there was only about 18 inches separating us from another party. It was a bit awkward because it felt like the booth should have been reserved for one large party rather than two small ones. Overall, the food was fine, but not good enough to make us want to go back (the grilled sirloin was delicious, however). The service left something to be desired. Our waitress clearly wanted to be elsewhere, was very terse, and dressed sloppily. Our drinks (which were expensive relative to NYC) also took 25 minutes to arrive. All in all, the food was fine, atmosphere somewhat poor, and there are better places to spend your money.Special Features:
- One of Best New RestaurantsLorraineVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went for Restaurant Week with a business client - we both eat out a lot and were incredibly impressed with this place. An odd location, but worth the trip. Excellent food, service and decor. I can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- A must visitfoodee88Dined on 8/13/2014Went there for dinner during restaurant week to celebrate a friend's birthday. Hostess was very sweet and showed us to our table right away even though another person was running late (other restaurants make you wait at the bar until everyone's there). We weren't rushed and the staff was very attentive and professional. Food portion was rather small but AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS and filling!! Definitely worth it and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!CindyLeeDined on 8/13/2014We went for dinner during restaurant week and had a great meal. Salads were flavorful; steak was tender with delicious sauce and potato and veggie sides were great. We asked that no truffle oil be included as it was on the menu and we were readily accommodated. The tiramisu dessert was a large portion and very good. All in, a great dinner. Excellent, attentive service and we could actually hear one another speak. We were not rushed out and had a very enjoyable evening. Thank you Casa Nonna.Special Features:
- After theater MatineeYankeeDined on 8/13/2014Very convenient location with great food, service and ambience. It was a pleasant surprise in the theater district: slower paced and attentive to customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good!ninaciroDined on 8/13/2014I found this place while a was looking for a good spot in midtown to have a nice lunch with my hubby. Food is really good, well prepared, fresh ingredients and super tasty. The service was good and our waiter was very nice to us. Food came after 20min from our order i have to say it was very busy, that's always good, but if you are in a rush is not the right place. Kind of pricy, San Pellegrino bottle 7$ and Pastas are not less than 21$ each, but it is definitely in the range of NYC.. and considering that is serving you good food it is more than acceptable. I'll go back for sure!Special Features:
- FoodTown27Dined on 8/13/2014Pasta was tasty and not to heavy for lunch Gave heads up to waitstaff, that we had tickets to 2pm show. They said it was no problem Had to chase down for check and food came out slow. Gave no effort to move us along ened up being 10 minutes late to show.
- Great for Pre-Broadway ShowLunchMangiaMarkDined on 8/13/2014Casa Nonna is conveniently located near the theater district so it was a great choice for lunch before a mid-week Broadway matinee. Pasta and paninis were very good. Tiramisu was close to homemade as opposed to what most restaurants serve. Nice and comfortable decor with attentive service. I would definitely dine there again and consider it for dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies uniteFoodiefunDined on 8/12/2014Awesome food. Pleasant staff. Great expresso martiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great midtown findXploraDined on 8/12/2014Great atmosphere (nice open space, didn't feel cramped for our group of 6 on a weekday night) ; friendly service ; very tasty food. Will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is very attractive and conducive to couples or groups. We could of made a meal out of the bread which was more like a white pizza with parmigiana and a touch of ricotta. Absolutely delicious. I had the red snapper special which was very well prepared. The skin was nice and crispy and the fish was flavorful. The only reason I gave the restaurant 4 instead of 5 stars was because the side dish of chopped olives was too salty and I didn't think it really went with the dish. However the roasted fennel, tomatoes and pepper was delicious. I also did not care for the dessert, although my friends liked both the chocolate cake and tiramisu. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place before Broadway show!iluvagoodtimeDined on 8/8/2014Made a reservation and was seated immediately. The staff was welcoming and friendly. They took our drink order right away, but did not rush us to order our dinner. The food was delicious and Casa Nonna really was the perfect spot to eat before we saw a Broadway show. I would absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zazie86VIPDined on 8/7/2014Casa Nonna, on 38th Street, between 8th and 9th, was not how I imagined an Italian grandma’s house. The restaurant was huge, with comfortable booths, space between the booths, a high ceiling and a musical mix. A charming hostess greeted us, the service was pleasant and efficient. The 3-course lunch menu offered variety and flavor, but too much cream. I loved the Zuppa di Mais (warm corn soup). The flavor was subtle but so tasty. The Filetto di Maiale alla Griglia (grilled pork tenderloin) was a bit tough, and there wasn’t lots of it. The tiramisu (shaved chocolate with espresso crema) ended the meal with my favorite, chocolate. One day I must try my friend’s dessert, prosecco granita (summer melon, basil, lemon curd). Delizioso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Casa Nonna has become our first choice for a monthly get together. The food is always excellent as is the service. The pasta is never overcooked, everything arrives at the same time and the presentation is lovely. Its location near Penn Station and Port Authority is very convenient. The only negative is that the tables are close together and you can easily become part of someone else's conversation. Of course sometimes that can actually be a positive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like Mama - But very goodTouchofSheriDined on 8/6/2014I enjoy Italian food which is lucky since that is my culture and it has been prepared for me my entire life. Casa Nona does not offer the standards in a standard way, which is comforting and brilliant. They offer things you think you know ... like meatballs, but you find when they arrive they are truly a signature dish. Not Grandmas, in some ways much better, because you don't take them for granted. In Italy, I've had many delicious fish dishes. Casa Nona brings the Italian coastline to their restaurant. My guest had Branino that was radient. The restaurant is very spacious but feels intimate. There is a beautiful banquet room right on the main floor. The bar is off the entrance and the dining guests are not exposed to bar talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real goodveggienorbVIPDined on 8/5/2014Casa Nonna is not to be missed, food is delicious, Service is super, Price is just right. Will surely return, thoroughly enjoyed my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 8/5/2014Went here for Restaurant Week dinner. I had the salmon crudo, the sirloin entree and the tiramisu. All were very good. The focaccia was tasty, as was the quinoa side dish. Service was friendly but slow, although some people would appreciate not feeling rushed thru the meal. The place was nice and spacious. It's a pleasant surprise in an area with not a lot of good dining choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findClarissaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Had lunch because we really didn't know any other restaurants right there. Loved our meal. French bistro with fresh, well made Lunch. Modestly priced and the waitress was wonderful, very accommodating. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food...ignored serviceMixedReactionVIPDined on 8/4/2014Fresh, creative, amazing food. Beautiful atmosphere as well. However our server took a very long time to ask for our drink order and then our food order. She also forgot to bring several items we ordered. It was more than 90 minutes before our dinner was served. Perhaps it is worth another try since the food was delicious.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Nothing totally offensive, but I probably wouldn't go backSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week FindNYCfoodieDined on 8/3/2014So happy to have chosen Casa Nonna for a post-matinee dinner. Restaurant Week menu had great choices and everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Really enjoyed our meal. Food was delicious but very rich. Waiter was superb -- fun, friendly, and accommodating. Would go back!Special Features:
- Affordable and comfortablePhilip002Dined on 8/1/2014Dinner for seven was accommodated with no fuss when the party arrived in dribs and drabs. Service was good. Food was good albeit unadventurous.
- Restaurant week amazingpedroVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is not your ordinary skimpy meal that you get for Pre Fixe meal. Their Pre-Fixe menu was comparable to their dinner menu. Place gets very crowded after certain time so try to get reservations or be prepared to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch HitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We had a great business lunch. I recommended and arranged the venue after viewing Restaurant Week options in Midtown area. All our specifications for a location away from high traffic areas were met. The food was great. Colleagues kept saying...great pic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Had a wonderful night out with my friends. I loved the ambiance of the restaurant and thought the food selection was great. Aside from being delicious the food was reasonable priced. We sat at a large round table which had a lazy Susan and that made it easy to share our plates with each other. Our waitress was friendly and very helpful.Special Features:
- Food was good, service was ok.LivetoeatDined on 7/29/2014Went to Casa Nonna during restaurant week for a coworkers birthday. Our waitress seemed annoyed to have to deal with our table of 9, and after she took our order we didn't see her again until she dropped off the dessert menu. She never came over to ask how out meal was, never even apologized that we waited almost an hour for our entrees. No one even asked whose birthday it was so she never got a candle or anything.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried Lunch during Restaurant WeekKateDined on 7/29/2014The food was not overly creative but enough to satisfy the looks and taste. My friend's pork was done just right, medium and my fish was crispy outside and melty inside, really perfect. Tiramisu was not too sweet, just right with chocolate bitterness with rich flavor. There were several servers checking how things were, pouring more water in glasses, very attentive and friendly. Liked the roomy entrance area and between tables, fit for group lunch. Enough light to enjoy the food, the decoration on walls and cabinets, very relaxing atomosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not anything to write home aboutWorthcheckingoutDined on 7/25/2014My boyfriend and I went there for restaurant week. We were told we were too early for our reservation and we could wait at the bar. Fine, we each ordered a drink. My drink was not worth the $15 and his was mediocre. We also had to wait a long time to be waited on at the bar. Still we pressed on, and went to the dining area. Once seated it took 15 minutes for us to even get menus and another 15 to have our order taken. They might've been short staffed although the restaurant did not seem busy. Once our waiter clocked in everything went smoothly. Overall the portions were small, food decent. We would not be going back however because it's not worth the price even with the pri-fixe.
- Restaurant weekswirlyDined on 7/23/2014Came here for restaurant week as a party of 6. The lady who is in charge of seatings by the door was full of energy and made us feel very welcomed. Our waitress and waiter was very attentive even when it was busy. Water was constantly being refilled. Waiter could have been more polite when putting our dishes down instead of slamming it down infront of us. Overall, ambience was lively and service was exceptional compared to other places during restaurant week. On top of that the food was delicious and plated really nicely. Would absolutely come back here on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemThomgurlDined on 7/23/2014I discovered Casa Nonna for restaurant week, but ordered dinner from the regular menu, since the food was reasonably priced. I had the buffalo cheese with marinated red pepper for an appetizer, the frutti di mare for my entree, pistachio & chocolate gelato for dessert & a Nonna-jito (mojito). It was a very enjoyable meal, everything was excellent the food, service and ambience. I will definitely be back again to Casa Nonna for a home style Italian dinner that doesn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and delicious Italian cuisineterichDined on 7/23/2014This is our favorite midtown restaurant. Food is fresh and delicious. The homemade gnocchi is the best I have had this side of the Atlantic. During restaurant week had skate that was cooked perfectly. The citrus sorbet with melon was out of this world and I will order it next time I eat there if it is on the menu. Love the fact the food is local and seasonal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.