Casa Moreno Mexican Grill - Claremont
101 North Indian Hill Blvd. Suite C2-103
Claremont, CA 91711Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Casa Moreno Mexican Grill - Claremont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casamorenogrill.com/
- Phone: (909) 447-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout
- Entertainment: November - April, Live Mariachi Friday nights. May- October, Friday night concerts in the patio
A word from Casa Moreno Mexican Grill - Claremont
Fine and authentic Mexican cuisine. Enjoy delicious family recipes, full bar services, our Casa Moreno Margarita is everyone!s favorite choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casa Moreno Mexican Grill - Claremont reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (4)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Love this placeBryanDined on 11/7/2014Great food, service, atmosphere, and margaritas!! Our Favorite restaurant in Claremont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delisicious and fantasticPatitoDined on 10/25/2014At restaurants Mexican food delisicious and the friendly atmosphere I like allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really tasty food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The food was very tasty and the service was very good, friendly, and efficient. We wanted to go back again the next day for dinner (we were staying at a hotel in Claremont village). However, unfortunately they were closed for Labor Day--Sunday and Monday. Oh, well, we'll go there next time. Really tasty food, fresh, and well-presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Casa Moreno Mexican Grill - Claremont reviews archive.
- Birthday hangoutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014The server brought our friend a complimentary flan even before we asked. Love that thoughtfulness and intuition for our birthday girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Mexican dishes!LoutheWagyuManDined on 5/24/2014Casa Moreno never misses a beat when serving up their delicious enchiladas, you can't go wrong with either red or the green and the Mole Pueblano is straight from grandma's kitchen. We introduced a few friends to Casa Moreno and now they are hooked. The experience was great and the food was excellent, a BIG thanks to all the staff.Special Features:
- ExperienceLuvmexfoodDined on 5/20/2014The food was good however the service was slow and one of the food orders was wrong. Service could be more friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantJJEatsEverywhereDined on 5/17/2014Casa Moreno provided very good food and friendly service at a reasonable cost. We sat outside which was very nice for us due to the activity associated with the movie theater and other restaurants in immediate area. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceAfoodieDined on 5/16/2014We were very fortunate to nab a patio table as this was not guaranteed for a Friday night reservation. I wish I remembered our servers name. He was very considerate in asking if my date and I wanted to enjoy our drinks and the band before ordering even though this was a busy Friday night with a band on the plaza. There was no rushing us and no hurry in clearing the table and bringing our check - just the way it should be. Our food was very good. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantTGIFDined on 5/16/2014The service was excellent. Food was great. Drinks were really good. Staff very attentive & accommodating. Would definitely come back again. Loved the Friday night music after dinner in the courtyard.Special Features:
- Great food here72of500VIPDined on 5/13/2014We have had great food every time we have dined here. Ceviche, burrito and the house specialties are all greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco de Mayo72of500VIPDined on 5/5/2014Great meal with ceviche, soup and mole pablano chalupaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserved onlinetonySRT8VIPDined on 4/25/2014Even though we had a reservation, we were told that they needed to put us at the end of the wait list. Don't count on the reservation getting you that table when you arrive
- First TimerKarenatorVIPDined on 4/13/2014I came here on a friend's recommendation, and was glad I came. The food was plentiful and very tasty. The waitress was very accommodating to my friend who couldn't have any spices and even brought her samples of the sauces to try. We would certainly go there again. My only caution to other first-timers is that you cannot see the restaurant from the street! I drove around the block several times, and finally parked and asked some folks if they knew where the restaurant was and fortunately they did.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Hand Crafted MexicangpkidDined on 3/21/2014Casa Moreno serves some of the best Mexican food in the Inland Empire. Located in Claremont, home to the Claremont Colleges, Casa Moreno draws a sophisticated mix of locals and the college crowd all of whom are united in their love of homemade, authentic Mexican food crafted with care and served with attention to detail. The roasted tomatillo salsa starts the meal off with promises of great things to come. Some personal favorites include Tres Amigos Tacos, Fajitas, and Carnitas. Not to be missed is the Mole Poblano. Treat yourself and your friends just once and you will be sure to come back. If you plan on weekend dining, book early in the week. Open Table made that a snap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Atmosphere,OK Servicejimbo20000Dined on 3/15/2014Back again at this wonderful Claremont dining venue. As usual, excellent food and beverages. Service continues to be "OK." The wait staff is just a bit slow, and slightly less than enthusiastic about their duties. With some good training, this would be an absolutely topnotch place!Special Features:
- Ceviche, please...!!72of500VIPDined on 3/1/2014My girlfriend loves fish tacos and orders them wherever we go. She really liked the fish and flavor of the tacos at Casa Moreno. The plate included rice and beans that were very good as well. A very nice dish. I love the ceviche here and I feel the flavor and portion served makes this the best around. It is very good and you get a lot! I have been to a few places at the beach where the ceviche might be as good but you pay more for half as much. A couple well made margaritas, some decent warm chips with a nice house made salsa that is on the spicy side(which I like) and the evening was perfect.Special Features:
- Casa Moreno is great!MichaelDined on 2/14/2014We have always enjoyed the food and service at Casa Moreno. It has become our favorite Mexican restaurant in the area. We have always gone to the Covina location but, on Valentine's day, we decided to try the Claremont location. While the food and service were as good as the Covina location, the ambiance was completely different. We found the restaurant a bit noisy and not as "cozy" as Covina. The old town feel of the Covina location is what we enjoy. But, ambience aside, the food and service at the Claremont location is on par with Covina. You could not go wrong eating at either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Mexican from Pueblajimbo20000Dined on 2/14/2014Great Mexican spot in the heart of Claremont. Features Puebla style food from scratch. Meals are outstanding, and the outdoor dining among the fire pits is one of the best outdoor experiences in the area. The service on our last two visits was efficient, but not particularly enthusiastic. We typically split a large meal, and this may have been off-putting to the server, though we tip very well to make up for the smaller food order. An assistant server literally dropped the salad in the middle of the table with no extra plate (though we had requested one). I will give credit for him placing an extra fork on the plate. Some restaurants don't much like catering to folks who have to split meals - this appears to be one of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good72of500VIPDined on 1/31/2014The ceviche is always fantastic. We also enjoyed soup and fish tacos. We always enjoy our meal at Casa MorenoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mexican food!BonVivantDined on 1/17/2014The food is already fresh, served hot, tasty and the portions are generous! We really love this place. The fish tacos are amazing and they are huge - just 2 tacos will fill you up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find this placeDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 12/2/2013I had a lot of trouble finding this place, even by using GPS. I had to call twice for directions. It's located off an alley not visible from the street. Anyhow, the service was really good, but then it should have been since I was the only customer (they had just opened). The food was hot and spicy just like I like, but it tasted so much like so many other places I have eaten that there was nothing stand-out about it. The chips and salsa were a good starter. Overall it was a decent meal at a reasonable price.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/12/2013The Alambre was delicioso! The Chipotle salsa is not only just the right anount of spicy but so fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ceviche in the area72of500VIPDined on 11/10/2013I often come here based on the simple desire for great ceviche... It's that good... All the entrees are very tasty and use high quality ingredients.Special Features:
- Love Friday night patio dining72of500VIPDined on 10/25/2013Great food, great atmosphere. Friday night are a real treat on the patio at Casa Moreno. Great music food and service are a winning combination. Chili verde burrito, ceviche and margaritas were all excellent. Can't wait for next Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Moreno CovinasupermairoDined on 10/11/2013Great authentic mexican food. We booked Claremont but meant to go to Covina. Eitherway, the food and service were excellant. Will definately be back for more...will plan a office dinner for the Holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group DinnerRebelfemmeDined on 9/26/2013We had a group of 7 and everything went beautifully. Sometimes with a larger group service is slow or mixed up. That was not the case for us.Special Features:
- Great suggestion72of500VIPDined on 8/12/2013Jason recommended the Mixiotes and it was fantastic. Also had ceviche that can't be beat.Special Features:
- Friendly service...72of500VIPDined on 8/10/2013We had tasty margaritas, hard shell tacos and my now-favorite ceviche. Everything was nicely prepared and presented by an excellent server who enjoyed himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.