11675 North 136th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85259Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (480) 314-0365
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Danilo Sodano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We happily can arrange to provide food for your catering needs. We do not provide wait staff, as we prepare everything for catering as a buffet style.
- Private Party Facilities: We will only accommodate private parties of 30 or more by closing the restaurant for a fee. All dishes and special dishes can be requested for these occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Nantas Sodano 480-203-4854
A word from Casa Mia
Casa Mia is the authentic Italian Cuisine experience. Our family moved to the U.S. in 1993 from Sorrento, Italy (a province of Naples). We came straight to Scottsdale so none of our palates were altered from the flavors they were familiar with. Casa Mia means "my home", and just like at home our food is made to meet our standards of taste. All of our ingredients are of the finest quality, from home made pastas, organic produce, and now organic grass fed beef. Our wine list features only Italian wines, and is always a work in progress as we are always searching for new surprising flavors!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Casa Mia - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Casa Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (17)notable wine list (12)romantic (11)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- greatcanoga68Dined on 5/11/2014The food was great and the service was also great!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemGatsbyDined on 5/10/2014The new decor is refined and elegant , yet it is still informal and comfortable. The room is open and bright. The food is very good. The bartender is affable and bright, and makes a great Manhattan. The location has plenty of parking.Special Features:
- Always great foodLovegreatfoodVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food and service is always good. Family run, they take good care of their customers. We have never had a bad mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!!KittyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Really a nice menu plus there are several specials each day. Overall the food is very good. I never was a fan before but now I truly am as the last 3 visits have been wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New locationBiggityBigVIPDined on 5/6/2014Casa Mia moved to a new location very close to where they were. The new location has nicer seating and a better bar. The food and service remain excellent.Special Features:
- New LocationartkVIPDined on 5/4/2014Casa Mia has moved to a new location. Same great food and service!Special Features:
- Outstanding Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014New location but same GREAT Food and Service!! This restaurant now has a VERY nice modern look. HIGHLY recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new Digs, Food Still GreatJoeSVIPDined on 5/3/2014We are a loyal diner at Casa Mia as it is the best Italian place in the Valley. They recently moved into a new space in the strip mall next to their old location. It is a now a very trendy looking atmosphere with minimalistic but comfortable design. The food of course remains the same excellent fair. I had the special which was a seafood risotto, filled with claims, mussels, scallops and shrimp in light red sauce. My wife had her favorite dish the pasta with spec. First course was their stewed calamari and fresh burrata with prosciutto. We finished the meal with a sweet and light tiramisu. Fantastic!!Special Features:
- A great place for food and wine!MJcfpDined on 5/3/2014We had this place recommended to us by a couple different people. Our schedules have been very full and we FINALLY made it to Casa Mia. All I can say is we will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Memorable NightKeisaDined on 5/3/2014My daughter ask to return to Casa Mia after taking my son in law and her there for Christmas so we went for an early Mother's Day. It was exciting to see the new ambiance created with Casa Mia's move to their new location. The art is great and decor more upbeat. Still their friendly, well tended service was present. Most importantly the food was fantastic. I had the lobster ravioli, my partner had the risotto with seafood…divine. The sauces are light and the pasta is perfect. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It wasn't what we expected.happymealsDined on 5/3/2014The staff were very nice but there were 4 of us and none of us really enjoyed what we ordered.
- Consistently InconsistentLuv2wineVIPDined on 4/29/2014Four of my 5 visits have ended with the same results, one course (entree) being quite good to excellent and the others fair to poor. On one occasion receiving two inedible desserts. My one exceptional meal was sitting at the bar. The table service has been awful 3 of 4 times. It starts out well and once your entree is delivered you are all but forgotten. Although staff are relaxing and chatting, they don't attend to wine or beverages or check on your needs. And when you leave they barely notice and you are lucky to get a goodbye. The new location is much nicer and more modern than the previous one. It's too bad they don't put as much effort into care into the consistency of the food and especially the service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Fantastic neighborhood spot for you & friends. Family owned & operated, wonderful food /wine. Knowledgeable staff. We walk from our condo and feel like a slice of Italy is around the corner.Special Features:
- Casa Mia's New LocationExCasaMiaLoverDined on 4/26/2014Our first visit to the new location at first sight was great open area and decorated nicely. The bad news is that the noise level, due to bare concrete floors, sounds like a cafeteria; so unlike the ambience and mood at the old place. We always received great food but last night the wait time for our entree was very long and my husband's veal was overcooked and cold. Sorry, but we will not be returning.
- Not your everyday ItalianAZdinerDined on 4/26/2014Casa Mia is far off the beaten path, and they have recently moved about 1/4 mile to a new location, but people find them anyway. The food is wonderful--each in our party of four had a different entree, two of them the evening's specials, and one a dish that satisfied the question, "What is your best seafood pasta?" Service is friendly and knowledgable (our waiter was the chef/owner's son). The atmosphere is casual and comfortable. Prices are higher than typical of Italian places, but commensurate with food and wine quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by friends...LoveGreatFoodDined on 4/26/2014Great food and great service. Our group sampled each other's dishes and loved them all. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuntoeatVIPDined on 4/26/2014Love the new ambience and decor - great art and lighting in particular. The food and service remain outstanding. A bit noisier but more happening. Still warm, friendly, personal. A great spot that we never miss when we are in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pasta !OliveOliveVIPDined on 4/17/2014Always enjoy Casa MIa's pasta ! Kid friendly and great service !!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014The menu is authentic and ingredients very fresh. Selections are different and delicious. Lots of choices for vegetarian and for diners who make healthy meal choices. The staff are friendly and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was cold, Second timeLuv2dineVIPDined on 4/12/2014Food was cold, Second time we have been there and been somewhat disappointed.
- Favorite Italian RestaurantRocketDined on 4/12/2014We think this is our favorite Italian restaurant outside of Italy. We were pleasantly surprised to find it in Scottsdale. We have been about 10 times and each time we feel that we have confirmed our conviction. When we take friends we generally tell them to listen carefully to the specials as one can't go wrong with one of these. But we also have dishes we really like on the standard menu. Last night several thought the gnocchi I ordered off the standard menu was the best of the table, but other thought the lobster pasta special or the seafood risotto special was the best. We enjoyed sharing the tastes. We find the service attentive, atmosphere good, and have never been disappointed in the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJeanDined on 4/11/2014We are still talking about how good our meals were and have said that we will have to go to Casa Mia more often. We live in Fountain Hills and it's an easy drive. Very definitely will go again soon.Special Features:
- COnsistently GreatScottsdaleShawnVIPDined on 4/5/2014We have been to his restaurant at least a dozen times over the years. The food and service have never disappointed. We have brought different sets of friends with us, and in every case, it has become of of their favorites as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring the Bottle Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Although we very much enjoyed our dinner the other night, we found it quite inattentive that a staff member (not a waitperson) attempted to take away our wine bottle when it was still 1/3 full. Inexcusable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food. Will return.MameVIPDined on 4/5/2014Delicious food. Will return. Only hesitation is that is in a location far from our home, wish it were closer.
- Bar DinnerprotocoljgVIPDined on 3/30/2014Casual yet attentive service with food as wonderful as always. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Mia delightlove2eatDined on 3/30/2014This is your typical community restaurant where you feel like you are coming home to eat. We eat here fairly often and the owners who run the kitchen and wait on the tables recognize us and treat us well. This does not have the hype of a "Big Name" place but if we want "down home" cooked Italian food served in a cozy, comfortable intimate setting this is the place. You can also call ahead and set up for groups (this is necessary because it is not a big place) and everyone finds food they like It is a bit more expensive than other places of its type,,, however,,, we always go away happy.Special Features:
- Sorry, but our first and onlySCreekerDined on 3/27/2014Sorry, but our first and only experience was just mediocre. Service was slow and the food was very bland. The Fruitti de Mare was mosty spaghetti and overcooked calamari. There was little sauce and a fair amount of rubbery calamari. The 3 mussels were tasty. Dry, dry. The hostess was lovely, but we just won't be returning.
- Best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Love the place. Great family. Best kept secret in north scottadaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysRegularDined on 3/21/2014We eat here on a regular basis. Since this was a special occasion, we called in advance and requested a special dish which the chef gladly made as the special that evening. They're moving about 500 ft south of their current location in about a month to a larger space which is good news as it gets crowded even during the week. Family run, always fresh food, Italian wine you can't find anywhere else. Simply love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go every weeksasyDined on 3/16/2014The food is excellent and the service has always been very good, this is one of our favorite places for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost outstandingIzzyDined on 3/16/2014I love the food at this upscale Italian restaurant. The menu has interesting offerings, but it is the daily specials that always attrack me. While I like the friendly AMD warm atmosphere, the service was just a bit too leisurely for my taste. I am sure it had to do with the single waiter for the entire room, though he was assisted by a busser who also delivered plates. When we received his attention, the waiter was warm and helpful. I would definitely return and send others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceBretDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I tried Casa Mia for our anniversary dinner. The inside of the restaurant is nicely laid out and the decor is very colorful and charming. The menu is diverse with an excellent variety of flavors and textures. We started with the Burrata which was centered around an excellent Buffalo mozzarella. My wife had the Insalata Mista and I the Insalata Cesare. Both salads were very fresh and perfectly dressed. My wife then had the Spaghetti Alla Checca and I had a special of Pappardelle with a light lobster cream sauce. Though both were made with very simple ingredients, the preparation was brilliant, and the flavors were simply amazing. We finished with a molten chocolate tart with a raspberry coulis - the perfect end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMarcoDined on 3/15/2014We love Casa Mia because we dined with them when the family had a place in Positano, Italy. Great family and great food.Special Features:
- Darn close to very good ItalianbuffaloknukDined on 3/14/2014We enjoyed all the food (bread, veal, risotto) with the following exceptions: 1- caesar salad made without romaine lettuce, but with predominantly white iceberg lettuce, and low garlic and cheese flavors 2- calamari done in a marinara like sauce was chewy 3- mashed potatoes and green bean as veggies in Italian restaurant? Served hot. Happy staff. Great pepper mill. Strip mall location, but great interior. ciao!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodKrittyAZVIPDined on 3/13/2014We have been coming here for a few months and have had good service and great food each time. The place is small, so be sure and make a reservation, especially for Friday and Saturday nights. It can get a bit noisy, but we've always been able to carry on a conversation. You might also notice that the "regulars" will get lots of attention with servers and owners stopping to say hello. A nice touch, but can service for other tables to slow a bit until all the greetings are done. Still, I'm sure it's nice if you are one of the regulars! I recommend this restaurant for the food, the service, and the comfortable room.Special Features:
- Italian Neighborhood GemGMacKayDined on 3/12/2014We took our friends who were visiting, this was our first visit, it was so wonderful. Great food, great service. We will definitely visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our evening withopenmouthDined on 3/7/2014We enjoyed our evening with great food and service. The pace of the meal was just as we had hoped and we felt very welcome in this family run business. Would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent asAAlanVIPDined on 3/7/2014The food was excellent as always, however, we were forced to wait for 30 minutes for our reservation. Even with Open Table, the restaurant clearly booked more reservations that they had any chance of handling. The hostess asked if we wanted to sit and eat at the bar. We declined. Not what we envisioned with an Open Table reservation. The food and service however, once we were seated, was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant Need More ServersMare2014Dined on 3/1/2014The food was good however I felt that more than one server was needed. I felt sorry for the server he was there on his own with no help. The place was crowded which was good but we had to wait awhile for our food and wine. I think they need to really get their act together on service or they will end up losing customers rather than gaining them, I used to come to this restaurant once a week but it was nice to come back after not being there for a few years. I personally won't be coming back though have found better Italian restaurants. Wish them all the best and success in their move to a larger location.Special Features: