Casa Ludovico - Palm Harbor, FL
1719 Alternate US 19
Palm Harbor, FL 34683Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Ludovico - Palm Harbor, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatcasa.com/
- Phone: 7277847779
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5;00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar
A word from Casa Ludovico - Palm Harbor, FL
Papa Ludovico's Tradition In Italy, Papa Ludovico’s door was always open and everyone was welcome. The tantalizing aroma of fine Italian foods cooking on the stove would draw in friends, friends of friends, and sometimes even strangers... but after sharing a bottle of wine together, strangers became friends. Now, Casa Ludovico is proud to share Papa’s traditions in Palm Harbor, Florida. Everyone is welcome to enjoy fine Italian food and wine with both old and new friends. Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Casa Ludovico - Palm Harbor, FL - Best Restaurants in Palm Harbor ›
Casa Ludovico - Palm Harbor, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (24)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (15)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Best Italian food restaurant ever. Will always com here for Italian food. Service was excellent. The sauce was as good as my homemade sauce,maybe even better.The service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodJoehuddyDined on 8/30/2014This is the best Italian food I have found in Florida. Although I have never been to Italy, this seems what you would find there. There is not to much sauce on the pasta which seems like I see at every Italian restaurant. Definitely a place I would recommend for most special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Food was very good and service is very nice. The owner who is the host could be a little friendlier and smile more. I would recommend this restaurant but I would also worn about how unfriendly the owner is.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EateryJohnVIPDined on 8/22/2014The rest is great and the owner, Carmine, is wonderful! Only suggestion is to add osso bucco on their menu: pork or veal works for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerFoodjunkieDined on 8/21/2014Casa Ludvico has been around for sometime now and has attracted many customers who revisit it. That shows that a certain standard, ambience and congeniality are maintained there. Food is excellent and like all Italian restaurants of higher grade - the sauce is exquisite! Wine list is decent as well. We have seen the same staff there for many years and the service is excellent. Waiters are friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique find. Specials were great!MickeyDined on 8/16/2014Unique find. Specials were great. Good Appertizers. Good service. Good desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good dining experienceBigDDined on 8/15/2014Food is consistently good, service is pleasant and attentive, nice environment for social dining.Special Features:
- BobinClearwaterDined on 8/10/2014The food and its preparation is consistently very good. Nice variety and reasonable prices. Service is conscientious and unobtrusive. I have dined there many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was simply delicious, starting with the bread w/ olive oil and olives to the main courses to dessert. The Chicken Ludovico was so tasty and the Tarimisu was probably the best I ever had. Our waiter was great, as well as the rest of the wait staff. We will definitely be back again. The only thing I thought was quite unnecessary was the mandatory valet parking, since my car was parked about 20 feet away from the entrance. The parking lot is too small to need valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opinion on foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The first problem is we got a bottle of wine that you can get at the grocery store for $4-5 and they charged 30. Secondly the service was very good but way too fast. We received our main course before we could finish our salads and they seemed to be in a hurry even though no one was waiting. My chicken was dry and my wife's chicken marsala was not very flavorful in our opinion relative to other top restaurants.Special Features:
- Great food and servicevmcurranVIPDined on 8/2/2014I have been going to Casa for years....the service and quality of food is impeccable!Special Features:
- Good but not greattimar312Dined on 7/12/2014We ate here a week ago with a small group and had a bad experience. It took an hour and half to get our food and when we did, a few people in the party had undercooked meals. The waiter was always very polite and apologetic - even brought a free dessert platter. My husband and I decided to try the restaurant again, just the two of us this time and the food was just ok. We had high expectations but left feeling sort of "meh" about the whole dining experience. I can't say that we won't be back but it didn't make the favorites list.Special Features:
- Very good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2014Usual nice meal at Casa- little strange as we were only ones there on a Thursday evening . Obviously service no problem since we were only table for entire staff. Food very good but starting to wonder about value- $200 for 3 with inexpensive wine. Guess have problem with $10 for a salad but will return as charming place with good food.
- DisappointedlisaandreyDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I have been to Casa Ludovico a few times in the past and have always been happy with the meals. This time I was disappointed. I ordered the penne alla norcina and thought the dish was tastless. The discription says that it is made with a spicey Italian sausage. There was no spice and the rest of the sauce lacked any flavor. The waiter acted like he would rather be any where but working last Saturday evening. Hope the next time is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014This was our second time at Casa Ludovico and it didn't disappoint us at all. The food was just as good, if not better, then the first time we were there. Only slight problem we had was the waitress. She just seemed annoyed with everything we asked for.She seemed like she didn't want to be there. Someone spilt a water and she asked if she should bring a sippy cup, which was a little offensive because the person who spilt it was 89 years young. I think she was trying to make a joke but it was inappropriate. No one laughed. Overall, it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HospitalityJohnVIPDined on 6/10/2014Very nice ambience, great food and wine list. Reasonable prices. Carmine, the owner, is very hospitable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty & friendlyrippDined on 6/1/2014everything we tried was well prepared and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the beststeveVIPDined on 5/31/2014there is only three places to eat in Palm Harbor and The Casa is one . Excellent food ,service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the Casa Ludovico - Palm Harbor, FL reviews archive.
- Tried and trueAnnieDined on 5/21/2014we have eaten here many times since it opened. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa LudavicoBarbDined on 5/15/2014Cozy ambiance, extremely friendly staff, and wonderful specials and delicious food! Excellent grouper and piccatas! Our favorite spot for dinner on special occasions. We have introduced this restaurant to several friends, who continue to go there regularly.Special Features:
- Fun and livelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Enjoyed dinner with friends in a neighbor eatery. The food was good...typical Italian fare. Bread could be better (Like from Mazzarro's) But the olives and olive oil dipping sauce was delicious. The service was a bit slow but we were enjoying time with friends so it was ok. I had the linguine with clams. The pasta and sauce were great but the clams were tiny and chewy. The cheese cake was a good treat and nice way to end the meal. I would recommend it and return.Special Features:
- Good place to dine......PlatoDined on 4/26/2014Food here is always good with some items outstanding - Veal chop & squid ink pasta with clams. Only comment is that when they are very busy and that is most of the time, service can be spotty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa LudovicoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Personally, overall disappointing. Very rushed, very hectic atmosphere. For the price food was ok, I would not recommend. Our waiter was nice, though he seemed under a lot of pressure and had a hard time slowing down in order to explain the menu or our questions. The other major issue is the premature clearing of plates. I cannot get over this custom of clearing plates before all members of the table have finished. It is a practice that is rampant and it makes the other diners at the table uncomfortable. It is not correct procedure. Please tell your staff to stop!!!!!Special Features:
- Convinient Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2014Great food and Friendly Service. Good Value . Squid Ink pasta is second to none.Special Features:
- pleasant eveningwecmanDined on 4/19/2014Enjoyed a beautiful night out before Easter. Although very busy evening, table was ready and service outstanding. Food was served at a pleasant pace and the specials were prepared for the best pallet. You will surely enjoy your visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be returningDonnerDined on 4/18/2014I loved the quaint feel of the dining room. Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu, came by and refilled our wine and water glasses frequently and seemed to really enjoy his job. Our wine choice was a Merlot by Elements, which was well priced and delicious. The braised short ribs was the special for the evening and was quite delicious. We will be returning to try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DivinenovakhtDined on 4/12/2014Outstanding all the way around.. great food, great service and atmosphere! Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed it!SusanDined on 4/12/2014We have been wanting to try this restaurant for a long time. When we saw that the restaurant was on the OpenTable app I made a reservation last Saturday and we went. The food was outstanding, the service was great we will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceAnnieDined on 4/11/2014We have been going to Casa Ludovico since it opened. Carmine makes the best sauce using fresh basil. The staff is attentive and unobtrusive . You will become a fan too.Special Features:
- Always returnlongbeachDined on 4/11/2014We have been here several times, although it's a bit of a drive for us from Belleair. Always been very pleased with the service, the ambience and the food. Definitely worth a trip!!!Special Features:
- Best in TownMickeyDined on 4/6/2014Been coming to Casa Ludivico for 6 years. Always outstanding and the best food in the Bay area. Great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality & ConsistencyJackDined on 4/2/2014I have frequented this restaurant for years. This is as close to Italy as it gets. They have not only maintained quality but have always been known for innovation and responding to the culinary variances the years have dictated - such as delicious and more reasonable small dishes. I would highly recommend as it's impossible to have a less than excellent meal here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic Italian FoodvinceDined on 4/1/2014The food was delicious! Authentic Italian dishes and excellent wine list. I would return to this restaurant every time I am in that area.Special Features:
- Dinner for 2HowieDined on 3/29/2014The food was very good and so was the selection. The service was decent considering the place was full and with such a nice place they do not rush you off. I will definitely be coming back soon !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable eveningdonna11Dined on 3/27/2014Fabulous attention to detail: was immediately offered a dark napkin (table setting is all white linen) since I was wearing a dark dress. Excellent service throughout. Our server was warm and welcoming and extremely knowledgeable about wine and menu selections. Food was exceptional and delicious. We had a lovely dining experience and evening.Special Features:
- Good VibrationsDandoc49Dined on 3/22/2014Superb, gracious service by a fun, smart, connected waiter staff. Beautiful, omnipresent hostess keeps a busy dining room buzzing with positive vibe. The food extends beyond and amplifies the service. Can't wait to go back. Very advanced dining scene for Tampa area. Could have been in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemlisaandreyDined on 3/21/2014I live in Palm Harbor and every time I eat at Casa Ludovico's I ask myself why I don't eat here more often. The food and atmosphere are great. Not the typical Italian food you can find at any chain restaurant, thank goodness.Special Features:
- Perfect place to celebrateAmberLynnRNDined on 3/20/2014We went to Casa Ludovico to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We had never been there, did not know anyone who had been there and had only read online reviews. The reviews were spot on! Great food and service. The price actually surprised us as it did not cost as much as we thought it would! I would (and already have) recommended Casa Ludovico to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticJillyDined on 3/14/2014Always good food & service. It's one of our favorites. Sometimes it gets very noisy in thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience---theLeftyDined on 3/8/2014A wonderful experience---the only negative was that we were seated 25 min. after time of the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.